Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

There's got to be more to the decision to build and release or not to build more Jupiters than whether to keep KnC workers busy or the effect on Neptune sales.  How often has the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences been awarded to a Scandinavian?  Often.  The rise in bitcoin value this last year will be studied closely for its applicability to future well known profitable investments in general.  KnC's production decisions will effect the ongoing evolution of economic theory.  Just a thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:48:09 PM

The problem with capitalism is that an economy can have too many capitalists.  The same goes for bitcoin mining.  The stock market fixed this for themselves with mutual funds for retirement rather than the older retirement plan method of selling the company's stock to the employee.  It hurts to screw a former loyal employee so let them get their retirement in mutual funds.  This change allows for a class of successful capitalists and a class of mutual fund holding capitalists - thus you can have at the same time a successful capitalist class and an unsuccessful capitalist class.  Then the problem that an economy can have too many successful capitalists is solved.  Bitcoin mining will evolve to big farms in cold climates.  The mutual fund equivalent will be the sale of GHs of those farms but the farms owners will be making the good money.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:07:35 PM

So a commercial bitcoin farm will be like a mutual fund comprised of any number of assets.  The addition or removal of miners from the farm will be like the mutual fund dropping or adding assets.  In the case of mutual funds if the fund has to pay kickbacks to a major brokerage house (Edward Jones) in order to be listed among the offerings shown/sold to "Preferred" clients and in retribution the fund (The Hartford Fund) removes valuable assets from the fund, the Security Exchange Commission has demonstrated its ability to step in and require a compensation be paid to the ripped off Preferred clients holding the fund.  Bitcoin has no SEC.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

So a commercial bitcoin farm will like a mutual fund comprised of any number of assets.  The addition or removal of miners from the farm will be like the mutual fund dropping or adding assets.  In the case of mutual funds if the fund has to pay kickbacks to a major brokerage house (Edward Jones) in order to be listed among the offerings shown/sold to "Preferred" clients and in retribution the fund (The Hartford Fund) removes valuable assets from the fund, the Security Exchange Commission has demonstrated its ability to step in and require a compensation be paid to the ripped off Preferred clients holding the fund.  Bitcoin has no SEC.

There's no need to do three posts in a row consecutively and rapidly IMHO.  Have you never seen the edit button  Roll Eyes

soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

Pools are all playing with the same blockchain.  How can one or another pool be very much more profitable than the others?  Online one could read of brokers describing the rich rewards Edward Jones *brokers* were getting.  It was said in amazement because other companies just couldn't reward their brokers that way.  Perhaps the posters were deliberately giving a clue under the radar.  It's amazing how quickly a corrupt broker can make an estate dwindle.  If all pools are hashing the same blockchain and the rewards from one are so much better, it can't be legit.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:27:28 PM

Looking recently at dwindling returns, and although the return is less than what would have been after the attacks on Slush and Eligius the other night, but that not withstanding, the issue of increased difficulty and increasing network hashrate, the decline for a fixed hashing power is enough to make me wonder if it will continue so rapidly down that soon inefficient miners will stop paying their own way.

But the large degree that return will drop isn't effecting the sale of inefficient miners to noobs.  They will keep their inefficient miners online come hell or high water because they've paid so much and the chance the mined pittance will become fabulously valuable one day - completely ignoring that buying the btc outright is the smarter move.

Maybe the n00bs see articles with polls like the Coinbase one where the majority expect bitcoins to hit 5k by end 2014, look at the past year and think it will pay long term? It's risky, but not as risky as a pre-order from a company which never produced a rig, or that other one which takes a while to deliver what they promise.

Sooner or later there will be Jups available too (or modules), unless the KNC datacentre is going to mine at a loss they'll want to dump them (or the hosted folk will as their costs will hurt a lot by then). TBH that was what I thought their "watch and keep some coins free" was going to be about, them selling their kit while it could fetch a decent price? No idea how many rigs they have, but it's got to be a good few.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:42:58 PM

So a commercial bitcoin farm will like a mutual fund comprised of any number of assets.  The addition or removal of miners from the farm will be like the mutual fund dropping or adding assets.  In the case of mutual funds if the fund has to pay kickbacks to a major brokerage house (Edward Jones) in order to be listed among the offerings shown/sold to "Preferred" clients and in retribution the fund (The Hartford Fund) removes valuable assets from the fund, the Security Exchange Commission has demonstrated its ability to step in and require a compensation be paid to the ripped off Preferred clients holding the fund.  Bitcoin has no SEC.

