April 26, 2024, 01:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24738 24739 24740 24741 24742 24743 24744 24745 24746 24747 24748 24749 24750 24751 24752 24753 24754 24755 24756 24757 24758 24759 24760 24761 24762 24763 24764 24765 24766 24767 24768 24769 24770 24771 24772 24773 24774 24775 24776 24777 24778 24779 24780 24781 24782 24783 24784 24785 24786 24787 [24788] 24789 24790 24791 24792 24793 24794 24795 24796 24797 24798 24799 24800 24801 24802 24803 24804 24805 24806 24807 24808 24809 24810 24811 24812 24813 24814 24815 24816 24817 24818 24819 24820 24821 24822 24823 24824 24825 24826 24827 24828 24829 24830 24831 24832 24833 24834 24835 24836 24837 24838 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:28:12 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[edited out]

As you said, we will see. And my scepticism goes in the first place to the intentions of big money. As it reads in the Fortune article, they intend to "Stabilize" BTC. Whatever that may mean. I remember having read similar things about the CME thing. Now, as for me, no problem if they burn their asses on BTC, after all, it 's what they deserve... .  Wink

You really believe that bitcoin gives two shits about the CME thing?  Do you really believe that the launch of the CME actually caused BTC's 2018 correction? 

In other words, fuck their claims of being able to successfully be able to stabilize (or manipulate BTC prices).  Sure, on a personal level, you might want to make sure that you are prepared for some of their possible success in that direction, but I would not short change myself in my preparedness for BTC prices to go up and their stupid ass attempts at manipulation and stabilization to not be as successful at they fantasized to be able to achieve.

Oh no, in fact I think they overestimated their impact. And indeed, there were a whole lot of other events that caused the blow off top. (Just as there was a lot of irrationallity on the upramp). And as it happened, it was bliss for me. (Just the quasi winter that followed was not so nice). And I do only prepare for upwards, big upwards, but not to fast. In ladders with small steps!  Wink Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:29:42 PM

JJG on ignore

Lovely
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:39:32 PM

back reading WO
til that triangle resolves
how long will it take?

good evening #haiku @ $10.001

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1645

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 07:41:17 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

It is like, the more poorer you are, the longer you stay poor.

bingo

I would not say so. I could go flat out broke today and I would still have skills, experience, character and a university degree. So compared to someone without any education or experience, relativistically speaking, I'd be back on my feet much sooner. $0 in my pockets would be a short-lived inconvenience, at most.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:48:13 PM

So what do you trolls and so called geniuses think of the btc price 6 months from now?

undervalued

Yeah. I picked $11-11.5k so 'obviously' I don't know zip about price vs reality.

sigh

Right there with ya. Smiley

The more richer you are, the shorter it takes to get even more richer.

Regarding the latter and btc...imagine being a whale and gaining or losing millions a day, almost every day. It could be exhausting.

Re being poor...read this...it sucks even more to be OLD and poor because you have very few options or no options.
The narrative of the next few decades for millions might be the story of going from high middle class to lower middle class or becoming poor.
Hopefully, bitcoin would rescue some.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/falling

That was a great read. Thx
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:50:34 PM

bingo

I would not say so. I could go flat out broke today and I would still have skills, experience, character and a university degree. So compared to someone without any education or experience, relativistically speaking, I'd be back on my feet much sooner. $0 in my pockets would be a short-lived inconvenience, at most.

It's statistically proven, that people who gain the most profit on earth are also the wealthiest ones.
Poor people have many times less chances to make profit, because they have to spend all their money for basic needs (food, home, mobility).
There's just nothing left to invest.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:58:25 PM

bingo

There is more;

From my experiences, I can tell, getting rich is like riding a bike.

It is all muscle memory.

First time is the hardest. Once you succeed it, you can go to zero and get back to where you were before much quicker than before.

*Now I remember there was a saying something like;

"The first million you earned is the hardest..."

Might be related to that.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1645

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 08:01:31 PM

bingo

There is more;

From my experiences, I can tell, getting rich is like riding a bike.

It is all muscle memory.

First time is the hardest. Once you succeed it, you can go to zero and get back to where you were before much quicker than before.

I think its more about fear of losing what little money you have, if you don't know how to invest it because you don't have such experience. So you just kind of stay away from anything new and let what little money you have earned go stale under your mattress.

You could invest 1k in bitcoin this year and come out with 2k as soon as the end of the year perhaps. But most people are too afraid.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:03:49 PM

Trace Mayer at this morning's session:

Basic message: Bitcoin provides us with our strongest possible defensive armament for the upcoming economic wars.

Also Tyler Lindholm and Caitlin Long. And my hand representing for WO.

Did you get an opportunity to ask Trace and/or Caitlin (or to inform them, which seems to be your all knowing style) about how bcash SV is the most bitcoin of the bitcoins and/or to inform them about how segregated witness and the core devs are sabotaging bitcoin in order to make bitcoin the less bitcoin of the bitcoins in order that they could roll their eyes at your amazingly level of dumb?  

Nope. I don't need to press the point to know Trace is a BTC maximalist. Caitlin OTOH seems more open to other than such dogmatic views. But she has her hands full this week in putting on this event, while steering the WY legislature to world-leading laws governing crypto.

Though if we hit a lull in the conversation while in a social setting, I'll make sure to let them know you personally are interested in such triviality.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:06:00 PM

JJG on ignore

Lovely

Oh you are so god damned original, fatty.  I am besides myself with the level of your brilliance.

You are probably the amongst the first of WO members to actually come up with the "ignore JJG" solution.  And, good on you to publicly share your great idea in order that you can inspire other like-minded WO regulars to "benefit" from such innovative employment of a tool with which this forum empowers you ladies.

You fucking (dis)ingenuous troll twat.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:12:32 PM

bingo

It's statistically proven, that people who gain the most profit on earth are also the wealthiest ones.
Poor people have many times less chances to make profit, because they have to spend all their money for basic needs (food, home, mobility).

What you say is true, makrospex; however, we don't participate in threads like this in order to emphasize some kind of inevitability in our station (however humble our station might be), right?

Wouldn't you conclude that BTC provides many more options to many more peeps, in terms of investment opportunities than other traditional avenues of investment?

Of course, no one here should be suggesting that peeps not food and shelter themselves prior to investing, yet if anyone wants to attempt to improve their lot in life, they should be attempting to make some efforts, even if that is ONLY the ability to muster up $5 per month to invest in bitcoin.  In the long run, if they can hold and build their investment for at least 5 years, they are going to likely profit from such investment into BTC strategy, even if what they are able to successfully carry out is merely a very modest investment strategy.  Right?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:18:40 PM

Basic message: Bitcoin provides us with our strongest possible defensive armament for the upcoming economic wars.

Did you get an opportunity to ask Trace and/or Caitlin (or to inform them, which seems to be your all knowing style) about how bcash SV is the most bitcoin of the bitcoins and/or to inform them about how segregated witness and the core devs are sabotaging bitcoin in order to make bitcoin the less bitcoin of the bitcoins in order that they could roll their eyes at your amazingly level of dumb?  

Nope. I don't need to press the point to know Trace is a BTC maximalist. Caitlin OTOH seems more open to other than such dogmatic views. But she has her hands full this week in putting on this event, while steering the WY legislature to world-leading laws governing crypto.

Though if we hit a lull in the conversation while in a social setting, I'll make sure to let them know you personally are interested in such triviality.

What the fuck do I have to do with this, jbreher?  You are the fucking bcash SV shill/troll (believer), not me.  Don't you have to take responsibility for your own stupid-ass beliefs rather than trying to cop out by saying that someone else put you up to asking about their views on the bcash SV matter?
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:24:10 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2019, 08:35:37 PM by makrospex
Merited by vapourminer (1)

bingo

What you say is true, makrospex; however, we don't participate in threads like this in order to emphasize some kind of inevitability in our station (however humble our station might be), right?

Wouldn't you conclude that BTC provides many more options to many more peeps, in terms of investment opportunities than other traditional avenues of investment?

Of course, no one here should be suggesting that peeps not food and shelter themselves prior to investing, yet if anyone wants to attempt to improve their lot in life, they should be attempting to make some efforts, even if that is ONLY the ability to muster up $5 per month to invest in bitcoin.  In the long run, if they can hold and build their investment for at least 5 years, they are going to likely profit from such investment into BTC strategy, even if what they are able to successfully carry out is merely a very modest investment strategy.  Right?

When you look at the past of Bitcoin, yes. And you can expect continuation, yes.
Remember, we're geeks (at least i am), but the majority of the poor is fighting to survive each day. Nobody of these people have the tools and abilities to gain knowledge about and also to aquire bitcoins. Neither they have the education to understand or gain access to knowledge. When you'd give most people a paper wallet with a coin in it, they would laugh at you and yell that the paper can't buy food for them.
The power of Fiat. I doubt anything can break it, in near-future terms.
In Africa, most poor elevated their wealth just because of CELLPHONES and this trend continues. I consider this at least the start of possibilities to bring bitcoin to (former) poor people.

EDIT:
Maybe i'm way off topic, it's somehow hard to stay focused today, for various exhausting reasons. It's also harder for me to "think english", possibly my post doesn't make any sense in regard of the current discussion. Back to read-only mode for today...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:33:07 PM

bingo

Of course, no one here should be suggesting that peeps not food and shelter themselves prior to investing, yet if anyone wants to attempt to improve their lot in life, they should be attempting to make some efforts, even if that is ONLY the ability to muster up $5 per month to invest in bitcoin.  In the long run, if they can hold and build their investment for at least 5 years, they are going to likely profit from such investment into BTC strategy, even if what they are able to successfully carry out is merely a very modest investment strategy.  Right?

When you look at the past of Bitcoin, yes. And you can expect continuation, yes.
Remember, we're geeks (at least i am), but the majority of the poor is fighting to survive each day. Nobody of these people have the tools and abilities to gain knowledge about and also to aquire bitcoins. Neither they have the education to understand or gain access to knowledge. When you'd give most people a paper wallet with a coin in it, they would laugh at you and yell that the paper can't buy food for them.
In Africa, most poor elevated their wealth just because of CELLPHONES and this trend continues. I consider this at least the start of possibilities to bring bitcoin to (former) poor people.

Well, we know that there are all kinds of dumb fucks out there who do not appreciate the value of bitcoin, and they need not be poor in order to be dumb fucks about seeing the value of either bitcoin or investing in bitcoin.  I don't think that anyone, even a BTC enthusiast, should go out of their way to attempt to convince people that bitcoin is for their own good.  They can figure out a plan to buy some or NOT.  Bitcoin is not going to give two shits about whether the poor get into bitcoin or not, so if they fail/refuse to spend enough time to recognize and appreciate the value of investing into bitcoin, then there is only so much any of us can do to lead those horses to water and they chose not to drink.

So, of course, I understand that there are a large number of people who are neither going to recognize or to appreciate the value of bitcoin, but it is not our job to spend time trying to persuade them, perhaps beyond just pointing out to them that their is an opportunity in bitcoin that they can look into in the event that they would like to attempt to pull themselves up by their bootstraps in a time-deferred manner rather than merely seeing the world through immediate gratification and immediate needs.  That is on them in terms of failure and/or refusal to look into the matter further, not you, especially once we have pointed out such an option (namely bitcoin) to them.
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:43:58 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

bingo

Of course, no one here should be suggesting that peeps not food and shelter themselves prior to investing, yet if anyone wants to attempt to improve their lot in life, they should be attempting to make some efforts, even if that is ONLY the ability to muster up $5 per month to invest in bitcoin.  In the long run, if they can hold and build their investment for at least 5 years, they are going to likely profit from such investment into BTC strategy, even if what they are able to successfully carry out is merely a very modest investment strategy.  Right?

Well, we know that there are all kinds of dumb fucks out there who do not appreciate the value of bitcoin, and they need not be poor in order to be dumb fucks about seeing the value of either bitcoin or investing in bitcoin.  I don't think that anyone, even a BTC enthusiast, should go out of their way to attempt to convince people that bitcoin is for their own good.  They can figure out a plan to buy some or NOT.  Bitcoin is not going to give two shits about whether the poor get into bitcoin or not, so if they fail/refuse to spend enough time to recognize and appreciate the value of investing into bitcoin, then there is only so much any of us can do to lead those horses to water and they chose not to drink.

So, of course, I understand that there are a large number of people who are neither going to recognize or to appreciate the value of bitcoin, but it is not our job to spend time trying to persuade them, perhaps beyond just pointing out to them that their is an opportunity in bitcoin that they can look into in the event that they would like to attempt to pull themselves up by their bootstraps in a time-deferred manner rather than merely seeing the world through immediate gratification and immediate needs.  That is on them in terms of failure and/or refusal to look into the matter further, not you, especially once we have pointed out such an option (namely bitcoin) to them.

Oh, you mean THESE people.
100% correct.

I was meaning the people that would likely value the idea and potential of bitcoin, but just can't get hold of coins like we, and also average joe from the neighborhood could.
Ignorance, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Also, many people are slaves to media, which just hammers them to consume rather than invest. 24/7
When i look around in my environment, i see many people that could afford investments show off their newly acquired shit, while i began to offload many of my belongings and started investing in BTC. If they knew, they would even call me an idiot. This kind of people can't be taught. They define themselves by what they buy and consume.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:07:43 PM

What the fuck do I have to do with this, jbreher? 

What this has to do with you -- you gratuitously aggressive empty fucking suit, JJG -- is that you are the one that put the silly challenge to me to begin with. Ex post facto, no less. I take full ownership of my beliefs. I am also capable of having perfectly happy interactions with people who hold differing views that do I. As long as they remain civil as well. Something you are apparently unable to even aspire to.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:11:52 PM

bingo

Point is, the poor lack precisely the advantages you list, though "character" gets problematic.

LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 09:14:54 PM

I think PlanB has a lot of security:

Although I think that 2020 will be a total explosion that the market will have, it will be full of many news, wherever its nature is good or bad, the market will have more demand, thus generating a sustained increase in price coupled with the bullish trend.
whiteboy420

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:23:38 PM

does Finex try and hold 10k alone ?
makrospex

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:31:22 PM

does Finex try and hold 10k alone ?

Some birdies told me: it's the mining industry.
They also said 10k will be defended until all the new miner hardware is sold.
When i look at that hashrate...
otherwise lacks any proof and smells like conspiracy theory FUD to me.
Pages: « 1 ... 24738 24739 24740 24741 24742 24743 24744 24745 24746 24747 24748 24749 24750 24751 24752 24753 24754 24755 24756 24757 24758 24759 24760 24761 24762 24763 24764 24765 24766 24767 24768 24769 24770 24771 24772 24773 24774 24775 24776 24777 24778 24779 24780 24781 24782 24783 24784 24785 24786 24787 [24788] 24789 24790 24791 24792 24793 24794 24795 24796 24797 24798 24799 24800 24801 24802 24803 24804 24805 24806 24807 24808 24809 24810 24811 24812 24813 24814 24815 24816 24817 24818 24819 24820 24821 24822 24823 24824 24825 24826 24827 24828 24829 24830 24831 24832 24833 24834 24835 24836 24837 24838 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: