Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?)  (Read 2386851 times)
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:37:34 AM

So, if I've understood correctly I need to post 30 times or post once in a 2-week period over 3 separate 2-week periods to be able to send one pm to one person. Lmao.

Whats so funny? I like that adjustment. So you can't easily create an account and spam the members..

Thank you at the thread-maker Wink. I like that system and now I know how it works.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense, I was getting WAY too many newbie accounts messaging me with their super gangsta ICO which will make me millions.

It made me miss the emails I used to get from the Nigerian Prince who wanted me to inherit his money
LMAO with the super gangsta ICO and the Nigerian Prince. Though seriously, there are still a lot of newbies who just want to learn and earn. But those spammers really just taint the newbies name huh? I am not against the merit system, i just hate the fact that as a newbie i may be generalized as a spammer and won't get any merits in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:44:56 AM

So, if I've understood correctly I need to post 30 times or post once in a 2-week period over 3 separate 2-week periods to be able to send one pm to one person. Lmao.

Whats so funny? I like that adjustment. So you can't easily create an account and spam the members..

Thank you at the thread-maker Wink. I like that system and now I know how it works.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense, I was getting WAY too many newbie accounts messaging me with their super gangsta ICO which will make me millions.

It made me miss the emails I used to get from the Nigerian Prince who wanted me to inherit his money
LMAO with the super gangsta ICO and the Nigerian Prince. Though seriously, there are still a lot of newbies who just want to learn and earn. But those spammers really just taint the newbies name huh? I am not against the merit system, i just hate the fact that as a newbie i may be generalized as a spammer and won't get any merits in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, you're on the right track. (No, I'm not a merit source). It seems to me that there are a lot of 'newbie' accounts that were made just to sell something, or gain enough rank to sell the account to a broker. Which I don't get, anyway, but that's me. I've been here, between lurking and actual registration till now, what, 7 years? A long time. I was gone for a while, due to life being as it can be, but still, I spent a LOT of hours on this forum, built up my account the old fashioned way on fora, actually posting and interacting. Rank never mattered to me. In my absence, I have become "Legendary", which I still don't know what it means Cheesy But I kind of like being a legend, even if only on a forum. Nevertheless, having something to say, rather than a few (thousand) hit and run posts is likely to get you more notice, and hopefully merit.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:44:58 AM

I saw a new field under my personal information called merit, directly below my activity field. What does this mean? Any further information on this?
Thanks.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 02:50:23 AM

I saw a new field under my personal information called merit, directly below my activity field. What does this mean? Any further information on this?
Thanks.

It's a system made with the intention to reduce posts made without any effort, like yours. Please read this very thread and others before posting.
Now, users must make constructive posts in order to earn merit points and rank up.

Full information:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Recommended:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2820030.0

Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:20:29 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 04:18:18 AM by Bob-Bit

I don't like the low quality posts any more then anyone else, but it gets into a grey area when the forums start getting micromanaged. Like at what point do you have to be afraid that someone thinks your posting just to post? Do we have to be scared to quote something someone said and reply "Hell yeah!" under it  because someone thinks we're trying to raise our post count? I've been coming to this forum for the last couple years, but I never registered until December. Actually the way I used it before that was to type questions about mining in Google, then when a result came up from BTT I'd choose the "see more from bitcointalk.org" link and go from there researching whatever problem I had. I was motivated to finally get off my ass and make a real account here as the result of a signature campaign, but I would say that's defintely not a bad thing. I know what I'm talking about at this point, (you probably didn't want to hear much from me for awhile when I was still learning anyways), I like to think I have meaningful contributions to discussions, and I've had some great conversations with some great people since then. With a forum related to something as international as Bitcoin there's going to be alot more people who don't speak great english too, and I feel bad for them also, as many of them probably have no ulterior motives for the less then clear and concise posts other then that they really don't know any better. I am glad that the forum isn't a free for all, and that there is accountability, and I do appreciate that alot of people are working really hard to try and make it better. It's definetly a double edged sword, I just always like to give people the benefit of doubt, and I believe that most people are good, they just usually don't have a chance to be or they have been burned so many times they become jaded. But goodness is like a root. A little water and you got some fresh sprouts.

You just got one merit Cheesy

I've been here for rather a long time. And, like you, I lurked even longer than that. Despite real life experience, gmaxwell even called me the "voice of reason" at one point. Something I'd never been accused of prior to Bitcointalk Cheesy

But I digress. Guys like you, and I, were far more common about 4 years ago. Then BTC and other Cryptos got to the edges of the mainstream, and we have gotten a steady stream of people (young, I'm guessing), who, for lack of a better way to put it, are a waste of carbon. I'm not talking about a new guy with something to say who just does it wrong, I'm talking about people trying to raise their post count simply by, well, posting. Nothing. Sometimes literally an asterisk.

At the same time, the moderators were implementing rules that seemed to target actual content instead of the vague idiocy. I know from talking to them that this was not actually the intent, but it came off that way.

I think this system makes more sense, to be honest. Not sure how it'll play out, here in Mos Eisely, but it's certainly an improvement!

Yeah man, I get what they are trying to do, and I'm glad they aren't letting the place go to shit. Some tweaks here and there and it'll probably be the best thing to happen here this year. It'd be awesome for instance if the mods were handing the merits out like candy to people who were obiviously good eggs. Also, I haven't tried to give one out yet (I guess I only get 3 so I want to make sure it's someone helpful/deserving and who really needs it) but I heard thru the grapevine it wasn't as easy as just clicking the "Merit+1" button, that it brings you to another page away from the conversation to answer something.  If it were that easy, (as a like button) it would probably help so it wouldn't be a pain for those mods (and members with a bunch of merit to distribute), to hand that merit candy out all over the place.  Oh yeah, thank you by the way!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
DoctorK

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:06:06 AM

I am still a newbie here, but I already saw that people do a lot of things here to - lets say - pimp their accounts.

Stupid little posts to inflate their post count, quoting a good post to add "I agree" etc.
On the other hand nobody who who wants to thank someone for a post should be afraid to post a "thank you" because people could think he just does that to increase his post count.

But also there is account sharing, farming, hacking, selling and all that stuff.
What I try to say is: Cheater will find ways to get around or exploit the new rules as well. 
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:56:08 AM

In my overview about this matter bitcoin now is not for uneducated people. This new form of merit give us an assurance as one of the community member to post with quality coz bitcoin is for elite people or what I should say for those who able to adopt this new rules.
What I mean that those who doesn't read, write or able to comprehend English are not accepted anymore because they are the one who post garbage. But those who give much effort and strive hard to understand English will be accepted even their wordings not in a good way of writings.
I admit that I am not very good in spoken English. And I admit that it is my responsibility to do my best.

Dear to our beloved thymos

I wondered why the current jr member doesn't have merit or the coming jr.member?

It is true that jr. member doesn't get anything from campaign they involve in the present.?
Can you please give us Grace of consideration if this is true?

I respect and accept the new form of merit. Best wishes
Sexy_Sees

Activity: 128
Merit: 22

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:27:04 AM

Just got pointed out that you have another factor to consider now. Besides having the posts and activity now also merit comes into play. You have to have a certain ammount of merit before you will actually be promoted. Merits come from other people on Bitcointalk.org who will review your post and if it’s any good they can give you merit. But you will have only a limited supply of merit to send out, so it will be a lot harder to go up in rank.
What are your thoughts on this new thing they have come up with? It has is negative and positive sides in my eyes...

Question: What will generate merit?

Edit: Ok, I replied to the OP, stupd me.. I see you have discussed the matter already. So let me go a bit further into the issue then..  Tongue

Positives: No more spamming for merely the activity to go up! More intelligent posts and posts with actual meaning and contribution to the topic.

Negatives: People will maybe feel desperate, because they can’t gather enough merit to climb up the ladder. People who have loads of merit will be disturbed and PM’ed for their merit to send out. People are maybe wanting to even sell merit to people in need to promotion from rank.

Your thoughts??
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:46:41 AM

Your thoughts??

My thoughts are that there is a massive debate going on over in the appropriate thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Why would you ask here rather than a read through that to get an idea of both sides of the argument?

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:48:31 AM

Negatives: People will maybe feel desperate, because they can’t gather enough merit to climb up the ladder. People who have loads of merit will be disturbed and PM’ed for their merit to send out. People are maybe wanting to even sell merit to people in need to promotion from rank.

Your thoughts??

The desperation must be originated from the contrast of how easily abused the previous ranking system was and how much effort is needed to rank up now. This new system is needed to improve the quality of posts. If this "desperation" eventually drive members away from Bitcointalk, I guess this is the price of better posts quality. But as long as all those lucrative bounty and signature campaign stay, I doubt many members would leave Bitcointalk. They would just put more effort and get used to it.

For merit selling, this matter has been discussed many times. Selling merit, just like selling trust, would be easily detected by the community as the merit log could be accessed publicly. These merit transaction could be revoked by admins and the perpetrators will be negged.

Sorry, I know it's a little off topic to discuss merit here
Ahsan Aly

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:03:42 PM

Thank you so much for relevant information..  Smiley Smiley

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                     
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

Ranks

Rank
Description
Tag
Brand New:0 posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Newbie:(none), gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Jr. Member:Activity: 30, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Member:Activity: 60, gets 2 gold coins under his name.
Full Member:Activity: 120, gets 3 gold coins under his name.
Sr. Member:Activity: 240, gets 4 gold coins under his name.
Hero Member:Activity: 480, gets 5 gold coins under his name.
Legendary:Activity: the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement.
You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
Donator:Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.
VIP:Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag
Staff:Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
The tags under their usernames are dependent on their post group.
variable
Moderator:Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.
Global Moderator:Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
Administrator:Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.
Founder:Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

What i really, really like is that someone "forget" to update de donations value in bitcoin in the sub-rank category. This values were posted when bitcoin worth 100 usd each, at the time of quoted post.
Even at that time a very reasonable amount of bitcoin.
Are admin really expecting of having donations of 10BTC or 50BTC nowadays?

Alice in Wonderland, i think.....
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

What i really, really like is that someone "forget" to update de donations value in bitcoin ....

Are admin really expecting of having donations of 10BTC or 50BTC nowadays?

They didn't forget to update it. It has been decided that it would be unfair to the original donators to lower the amount. They would have 10 or 50 BTC more each if they hadn't donated to the forum.

No, they are not expecting anyone to pay that now. The forum doesn't need more as it earns its way through selling advertising.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
klambo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:05:58 AM

New rank is OK however new shading isn't solid its need some change and numerous individuals as of now requesting this then administrator please change this
saponetes

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

Hello,

I have suprpassed 120 activity two days ago and mantain Member ranking. Should not be upgraded to Full Member ranking by now? Is something to do with this new merit thing? Or this is not an automatic procedure and have to wait some bitcointalk dev make the upgrade?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

Hello,

I have suprpassed 120 activity two days ago and mantain Member ranking. Should not be upgraded to Full Member ranking by now? Is something to do with this new merit thing? Or this is not an automatic procedure and have to wait some bitcointalk dev make the upgrade?

Yes, you will need to have 100 merit in order to upgrade to Full Member (It happens automatically). More details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
saponetes

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:48:41 PM
Merited by vrap.pm (5)

Hello,

Yes, you will need to have 100 merit in order to upgrade to Full Member (It happens automatically). More details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

With 15 points of merit today only in 2030 i get full member. This thing of changing rank member conditions without prior notice to anyone in not very good....
Ooopss i forgot that this forum is not a democracy.....
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:32:36 PM

Hello,

With 15 points of merit today only in 2030 i get full member. This thing of changing rank member conditions without prior notice to anyone in not very good....
Ooopss i forgot that this forum is not a democracy.....

Of course it isn't. You just came to the owner's dreamland like everyone else, so don't try to make a coup Tongue.
Obtaining the required merit is hard but not impossible, you should just post useful informations and credit others for their good posts.
You will rank up sooner, let's say 2020

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Peepz

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:57:52 AM

This is a very informative post. Thanks everyone for the support for newbies like me. Godspeed everybody!
cloudminer1

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:02:10 AM

so from what im getting i cant reply to more then one pm a day cause im new i dont feel the need to post pad i only chime in when important but i would like to reply to my pms have a persone walking me through some problems 
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: