April 28, 2024, 08:20:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19949 19950 19951 19952 19953 19954 19955 19956 19957 19958 19959 19960 19961 19962 19963 19964 19965 19966 19967 19968 19969 19970 19971 19972 19973 19974 19975 19976 19977 19978 19979 19980 19981 19982 19983 19984 19985 19986 19987 19988 19989 19990 19991 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 19998 [19999] 20000 20001 20002 20003 20004 20005 20006 20007 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 20016 20017 20018 20019 20020 20021 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:19:25 AM

It's not as painless as I'd imagined

go find an OTC place like genesis trading or cumberland mining.

you'll get money straight in your account from an account that doesn't set off red flashing lights and sirens in the bank's office.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:21:34 AM

If I was Canadian I'd trade through a foreign exchange.

what he needs is a fiat off ramp

If he wants to sell at the bottom he could use one of JimboToronto's favorite local ATMs that allow withdrawing up to $5k per day.

You can get that much out of an ATM in Canada?   Huh   Shocked

No problem. Some machines allow up to $10k per day to stay within AML limits.

My local ATM allows up to $5k per day but I had to split it into 2 $2.5k transactions.

Paid me all in brownies ($100 bills) after only 2 confirmations. Fast, clean and simple.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:25:23 AM

If I was Canadian I'd trade through a foreign exchange.

what he needs is a fiat off ramp

If he wants to sell at the bottom he could use one of JimboToronto's favorite local ATMs that allow withdrawing up to $5k per day.

You can get that much out of an ATM in Canada?   Huh   Shocked

No problem. Some machines allow up to $10k per day to stay within AML limits.

My local ATM allows up to $5k per day but I had to split it into 2 $2.5k transactions.

Paid me all in brownies ($100 bills) after only 2 confirmations. Fast, clean and simple.

I'll have to talk to Jimbo. The ATM I was looking at was looking to really squeeze me.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:33:29 AM

In the meantime, I encourage Bitcoin to GO BITCOIN GO!
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:33:52 AM

I'll have to talk to Jimbo. The ATM I was looking at was looking to really squeeze me.

Go though the rates for all your nearest ATMs shown on coinatmradar until you find one that's not ripping you off.

https://coinatmradar.com/

This post explains how Jimbo does it. He said in other posts that he has to shop around until he finds one with a rate he likes. Some of them have a constantly changing rate.

Did your ATM let you withdraw 2 $2.5k transactions anonymously (without ID) a few weeks ago? I assumed you must have provided ID scans to get that kind of limit allowed.

No ID required. To maintain a daily limit for the purpose of AML laws, they require a cell phone on which you can receive text messages.

To sell coins, you enter your cell number and they immediately text you a code number to enter into the ATM. This unlocks the ATM and allows you to do the transaction. After you have specified the amount of the transaction, it displays a QR code to scan with your mobile hot wallet.

It then tells you to wait for the transaction to be confirmed by the network. I always include a priority fee and it has always been included in the next block. After it has been confirmed, it texts you and tells you to return to the ATM and tap "redeem".  They then text you another code number. When you enter that number it immediately starts spitting out $100 bills.

The time it takes for the whole process depends on the time it takes to confirm the TX. It has never taken me more than a half hour.

The cell phone I use is an anonymous pay-as-you-go Speakout flip-phone from a 711 store. I have several of them (all free from promotions) in case I ever need to exceed my daily limit. Because Speakout allows free texting even when the time has run out, they cost nothing and are always available.

The Android device I use for the Mycellium wallet to sweep a paper wallet and send the coins, is a cheapie Blu phone they were giving away for free for buying an air-time top-up in a holiday promotion a couple of years ago. To get Android to boot up I had to insert a SIM card but I found that a non-activated card worked just fine. The SIM card was also free in a promotion and fully anonymous. I connect to the network via free wifi from a donut shop next door. Of course the Android phone has never been connected to my home wifi nor been associated with my identity in any way.

Needless to say, I never connect to Google or Playstore. I installed Mycellium from an APK file downloaded on a Windows PC from the Mycellium website.

Buying coins is even easier. You simply tap "buy", scan the QR code for your paper wallet's public key, and start feeding in cash. No phones or devices required.

I'll never understand why people have a problem with paper wallets. They're easy to use and and offer the ultimate in security.

Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:36:13 AM

Gracias.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

Tongue
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:45:05 AM

Utterly unsurprising, yet still infuriating, makes me want to burn and rob.

Shit, this 'inferred' data is likely nothing compared to the evidence of collusion you'd find in the phone and text data.
DPoS2

Activity: 189
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:13:35 AM

Go though the rates for all your nearest ATMs shown on coinatmradar until you find one that's not ripping you off.

This post explains how Jimbo does it. He said in other posts that he has to shop around until he finds one with a rate he likes. Some of them have a constantly changing rate.

Did your ATM let you withdraw 2 $2.5k transactions anonymously (without ID) a few weeks ago? I assumed you must have provided ID scans to get that kind of limit allowed.

No ID required. To maintain a daily limit for the purpose of AML laws, they require a cell phone on which you can receive text messages.

To sell coins, you enter your cell number and they immediately text you a code number to enter into the ATM. This unlocks the ATM and allows you to do the transaction. After you have specified the amount of the transaction, it displays a QR code to scan with your mobile hot wallet.

It then tells you to wait for the transaction to be confirmed by the network. I always include a priority fee and it has always been included in the next block. After it has been confirmed, it texts you and tells you to return to the ATM and tap "redeem".  They then text you another code number. When you enter that number it immediately starts spitting out $100 bills.

The time it takes for the whole process depends on the time it takes to confirm the TX. It has never taken me more than a half hour.

The cell phone I use is an anonymous pay-as-you-go Speakout flip-phone from a 711 store. I have several of them (all free from promotions) in case I ever need to exceed my daily limit. Because Speakout allows free texting even when the time has run out, they cost nothing and are always available.

The Android device I use for the Mycellium wallet to sweep a paper wallet and send the coins, is a cheapie Blu phone they were giving away for free for buying an air-time top-up in a holiday promotion a couple of years ago. To get Android to boot up I had to insert a SIM card but I found that a non-activated card worked just fine. The SIM card was also free in a promotion and fully anonymous. I connect to the network via free wifi from a donut shop next door. Of course the Android phone has never been connected to my home wifi nor been associated with my identity in any way.

Needless to say, I never connect to Google or Playstore. I installed Mycellium from an APK file downloaded on a Windows PC from the Mycellium website.

Buying coins is even easier. You simply tap "buy", scan the QR code for your paper wallet's public key, and start feeding in cash. No phones or devices required.

I'll never understand why people have a problem with paper wallets. They're easy to use and and offer the ultimate in security.

Well you aren't in the USA where they have cameras and datapoints of your existence everywhere.. there are at least 8-10 people and a supercomputer assigned to EACH civilian.. lab animals have more freedom
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:35:00 AM

I am starting to realize that the very obvious problem here in French Polynesia when it comes to crypto is that there is no bitcoin exchange here.

I am considering changing that. I will be talking to the heads of the three banks here in Tahiti along with regulators to get a feel for how much resistance I will run into if I put up an exchange.

If all goes well, are there any open source solutions out there to give me a template to get started on setting up an exchange? It would seem that with so many exchanges being hacked there would be some open source out there so more eyes can be on it.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:06:13 AM

I am starting to realize that the very obvious problem here in French Polynesia when it comes to crypto is that there is no bitcoin exchange here.

I am considering changing that. I will be talking to the heads of the three banks here in Tahiti along with regulators to get a feel for how much resistance I will run into if I put up an exchange.

If all goes well, are there any open source solutions out there to give me a template to get started on setting up an exchange? It would seem that with so many exchanges being hacked there would be some open source out there so more eyes can be on it.

https://spectrocoin.com/en/bitcoin-in-French-Polynesia.html
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:28:16 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 03:38:56 AM by Elwar

Interesting. I did see some kid here use Payeer as his Bitcoin wallet. But I think he used it for some dollar transaction or something.

Edit: After checking it out I can't transfer CFP to it.

I was told there's no local credit cards. Just a bank type of card.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:36:18 AM

Interesting. I did see some kid here use Payeer as his Bitcoin wallet. But I think he used it for some dollar transaction or something.

For $3k a piece you can huck a mess of these everywhere.

I'm actually surprised none of us has ever talked about owning one
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:38:55 AM

Running a BTC ATM is troublesome because depending on your location you will need to have certain kind of license. :/

Btw. Seems im a really good netizen of bitcointalk.

My social credit seems pretty high Wink
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:42:23 AM

We were looking into putting a bitcoin ATM at the airport here.

But again...it comes down to the fact that there is no exchange here. People putting their CFP into the machine and getting bitcoins would mean I would need to take that CFP and convert it to bitcoins.
At the moment the way to do that is to wire CFP into Euros to a bank in Europe and then wire your euros to a European bitcoin exchange.

Same process for getting BTC to CFP.

We already have the government contacts for the seastead. We will see if we can talk to the same folks about allowing a Bitcoin exchange.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:43:48 AM

Well you aren't in the USA where they have cameras and datapoints of your existence everywhere.. there are at least 8-10 people and a supercomputer assigned to EACH civilian.. lab animals have more freedom

Lol. So in America there are 350 million supercomputers and between 2.8 billion and 3.5 billion people assigned to track all the 350 million civilians? Lol. Sounds legit.

Conspiracy theorists =/logic
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:47:56 AM

We were looking into putting a bitcoin ATM at the airport here.

But again...it comes down to the fact that there is no exchange here. People putting their CFP into the machine and getting bitcoins would mean I would need to take that CFP and convert it to bitcoins.
At the moment the way to do that is to wire CFP into Euros to a bank in Europe and then wire your euros to a European bitcoin exchange.

Same process for getting BTC to CFP.

We already have the government contacts for the seastead. We will see if we can talk to the same folks about allowing a Bitcoin exchange.

I see what you mean.
Open source exchange template seems like a really good idea.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 04:05:42 AM

Was observing the wall and saw this thing pop up for a quick second:

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:06:59 AM

It's over 7000!!!

Hmm ... just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:08:41 AM

C'mon corn!

If Jesus could do it, I bet you can too!

Easter on April Fool's Day on BitcoinTalk.

What could go wrong?
Pages: « 1 ... 19949 19950 19951 19952 19953 19954 19955 19956 19957 19958 19959 19960 19961 19962 19963 19964 19965 19966 19967 19968 19969 19970 19971 19972 19973 19974 19975 19976 19977 19978 19979 19980 19981 19982 19983 19984 19985 19986 19987 19988 19989 19990 19991 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 19998 [19999] 20000 20001 20002 20003 20004 20005 20006 20007 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 20016 20017 20018 20019 20020 20021 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: