April 27, 2024, 09:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31652 31653 31654 31655 31656 31657 31658 31659 31660 31661 31662 31663 31664 31665 31666 31667 31668 31669 31670 31671 31672 31673 31674 31675 31676 31677 31678 31679 31680 31681 31682 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 [31702] 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 31713 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 31733 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368668 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 06:34:59 PM

Only 1 Way out of Certain Apocalypse and BTC is not part of it.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 06:38:58 PM

The last "final capitulation" move was really obvious and easy to observe.
Several OG WO's did mark the bottom after that.
You can be fooled the most by your own eyes and mind. I won't name eXPHorizon as an extreme example for proof of this thesis  Cheesy

Not that it has much relevance to current price above >$20K, but to be honest that "final capitulation" wasn't obvious to me what so ever. Once price had broken down to new lows I had very low confidence that the final low had been made until price got back above previous support around $19K. I'm not complaining I wasn't a buyer around $16K though, as buying +20% higher seems reasonable to me, especially now that price is up 20% from then and it still beats a DCA price from last June of $19.5K, or from May when price initially broke down from $30K which would be $20.9K, etc.

Obviously it's easy to look back and realise it was FTX-based panic selling style capitulation, but from a price-action perspective the chart looked bearish at the time and $10K to $14K looked increasingly likely once $17.5K had broken. For example if there wasn't that final capitulation, and price moved sideways between $19K and $21K until current break-out, I'm sure many would say that the low being in was obvious as well, because price had consolidated at the lows for 6+ months. My point is hindsight is great, but without hedge fund liquidations price could have even held $30K last year by the looks of it, as it had done so for 18 months already, and instead moved sideways for 6 months from there (to complete two years of consolidation) before returning to the upside.

Maybe i was looking too simple at things, but i don't do well in processing a lot of information.
Nevertheless, in a 4-year cycle manner, last ATH(s) were too early, last capitulation was in the mid of may 2018, so it felt about time that any major capitulation move, followed by strong "bitcoin is dead" sentiments, Saylor and Bukele no more buying... All of this (and more) fit together in my point of view. Thus, "unbreakable" support over $15k seemed reasonable enough for me to mark the bottom. I don't want to sound overly critical, regarding your way of looking at the market, but $10k, for example would have been way too big of a retrace then the globally expected 80% down, which also supported my feelings about bottom regards.

As you said, buying at $20k wasn't too bad either. I was out of free money for a while, which set back my buying plans a little, but i'm still satisfied.
At next ATH we will have forgotten our debate about this, anyway  Cheesy

It's true regarding time-wise, by the end of the year it did start to look more like the bottom was in despite being at the lows. You're completely right that a retracement down to $10K (or beyond $14K) would be much further than expected, so was always a bit skeptical. I think I was believing too much of the analysis based on inflation being bad for Bitcoin blah blah blah when in reality price has (so far at least) retraced much less in the 2022 bear market than in 2018 and 2014. So ironically, if the bottom is indeed in, Bitcoin has performed much better during the inflationary period than in previous bear markets without it. Oh the irony.

I'm always aware that some bears still believe a new low is coming this year due to an impending recession, which I do think is still possible, but to me it's becoming clearer that Bitcoin's price movements are more determined by it's own price action and 4-year cycle halvings, as opposed to any wider global economic sentiment. As I've always said, Bitcoin is only correlated to the stock market until it's not.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 07:01:16 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10179

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 07:20:51 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1), Republikcoin.com (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

I also keep working on trying to capture that Comet a.k.a. C/2022 E3 (ZTF), but since it moves in front of the stars, it will be hard to track, not even thinking about conditions (new moon, but clouds and fog everywhere over the place), having to capture this beast shortly before dawn.  Roll Eyes
Still hoping for better conditions...

Wow!!  Sounds like you are going to need to readjust your HODL sleepie sleep schedule.   Shocked Shocked

It's like doing shift work perhaps? 

Every day, set your alarm for 1 hour before dawn in order to get up and to verify for ur lil selfie whether there are clouds in the relevant area (whatever that might mean?) of the sky or not.. maybe you could train a bot for pre-dawn cloud checking?  Ultimately, it seems the question would be if clouds present, go back to HODL sleepie sleep, and if no clouds, then get the fuck up so you can generate some nice and original (never before captured) pics for dee wall observer peeps.

Man, what happened to the guys that were shorting BTC in these here parts?

Are they still alive? Ping... Ping... No reply?

Damn.  Cheesy

How many times have we seen very similar behaviors?  Smarter than everyone else in terms of knowing down before up or down before more down until they disappear...  their position does not seem to have UP within it, and maybe they might say that UP might come someday in the future, but largely they seem to be emphasizing over and over that down is coming before up or that any up that we witness is merely a dead cat bounce.

But then sometimes after we have had quite a bit of UP, they will come back several times during corrections to attempt to point out how they were right..  Sometimes they admit that they do not have any coins, but other times, they will try to suggest that they are trading serious amounts of corn - yet generally seem to be like dust amounts to several of the OG members.. if we are actually able to get them to give some kind of ballpark regarding how much they are trading... 0.01BTC.. yeah right.. as if we are going to treat those kinds of investment portfolios as if they were currently life changing, even though 10 years down the road, they might be, they are not tending to deal with anything substantial/meaningful even while talking a BIG game, to the extent that they even have any sustainability in their sooner or later going to be reckt perspective.

I see that Bitcoin has continued to rise very seriously this month and that makes me confident that it will increase to even greater levels in the near future. In the voting made by Cointelegraph through his twitter, I chose $30K for the Bitcoin price level. What do everyone here think, does that seem logical enough ?

https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1616791946927738883

I am surprised that people are so bullish.

There tends to be several corrections that exceed 10%, and we have not really had any meaningful corrections that go beyond 6% or 7% so far..... 

Even though there seems to be quite a bit of upwards price momentum currently, I would imagine that there is a decent amount of resistance between the current price of $23,250 and $24,600 - and then probably the next point of resistance would be in the $30k price territories... so it can be quite difficult to know how much the momentum can keep going when there has not been any meaningful price corrections - yet at the same time, historically we have had some of these seemingly outrageous and irrational upwards BTC price moves that go into a kind of punishment mode - and you never know in this particular case, there could be a couple of factors at play, including that 1) a lot of BTC have been removed from exchanges, 2) a lot of folks might be concerned about whether they still have a sufficient amount of BTC because of their having had been rug-pulled in the past 6 months or so.. or at least they are not confident about the quantity of BTC that they might own, 3) there might be some desires to punish some of the recent draconian and seemingly hostile governmental statements that have been coming out and aimed in the direction of BTC (trying to suggest that they are able to control and/or to tame my lil precious), and 4) perhaps some other factors that I am not currently considering.

My own answer in regards to that poll is that I hardly have any clue.. of course, I see the current seemingly exuberant BTC price movement, but at the same time, I also appreciate that these kinds of UPpity price runs are capable of running out of steam at any moment - even though they do not have to run out of steam because the last time I checked dee real cornz is actually a scarce asset, so if a lot of the fakers have been disabled or taken out of the market (whether temporary or not), market conditions (momentum) can end up following a kind of exuberant path.. that could even take us up to the lower $50ks within a few weeks, but I could not imagine going past the mid $50ks without hitting some kind of meaningful resistance (or having a 25% to 35% or more correction).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 08:01:17 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 08:17:45 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (2)

The price was $2000 lower 24 hours ago...  Grin
Can’t believe we were at $16,xxx last month. I bought a handful in that range but sat on a pile of fiat waiting for lower. Feel like a bit of a moron now but it is what it is. I have enough bitcoin, was being greedy but greed is good sometimes Sad

For sure you have been around the block LFC, so it it hard to believe that you were not attempting to make reasonable calculations in which you were actually prepared for either BTC price direction, even though I know in retrospect we can frequently assign different values to the assessments that we had been making at earlier times.  In other words, unless we execute perfectly, there seems to frequently be room to kick ourselves, even though we executed pretty damned well based on the information that we had at the time.

By the way, another thing is that if you are having higher than usual regrets, then it may well be a sign that you were "being too greedy," as you have assessed yourself to have had been.

This considerable UPpity BTC price move likely incentivizes a lot of us to start to feel that the bottom of $15,479 for this cycle is in, yet of course, we have to be careful about coming to those kinds of conclusions even though it does feel quite good to put some space between our current BTC price and that so far November 20 bottom price.. 

Many of us longer term BTC players (HODLers) likely realize that there are ways to structure our BTC portfolios in such a way that no matter what we are skewed towards UPpity, so sometimes if we are calculating how much we might have failed/refused to sufficiently skew towards uppity, then that ends up being a theoretical loss rather than an actual loss - at least in the sense that there are no give backs, and in that regards our preparations need to be future oriented so we should be o.k. in either direction, and then the BTC price is coming to us.. and yeah if we might have fucked up, then there usually can be ways to tweak a wee bit here and there, but still we have to accept and move on and if we do need to restructure, we restructure in such a way that the BTC price is coming to us, and that way at any given point in time, we should be happy no matter which way the BTC price goes... while perhaps having an ongoing preference for UPpity.

Of course, if we had sold on the way up or even sold some (such as 25% of our stash) in some kind of an UP position, then if the BTC price has dropped 50% to 70% from our sales price, then if we are a bitcoin bull, then we should have bought most of that sold amount back (even if we might have had been saving some portion of what we sold, perhaps up to 25% for lower prices that never ended up happening, so far)..

or very short "battle for (roughly) $70k" (you know that number),

You must be new here.

Battles do not happen at previous ATH levels, even though normies continuously theorize about such battles as if they were theoretically likely.. yeah right  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  They are possible, but in very low percentages of possibilities.. single digits-ish perhaps?, even though resistance at previous ATHs are talked about almost continuously as if they were an actual thing that actually happens.  Go figure?

By the way... pro tip.. ... previous ATHs are also known as "no man's land," which largely means that they are price areas in which we tend to pass through quickly.. yeah there may be a few tests that span a few weeks.. but that is nothing in the whole scheme of things... previous ATHs are also known as bat country, not to be mixed up with batman slaps.  Lots of things to remember in bitcoinlandia, no?

followed by a yet unseen, consistent run up. And that would be only the beginning, since we would have just passed the flattest part of the S-curve in the last few years.

When you are referring to the "flattest part of the S-curve," you seem to NOT be very well zoomed out.. .. Yes, when we are caught up in the s-curve, then parts of it look flat, but I doubt that we are getting to actual flat areas of the s-curve until somewhere supra $10 million per BTC (or in the area of 20x gold's market cap), and sure perhaps I am being too conservative because bitcoin is actually about 1,000x of gold's market cap, even though it could take a while to get there.. so maybe we might need to consider a little higher or further along beyond $10 million per BTC before we might start to see flattening of the s-curve.. even though the ultimate value of BTC is likely another 50x after arriving at $10 million, which would be $500 million per BTC.. though that seems way far off.. but it seems to be in the ball park of more stability.. even though it is quite likely that there could be quite a bit of stability between $10 million per coin and $500 million per coin, even though that does feel like a pretty big spread of 50x between the bottom and top of that relatively "stable" range.**

Of course, it could take 100 to 200 years for the above described "stable range" to play out.. so a lot can happen between now and 100 years from now.. so when we are putting our own personal financial planning into practice, we need to be consider way shorter periods, such as 4-10 years or more and of course accounting for our own particulars, which includes that some folks might not even feel that they have a 4 year timeline in which they can lock up a lot of value into BTC, which surely can be quite volatile in the short-term, as we tend to witness on a ongoingly regular basis.

#NFA
#NFE
#iactuallysuckatmathstoo

Fair enough.

Can’t believe we were at $16,xxx last month. I bought a handful in that range but sat on a pile of fiat waiting for lower. Feel like a bit of a moron now but it is what it is. I have enough bitcoin, was being greedy but greed is good sometimes Sad

IIRC, didn't you unload at about $65k and got it all in at $16-$20k again?
You can still buy little by little on the early up. You know the game  Grin

My not so great understanding is that he sold around 25% of his stash at around $50k-ish, and then he bought the vast majority plus a little back between $16k and $24k-ish... and he held out a decent amount of his cash to be prepared to buy lower.. maybe 25% held back, which still could be a lot of dry powder to be holding?  I might be bastardizing this a bit, and so what?  we are largely talking in hypotheticals about "friends" that we know anyhow, no?  My friend does not believe in selling large portions of his/her BTC, but hey different strokes for different folks, and there surely are decently valid reasons to shave off some BTC when the price goes up sufficiently, especially when any of us is significantly in profits and we are also prepared to be wrong in case the BTC price does not end up correcting sufficiently below the point that we sold in order that we can buy back.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 08:23:37 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

I see bitcoin gone up a little, as expected after the obligatory bear year, not much to talk about really.

But this is, Sweden is finally sending Archer and CV 90 (and some other goodies) to Ukraine!!!! I really do hope Gripen is in the next package.

Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

And, yes, Ukraine is still winning if anybody thought otherwise.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 08:32:00 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2023, 08:42:51 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I also keep working on trying to capture that Comet a.k.a. C/2022 E3 (ZTF), but since it moves in front of the stars, it will be hard to track, not even thinking about conditions (new moon, but clouds and fog everywhere over the place), having to capture this beast shortly before dawn.  Roll Eyes
Still hoping for better conditions...

Wow!!  Sounds like you are going to need to readjust your HODL sleepie sleep schedule.   Shocked Shocked

It's like doing shift work perhaps?  

Every day, set your alarm for 1 hour before dawn in order to get up and to verify for ur lil selfie whether there are clouds in the relevant area (whatever that might mean?) of the sky or not.. maybe you could train a bot for pre-dawn cloud checking?  Ultimately, it seems the question would be if clouds present, go back to HODL sleepie sleep, and if no clouds, then get the fuck up so you can generate some nice and original (never before captured) pics for dee wall observer peeps.

Gee, Jay...  Roll Eyes
We're in the 21st century already  Grin

See, dee app(s) on my smartyphoney thingy are going to tell me in advance how dense the clouds will be (low, med and high altitude separately).
The setup i try to realize for this comet involves a raspberry Pi3 controlling the scope, the planetarium software on my computer will keep track of the comet and the capture software will control the camera. All i have to do is to set it alll up before i go to sleep, and take off the dew cover at 3am, which i will have to set an alarm clock for, and then i will go back to sleep. It's just a matter of testing the setup and tracking, since it involves three pieces of new, complicated software to master.
The setup i'm using currently isn't capable of tracking comets. It's planetarium, control and shooting software all on a more powerful Raspberry Pi4, which i access via a remote desktop protocol. I could use this setup and track on the comet optically, without the planetarium delivering realtime positioning data, which would be my fallback method. The bad luck, in my case, is that there aren't any comets bright enough to test with the one suitable telescope i have.
I could even shoot the comet earlier at night, but the image data would be suboptimal through light pollution, mainly. As an Astrophotographer, you want to get things right as much as possible. You don't want to set up things for an hour in the freezing cold and all you get is a lousy picture after hours of collecting and processing the data.
When i grew up in an age of low light pollution, in a place far from cities, i could not resist the charming magic of the starry skies until today. Combine this with a special interest affine personality and astrophotography is the ideal hobby, after you got too old for hacking computers and playing games like Counter Strike through (at least) the first half of every night Wink

My not so great understanding is that he sold around 25% of his stash at around $50k-ish, and then he bought the vast majority plus a little back between $16k and $24k-ish... and he held out a decent amount of his cash to be prepared to buy lower.. maybe 25% held back, which still could be a lot of dry powder to be holding?  I might be bastardizing this a bit, and so what?  we are largely talking in hypotheticals about "friends" that we know anyhow, no?  My friend does not believe in selling large portions of his/her BTC, but hey different strokes for different folks, and there surely are decently valid reasons to shave off some BTC when the price goes up sufficiently, especially when any of us is significantly in profits and we are also prepared to be wrong in case the BTC price does not end up correcting sufficiently below the point that we sold in order that we can buy back.

Triple-yep, Jay. I almost knew my memories were blurred out already, but LFC shed a light on it earlier, too.
I don't think i'm always universally right in my thinkenings and believings. Again, i won't mention eXPHorizon as (counter) example here  Wink
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 08:40:32 PM

Stockholm stock exchange up 7,54% this year, my BTC cerificates up 29,42% could it be a decoupling? pretty nice anyway and a bit surprising that that stocks are up so much, thought they would be at least going sideways considering.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:01:21 PM

Explanation
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:03:28 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin 430+ days bear market downtrend breakout confirmed.

The suffering is over.

Probably. But I have seen too much surprises in this market to be 100% sure.

You're in disbelief stage i guess. Tongue

(Ore not, lol)

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:23:36 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2023, 09:41:25 PM by HI-TEC99
Merited by Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1)

The price was $2000 lower 24 hours ago...  Grin

You can still buy little by little on the early up. You know the game  Grin

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:28:56 PM

the noon wall report

dyor

up and atop the yardarm again....full sail and a following breeze
steady on

恭喜发财

4h

D

stronghands
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:40:03 PM

@jjg...when someone says that something is 1000 times better than the other "thing", it does not mean that the price has to be 1000 times higher, though.
Gold is at 12.7tril ($12.7X1012).
1000X is a nonsensical number of 12.7 quadrillion with total world's wealth at "only" 463 trillion.
Sure, we can talk about prices and world's wealth being much higher in 100 years, but I prefer to focus on something more achievable for now-gold's market cap.
Only about 28X to achieve that, should be doable in, say, 6-7 years (by the top of the next cycle, not this one).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:41:06 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Sold between 58.3k & 65k. I started buying back at 31.8k all the way down to 16k. I just wanted to get back to a nice round number of bitcoin (my OCD wilding Cheesy). It would have been a lot easier under 16k haha.

I’m happy to pump hard this year, no problems.

TMI...

Hahahahahaha

By the way, isn't my lil precious great?  (sounds redundant when I phrase it like that).

Over the years, I have had quite a few fuck ups in my stack management (however you might want to label it?), but even when comparing best case scenarios, better case scenarios, worse case scenarios and what actually ended up happening, there are a lot of ways to screw up, but to still be doing quite well, so long as your emphasis had been MOSTLY HODLing most of your BTC and not playing "too extremely".. even if you might have had been "fucking around" with decently large sums of money along the way.

Only 1 Way out of Certain Apocalypse and BTC is not part of it.

I am glad that you seem to be having fun staying poor.

Stockholm stock exchange up 7,54% this year, my BTC cerificates up 29,42% could it be a decoupling? pretty nice anyway and a bit surprising that that stocks are up so much, thought they would be at least going sideways considering.

Sorry to break the newses... but I must let uie pooie know that my lil precious never was coupled with various stockmarket index funds, so you must have been suffering from delusional fantasies if you had seriously considered that dee cornz had ever been coupled with stocks and blah blah blah...or maybe you had been spending too much time on reddit? or absorbing mainstream media talking-points that don't seem to know nuttin when it comes to king daddy.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 09:58:09 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Here is something I was pondering recently:

Let's say that in 10 years bitcoin would be very valuable and the WO long term members would age and would be at or contemplating either retirement or inheritance problems.
In my opinion, we should start preparing our next of kin on how to deal with forms of wealth, like bitcoin, with which most financial advisors are unfamiliar with.

M. Saylor makes an analogy between bitcoin and Manhattan's real estate.
What I am getting to is this: it seems silly to 'allow' your inheritors to convert inherited bitcoin to cash knowing that bitcoin is likely to be more valuable in the future.
Once the family 'loses' bitcoin, it is unlikely that they ever get it back.
Therefore, family education on bitcoin properties and understanding it's value will be very important going forward.

Additionally, there are two very well funded companies employing brilliant scientists (best money can fund) tasked with working on the "problem" of aging.
Apart from the "simple" life extension, Hal Finney, btw, flash-froze his body (or maybe just head, it is a bit cheaper).
Who knows, he might be coming back in 100-200 years.
While doing inheritance, maybe some ought to consider making similar arrangements and then have the legal mechanism in place to resume ownership (of at least part of the funds) if some re-animation would be possible in the future.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 10:01:17 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 11:15:44 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Let's say that in 10 years bitcoin would be very valuable and the WO long term members would age and would be at or contemplating either retirement or inheritance problems.
In my opinion, we should start preparing our next of kin on how to deal with forms of wealth, like bitcoin, with which most financial advisors are unfamiliar with.

What I am getting to is this: it seems silly to 'allow' your inheritors to convert inherited bitcoin to cash knowing that bitcoin is likely to be more valuable in the future.
Therefore, family education on bitcoin properties and understanding it's value will be very important going forward.

Additionally, there are two very well funded companies employing brilliant scientists (best money can fund) tasked with working on the "problem" of aging.
Apart from the "simple" life extension, Hal Finney, btw, flash-froze his body (or maybe just head, it is a bit cheaper).
While doing inheritance, maybe some ought to consider making similar arrangements and then have the legal mechanism in place to resume ownership (of at least part of the funds) if some re-animation would be possible in the future.

I think if you really consider to get your ass frozen and revived in the future, you will be kindy born again, but without personality. There is biochemistry involved, and afaik the process is stopped when you get frozen. So, there's Hal, revived, with cottage cheese in his mind, to a yet unknown extent. I am not sure if i would want that to happen to me.
For me, YOLO is not only the motto of a questionable generation of growing-ups, but it's something i consider as literally true.

Apart from that, i do and will teach my children that BTC is not the kind of investment it is usually compared to in the world of normal people. A way to independence. I will ask them each if they would sell their independence for money at some point in the future.

Good thoughts you started there in my mind with this posting.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 11:17:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), psycodad (1)

... there are two very well funded companies employing brilliant scientists (best money can fund) tasked with working on the "problem" of aging.

What if they re-animate you as a head in a jar? Do you get to spend your bitcoins on fancy fish food, or a fancy jar that doesn't double up as an ice bucket for beer?

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2023, 11:53:45 PM

I think if you really consider to get your ass frozen and revived in the future, you will be kindy born again, but without personality. There is biochemistry involved, and afaik the process is stopped when you get frozen. So, there's Hal, revived, with cottage cheese in his mind, to a yet unknown extent. I am not sure if i would want that to happen to me.
For me, YOLO is not only the motto of a questionable generation of growing-ups, but it's something i consider as literally true.

Apart from that, i do and will teach my children that BTC is not the kind of investment it is usually compared to in the world of normal people. A way to independence. I will ask them each if they would sell their independence for money at some point in the future.

Good thoughts you started there in my mind with this posting.

I really don't want to press the frozen body issue, but I have no doubt that it would be possible, eventually.
As an example, here is a vid of bats, apparently being frozen solid during our recent freeze and then re-animating.
I don't think that their "personality" was affected, but i cannot really ask  Grin
https://youtu.be/ckq8KCOdgzM?t=53
Same for the gekkos in my backyard...I noted the location of a "frozen" gekko...then warm temperatures came and it was gone back to regular "business" of eating ants and pill bugs.

But, as you said, education is a more immediate need.
Pages: « 1 ... 31652 31653 31654 31655 31656 31657 31658 31659 31660 31661 31662 31663 31664 31665 31666 31667 31668 31669 31670 31671 31672 31673 31674 31675 31676 31677 31678 31679 31680 31681 31682 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 [31702] 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 31713 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 31733 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: