Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 11:26:09 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?)  (Read 871840 times)
BitSat

Activity: 420

Presale Starts on 30th of November

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:39:30 AM

admin i got question, right now my level is member.

how to make it able to put picture below my name ? i want to post picture
Here is reply its already posted in Post # 1 of this thread You need to be full member for this

Full Member and up only. 
It must be no more than 120px wide, 80px tall, and 100 KiB in size. It must be a PNG, GIF, or JPEG image. It must be safe for work

thank you for fast update, but do you know on my current status, how long do i need to wait, appreciate if you can help me on this !
If you will active here and post every week then I can hope you will full member on 5th December because on 7th November 21 November and then 5th December and you will gain 126 activity and full membership status

▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀███▄
   ███▀  ▄▄███████████▄▄  ▀███
  ███  ▄█████████████████▄  ███
 ███  ███▄▄          ▀█████  ███
███  ███████  █████▄▄  █████  ███
███  █████▀▀  ▀▀██████  ████  ███
███  █████      ██████  ████  ███
███  █████▄▄  ▄▄██████  ████  ███
███  ███████  █████▀▀  █████  ███
 ███  ███▀▀          ▄█████  ███
  ███  ▀█████████████████▀  ███
   ███▄  ▀▀███████████▀▀  ▄███
    ▀███▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
DARICO
    █ ██

█  ██
 █  ██
   ██
██
   ██
 █  ██
  █  ██

█ ██

██ █

██  █
  ██  █
   ██
    ██
   ██
  ██  █
 ██  █

██ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ltcatcher88

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:44:20 AM

Why is it enough to post only one message per day to  get more activity and rank? Is there some reason this forum only allow to get the same activity for 200 messages and 1 message? I mean, there can be more activity for more posts (example 50 post per day = 2 activity, 100 = 3 etc.).
MAFTRADER

Activity: 126

ELTCOIN COMMUNITY MEMBER

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:48:35 AM

admin i got question, right now my level is member.

how to make it able to put picture below my name ? i want to post picture
Here is reply its already posted in Post # 1 of this thread You need to be full member for this

Full Member and up only. 
It must be no more than 120px wide, 80px tall, and 100 KiB in size. It must be a PNG, GIF, or JPEG image. It must be safe for work

thank you for fast update, but do you know on my current status, how long do i need to wait, appreciate if you can help me on this !
If you will active here and post every week then I can hope you will full member on 5th December because on 7th November 21 November and then 5th December and you will gain 126 activity and full membership status

thank you for assisting me, you been really helpful, i will do my best to contribute for BCT people. AIYE AIYE !
bitctrimor1

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

Ranks

All the main ranks that can be handed out to normal users are: Brand New, Newbie, Jr. Member, Member, Full Member, Sr. Member, Hero Member and Legendary.
In addition to the main rankings, there are also sub-rankings that can be applied, and those are: Donator, and VIP.
Finally, staff sub-rankings are as follows: Staff, Moderator, Global Moderator, Administrator, and Founder.

Rank
Description
Tag
Brand New:0 posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Newbie:(none), gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Jr. Member:Activity: 30, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Member:Activity: 60, gets 2 gold coins under his name.
Full Member:Activity: 120, gets 3 gold coins under his name.
Sr. Member:Activity: 240, gets 4 gold coins under his name.
Hero Member:Activity: 480, gets 5 gold coins under his name.
Legendary:Activity: the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement.
You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
Donator:Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.
VIP:Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag
Staff:Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
The tags under their usernames are dependent on their post group.
variable
Moderator:Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.
Global Moderator:Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
Administrator:Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.
Founder:Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

The way activity is calculated:
The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every hour.

To become a Donator or a VIP, send a PM to theymos to get a unique donation address.

Took the liberty to update it according to the new Activity & new member limits/groups.
Edited with proper number of coins.
malevolent - update: added info about the new rank, changes to the Staff rank tag, removed the deprecated "SCAMMER" sub-rank. Also included info about the posting limits.

Signature restrictions

There are restrictions on signatures, based on your activity/rank.

- Newbie: No styling (including links) allowed. Max 50 characters.
- Jr. Member: Links allowed. Max 150 characters.
- Member: Unlimited length.
- Full: Color allowed.
- Sr. Member: Size allowed
- Hero: Background color allowed

Badges

I added a system of badges to SMF a while ago, though only two are defined now. Here are the current badges:

Bitcoin expertDev&Tech only. People with this badge know enough about the Bitcoin network to reimplement something very like it from scratch. They are capable of intelligently discussing the Bitcoin network: current protocol, possible attacks, proposed changes, etc. Criteria: Recommendation by an existing Bitcoin expert or core dev and approval by a forum administrator.
Bitcoin-Qt core developer Dev&Tech only. These are the core developers of Satoshi's Bitcoin client. They are listed here. Core developers are among the top contributors to Bitcoin-Qt, and they are all bitcoin experts, though they don't also get that badge.
The Glider(hacker symbol) Awarded for people who have responsibly disclosed forum security flaws.

A core dev does not "outrank" a bitcoin expert (or vice-versa), and it's possible for someone without a badge to contribute meaningfully to a discussion with experts and core devs.

Limits on posting

Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

Limits on PMs
I've adjusted the limits to make spamming more difficult.

Activity   Min. seconds between post actions   Max PM recipients   PMs per hour

Full Member and up only.  
It must be no more than 120px wide, 80px tall, and 100 KiB in size. It must be a PNG, GIF, or JPEG image. It must be safe for work.

Thank you for this valuable information. I think ranks are important because the projects and campaigns you can join are limited depending on the rank of your account. Therefore, by leveling them up, it provides more opportunities to you to join projects and basically to earn more.

Lordmancer II — MMO RPG where you can mine cryptocurrency
■■■ Pre ICO: 21.08.2017 ■ WhitePaper ■ ANN ■ Bounty ■ ICO: 07.11.2017 ■■■
Website ~ Telegram ~ FB ~ Reddit ~ Twitter
bob75coin

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

I saw the date of the first post. I think that 10 BTC donation for Donator as sub rank is too expensive due to the rise of btc, isn't it?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
actmyname
Legendary

Activity: 910

trustless trust

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:56:56 PM

I saw the date of the first post. I think that 10 BTC donation for Donator as sub rank is too expensive due to the rise of btc, isn't it?
This has been discussed before. The donation ranks are based in BTC. Perhaps originally the designation was because it made sense for the USD value but as soon as the first donators have done it, that is the set price. It would be unfair to lower the price as it takes away the weight of the donation.

Known alts of actmyname (unofficial list by members with -2 trust or more): DarkStar_, Lauda, Lutpin, The Pharmacist, satoshi, theymos, thermos, the Monopoly man, Charlie Sheen, Shaquille O'Neal/s
otto_diesel

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:36:50 AM

i think it's not, because btc rised up to 7000 usd dollar, it can look very expensive but its a blockchain forum and its normal to use BTC, and one time they decide the price, i think they can not want change that.

███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █
███ █ █

█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
█ █ ███
●  Whitepaper
●  ANN Thread
●  Reddit
●  Telegram
●  Twitter
●  Facebook

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
q.prjct

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:43:29 AM

Thanks for this guide, pretty easy to understand. I don´t get why the reply and search limits need to be so long though. Yes bots, yes scripts but there are more sophisticated ways today to stop fraudulent activity.
hilariousandco
Gold Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1498

How does one bitcoin?

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 09:47:35 AM

Thanks for this guide, pretty easy to understand. I don´t get why the reply and search limits need to be so long though. Yes bots, yes scripts but there are more sophisticated ways today to stop fraudulent activity.

Feel free to suggest them if you have ways to improve the forum.

Pay4youractivity

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:26:17 PM

Can anybody explain what is potential activity? The difference between the number of posts and activity?

Full, Sr, Hero/Legendary members only!
$$$$PM$$$$
hilariousandco
Gold Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

How does one bitcoin?

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:29:15 PM

Can anybody explain what is potential activity? The difference between the number of posts and activity?

Not really. You only need to make one post to be able to collect the full 14 activity at a later date. So if you made one post each in two seperate periods you would have 2 posts and 2 activity but a potential activity of 28. Once you made a total of 28 posts you would then get the full 28 activity but no more until the next period.

Pay4youractivity

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

Not really. You only need to make one post to be able to collect the full 14 activity at a later date. So if you made one post each in two seperate periods you would have 2 posts and 2 activity but a potential activity of 28. Once you made a total of 28 posts you would then get the full 28 activity but no more until the next period.
Thanks for answer!

Full, Sr, Hero/Legendary members only!
$$$$PM$$$$
cryptolk

Activity: 107

Crypto Currecy Trader , Invester, Bounty Hunter

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:59:47 AM

Thanks John, After long tume, I found this complete article. I shared this article with my friends and telegram. All details to know are included. Thanks again

▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
1Click Medical

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:01:32 AM

is it true that you are only rewarded max of 2 posts per day even if you post more?
hilariousandco
Gold Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

How does one bitcoin?

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:40:58 AM

is it true that you are only rewarded max of 2 posts per day even if you post more?

No. Where have you heard that from? You should also know this is not the case because you keep spam bumping your thread with at least two accounts and both with multiple posts in a row per day.

BitcoinCent

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:47:13 AM

thats ok but atleast a  newbie should be able to change his avatar
hilariousetc

Activity: 700

Avatar and Personal text available for rent.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

thats ok but atleast a  newbie should be able to change his avatar

Why do you care about an avatar? So you can join a bounty? I think it would be a bad idea to let newbies have avatars because it would just lead to even more abuse by people trying to imposter themselves as veteran users.

fxstrike

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:38:01 PM

Do I still need to make 28 post to earn 28 activity or just make 2 post will earn 28 activity as long as I made that post on 2 separate periods
dillpicklechips

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:50:47 PM

Do I still need to make 28 post to earn 28 activity or just make 2 post will earn 28 activity as long as I made that post on 2 separate periods
It depends on the number of posts you have since it will cover up those potential activities. For example, you have 43 posts and in the next acitivity period  you are suppose to have 28 then all you need to do is just post atleast one to get your activity updated (which is in hourly basis). Another scenario, you have 16 posts and next activity period your suppose to have 28 activities yet you only post one so that means you will have 17 activities and 11 potential activities.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
 ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
         ████████████▌   █
       █████████████▀
       ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
          ▀▀  ▀▀
.BTC-GREEN.       ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.Ecological Community in the Green Planet.
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE    |    ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
          ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
          ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
patrickrn32

Activity: 98

(BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:41:01 PM

It depends on the number of posts you have since it will cover up those potential activities. For example, you have 43 posts and in the next acitivity period  you are suppose to have 28 then all you need to do is just post atleast one to get your activity updated (which is in hourly basis). Another scenario, you have 16 posts and next activity period your suppose to have 28 activities yet you only post one so that means you will have 17 activities and 11 potential activities.

thank you !!! Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.