There's no need to do three posts in a row consecutively and rapidly IMHO.  Have you never seen the edit button  Roll Eyes
Also, most of this would be better suited to other areas of the forum - Bitcoin Discussion, Economics, Politics & Society + Off-topic. What the &*^$ has chat about mutual funds or the SEC got to do with knc hardware?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

soy, edit button is your friend.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:57:04 PM

Datacenters will not accommodate any device with an external PSU
external PSUs are on many SANs and some other things...   you won't see a computer PSU but there are many rank mounted power units

Good point, I'd be perfectly happy if they made their devices compatible with rack-mounted PSUs. They'd probably have to give up the PCI-E connectors though.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:19:34 PM

Datacenters will not accommodate any device with an external PSU
external PSUs are on many SANs and some other things...   you won't see a computer PSU but there are many rank mounted power units

Good point, I'd be perfectly happy if they made their devices compatible with rack-mounted PSUs. They'd probably have to give up the PCI-E connectors though.

yes, or at least provide an internal distributed harness that you just plug in.  And those rack mounted PSUs could power multiple neptunes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

The answer is really easy.  They just need to keep selling Jupiters every month until they are done with the Neptune and then switch over.  3000 units a month would keep us in competition with CEX.io and any behind the scenes mining ops.  Not selling Jupiters is surrendering the future of mining to non-KNC customers.  It doesn't make sense.  If they want to take their time with the Neptune, they need to give us some hashing power in the meantime.

If they did that the difficulty would just go up even faster and it would mean even less money for miners. Why would you want KnC to flood the network with hashrate?  If you want more hashpower now, there are a number of places where you can order it and have it delivered immediately, with no waiting and very little risk. *ahem*

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:52:13 AM

The answer is really easy.  They just need to keep selling Jupiters every month until they are done with the Neptune and then switch over.  3000 units a month would keep us in competition with CEX.io and any behind the scenes mining ops.  Not selling Jupiters is surrendering the future of mining to non-KNC customers.  It doesn't make sense.  If they want to take their time with the Neptune, they need to give us some hashing power in the meantime.

If they did that the difficulty would just go up even faster and it would mean even less money for miners. Why would you want KnC to flood the network with hashrate?  If you want more hashpower now, there are a number of places where you can order it and have it delivered immediately, with no waiting and very little risk. *ahem*

There are no miners for sale right now that will ROI and I don't mean break even.  I mean make a profit that is worth my investment. 
padrino
Legendary

Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 02:47:48 AM

There are no miners for sale right now that will ROI and I don't mean break even.  I mean make a profit that is worth my investment. 

All depends on how you speculate on the price of BTC, and if you can manage to find decent deals but they sure are there..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:41:53 AM

All depends on how you speculate on the price of BTC, and if you can manage to find decent deals but they sure are there..

Queue argument about ROI in BTC terms against fiat and righteous indignation regarding the speculation of BTC price not affecting mining calcs...

aaaaaand GO!
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:08:56 AM

Well I don't know if this will make profit or not, but I am hoping so since KnC most likely won't be shipping anymore Jupiters, I've decided to invest elsewhere, as I've gotten tired of waiting on them to make a simple

decision; I've ordered 6 Bitmain AntMiner S1's today for a total of 1080Gh/s base (1200gh/s OC) for a total of 11.4BTCs. Hopefully I can mine with them for a month, and sell them on ebay for close to what I paid for

them (at least $1500 each). I'm hoping that should make a little bit of money.

Hopefully they at least sell some upgrade modules that work with Oct orders. I still have 3 slots left in my Saturn :-)
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:35:58 AM

Well I don't know if this will make profit or not

We are now at the part of this gen's mining phase where finding really cheap electric will make a difference on miners received today.
There will be a rash of stories in 2014 of people stashing miners at their work/college or other ways to get someone else to pay the costs since it will become a bigger % of the potential profits

Creative tax write-offs will also apply going forward as well

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:37:19 AM

What's going to happen this summer?  KnC has the best machines so far in my opinion and hopefully the Neptune will will live up to same standard of reliability and profitability.  We look at how long it will take a machine to return the btc it costs.  

We know the unknown dark competition putting hashing power on the net probably uses relatively inefficient ASICs.  A problem is that we don't know what they are paying for their miners.  If they have their own ASICs and their own design boards and are fielding their own machines in their farms, they get them cheap and their lesser efficiency isn't as big an issue.  If they are getting them cheap then this summer the total of what they can field might be a real problem.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:39:35 AM

yup, just bought an antminer.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 04:52:05 AM

Well I don't know if this will make profit or not, but I am hoping so since KnC most likely won't be shipping anymore Jupiters, I've decided to invest elsewhere, as I've gotten tired of waiting on them to make a simple

decision; I've ordered 6 Bitmain AntMiner S1's today for a total of 1080Gh/s base (1200gh/s OC) for a total of 11.4BTCs. Hopefully I can mine with them for a month, and sell them on ebay for close to what I paid for

Hopefully they at least sell some upgrade modules that work with Oct orders. I still have 3 slots left in my Saturn :-)

fyi just so you know, selling on ebay is very dangerous same as russian roulette. Don't be fooled by all those sold auctions at high prices, i would say only <50% of those sold are actually successful.  If you are lucky you get a nonpayment, if you are not, you get a scammer, ebay/paypal always side with the buyer. I have had this happen to me twice already 1 for an asic miner card back when it was going for $4000, and another for an avalon.

I have been selling on ebay for over 15 years and know every trick in the book, but there is nothing you can do if you want to sell, just rolling the dice. Both scammers had high feedback rating and looked very legit, they just break something on the miner after a month like bending some metal or cooling fan wires, take a photo and file for claim or direct chargeback within 45 days. They then change their ebay id after a month or so, and since ebay doesn't allow you to search their id history (without knowing their new id) nor leave anything but positive feedbacks as seller, they cannot be blacklisted, and move on to the next victim with their perfect feedback.

There is nothing you can do but take the loss,  that's why i have stopped selling on ebay altogether.  

So make sure you factor that into your calculation the expectation of losing at least 1 miner out of that 6.  In addition to the risk of paypal limiting your account that will take months to get your money out (if it is under your name, if it's a stealth account kiss your money good bye), nothing gets your paypal account limited faster than selling multiple bitcoin hardware / casascius coins that's above $500.  Add insult, they take 10% in final value fee for everything you sell.

just saying...

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:00:19 AM

fyi just so you know, selling on ebay is very dangerous same as russian roulette. Don't be fooled by all those sold auctions at high prices, i would say only <50% of those sold are actually successful.  If you are lucky you get a nonpayment, if you are not, you get a scammer, ebay/paypal always side with the buyer. I have had this happen to me twice already 1 for an asic miner card back when it was going for $4000, and another for an avalon.

I have been selling on ebay for over 15 years and know every trick in the book, but there is nothing you can do if you want to sell, just rolling the dice. Both scammers had high feedback rating and looked very legit, they just break something on the miner after a month like bending some metal or cooling fan wires, take a photo and file for claim or direct chargeback within 45 days. They then change their ebay id after a month or so, and since ebay doesn't allow you to search their id history (without knowing their new id) nor leave anything but positive feedbacks as seller, they cannot be blacklisted, and move on to the next victim with their perfect feedback.

There is nothing you can do but take the loss,  that's why i have stopped selling on ebay altogether.  

So make sure you factor that into your calculation the expectation of losing at least 1 miner out of that 6.  In addition to the risk of paypal limiting your account that will take months to get your money out (if it is under your name, if it's a stealth account kiss your money good bye), nothing gets your paypal account limited faster than selling multiple bitcoin hardware / casascius coins that's above $500.  Add insult, they take 10% in final value fee for everything you sell.

just saying...

Good points.
Don't use Paypal: I sold 3 Jupiters on Ebay so far in 2 seperate transactions (2 before Christmas and one 3 days ago and all went smooth).
But I always opt for cash on delivery. The 1st guy was from the Czech Republic who drove all the way to London to pick up 2 of them, while bringing £18500 in cash.
The 2nd was a local indian guy Smiley

And btw Ebay take 10% up to £75, which is reasonable when you make a sale for thousands of pounds.
Pages: « 1 ... 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: