Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: minerstat: mining OS + ASIC monitoring + Windows mining  (Read 166963 times)
coinscrow (OP)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 305

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 12:51:51 PM

Linux Client Works Perfect!  Grin
I'm Getting closer to Alpha.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olaf_d

Activity: 76
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:39:51 PM

Linux Client Works Perfect!  Grin
I'm Getting closer to Alpha.

Awesome!! Looking forward to it!
Bones972

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 04:50:01 PM

How are the updates coming along?

Also can you add EWBF-zcl support since nvidia support is pretty limited? At least that way I can swap it manually to the most profitiable coin.

I'd like to echo this request for NVidia miners.  It would be helpful to be able to switch coins without using config-editor each time.  Especially since CCMINER-TPRUVOT supports many different coins.  LBRY, Decred, Monacoin, Feathercoin, Vertcoin, etc...

comes with v2.9.1
im currently working on linux client and worldwide servers for pools and for the website load-balancing.
stay tuned.. will be awesome

Thats Awesome!  I was wondering if we were able to mine other coins with our Nvidia rigs.  Ive been basically burning Zcash the whole time.  Any chance anyone can add in some of the Algo's for using CCMiner-TPRUVOT?  I have never used that platform before mostly just Claymore's stuff. 

cryptominer420

Activity: 450
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:57:26 PM

musicoin.nomnom.technology:9999

╖   ╓╖╖                         ╖╖╖ ,
  ▒   ╢▒,@▒▒▒║ ╓╣╝║║*╢  ╢▒╣ ],`]░╢▒▒╖ ▒ ╥╢▒▒▒╢  @╝╢▒
  Ñ▒▒]▒▒` ]`╢║▒╣▒╢▒▒  ╢▒╝▒▒▒  ╢▒╜║▒▒▒╢▒╜  ╢╢║N
 ║╢   ▒▒╜ ║▒▒╢▒▒@@╢▒║  ╢▒╜ ▒ ╙▒▒,║░▒╣ ▒║ ╢▒▒╢▒▒▒»@╢@@╢╜

▬▬  A Miner Built Mining Platform  ▬▬[/url]
Powered by Our Mining Community

magnoman

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:17:01 PM

Also can you add EWBF-zcl support since nvidia support is pretty limited? At least that way I can swap it manually to the most profitiable coin.

I'd like to echo this request for NVidia miners.  It would be helpful to be able to switch coins without using config-editor each time.  Especially since CCMINER-TPRUVOT supports many different coins.  LBRY, Decred, Monacoin, Feathercoin, Vertcoin, etc...

comes with v2.9.1
im currently working on linux client and worldwide servers for pools and for the website load-balancing.

Thats Awesome!  I was wondering if we were able to mine other coins with our Nvidia rigs.  Ive been basically burning Zcash the whole time.  Any chance anyone can add in some of the Algo's for using CCMiner-TPRUVOT?  I have never used that platform before mostly just Claymore's stuff. 

Here's a few sample configs for CCMINER-TPRUVOT you can throw in the config editor if that is what you are looking for...

LBRY
ccminer-80-x64 -a lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbc.coinmine.pl:8787 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote

DECRED
ccminer-80-x64 -a decred -o stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote

VERTCOIN
ccminer-80-x64 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20507 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote
insaniak

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:09:55 PM

how comparable is this to nicehash miner?
coinscrow (OP)

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 09:13:42 PM

full with nicehash pool.
profit calculation real time
you can check your balance
nicehash at most profitable coin.

but the nicehash miner is currently not supported. i dont know
theres an option or api to i can integrate :/

Bones972

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:02:18 PM

comes with v2.9.1

Here's a few sample configs for CCMINER-TPRUVOT you can throw in the config editor if that is what you are looking for...

LBRY
ccminer-80-x64 -a lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbc.coinmine.pl:8787 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote

DECRED
ccminer-80-x64 -a decred -o stratum+tcp://dcr-us.coinmine.pl:2222 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote

VERTCOIN
ccminer-80-x64 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20507 -u username.worker -p x -b 0.0.0.0:3333 --api-bind 3333 --api-remote

You're awesome man!  Yep that's what I was looking for!  Thanks!!

magnoman

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:04:02 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 10:43:22 PM by magnoman

full with nicehash pool.

insaniak,

With the Nicehash miner you are renting your hashing power to others who buy it on Nicehash marketplace.  (in effect you are being paid in BTC to mine for others)

With Minerstat you are mining coins directly for yourself OR if Nicehash happens to be the most profitable at any given time Minerstat has the ability to automatically switch to mining for Nicehash to your bitcoin address.  (this auto-switch feature only works with AMD cards at present but full NVIDIA support is coming soon in the next software release)  The Minerstat node software basicly baby sits your mining rigs and makes sure they are mining 24/7 and can send you alerts if they are down.  The website and mobile app summarize all of the information about your rigs like what coins you are mining and how much you are earning.  The web interface also gives you the ability to remotely manage your miners.  You can upgrade the software, switch coins, and even reboot the miners remotely.

Most of the time mining coins directly for yourself is more profitable by around 10% or more compared to Nicehash.  (you can see this by using whattomine.com)  Also keep in mind that Nicehash takes a 3% fee before they pay you.

When you mine for yourself you get to decide if/when to sell your coins.  If you have the time to watch the crypto market this can be very profitable to sell when coins are worth more.

Another difference is with Minerstat you have to setup a wallet and a pool account for each of the coins you want to mine.  Many use a wallet on an exchange like Poloniex or Bittrex.  There are lots of different pools you can choose to mine to and Minerstat supports them all as long as the algorithm works with the pool.  Eventually Coinscrow has plans to start up his own Minerstat low-fee pools for most coins and release a Linux version.

I hope this helped answer your question.

insaniak

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:44:12 AM

full with nicehash pool.

insaniak,

With the Nicehash miner you are renting your hashing power to others who buy it on Nicehash marketplace.  (in effect you are being paid in BTC to mine for others)

With Minerstat you are mining coins directly for yourself OR if Nicehash happens to be the most profitable at any given time Minerstat has the ability to automatically switch to mining for Nicehash to your bitcoin address.  (this auto-switch feature only works with AMD cards at present but full NVIDIA support is coming soon in the next software release)  The Minerstat node software basicly baby sits your mining rigs and makes sure they are mining 24/7 and can send you alerts if they are down.  The website and mobile app summarize all of the information about your rigs like what coins you are mining and how much you are earning.  The web interface also gives you the ability to remotely manage your miners.  You can upgrade the software, switch coins, and even reboot the miners remotely.

Most of the time mining coins directly for yourself is more profitable by around 10% or more compared to Nicehash.  (you can see this by using whattomine.com)  Also keep in mind that Nicehash takes a 3% fee before they pay you.

When you mine for yourself you get to decide if/when to sell your coins.  If you have the time to watch the crypto market this can be very profitable to sell when coins are worth more.

Another difference is with Minerstat you have to setup a wallet and a pool account for each of the coins you want to mine.  Many use a wallet on an exchange like Poloniex or Bittrex.  There are lots of different pools you can choose to mine to and Minerstat supports them all as long as the algorithm works with the pool.  Eventually Coinscrow has plans to start up his own Minerstat low-fee pools for most coins and release a Linux version.

That answers it perfectly so basically if I dont want to sell my own coins nicehas, but with minerstat. It will mine the most profitable coins and then put them in my wallet and I can decde to trade or sell them on the market. Also there isnt that 3% fee. With minerstat I dont need anything else right? Like sgminer? If i wanted to mine eth or to mine litecoin I can direct it to the pool? I use Coinbase but they say I cant direct mining profits into there. but off this information alone I think im going to stop using nicehash.
olaf_d

Activity: 76
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:56:31 AM

I mine to my coinbase and have never had a problem.

To answer your miner question, minerstat has all the miners built in. No need to go download them separately.
magnoman

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:03:00 AM

full with nicehash pool.

insaniak,

That answers it perfectly so basically if I dont want to sell my own coins nicehas, but with minerstat. It will mine the most profitable coins and then put them in my wallet and I can decde to trade or sell them on the market. Also there isnt that 3% fee. With minerstat I dont need anything else right? Like sgminer? If i wanted to mine eth or to mine litecoin I can direct it to the pool? I use Coinbase but they say I cant direct mining profits into there. but off this information alone I think im going to stop using nicehash.

That's correct.  Minerstat has the miner software (such as SGMINER and CLAYMORE) included in the node software package that you download and install on your mining rig(s).  If SGMINER (or other) releases a new version Coinscrow will include it in the new version of Minerstat.  Instead of controlling the configuration of the mining software on each rig you do it right from the Minerstat website which makes it easier to make changes.

One thing to consider when choosing a pool for the coin you want to mine is most all have a pool "fee".  This is usually around 1-2% depending on the pool but usually less than Nicehash fee.  The pool fee has nothing to do with Minerstat.  At the current time Coinscrow only receives his income from any donations and a few ads if you aren't a donor.  If you find it useful enough be sure to donate to support future development.

If you have AMD GPUs then ETH and Musicoin are very popular right now.  NVIDIA popular coins are ZCash, LBRY, Decred and ETH.  Litecoin is best mined using ASIC hardware (not GPU mined any longer).  Minerstat doesn't have any support for ASIC yet.  

fwiw ethermine.org is one of the better ETH pools.  It has only a 1% fee and you can check the status of it (how much you have mined, hash rate etc) right from the Minerstat site.  Others here may prefer different pools or have others suggestions.  

Additionally you might want to checkout the CLAYMORE-DUAL(ETH) miner.  That miner can be configured to mine two coins at the same time.  ETH and usually LBRY, DCR, SIACOIN or PASC.

Right, you'll probably want to setup an account on an exchange such as Poloniex so you can trade your mined coins for BTC, ETH or LTC.  If you ever want to cash out for fiat currency then you'll transfer BTC, ETH or LTC from Poloniex to Coinbase or other.  Also suggest moving most of your coinage to an offline wallet at some point as its safer to stay away from exchanges as much as possible.

Good luck!
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:52:02 PM

I should uninstall wattman to use wattool
coinscrow (OP)

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 02:58:47 PM

not needed.
watttool for only RX 400 Series. currently 500 not supported.. (yet)

FFI2013

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:11:02 PM

not needed.
Its for rx 400 series but if I want to use watttoll should I remove wattman so there's not two programs trying to control my gpus win 10 installed it automically
coinscrow (OP)

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 03:12:40 PM

not needed.
Its for rx 400 series but if I want to use watttoll should I remove wattman so there's not two programs trying to control my gpus win 10 installed it automically

no.
just configure watttool, not needed to temove wattman

FFI2013

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:21:40 PM

not needed.

no.
just configure watttool, not needed to temove wattman
thank you
coinscrow (OP)

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Linux Client Alpha, Next week!

This is not the OS, yet. >> Client like minerstat.com on windows.

Wink

bughatti

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:53:47 PM

Wink

If the linux client is ready next week, what linux distro do we need to install to best test, I would like to get away from smOS by the time you release alpha client
coinscrow (OP)

minerstat CEO

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:29:48 AM

Wink

If the linux client is ready next week, what linux distro do we need to install to best test, I would like to get away from smOS by the time you release alpha client

i develop the node under ubuntu.
but, i think it will work in all distro.

claymore-dual, claymore-zec. ewbf-zec already work on linux.
what clients are you using?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: