Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:06:48 AM

Ok will do, thanks!

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jchi2210

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:49:12 AM

Ok so weirdly enough, I turned it all back on to do some testing like you said and it was hashing just fine..I had messed with the cables for a 3rd time but I don't see how that fixed it. So I went to put it back to where I needed it to go physically and I noticed I needed to redo some cords so I shut it off again, and then I put it where it needed to go and turned it back on and sure enough the board was missing chips again.. just my luck.. so I pulled it out some to do the testing, started it up, disconnected the 1st board then rebooted and confirmed which board it was. Then for kicks and gigs I plugged the board back up and rebooted yet again and it came back on with all boards hashing just fine.

So it seems like that board is going in and out if you restart it. Should I get it to where it is working and just leave it on and mine the hell out of it? Or should I go ahead and get it replaced?
Because it seems like if I restart it, then that board will hash 1/4 of what it is supposed to be hashing, but if I unplug the data cable from that board then plug it back in it starts working after I reboot again.

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
fynxgloire

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

Any solid pools in Europe where they have  Einsteinium (EMC2)? I have read bad things about supernova.

Can you let me know what bad things you heard about supernova?  I am currently mining other coins there, they seem ok.
Thanks
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:57:39 AM

Well........looks like I get to create my first repair ticket. This is absurd. I waited 2 months for these L3+ to come in and one of them has a bad hash board. At least that is what I'm guessing has happened. recap-I noticed an X where there should've been a 0 on the first ASIC. So I rebooted the miner, it came back online and this is what happened.
See pic below

**UPDATE*** The zero's are now XXXXX instead of 0000 on the first board.

I have also noticed that this miner is making a weird low howling noise..its different from the other L3+, i will probably try to figure out how to dis assemble it and see why it is making this noise.

Its like it isn't even recognizing the miner.

I tried
-rebooting multiple times
-upgrading the firmware to the firmware on their website
-seated all the power cables
-tried a different PSU

And I still get the same thing. When I researched on Bitmains website they said these are symptoms of "Chain scission of chips" or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions? If not then I am going to ship the board to them (I guess just the board and not the whole miner?). Has anyone had any luck sending to their US Facility that they list in California? I would like to send it to them and get it warrantied. Any advice would be appreciated..

That sounds like your board is gone....  Did you OC it?

If you did not OC it, open a support ticket and get the repaid done as fast as possible. The good thing is you can keep the miner with 3 boards and still earn money.

My controll board was broken and I was not able to do anything with the miner until i got a repair

I didn't touch anything on the software other than the mining pools lol. I guess I'll send them the hash board..are they hard to take out? Has anyone used the US repair facility? Or should I just ship it to their China facility?

It's easy to take the board out, just unscrew 4 screws the side where the exhaust fan is (will have to break warranty sticker for this) and pull it out. I used LA facility and they fixed it and shipped it back in 10 days.

Thank you for the reply, will breaking the warranty sticker void the warranty? In other words, should I just send the whole miner to the US facility or should I take it apart and send only the hash board? and if I send just the hash board, do I create a ticket for it first and make sure they are ok with me removing the hash board? I noticed on their website that you need their permission but I'm not sure how strict they are on it.

Should I call the US facility or email them or should I just open a repair ticket and send it to the US facility?

Sorry for all of the questions lol, I just want to make sure that I do it right since the whole process of RMA is confusing through Bitmain. It seems like you are supposed to box everything up first or at least get a tracking number and ONLY THEN can you start the repair ticket on their website, when you have a tracking number.

Check here which is your case: https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9

Mine was #6 which says take a board out. So I just created a ticket (it was auto approved), printed a form, took a board out and shipped it to their CA repair facility.

Ok I will open her up then and pull a board. How do I know which board it is? It says #1 but I don't know where that is in relation to on the miner.

Boards on your status page from the top to bottom corresponds to the boards on your miner from the left to right.

lentyna

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:00:54 AM

Ok so weirdly enough, I turned it all back on to do some testing like you said and it was hashing just fine..I had messed with the cables for a 3rd time but I don't see how that fixed it. So I went to put it back to where I needed it to go physically and I noticed I needed to redo some cords so I shut it off again, and then I put it where it needed to go and turned it back on and sure enough the board was missing chips again.. just my luck.. so I pulled it out some to do the testing, started it up, disconnected the 1st board then rebooted and confirmed which board it was. Then for kicks and gigs I plugged the board back up and rebooted yet again and it came back on with all boards hashing just fine.

So it seems like that board is going in and out if you restart it. Should I get it to where it is working and just leave it on and mine the hell out of it? Or should I go ahead and get it replaced?
Because it seems like if I restart it, then that board will hash 1/4 of what it is supposed to be hashing, but if I unplug the data cable from that board then plug it back in it starts working after I reboot again.

Mine were acting up like that too, they were running for a little while and then shutting off. Just unplug it and let the miner run with only 3 boards.

jchi2210

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:49:54 AM

Mine were acting up like that too, they were running for a little while and then shutting off. Just unplug it and let the miner run with only 3 boards.

I let it run for a while and it started acting up again with a ton of HW errors. So after all of this, I'm going to just pull the board and send it to them. When you said earlier that you was "automatically approved" how did you know this? How will I know it? On my repair ticket it says "uncollected" but that could also mean that I haven't sent it to them yet. Again, sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right lol

lentyna

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:16:50 AM

I let it run for a while and it started acting up again with a ton of HW errors. So after all of this, I'm going to just pull the board and send it to them. When you said earlier that you was "automatically approved" how did you know this? How will I know it? On my repair ticket it says "uncollected" but that could also mean that I haven't sent it to them yet. Again, sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right lol

When you submit a repair ticket you will see a pop-up that it was successfully received and you will see the address where to ship it.

Uncollected means that they did not receive it yet. When they receive your miner it will switch to Collected.

When you ship it you need to come back to your repair ticket and add the tracking number to it.

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:42:35 PM

Well........looks like I get to create my first repair ticket. This is absurd. I waited 2 months for these L3+ to come in and one of them has a bad hash board. At least that is what I'm guessing has happened. recap-I noticed an X where there should've been a 0 on the first ASIC. So I rebooted the miner, it came back online and this is what happened.
See pic below

I have also noticed that this miner is making a weird low howling noise..its different from the other L3+, i will probably try to figure out how to dis assemble it and see why it is making this noise.

I tried
-tried a different PSU

And I still get the same thing. When I researched on Bitmains website they said these are symptoms of "Chain scission of chips" or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions? If not then I am going to ship the board to them (I guess just the board and not the whole miner?). Has anyone had any luck sending to their US Facility that they list in California? I would like to send it to them and get it warrantied. Any advice would be appreciated..

If you did not OC it, open a support ticket and get the repaid done as fast as possible. The good thing is you can keep the miner with 3 boards and still earn money.

My controll board was broken and I was not able to do anything with the miner until i got a repair

I didn't touch anything on the software other than the mining pools lol. I guess I'll send them the hash board..are they hard to take out? Has anyone used the US repair facility? Or should I just ship it to their China facility?

It's easy to take the board out, just unscrew 4 screws the side where the exhaust fan is (will have to break warranty sticker for this) and pull it out. I used LA facility and they fixed it and shipped it back in 10 days.

Thank you for the reply, will breaking the warranty sticker void the warranty? In other words, should I just send the whole miner to the US facility or should I take it apart and send only the hash board? and if I send just the hash board, do I create a ticket for it first and make sure they are ok with me removing the hash board? I noticed on their website that you need their permission but I'm not sure how strict they are on it.

Should I call the US facility or email them or should I just open a repair ticket and send it to the US facility?

Sorry for all of the questions lol, I just want to make sure that I do it right since the whole process of RMA is confusing through Bitmain. It seems like you are supposed to box everything up first or at least get a tracking number and ONLY THEN can you start the repair ticket on their website, when you have a tracking number.

Check here which is your case: https://bitmainhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220872007-Possible-problems-for-Antminer-Troubleshooting-for-S7-S9

Mine was #6 which says take a board out. So I just created a ticket (it was auto approved), printed a form, took a board out and shipped it to their CA repair facility.

Ok I will open her up then and pull a board. How do I know which board it is? It says #1 but I don't know where that is in relation to on the miner.

Boards on your status page from the top to bottom corresponds to the boards on your miner from the left to right.

When looking from the intake side?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:48:21 PM

How my L3+ was hacked!

Waking up today morning i found my L3+ was not hashing. It turns out it was hashing for some one else on nicehash with BTC address:
14c2ewCFeW1VYtyhLFWB6rFJV36ZysEWUf

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/14c2ewCFeW1VYtyhLFWB6rFJV36ZysEWUf

it seems some one out there has auto scanner searching network for L3+ and inputs default password of Root:

i only lost 8 hours of hashing on 1 machine.
here are the following mistakes i made:
1) I put the L3+ in DMZ (nicehash was not working so i figured DMZ might fix the issue)
2) I kept the default user and password
3) disabled firewall on my router

Just a headsup to people. to change the default password.

In all honesty it was my own stupidity and complacency.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

Did anyone receive Nov 1-10 batch L3+?

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
crypticj

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:59:23 PM

yes they shipped it early oct 21st for me.
lentyna

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:02:53 PM

See pic below

I tried
-tried a different PSU

When looking from the intake side?

Yes, from the intake side, the side where you plug in your network cable.

lentyna

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:04:56 PM

How my L3+ was hacked!

Waking up today morning i found my L3+ was not hashing. It turns out it was hashing for some one else on nicehash with BTC address:

it seems some one out there has auto scanner searching network for L3+ and inputs default password of Root:

1) I put the L3+ in DMZ (nicehash was not working so i figured DMZ might fix the issue)

First thing what I did when I booted them - I changed the root password.

hawkfish007

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:43:01 PM

Mine hasn't been shipped yet for some reason???

hawkfish007

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:43:14 PM

Mine hasn't been shipped yet for some reason Huh

crypticj

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:12:54 PM

Mine hasn't been shipped yet for some reason???

I would open a ticket, seems like an issue.
BenRickert

Merit: 110

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:54:15 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]When looking from the intake side?
[/quote]

Yes, from the intake side, the side where you plug in your network cable.

[/quote]Thank you. Good info.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Albortz

Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:10:33 PM

How my L3+ was hacked!

Good for your fast fix, but still I dont understand why people do not change the password :/

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
tondalink

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:01:38 AM

How my L3+ was hacked!

I have the same problem with my Baikal A2000. WARNING everyone please not open it in DMZ
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:29:01 AM

How my L3+ was hacked!

I have the same problem with my Baikal A2000. WARNING everyone please not open it in DMZ

change the default pw, too. Glad to hear you got it back, though Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: