April 27, 2024, 10:55:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27028 27029 27030 27031 27032 27033 27034 27035 27036 27037 27038 27039 27040 27041 27042 27043 27044 27045 27046 27047 27048 27049 27050 27051 27052 27053 27054 27055 27056 27057 27058 27059 27060 27061 27062 27063 27064 27065 27066 27067 27068 27069 27070 27071 27072 27073 27074 27075 27076 27077 [27078] 27079 27080 27081 27082 27083 27084 27085 27086 27087 27088 27089 27090 27091 27092 27093 27094 27095 27096 27097 27098 27099 27100 27101 27102 27103 27104 27105 27106 27107 27108 27109 27110 27111 27112 27113 27114 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 05:59:54 PM

Will you miss this year 2020 or would like to forget it ?  Are there good times ahead  Roll Eyes

Wait, this isn't 2025 ? Damn, i landed in the wrong year. Damn that Dr. Jones

eh, have any of you seen anything about 12 monkeys ? I did find the virus, just not those monkeys  Undecided

Was 2025 still considered „early“ in bitcoin from the future you came from?

Not sure, i was mostly working in the outer colonies (that Musk fellow works fast).
We pay there with Muskcoin.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3514

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:00:41 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2020, 06:21:15 PM by vapourminer
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

just adding to 600watt here. as long as you can afford to lose it youre fine. that should be a given.

i started mining at $10. it went to $35. yes! then.. down to $2 for a loooong time. a ~95% drop. but.  look where we are today.

tl;dr: hodl

i had read about bitcoin when price was about $10 and right away decided to buy some. but I couldn't find a way to get some btc other than wiring money to the MtGox bank account in Tokyo. price rose every day and the money wouldn't arrive. and price kept on rising, doubling, tripling, etc.. on and on. the fuckin day the fuckin money was finally on my account ready to f i n a l l y buy, price was at.... you guessed it: $35

I finally bought and it felt great. when I checked my account a few hours later that same day, price had crashed. and it kept on crashing next day. and the day after....  man, that was shocking and I had no news. there was no media infrastructure, and main stream media didn't cover it and unfortunately I hadn't found this forum yet. no info, price kept crashing. then MtGox got hacked, I couldn't get to my account anymore. decided to throw everything away and forget about it. I was so ashamed I had sunken my money into this Japanese scam. price went down to $2. 
I had bought right the top of bitcoins first insane bull run. I could have bought 17x more bitcoin if I had bought on the day it was on $2 instead of the day I had chosen to buy. one could say that I had royally fucked this one up and I really think I did. but whining about a buying price of $35 is kinda weird.

cheers to you sharing that moment. you were already mining and I was a textbook noob. cheers to all 2011ers.

i had to lol at the bolded part. yup, i felt the same at the time as i watched it drop from $35 to $2, thought i had wasted money on buying a couple 5830s at like $150 apiece purely for mining because 5830s werent even that great compared to the 6870 i had for actual gaming. what a waste!! stuck with these useless cards!! but i kept mining.. and yeah.. here we are.

i still have a couple of those early mining cards. the 6870 especially deserves to be gold plated and mounted in a display case as it could crank the corn out.. that was the 1st card i bought for mining and had the intention of also having a good gaming card no matter where bitcoin wound up. fond memories.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:10:17 PM

I sense a storm coming our way, moving from north to south.
Should we name it ?
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:12:50 PM

Should we name it ?

Call it "Independence day weekend 2013" and never look back

Edit:

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:13:04 PM

Should we name it ?

Zoom out bro, the storm is a mild, warm ocean breeze while the tide is rising since march  Grin
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:14:22 PM

Should we name it ?

Hurricane Bearolina
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:15:59 PM

proclaiming that you lost interest.. blah blah blah.. nonsense..
its not that i had lost interest but that i stopped updating due to unrelated circumstances in life
Due to personal and unrelated reasons i stopped this, maybe in a year or so when I have more free time I will restart it
We seem to be repeating ourselves here, and your whole way of handling the closing of the thread (and project) still seems disingenuous to me... but of course, you are free to conduct your self in whatever way that you believe is suitable to the circumstances (including your own circumstances), and if you realize that your actions can sometimes cause other members to negatively judge you for such choices that you make.. and even to publicly proclaim such negative judgements, which seems to have been what I had done on several occasions in your thread, in this thread several months ago, and just recently.  Call me a judgmental twat, if you must.    Tongue

Perhaps your right, perhaps not, but in the end i dont really care if you believe me or not, its your choice

I am right about having a personal opinion, and there is a possibility that absolutely no one agrees with my opinion, and even possible that absolutely no one agrees with my having had expressed my opinion.

One of the good things about this forum is that we can share facts, logic and opinions, amongst other variations of those things, and for the most part, our posts are allowed to stand in this particular thread, so long as they do not go beyond rules of the forum or the discretionary censorship inclinations of this thread owner (which is infofront), and infofront seem to have a pretty high tolerance for allowing the batting around of ideas in this thread (and a largely low tolerance for censorship, even when he is doing it.. hahahahaha), even if some ideas that are expressed might be minority ideas.. and the forum largely does not seem to be interfering with infofront's discretion, since he took over the thread in 2017-ish, we have heard a lot fewer complaints from some of the forum admins and mods in regards to the general allowance of topics on this thread and what is going on in this thread, overall.

So, perhaps we have beat this topic (of me judging your actions) to death a bit, and we can agree to disagree on some parts of where we might stand, and I will just wait and see whether you continue with the same patterns of behavior or if you make any improvements from my perspective, to the extent that my perspective matters at all beyond me (as you have already suggested that my perspective might not have any impact on you.. and surely, you have discretion in regards to whether you tweak your ways or you continue to maintain your ways, too).
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:16:20 PM

Should we name it ?

Hurricane Bearolina

Good one.

Is it really a hurrycane or just a dropical storm?

EDIT:
my take:

dropical storm Bigbart
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:20:30 PM

Soooo...  Any insights on if/when/how we are getting decoupled from stocks, and (I hope) coupled to precious metals?

1337 traders are treating BTC like a speculative leveraged stock. Meaning in order to derisk, at the first sign of market going south it's the first asset they drop. I don't see that changing short term. The way we decouple is on a big correction, when speculators exit/take leveraged short position thinking BTC is dead once again, hodlers seeing value start buying up and burn those short. It can happen now when we'll go to around $6k, or can happen when we'll go from $40k to $20k that depends on the global markets. The cycle will continue for some time, but should be diminishing with time and higher market caps.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:22:28 PM

dropical storm?

Dropical Depression ?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:26:14 PM
Merited by 600watt (2)

Then i'd recommend a big, green candle:

== absolutely tobacco-free, of course  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:27:26 PM

Should we name it ?

Hurricane Bearolina

Good one.

EDIT:
my take:

dropical storm Bigbart

I am thinking that the severity of our current storm is somehow related in a kind of exacerbated way to some purging of froth that seems to be taking place in the ethereum (and perhaps related) space.  It may be too early to call that dynamic, and surely there are likely a decent number of 14 year old snot-nosed investors in ethereum, defi, yield farming et al that deserved to be purged to zero or somewhere in the vicinity of zero and to verify if they are still committed to such projects after a wee bit of froth purging.  Hard to know, exactly.

Soooo...  Any insights on if/when/how we are getting decoupled from stocks, and (I hope) coupled to precious metals?

1337 traders are treating BTC like a speculative leveraged stock. Meaning in order to derisk, at the first sign of market going south it's the first asset they drop. I don't see that changing short term. The way we decouple is on a big correction, when speculators exit/take leveraged short position thinking BTC is dead once again, hodlers seeing value start buying up and burn those short. It can happen now when we'll go to around $6k, or can happen when we'll go from $40k to $20k that depends on the global markets. The cycle will continue for some time, but should be diminishing with time and higher market caps.

I have my doubts about going below $8k, but gosh going below $6,600 would likely be very short-lived and a spike, if it were to occur... never say never in bitcoinlandia.. and of course, UP is preferred to DOWn - especially for those of us who would prefer that beartwats are not allowed to refill their having had already sold too much too soon...  Hate to see those guys getting corn, but hey?  What you gonna do?  Cannot really stop corn from doing whatever it's going to do.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:30:59 PM

Should we name it ?

Hurricane Bearolina

Good one.

EDIT:
my take:

dropical storm Bigbart

I am thinking that the severity of our current storm is somehow related in a kind of exacerbated way to some purging of froth that seems to be taking place in the ethereum (and perhaps related) space.  It may be too early to call that dynamic, and surely there are likely a decent number of 14 year old snot-nosed investors in ethereum, defi, yield farming et al that deserved to be purged to zero or somewhere in the vicinity of zero and to verify if they are still committed to such projects after a wee bit of froth purging.  Hard to know, exactly.

Valid option, imho.
VitalikCoin is dumping even harder, like many other Alts. Don't know how much the defi crap is dumping at the time.

EDIT:
I have to do some cleaning now, pasteurize some raw milk, transform some of it into a caffè latte and try fresh baked cookies with weed.
So in case they're too intensive and i won't show no more today  Grin have a nice evening, do yourself something good  Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:35:57 PM

Should we name it ?

Hurricane Bearolina

Good one.

EDIT:
my take:

dropical storm Bigbart

Valid option, imho.
VitalikCoin is dumping even harder, like many other Alts. Don't know how much the defi crap is dumping at the time.

Surely, we do not watch those shitcoins too much in this thread, but does not seem to be off-topic to denigrate them from time to time, including the fact that fees have been so damned high on ethereum in recent times that it makes it much more disincentivized to be moving value around, so it would seem reasonable to conclude that a decent number of retail (and smaller potato investors) are getting screwed by ending up locked in various arrangements that they are not easily able to move out of, in part based on the cloggness of their sham purported to be network...many 14 snot-nosed must be crying about losing their allowance, as we type, no?

EDIT:
I have to do some cleaning now, pasteurize some raw milk, transform some of it into a caffè latte and try fresh baked cookies with weed.
So in case they're too intensive and i won't show no more today  Grin have a nice evening, do yourself something good  Cool

Edit:
Protip:  I heard that raw milk is better for you anyhow, so skip the pasteurizing and just stick with raw dogging your milk.  You will thank me later, you dog.  Wink
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:40:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I don’t want to come off as lecturing you about language usage.  .....

you just did.

That’s all well and good dude but I think you missed the point of my post.
Probably my bad for not making myself clearer.
I was actually attempting to point out that by using the term “he” in the reply , one is assuming the post was made by a male,
when there is no information to make that assumption. Or at least that’s how I read it.
So I use a gender neutral pronoun to account for that.
And as sways link pointed out “they” is ok for that purpose. Apparently there is disagreement on this…whatever man.
Nothing to get one's panties in a twirl about.
Of course you can use “he or she” too, which works fine. that’s all up to the writer I guess.
I simply prefer using “they” but that’s just my writing style preference. ymmv
It has absolutely nothing to do with gender pronoun political correctness  (which, as I clearly stated in my post, think is nonsense.)
and everything to do with not wanting to possibly incorrectly refer to a she as a he...nothing more, nothing less.
And yes I should have appended my post to clarify that if indeed the poster is female, it doesn’t make a shit bit of difference.

Please, no more pompous long winded lectures, that's jays job.

Vectra

Activity: 345
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2020, 06:41:55 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2020, 06:56:46 PM by Vectra

Bitcoin dropping while btc dominance going up. Maximum pain.

I am looking at size of waves of this drop from 12.5k and it is definitely not an ABC correction which lead me to think we can put our 14-15k plans on hold for some time. This is the first wave of retrace only, might go quite deeper in next waves.

Maybe something like this:  

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 06:54:08 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

[edited out]

and everything to do with not wanting to possibly incorrectly refer to a she as a he...nothing more, nothing less.
And yes I should have appended my post to clarify that if indeed the poster is female, it doesn’t make a shit bit of difference.

You did the fatal error of mentioning me in your post, sirazimuth.

I am going to chime in that I agree with nullius and the various other antiplurality references to singulars.

If she cannot handle getting referred to as he, then fuck her.

Same thing is true, if he cannot handle getting referred to as she, then he is acting like a whiny bitch....

especially on the interwebs, we can be he or she.  I do find the term "it" to be a bit dehumanizing, and NOT to many of us are it... at least I hope not.

Please, no more pompous long winded lectures, that's jays job.

nullius can definitely out "long wind" me and surely in many more seemingly erudited ways, but I have noticed that he tends to be much more sporadic than me, so he does not seem to have any kind of marathon-like endurance, to the extent that marathon-like endurance might be a positive, rather than a negative.  

I am thinking that he must have to go away for 3-6 months just to draft up his multiple possible responses, and then when he comes back, he tweaks and slams those various pre-drafted ideas upon various parts of the forum's populace.  That's my tentative theory, and I am sticking with such tentative theory until there is meaningful evidence to the contrary.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9498

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 07:05:14 PM

Observing $10,116.

There’s a real battle at $10,000 atm.

We dipped below $10,000 but bounced back, it seems to be acting as good support atm. Be interesting to see what happens from here. Something has to give soon.....
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2020, 07:05:39 PM

Will you miss this year 2020 or would like to forget it ?  Are there good times ahead  Roll Eyes

heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 07:08:17 PM

Someone is really trying to push the price and keep it under 10k. Let's hope they lose out; I don't like being this close to 4 digits
Pages: « 1 ... 27028 27029 27030 27031 27032 27033 27034 27035 27036 27037 27038 27039 27040 27041 27042 27043 27044 27045 27046 27047 27048 27049 27050 27051 27052 27053 27054 27055 27056 27057 27058 27059 27060 27061 27062 27063 27064 27065 27066 27067 27068 27069 27070 27071 27072 27073 27074 27075 27076 27077 [27078] 27079 27080 27081 27082 27083 27084 27085 27086 27087 27088 27089 27090 27091 27092 27093 27094 27095 27096 27097 27098 27099 27100 27101 27102 27103 27104 27105 27106 27107 27108 27109 27110 27111 27112 27113 27114 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: