Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:50:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:24:22 PM

Should be nicer than a porsche, maybe a Mclaren   lol

That is unless he ordered a 918.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:49:55 AM

I see in other forum they RMA each cube with extra one?? Is this way to excuse or what? The wall start bending Cheesy

no last I heard you RMA a cube back your cost $400 they only pay if the WHOLE KNC miner is a dead beast other wise you pay to them
they pay back.....then they send you and email saying it takes
7-8weeks to RMA your cube...or so it has been posted here and knc forum

not a lot of happy people about the above

hopefully this has changed but this is what I've read up until recently

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
byrdk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:36:40 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 02:55:02 AM by byrdk

My RMA experiences have been nothing like that.  I sent them information about the problem on the first one and they started to go thru the problem solving issues.  After the first return email - the next day - I replied with images of the ssh screens and the advanced page and status page with and without the defective unit.  The next day they had UPS send me a RMA return package, and they received the unit in 2 days at absolutely no cost to me, although they warned me that if I sent more than one unit back they would charge me for the extra shipping cost.  The second unit failed about 2 weeks later. This time I sent them the issues and images at the same time and within 2 days received another RMA return from UPS, and it was received 2 days later.  I find that just trying to get the problem resolved and not playing the blame game has been working for me.  

I have not received any info about the second RMA as yet, but they did offer me the 2 for 1 exchange on the first one.  I tried to get some idea of when the next asics would be available and could get no commitment to any timeline from them.  I am choosing to wait for new ones as they should (hopefully) perform better.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:42:36 AM

The pissy little twinks who moderate the KNC support forum are getting all stressed out about the wall of outrage that is washing over their tidy little nanny state lives and threatening people who speak up about problems with the ban hammer again. As the poster says, we all know where trying to manage bad news by banning forum members and deleting posts gets you in the internet age.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/66769-titan-impression-so-far

Keith commented
[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]Yesterday, 03:13 AM[/COLOR]

You've got a bad habit of posting incorrect details as fact, it will not be tolerated and your posts will be deleted. Continue to post in that fashion and your account will be banned. RMA's are handled on a case by case basis depending on the details we receive from each customer.

Keith, this is taken directly from an email from you to a customer that was posted in another thread. I am not making it up. Here is the quote:

Keith (kncminer)
Nov 06 09:21
Hi,
Apologies for the delay in reply. We offer return shipping for components that are DOA or similar. We have provided recommendations and steps to ensure that the cubes port do not burn, they can usually only burn if the connector is not making full contact on all 6 pins as the power then only travels down a few of the pins and overloads them.
We will repair/replace the cube and send it back to you in the quickest way possible.

Med vänlig hälsning | Best regards
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

As far as banning my account goes, you are free to do that anytime you want. It will look really good to the world to see that KNC is banning customers from their support forum who paid $10000 dollars for a product that doesn't work right, was delivered late, is unsafe to operate and comes with RMA policies that disavow responsibility by forcing customers to pay return shipping for burnt PCI-e connectors.

We all know where trying to control bad news by banning peope from forums gets a company on the internet. Its not like your forum is the only place where people talk about KNC and report on KNC products and services. KNC already have a reputation for trying to manage bad news and outspoken customers by banning posters and deleting content. If you ban me without warning and just cause, your action will be considered a breach of contract for restricting my access as a KNC customer to product support information and services.

If you have any other examples of my 'bad habit of posting incorrect details as fact' please point them out and I will be happy to debate them with you here on a case by case basis.

​Otherwise I will accept your apology for your unfounded accusations.

backup copy of forum post at http://imgur.com/Hji5N3q in case hammerhead deletes the post.
Post deleted, member banned. What a bunch of spineless arseholes.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7928

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:14:37 AM

The pissy little twinks who moderate the KNC support forum are getting all stressed out about the wall of outrage that is washing over their tidy little nanny state lives and threatening people who speak up about problems with the ban hammer again. As the poster says, we all know where trying to manage bad news by banning forum members and deleting posts gets you in the internet age.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/66769-titan-impression-so-far

Keith commented

You've got a bad habit of posting incorrect details as fact, it will not be tolerated and your posts will be deleted. Continue to post in that fashion and your account will be banned. RMA's are handled on a case by case basis depending on the details we receive from each customer.

Keith, this is taken directly from an email from you to a customer that was posted in another thread. I am not making it up. Here is the quote:

Keith (kncminer)
Hi,
Apologies for the delay in reply. We offer return shipping for components that are DOA or similar. We have provided recommendations and steps to ensure that the cubes port do not burn, they can usually only burn if the connector is not making full contact on all 6 pins as the power then only travels down a few of the pins and overloads them.
We will repair/replace the cube and send it back to you in the quickest way possible.

Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

As far as banning my account goes, you are free to do that anytime you want. It will look really good to the world to see that KNC is banning customers from their support forum who paid $10000 dollars for a product that doesn't work right, was delivered late, is unsafe to operate and comes with RMA policies that disavow responsibility by forcing customers to pay return shipping for burnt PCI-e connectors.

We all know where trying to control bad news by banning peope from forums gets a company on the internet. Its not like your forum is the only place where people talk about KNC and report on KNC products and services. KNC already have a reputation for trying to manage bad news and outspoken customers by banning posters and deleting content. If you ban me without warning and just cause, your action will be considered a breach of contract for restricting my access as a KNC customer to product support information and services.

If you have any other examples of my 'bad habit of posting incorrect details as fact' please point them out and I will be happy to debate them with you here on a case by case basis.

backup copy of forum post at http://imgur.com/Hji5N3q in case hammerhead deletes the post.
Post deleted, member banned. What a bunch of spineless arseholes.

You weren't expecting a sudden display of ethical behaviour from them really, were you?  They are pricks.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:42:24 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 05:34:12 AM by Searing

OK in the spirit of honesty .....I may have to grovel here a bit........(well at least on my 1st hour running the Titan)
may even have to (shudder) grovel on KNC forums (ack!)

using 3 of cablez Y adapters 16awg and one direct connect (found out my other y connector was 18awg) (ie recommend cablez Y connectors pm him)

2 corsair 1200i units running on 2 20 amp circuits (overkill) using 2 seperate triplite euro 220v surge protectors each circuit

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-EURO-4-International-Protector/dp/B00006HZ4M/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415506961&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=triplite+euro+4

(what the heck the 120v version works flawlessly on my oct 550gh jupiter...went for it ....anything hic ups....fire etc it will go down pronto)

instead of paper clips on psu power connectors I used TWO of these antminer dealies (no idea why they looked cute and were on ebay...the price was less 2 months ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-ASIC-Bitcoin-ATX-Jumper-Switch-Run-PSU-Power-Supply-w-o-Motherboard-/281483366917?pt=US_Power_Cables_Connectors&hash=item4189b75205

well all said and done the Titan seems to be working the first hour flawlessly (unless I'm missing something on the knc miner page)

using ghash.io mulit scrypt coin pool

did not set any difficulty or anything just this

stratum+tcp://multi.ghash.io:3333

worker etc

viola

supposedly? you can set difficulty manually on ghash.io ....so not sure if there are better options
seems to be auto adjusting difficulty (the Titan or the pool whatever) currently after a bit more
then 1 hour WU is 4 difficulty is 362 ...again this is the multipool option at ghash.io and currently
mining litecoin and dodge as the choice

anyway first hour all is well plugs are very cool (not sure if this applies to the internal temps of such)

damn KNC got into my head was damn sure was gonna get stiffed ..I guess being in the middle of the pack on the orders helped
..i assume this is true because this unit shipped with version 1.05 *but no y cables*

anyway still puckered up I am (its a plot) but 1st hour seems golden it is hashing between 285 and 325mh

only have 3 led lights on the knc board plug'd into the pi thou.....and one red light is on all the time pp10 it is
labeled i assume that is normal or I have 1 led lcd cable light out and should show 4 lites

anyway may have to eat crow it seems to work ...then again 7 weeks late

only other latent cooling effect on the control board and such is I have the cubes stacked 2/2 and
the they are sitting on 1/4" plate glass (got it one time with a bank desk) just in case ..on a wood
work bench....very very cool to the touch ...the titan controller board may like this cooling effect

anyway to those interested in the above..to those not feel free to /ignore me ...(don't want to ruin peoples day)

p.s. getting a lot of stale shares (1/2) on this pool thou ..changed difficulty as was recommended by some to 8192 .but maybe this don't work so good
on multipool side..the Titan on reboot simply starts over and auto adjusts up from 0 ...so we will see... i guess..

may have to try other pools i guess..just correcting above....(making good time no idea where the puppy is going)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mishax1
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:42:05 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 04:10:34 PM by mishax1

It blows my mind that KNC have "sold" non working titans worth 10-20 million dollars and get away with it... how is that fucking possible ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:03:02 AM

I blows my mind that KNC have "sold" non working titans worth 10-20 million dollars and get away with it... how is that fucking possible ?

mine is working...but then again I was almost EXACTLY in the middle of the 1st batch of miners...mine also came with version 1.05 installed which would
lead me to believe it is more recent...on 1 cube I have 2 dies not even showing up...all other dies on the other 3 cubes work...so running around 300mh

but then again had no luck as knc said with multipool on ghash.io all rejects mostly (finally remembered it was screen -dr in putty not -rd duh!)

have just switched within the last 1/2 hour to ghash.io litecoin pool and it is more stable still lots of clashes/stale/flushing going on but that
is a KNC firmware issue yet

my goals are modest it does not SO FAR look like it is going to burn house down been around 4 hrs up more or less...ghash.io pool has me confused on
how exactly you keep track of ltc and dodge they are currently mining ..but for another day

so anyway yeah...if it just kinda sorta mines ltc and maybe someday the firmware can do multipool etc with 25% back equip depreciation (biz) I JUST MAY
get 1/2 of my original price for this 'future' doorstop

I am very very very very very lucky however the 3 cubes I have have NO bad dies the 1 cube has 2 bad dies I still more/less ave 300mh

but it seems to be all the luck of the draw on all this ..you'd think they'd toss us an extra cube (there is a port for one) crap they even
compensated the frankenjupiters for crying out loud

but IF I was not a LEGAL miner in us with the biz option and more or less KNOW i can get 25% back eventually on the purchase price I think I may

have simply sent it back unopened (gamble) and try to get full refund or more likely it would be sitting on ebay right now at 4.2K unopened buy it now

but for the biz angle above....I would suggest EBAY if you don't open it and don't test it at least you don't know if it works or not honestly
point that out to whomever and sell it with a clean honest mind.....the warranty etc can go thru KNC after that fact

but maybe just maybe I can get more then that 4.2k back mining the beast with the above now.....*then again it could still croak*

ah the joys of being a home bitcoin miner...we are a dying breed mostly because of the stake being driven into our back by buying these
machines.....a perfect circle...of predator and prey.......newbie that I was ...live and learn I guess

(ah the small things in life the miner has not burned up ..yet?....simple goals)

again hopefully those hero's who sent the units back or the others (class action or swedish consumer etc) others will take part in and myself
we can get something back ..but I suspect the most likely winners will be those who have the *balls* to send the Titan back unopened in that
14 day period..if so they deserve it for the risk/pushing it

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 02:30:12 PM

I blows my mind that KNC have "sold" non working titans worth 10-20 million dollars and get away with it... how is that fucking possible ?

mine is working...

We all know that after 5 firmware releases some people can mine some coins on some pools some of the time at 300 MH/s. LTC on KNC approved pools is generally unproblematic. Try p2pool, fast block time coins, load balancing and nicehash.

KNC is hoping to fix some of this stuff in v1.06. We'll see ...
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:11:10 PM

P2pool adress
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 07:10:32 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 07:34:28 PM by s1gs3gv

Keith commented

Keith (kncminer)
Hi,

Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

As predicted - permanently banned by Kurt for 'being rude' and my post was deleted. They started acting nervous when I told them I was going to thoroughly test v1.06 when released to make sure all the promised Titan functionality worked and if it didn't ask for a refund based on KNC's failure to deliver a 'working' product.  KNC likes to manage public perceptions of what 'working' means. In their world, it means mining LTC on KNC approved pools. In the real world it means, as KNC said in their advertising, being suitable for 'any scrypt application'. That means p2pool, fast block time coins, coin switching pools, load balancing etc at an average of 300MH/s.

A week or two after v1.06 comes out I'll publish a test report. I'd like nothing more to discover that the Titan finally works and can be used in 'any scrypt application' after KNC finally release v1.06

BTCish

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:21:18 AM

Is it any chance to get miner if i order from them now ?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:27:52 AM

mine is working...

We all know that after 5 firmware releases some people can mine some coins on some pools some of the time at 300 MH/s. LTC on KNC approved pools is generally unproblematic. Try p2pool, fast block time coins, load balancing and nicehash.

KNC is hoping to fix some of this stuff in v1.06. We'll see ...

I know nothing about P2P ....suggested pools (hate having to do all this research that KNC shoulda done )

looking into other options.....looking at 45% hardware errors on ghash.io (not sure if this mostly is just stale shares or how correct that is) and 4% on each die under
bfgminer (note to self figure out what everything means on bfgminer)

but does this mean that even thou we are hashing on say a LTC/DODGE pool and getting like me on bfgminer a 297.1 or some such....in reality we are
really only hashing about 1/2 that? 1/4 that? how much of all that crap coming up is clutter or dropped coin?

by the by some folks say they can use the multicoin option on ghash.io..I set it up as others nothing worked ....went to the ghash.io LTC/DODGE and
I see what I think is the common flush and stale share issues....so KNC has other problems inter-related some equip works on some pools some don't ..I have version
1.05 which is what it came with

get on ebay they are going upopened in the box for 4K or so last I looked this one just sold for such today

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Titan-Scrypt-Miner-New-In-Box-Ready-To-Ship-/201206395139?pt=US_Virtual_Currency&hash=item2ed8d5f103

not sure it pays but if you want a TOY you sure don't want to pay 10k for one Smiley

if you do want to pay 10k for one we can negotiate accordingly (hey mine even kinda works shocked is what I am...although
of the 5 guys posting on knc forums same couple days as mine they arrived.... the other 4 were er..not so much....
dumb and lucky is a lousy way to push your products out....KNC seems to think they can continue to wind the rubber band
on this toy way to mnfg stuff

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:35:48 AM

How many LTC a day are you getting Searing  Huh    That'll tell ya if your mining full bore or if stales are killin it.

Calc shows 300mh=7+ LTC a day...............which is .07 BTC a day.

http://litecoinminingcalculator.com/index.php?khs=300000&diff=41501.8481548&cdiff=41501.8481548&fee=0

My 35mh gets 1.08 LTC per day on multipool  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:56:53 AM

How many LTC a day are you getting Searing  Huh    That'll tell ya if your mining full bore or if stales are killin it.

Calc shows 300mh=7+ LTC a day...............which is .07 BTC a day.

http://litecoinminingcalculator.com/index.php?khs=300000&diff=41501.8481548&cdiff=41501.8481548&fee=0

My 35mh gets 1.08 LTC per day on multipool  Wink

not home but pretty sure it is less than that prob only getting 2/3 as a guess...using LTC/DODGE pool on ghash.io I am going to have
to dig around for other pools that may work better on knc forums and here on bitcointalk (P2P no idea?)  and  I am at work did not setup  remote access correctly
will be very concerned if i hear fire sirens at other end of town where I live...basically watching my Jupiter mine....figure the house is not
burned down if the Jupiter is mining....man i need a set of inet cameras web wise i can watch from work..knc always full of 'drama"....   Smiley

the reason I actually got the KNC miner is because I did NOT want to mine LTC ...serves me right I guess

wonder how people are gonna freak out when KNC says version 1.06 solved the alt coin problem by 'ignoring' new alts that fast block or some such

seems 'denial' that the product is not as advertised is the theme imho....the old BFL all risk to the consumer plan

well mine half assed works like everyone elses with LTC/Dodge...but that is hardly a working ALT COIN miner at this point in time (7 weeks late too boot
and I'm in the middle of the pack of first batch orders)

A KNC Titan today went for 4K sold on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Titan-Scrypt-Miner-New-In-Box-Ready-To-Ship-/201206395139?pt=US_Virtual_Currency&hash=item2ed8d5f103

we can wait a week or two when it hits like 3200 bucks or some such....buy the unit (4 guys say) each grab an extra cube for the 5th port

sell the controller w/cables back on the side on ebay

heh Smiley

hell of a way to get a 10k investment toy improved.........

even worse for Neptunes now on ebay sold for 2k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Neptune-3-400-Gigahash-BTC-Miner-Ready-to-Ship-/171517641801?pt=US_Virtual_Currency&hash=item27ef3f8449

now if it only mined odd new alt coins you could play with this Titan toy at the above prices...but if it NEVER does fast new coins correctly a guy

may as well drag out the GPU cards again and mine X11 the power use per $$$ per coin is close (both a no win)

live and learn I hope to get 1/4 of investment back mining and 1/4 back thru equip depreciation under IRS rules 2013.....

if I can get 1/2 my purchase price back I will be very very lucky

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 05:39:22 PM

It blows my mind that KNC have "sold" non working titans worth 10-20 million dollars and get away with it... how is that fucking possible ?

Deterrent effect of a Swedish lawyer pre-order plus inability of the community to organize a well thought out group legal action.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

A good one or a broken one ?

~L)L~
proudpak

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Deterrent effect of a Swedish lawyer pre-order plus inability of the community to organize a well thought out group legal action.

I beg to differ around 50+ people have joined hands to file law suit against KnC. I am also seeking law suit via my lawyer
Ollie

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Guess what the mailman brought today? Four titan Y-cables from KnC.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

Not sure if any of the Neptune owners noticed this yet?

https://www.kncminer.com/products/single-upgrade-module

It looks new, I am guessing that B1 and B2 owners won't be able to upgrade to these boards? But it will be possible that B3 owners will get these boards and if KNC decides to hold up their end of the deal with the B1 and B2 owners getting a free miner we too will get one. Smiley (fingers crossed)

Now it would be nice to know what KNC's intentions were offering B1/B2 Neptune users Y-Cables and never shipping them. LOL

Pages: « 1 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: