Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Pt0x

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:33:10 AM

If you read this article:

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/01/21/bitcoin-infrastructure-mining-data-center/

It makes you wonder two things:
- From who "Emmanuel Abiodun" its buying all that hash power (4000 rigs).
- If bough from KNC, did they adjusted their timetable to meet the power requirements of such big "whales"??.

just saying......

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:46:24 AM

If you read this article:

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2014/01/21/bitcoin-infrastructure-mining-data-center/

It makes you wonder two things:
- From who "Emmanuel Abiodun" its buying all that hash power (4000 rigs).
- If bough from KNC, did they adjusted their timetable to meet the power requirements of such big "whales"??.

just saying......

on page 2 it says that 2500 are from cointerra, not sure about the rest

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:47:17 AM

One thing is certain, if folks keep their Neptune miners and by the time they're delivered they won't ROI.. just ebay the darn things. You'll make a profit.

If people keep cancelling they won't need to go to ebay, KNC will have some to sell.

I can't see how they can break even myself, after all most of the last machines haven't yet. My little merc is 3 months old in two days, it's mined 9 btc, luckily for me that makes a dollar profit due to the unforseen rise in the exchange rate. BTC were around 90 each when I bought it, so it is likely to never break even in BTC terms. It's not even half way there today. If you think that kind of rise in exchange rate is likely to save buyer again you're dreaming short term, maybe long term it will though.

The day my little merc started whirring it was mining around .5 btc a day, it's managed .5 in the last ten days. That is without any major competitor to KNC really firing out massive numbers, mainly KNC stuff and dribs and drabs...NOW is the time the other rigs are starting to come to market properly. We all knew they would. We don't know the damage yet though. There's no reason to think that the difficulty won't do similar damage to returns if Neptunes are delivered in May or June.

KNC need to charge less, make less profit. Then they have a future. It's not even ROI for them is it after all? It's ROOPI (return on other people's investment - customers money invested).  

The one thing that we can be certain of in the bitcoin world is that nothing is certain in the bitcoin world. Most of us won our last gamble, not due to some wonder performed by KNC, because what we mined is worth more (which is why ebaying rigs was ever a good thing at a premium over what we paid). Past performance is no guarantee of future gains. That's never been truer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:55:09 AM

the last batch of neptunes was no refunds?! holy, didnt know that.

KNC used to be very customer friendly, but not anymore. Now you get:
No refunds
No PayPal/Credit cards accepted
No plausible explanations on decisions they make, but just quoting the word "procedures"

I remember back in August when Sam Cole was willing to talk with his customers for hours over the phone, but now he is extremely busy.

I am also very close at refunding my Neptunes...

KnC no longer honors refunds?
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:59:17 AM

Is anyone thinking about taking taxes into account when they are calculating their break even? I don't think so, but I do, because I don't want to end in jail! If you deduct taxes from your profit, things get really worse...  Sad

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
timmmers

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:04:32 AM

Is anyone thinking about taking taxes into account when they are calculating their break even? I don't think so, but I do, because I don't want to end in jail! If you deduct taxes from your profit, things get really worse...  Sad

You will be writing off capital expenditure too though, that could make a big difference.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:11:22 AM

You will be writing off capital expenditure too though, that could make a big difference.

I fully agree to that, but you must declare them in usd and not in the btc you have spend.  Wink

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:51:39 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 05:37:14 PM by Phoenix1969

I think a Neptune at 3000 GH will ROI in BTC as long as it starts hashing at around a 5 billion difficulty.

We'll likely hit a difficulty of 5 billion sometime in late March / early April.

I think more like 15 to 20 billion. It looks to me like about a dozen companies are about to deliver before april.
            BUT
All those noob miners and new btc users will also be creating "Dead Bitcoin days" driving the price up with a BTC shortage, as the usage increases, and the speculation increases..., which will save us in fiat returns.
Eventually, the transaction fees per block will also become a more significant value as the block sizes increase etc.... untill finally... After the last Bitcoin is issued, that's all that miners will have or need.... transaction fees.
Many good things to come in btc very soon.... Wells Fargo, Google, E-Bay, TigerDirect, PayPal, Borse, Forex, "Bitcoin ATM's", Campaign Donations, IRA's, Military and humanitarian aid, new exchanges popping up everywhere, and best of all, The Chairman of the Federal Reserve himself endorsed Bitcoin.  Need I say more?
I see a future, where there is no "Checkout" in stores at all. The device on the product has either been paid for, or not.. by scanning the QRcode with your android Dick-Tracey watch.... Soon.
Everyone will have a BTC wallet on their phone.
No more digging for change on the bus, or toll roads, or parking meters, paid toilets, Phone booths, vending machines, McDonald's, and all those other annoying places you seem to have to dig for change!
No more bank or store robberies!
No more pickpockets.
Disability "checks" will be deposited on the 1st every month in btc.
Real-Estate transactions will clear escrow in minutes.
There will be no need for "ATM"s or banks for most.
"Checking accounts" will disappear, and those using old fiat will be under suspicion.
Remember that time your buddy went to Vegas, had a blast, brought a hooker to the room, fell asleep, and when he woke up, his wallet and a kidney were missing? That's not likely to happen any more... except for the kidney...hahaha..  except, this time, they track down the hooker, and your kidney, because her wallet recorded a block transmitted from your phone, which was traced via GPS.
Someday it will be embedded directly in your I.D. ...Remember NWO?   ahemmm..., right along with a portion of the block-chain, and be solar or everlasting battery powered with built in retina scanners. Personalized advertisements will play on your phone or ID based on your past purchases and places you visit online as you walk around stores offering coupons and discounts.
This is just the beginning of the world's wealth re-distribution.
The blockchain will literally be transmitted pocket-to pocket(already happening), and some will find they've become sterile from being a wireless hotspot all the time....  lol
Just a year ago, a cashless society was a pipe-dream....   This is gonna be a wild ride!..... and the name KnCminer will live to the end of time.
Those with the most efficient miners will enjoy a residual income forever, which is probably why KNC is going hard at efficiency. Considering the rate of adaptation, and the rate at which coins are produced, leads me to one inevitable conclusion... HUGE price rises, ongoing, in waves, for years to come... Keep those coin folks. Facts be known, I could buy two brand new 2014 Subaru Foresters with the BTC I made from KNCMiner products, or a fixer-upper home... but I know better than to cut myself short by cashing them in.... all, and more than my original fiat has been removed from the pot too. It's pure profit from here on out....
May we all see our dreams come true...  Good night all.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:11:20 AM

Couldn't find a decent offer for my day 1 preorder neptune (customer appreciation batch) so i have requested a refund. Lucy at KnC responded to my email in less than 30 minutes.

I have sent the bank details and will let you know how long it takes to arrive. Lucy says 3 to 10 days so i guess KnC are processing the requests straight away and the time it takes it the normal wire transfer time

Elenelen

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:53:42 AM

I will ask a refund as well (first hour preorder), because KNC changed its priorities from "deliver as fast as possible" to "develop as well as possible".  Their priority switched to building huge data-centers for hosting, which priority conflicts with our (and yours) priority to mine at least ROI.  ROI isn't possible if KNC delivers weeks/months too late.

Even my second-day Jupiter isn't getting ROI: I mined currently 50 BTC, and maybe this will be 60 at the end of this year. But that still will be less than would I have bought BTC in Jun-2013.  Prospectives for Neptune (first day preorder) are even worse, so better to refund, and buy BTC instead....

Sorry KNC but I'm not willing to prefund your Data-center ambitions....without a decent ROI for me.
timmmers

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:55:36 AM

I think a Neptune at 3000 GH will ROI in BTC as long as it starts hashing at around a 5 billion difficulty.

We'll likely hit a difficulty of 5 billion sometime in late March / early April.

I think more like 15 to 20 billion. It looks to me like about a dozen companies are about to deliver before april.
            BUT
All those noob miners and new btc users will also be creating "Dead Bitcoin days" driving the price up with a BTC shortage, as the usage increases, and the speculation increases..., which will save us in fiat returns.
Eventually, the transaction fees per block will also become a more significant value as the block sizes increase etc.... untill finally... After the last Bitcoin is issued, that's all that miners will have or need.... transaction fees.
Many good things to come in btc.... Wells Fargo, Google, E-Bay, PayPal, Borse, Forex, "Bitcoin ATM's", Campaign Donations, IRA's, Military aid, need I say more?
I see a future, where there is no "Checkout" in stores at all. The device on the product has either been paid for, or not.. by scanning the QRcode with your android Dick-Tracey watch.... Soon.
Everyone will have a BTC wallet on their phone.
No more digging for change on the bus, or toll roads, or parking meters, paid toilets, Phone booths, vending machines, McDonald's, and all those other annoying places you seem to have to dig for change!
No more bank or store robberies!
No more pickpockets.
Disability "checks" will be deposited on the 1st every month in btc.
There will be no need for "ATM"s or banks for most.
"Checking accounts" will disappear, and those using old fiat will be under suspicion.
Remember that time your buddy went to Vegas, had a blast, brought a hooker to the room, fell asleep, and when he woke up, his wallet and a kidney were missing? That's not likely to happen any more... except for the kidney...hahaha
Someday it will be embedded directly in your I.D. ...Remember NWO?   ahemmm..., right along with a portion of the block-chain, and be solar or everlasting battery powered with built in retina scanners. Personalized advertisements will play on your phone or ID based on your past purchases and places you visit online as you walk around stores offering coupons and discounts.
This is just the beginning of the world's wealth re-distribution.
The blockchain will literally be transmitted pocket-to pocket(already happening), and some will find they've become sterile from being a wireless hotspot all the time....  lol
Just a year ago, a cashless society was a pipe-dream....   This is gonna be a wild ride!..... and the name KnCminer will live to the end of time.

You're right mate, a lot of very positive stuff seems to be on the verge of happening. I think you're thinking similarly to me that your coins will be worth seriously more in say 5 years so if they don't break even at the moment you're mining them eventually that will right itself retrospectively? IF you read reddit posts recently, especially the Google reply to an email and how that's panning out, you'd be hard pressed to be pessimistic about the future of bitcoin.
For me though, mining seems like it could easily be a way to swap a number of bitcoins for a smaller number of bitcoins. A gamble on manufacturer, what they can do, will do, what their competitors will do, and the thing that really bothers me most...what other major but dark players are doing, which can all screw up the most enthusiastic research.
Someone on a podcast mentioned something that made me smile about bitcoin, the fact that in theory at least, you can walk across borders with your wealth in your head. Just by knowing your wallet details. Doesn't get safer or more convenient than that does it?

It's already been a wild ride, I don't think we've started yet. I think we now come to the really good bit. Adoption. Payday for all of us, the people who want cash, the people who want to change the world's financial systems and make them fairer, we'll all win. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:32:53 AM

If you had just 100 Bitcoins, and the price settled over 10k.....   someday mate....  someday soon  Wink
People will be so glad their machine spits out .005 a day....

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:16:32 AM

If you had just 100 Bitcoins, and the price settled over 10k.....   someday mate....  someday soon  Wink

maybe at 0.1 or 0.05, but not at 0.005 a day, this will only be $50 at $10,000 per bitcoin, then takeaway power cost it will be even less...  

sure you calculated it correctly?
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:22:37 AM

maybe at 0.1 or 0.05, but not at 0.005 a day, this will only be $50 at $10,000 per bitcoin, then takeaway power cost it will be even less...  

$50 a day is not that bad as long as it covers 50% of your operational costs.

e.g. $50 a day, 50% maintenance costs (energy + space rent + time etc etc) you still got 30*$50*.5=$750 net per month.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:24:27 AM

@bitcoinorama any news on upgrade modules ?   Lips sealed
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:49:09 AM

e.g. $50 a day, 50% maintenance costs (energy + space rent + time etc etc) you still got 30*$50*.5=$750 net per month.

And how much will $750 a month buy at 2140 inflation levels? Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:13:59 PM

Don't be fooled by me translating the 0.005 btc into dollars, it was just for the sake of clarity.

I'm a miner and I never cash-out xtc right away after having mined it. I cash-out very rarely and only if I really need it and only for the amount that I have to spend. Or just because the thing I have to buy is available in btc only.

The real question you need to ask is: what you will be able to buy with 0.005 xtc by 2015 (I don't dare to move time horizon further than that Smiley

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
timmmers

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:26:06 PM

or

IF Google adopt it to take on Paypal that could be more like 2016. Or Amazon. Or both.
Google have done some things that no-one even imagined would work out ...like driving a camera car down all those streets...and we now take it for granted. Some of those cars were even robots. Bitcoin is no stretch at all for their wallet.
The head of Paypal showed his lack of common sense by saying they would consider it when the price stabilized...as if them getting into botcoins woudn't have any effect on the price lmao

I used to share Pheonixes optimism but think he was a little too optimistic on timescale ..recently I've seen so much good stuff from everywhere that matters I think he maybe right. I also had no real idea what other uses the system has on top of just paying for stuff. Coloured coins atc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:33:53 PM

Don't be fooled by me translating the 0.005 btc into dollars, it was just for the sake of clarity.

I'm a miner and I never cash-out xtc right away after having mined it. I cash-out very rarely and only if I really need it and only for the amount that I have to spend. Or just because the thing I have to buy is available in btc only.

The real question you need to ask is: what you will be able to buy with 0.005 xtc by 2015 (I don't dare to move time horizon further than that Smiley

I recently received my electric bill for $1700.00 AUD (Australia is 1kw/h@0.30 cents) and it's for same period (3 months) of running 3 jupiters, 1 BFL little single plus air-con running 20% of the time.  BTW, I'm running Jupiter firmware 0.95 with only draws average 580W each

when I add 2 (maybe 3) Neptunes it will probably triple the power cost.  
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:08:08 PM

@bitcoinorama any news on upgrade modules ?   Lips sealed
If the amount of people who have stated they are asking for a refund in this thread is a reflection of the overall mood towards neptunes, I imagine knc are having a crisis meeting today.

How to stop the refunds? Distract people with a sale of jupiter boards? Tell people they've taped out neptune, which will keep everyone on board for a few more months? Tell everyone they are definitely delivering in April and then announcing on May 1st they have a delay (the way they normally wait until a day after something was promised and announce some issue, i.e. 16th October, November jupiters) to keep people hanging on?

Or are they just so set on their future in the cloud hashing business, they don't really care about the small time buyers of neptune? They'll say nothing and give refunds to those who ask?

Their attitude to customers has been pretty shoddy since they started shipping in October, so will be interesting to see how they do business on this issue.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: