March 28, 2024, 10:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 25531 25532 25533 25534 25535 25536 25537 25538 25539 25540 25541 25542 25543 25544 25545 25546 25547 25548 25549 25550 25551 25552 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 25558 25559 25560 25561 25562 25563 25564 25565 25566 25567 25568 25569 25570 25571 25572 25573 25574 25575 25576 25577 25578 25579 25580 [25581] 25582 25583 25584 25585 25586 25587 25588 25589 25590 25591 25592 25593 25594 25595 25596 25597 25598 25599 25600 25601 25602 25603 25604 25605 25606 25607 25608 25609 25610 25611 25612 25613 25614 25615 25616 25617 25618 25619 25620 25621 25622 25623 25624 25625 25626 25627 25628 25629 25630 25631 ... 33202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336385 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3797

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 10:52:38 PM

Nice...had to check "codpiece".

Well, I had to cash out an entire bitcoin yesterday for expenses and such. This is why it's going over 9k.

Because the universe rotates around me, and the universe enjoys fucking with me :-)

So moon time! Every time I sell one that is one bitcoin I will never see again. Blah!

First sell yourself on the streets or something, if the juices or completely gone there.... then start selling corns

Anyone who earns an income in bitcoin will have to sell some bitcoin.  That is risk management 101.

Each person needs to maintain balance, and lightfoot has previously described that periodically he receives some income in BTC.

well, some peeps here might want to indulge in some mining activity...it's not that difficult and makes income in BTC, lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10063

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 10:58:22 PM

I was staring at my DCA chart as I always do everyday Grin, I realized, since 2016, I doubled my BTC amount every year.  Cool

I can only double one more time that's if I go all in.  Grin

Don't get caught up on unrealistic pie in the sky goals.

Consider your prudence, and you don't need to double each year in order to be employing the correct tactics.  

In other words, if you start to prioritize meaningless goal posts, you will end up screwing up a system that you have built and figured out to work.

In other words, tweaks to your system should be based on incremental changes rather than throwing darts at walls when you might not be as good of a shooter as you believe yourself to be, then you end up getting fucked up the ass because you accidentally (or should we say recklessly?) poked ur lil selfie in the eye ball.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I probably bought my last fucking dip a week ago.

From now on unless there happens to be a huge ass percentage drop, I'll just keep throwing potatoes (DCA'ing) till it hits my target price.

There is never a straight up, so maybe if you are employing "buy on dip," you are not getting as much BTC, but you still cannot really count on losing dip buying opportunities.

Yeah, I understand that many of us here in WO thread have a kind of bullish, never to return to low prices theory, yet historically, it seems that those kinds of opportunities do still tend to come...

Maybe we could analogize from 2016, and yeah after a certain point, it became really difficult to obtain sub $500 coins.. and surely similar dynamics might exist in 2020.. trying to get sub $10k coins... I understand the dilemma and the urge to front load, and I have no problem with the employment of some front loading based on those kinds of ideas.  I did it myself.  I front loaded a bit in the three digits, but I was still always worried about front loading too much and getting caught in some kind of pickle...

Yeah, of course, I left some money on the table in 2015 and 2016, but I don't have any regrets because I really feel that I had front loaded as much as I had felt comfortable at that time, and I cannot go around kicking myself and say that I should have bought more - because buying more was just NOT prudent when I had already sufficiently thought about the situation and sufficiently frontloaded my BTC investment.  There is only so much that you can do and there is only so much money that you can reasonably get a hold of without putting yourself too much at jeopardy if matters were to go sour.. and my lack of regret even goes to the fact that I could have pulled some money out of my 401k.... it was my money.. but I chose not to do it, and the 401k money performed way worse than BTC.. but I don't care because I had already considered both the UPs and DOWNs and I made my then choices about what was then prudent..  No regrets, here.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 10:58:51 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), Arriemoller (1)

P.S.: At least I am not a completely delusional fool like this one: https://beincrypto.com/bitcoin-will-reach-400000-after-halving-history-dictates/

That is just absurd.  Obviously we are only going to experience an 11,000% increase this time around peaking at $343,453.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:01:42 PM
Merited by Globb0 (5), jojo69 (1), bitebits (1)

Edit:  By the way my sub $9k incremental sell orders just filled, next ones at $9,200-ish.... easy peasy... little by little.. sell, sell, sell as the price goes up, but only a little.  That's the mindless system that always attempts to stay ahead of the price moves... The price comes to your sell/buy orders, you do not go to the price..  It's making money in your sleep (kind of), as long as the underlying asset ultimately goes up..

Mines too. Now putting some buy orders at around $8.5-8.6K for the same amount.

Same as you, this has nothing to do with where I do think the price is going next. Scalping needs no feelings. It only needs some (almost unpredictible) sideways volatility.

Yep.. in these order settings, we are attempting to take advantage of BTC's almost inevitable short-term volatility like unemotional bots in regards to setting our orders.. [...]  

By the way, when i started doing this, at $250-ish [...]

Hey JJG, serious question. Could you give some insights in this obviously well thought through strategy you are having? And have extensively shared numerous times? As well for the potential new people entering because of the recent positive price action.

What percentage if your bitcoin holdings, perhaps calculated into today's fiat value, did you lose because of having your bitcoins on an exchange or hot wallet (exchange hacks, sim swaps, etc)

versus

Your gains applying this strategy?

I lost more than I gained.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:06:04 PM

I was staring at my DCA chart as I always do everyday Grin, I realized, since 2016, I doubled my BTC amount every year.  Cool

Consider your prudence, and you don't need to double each year in order to be employing the correct tactics.  

In other words, if you start to prioritize meaningless goal posts, you will end up screwing up a system that you have built and figured out to work.

In other words, tweaks to your system should be based on incremental changes rather than throwing darts at walls when you might not be as good of a shooter as you believe yourself to be, then you end up getting fucked up the ass because you accidentally (or should we say recklessly?) poked ur lil selfie in the eye ball.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

From now on unless there happens to be a huge ass percentage drop, I'll just keep throwing potatoes (DCA'ing) till it hits my target price.

There is never a straight up, so maybe if you are employing "buy on dip," you are not getting as much BTC, but you still cannot really count on losing dip buying opportunities.

Yeah, I understand that many of us here in WO thread have a kind of bullish, never to return to low prices theory, yet historically, it seems that those kinds of opportunities do still tend to come...

Maybe we could analogize from 2016, and yeah after a certain point, it became really difficult to obtain sub $500 coins.. and surely similar dynamics might exist in 2020.. trying to get sub $10k coins... I understand the dilemma and the urge to front load, and I have no problem with the employment of some front loading based on those kinds of ideas.  I did it myself.  I front loaded a bit in the three digits, but I was still always worried about front loading too much and getting caught in some kind of pickle...

Yeah, of course, I left some money on the table in 2015 and 2016, but I don't have any regrets because I really feel that I had front loaded as much as I had felt comfortable at that time, and I cannot go around kicking myself and say that I should have bought more - because buying more was just NOT prudent when I had already sufficiently thought about the situation and sufficiently frontloaded my BTC investment.  There is only so much that you can do and there is only so much money that you can reasonably get a hold of without putting yourself too much at jeopardy if matters were to go sour.. and my lack of regret even goes to the fact that I could have pulled some money out of my 401k.... it was my money.. but I chose not to do it, and the 401k money performed way worse than BTC.. but I don't care because I had already considered both the UPs and DOWNs and I made my then choices about what was then prudent..  No regrets, here.

front loading is so 2014-2015ish.
It's difficult to imagine a serious frontloading at almost 9K (vs 200-500 back then).
It is closed to most, but the fiat 1% now, soon to be 0.1%.
That said, i believe that the next 5-6 mo is the last frontloading opportinity of the next few years.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:07:33 PM

P.S.: At least I am not a completely delusional fool like this one: https://beincrypto.com/bitcoin-will-reach-400000-after-halving-history-dictates/

That is just absurd.  Obviously we are only going to experience an 11,000% increase this time around peaking at $343,453.

Indeed, that is a way more sensible figure. Some people are so ridiculously unrealiistic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:19:34 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Well, I had to cash out an entire bitcoin yesterday for expenses and such. This is why it's going over 9k.

Because the universe rotates around me, and the universe enjoys fucking with me :-)

So moon time! Every time I sell one that is one bitcoin I will never see again. Blah!

First sell yourself on the streets or something, if the juices or completely gone there.... then start selling corns

Anyone who earns an income in bitcoin will have to sell some bitcoin.  That is risk management 101.

Each person needs to maintain balance, and lightfoot has previously described that periodically he receives some income in BTC.

met that hurdle in 2018...in full HODL mode in 2019..(no sell, no mine, ate income from other crypto sources with monthly income, rather than pay taxes with crypto income)

so 2019 ...all HODL no pain for above..if it cracks the ATH in 2020 though...I might also crack like an egg and then your analogy applies!

(weak-willed I shall be around the ATH...I suspect hidden cowardice and HODL slippage...alas!)

Anyway..I gained more than I lost by HODL mode in 2019...we will see if I can pull that off in 2020! Smiley

skysblu

Activity: 219
Merit: 205

_Bitcoin Africa_

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:20:19 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

All btc bears tonight...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:25:55 PM

Maybe we could analogize from 2016, and yeah after a certain point, it became really difficult to obtain sub $500 coins.. and surely similar dynamics might exist in 2020.. trying to get sub $10k coins... I understand the dilemma and the urge to front load, and I have no problem with the employment of some front loading based on those kinds of ideas.  I did it myself.  I front loaded a bit in the three digits, but I was still always worried about front loading too much and getting caught in some kind of pickle...

Yeah, of course, I left some money on the table in 2015 and 2016, but I don't have any regrets because I really feel that I had front loaded as much as I had felt comfortable at that time, and I cannot go around kicking myself and say that I should have bought more - because buying more was just NOT prudent when I had already sufficiently thought about the situation and sufficiently frontloaded my BTC investment.  There is only so much that you can do and there is only so much money that you can reasonably get a hold of without putting yourself too much at jeopardy if matters were to go sour.. and my lack of regret even goes to the fact that I could have pulled some money out of my 401k.... it was my money.. but I chose not to do it, and the 401k money performed way worse than BTC.. but I don't care because I had already considered both the UPs and DOWNs and I made my then choices about what was then prudent..  No regrets, here.

front loading is so 2014-2015ish.
It's difficult to imagine a serious frontloading at almost 9K (vs 200-500 back then).
It is closed to most, but the fiat 1% now, soon to be 0.1%.
That said, i believe that the next 5-6 mo is the last frontloading opportinity of the next few years.

Of course, if we have been in BTC for a decently long time, we are already done with our frontloading, because we largely already established our positions.

However, there are other kinds of people out there.  For example:

1) if you are you just learning about bitcoin, you might want to front load

2) if you have never really been able to reach your investment goals in terms of quantity invested into bitcoin and cash flow limitations, you might want to front load

I understand that each person has to consider his/her own situation, so it might be quite difficult to front load or even to feel that you have sufficiently front loaded because each person has to be able to food and shelter himself/herself and also prepare for emergencies that might come up.

I also understand that it is more difficult to feel that you are able to front load if you are chasing the price up, and maybe that is part of the reason to frontload, yet the main risk of front loading does not seem to be so much from chasing the price on the way up, but instead NOT having any money to buy on dips because you frontloaded and then the price goes flying down and you don't have jack shit dry powder to be able to buy and maybe even start to feel that you want to sell some BTC in order to buy lower, and that is where those people can get fucked if they frontloaded too much and the price goes down instead of up.

I guess, in sum, I think that there are always opportunities to frontload and there are always opportunities to DCA... and none of us really know, exactly where BTC prices are going, but still seems that if we are just getting in, then we should try to strive for a 4-6 year investment window, and even if we have been in bitcoin for a while, we should still be considering a 4-6 year investment window with any new BTC that we buy... so we should really not be cashing out BTC that is younger than 4-6 years in our holdings... even though we have the right and the discretion to do whatever we like with our investments, I am still trying to refer to best practices in terms of long term investing into BTC that will likely give the best bang for the buck.. even though each person has to decide for himself/herself.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:34:05 PM

I agree he is a delusional fool...however, one does not have to believe in "Peter Pan", to secretly have the desire for Peter Pan and NeverLand to exist!

So he can be as frigging 'delusional' as he wants to be, I sure hope he is right, on this fricking $400k BTC price after halving, however!

(Ah daydreams...how I stay sane!) Smiley (Also makes my odds much better to become Natalie Portman's Love Puppet!..you mean there is a chance?)
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 11:51:11 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2020, 12:01:47 AM by Biodom

I agree he is a delusional fool...however, one does not have to believe in "Peter Pan", to secretly have the desire for Peter Pan and NeverLand to exist!

So he can be as frigging 'delusional' as he wants to be, I sure hope he is right, on this fricking $400k BTC price after halving, however!

(Ah daydreams...how I stay sane!) Smiley (Also makes my odds much better to become Natalie Portman's Love Puppet!..you mean there is a chance?)

Those mighty sells/withdrawals would be hard.
Personally, i still don't exactly grasp how it could be done, even if btc comes from an exchange and everything is documented.
Apart from anecdotes from one obvious person here, i never heard about the upper limit of wire/ACH from Coinbase (Pro or regular) and gemini (Gemini does not tell you what the limit is outright). Therefore, even if i wanted, i wouldn't know what limit to ask for. Obviously with these crazy numbers (300-400K/btc), withdrawal limits have to be very high in $$. I am afraid that it could become a bottleneck later on when millions of people start bombarding them with such requests.
rdbase
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1497

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2020, 12:06:54 AM

I have a dream, that the next time we cross $9,000, it will be the last time we ever see Vegeta memes.

I like Vegeta memes. But I'm with you on this one. I want moon memes.

Did you mention moon memes? Grin
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-12/japanese-billionaire-looking-for-love-to-take-on-musk-moon-trip

This you JJG? Cool

https://twitter.com/yousuck2020/status/1216272633248903168
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:14:22 AM

Price is looking like a textbook bull flag on 1hr/4hr charts, target for a breakout above the 200 Day MA would line upto around $9,850.

Might be time to put on the moon boots soon.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:15:26 AM

I really thought that it was jonoiv that I was responding to - hence my aggression.

Not like anybody here is going to listen to *my* opinion on this matter, but... jonoiv gotz a bum rap in this thread. Undeservedly.

Well, sorry to hear that.
But he did manage to stand out that day that he spammed WO.

Yeah. He reacted less than graciously. When one ringleader attacked an exaggerated strawman of his position, and then all y'all baby sharks ripped into him, having smelled blood in the water that was not your own.

Oh gawd, jbreher.  You are pathetic.  Sympathizing with a known bullshitter.  It takes one to know one, is that your commonality with jonoiv.

Nice contribution, JJG. Really meaningful. </sarc>

By the way, why aren't you out dancing and celebrating in the Bcash SV threads rather than hanging out with us bitcoin losers?

I dunno - why are you 'chiming in' on sgbetts' thread, rather than spending 100% of your time here?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:17:07 AM

If he truly believes that BSV is better, and right, why hedge?

Because the market can stay irrational longer than I can stay solvent, grasshopper.

That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. And if that is the case at what point do you trade your BCH and Bitcoin holdings over to BSV? Never maybe, because a market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent?

Maybe. Maybe tomorrow. Either way, I'm not going to call to inform you before I do.

I don't want you to inform me, I want you to admit that you don't fully believe in BSV.

Tough shit. That would be a mischaracterization of my position. Which you do not get to dictate.

With every post you try to peddle here about BSV being the correct Bitcoin, you should probably have a disclaimer saying that you also own a significant portion of Bitcoin and BCH. Just to make things clear.

That would be repetitive and redundant.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:20:30 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2020, 12:32:46 AM by jbreher

Last one from V8, he's so far out into the asteroid belt, the signal is getting iffy:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/876

GitHubGitHub
Add bip-schnorr, bip-taproot, bip-tapscript by sipa · Pull Request #876 · bitcoin/bips
This adds the 3 BIPs that describe the consensus rules and (basic) wallet operation for the Taproot proposal (https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2019-May/016914.html). There ha...

(Transmission ends).

Fantastic stuff.
jbreher must be screwing his nut.

Why? Because BTC is likely to be veering further from Satoshi's inspired design? Hardly.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:26:19 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2020, 12:39:10 AM by jbreher

Of course, Craig and his legal team is attempting to engage in kinds of delay tactics

You've obviously not read the recent pleadings. Ira is trying to stall. Craig is arguing for the previously agreed (faster) schedule.

I don't know if I should ask further.. or even give too many shits about it... .. <snip>

Nice attempt to admit you were wrong without actually saying so.

<comic sans> very slippery     much dissemble </comic sans>

Much like the bulk of what gets spewed around here regarding BSV or BCH, it is actually diametrically counterfactual echo chamber magnified bullshit. All y'all might wanna check some of your assumptions.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:30:47 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2020, 01:17:41 AM by jbreher
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I think that you, jbreher, should pump your bsv bullshit in another thread.  There are plenty of BSV gloating threads out there.  

WTF - all y'all echo chamber nabobs were discussing BSV's recent pumpening for days before I joined in with any comment, and it was neutral at that. Which of course was immediately replied to with multiple attacks on my character. My tepid responses to continued attacks is what has led us to this point.

IOW, go fuck yourself, JJG.
skysblu

Activity: 219
Merit: 205

_Bitcoin Africa_

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:33:16 AM

Price is looking like a textbook bull flag on 1hr/4hr charts, target for a breakout above the 200 Day MA would line upto around $9,850.

Might be time to put on the moon boots soon.
The flag seems a bit too extended though, doesn't it? I mean, when was the last time you saw a flag that has a flag part larger than the pole?..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:38:27 AM

I have a dream, that the next time we cross $9,000, it will be the last time we ever see Vegeta memes.

I like Vegeta memes. But I'm with you on this one. I want moon memes.

Did you mention moon memes? Grin
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-12/japanese-billionaire-looking-for-love-to-take-on-musk-moon-trip

This you JJG? Cool

https://twitter.com/yousuck2020/status/1216272633248903168

I am NOT sure why you would connect me with that idea?  Am I missing something?  You are suggesting that I am lonely for a woman?
Pages: « 1 ... 25531 25532 25533 25534 25535 25536 25537 25538 25539 25540 25541 25542 25543 25544 25545 25546 25547 25548 25549 25550 25551 25552 25553 25554 25555 25556 25557 25558 25559 25560 25561 25562 25563 25564 25565 25566 25567 25568 25569 25570 25571 25572 25573 25574 25575 25576 25577 25578 25579 25580 [25581] 25582 25583 25584 25585 25586 25587 25588 25589 25590 25591 25592 25593 25594 25595 25596 25597 25598 25599 25600 25601 25602 25603 25604 25605 25606 25607 25608 25609 25610 25611 25612 25613 25614 25615 25616 25617 25618 25619 25620 25621 25622 25623 25624 25625 25626 25627 25628 25629 25630 25631 ... 33202 »
  Print  

Jump to: