Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:37:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
kostagr33k

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:05:28 AM

Hoss, do you know how accurate their prediction is? Curious how close their estimations have ben up to this point. Thanks for that link!

kosta

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:34:47 AM

Hoss, do you know how accurate their prediction is? Curious how close their estimations have ben up to this point. Thanks for that link!

kosta

It’s not really a prediction.  If you look at the open source bitcoin protocol code ( I very very quickly looked it over), it states (something along the line of: )  that the next difficulty should rise/lower to a point that average time to solve a block is 10min.  This ‘next’ difficulty is set for the next 2048 blocks and is based off the average of the previous 2048 blocks (~2 weeks).  All miners must agree on this next difficulty or a fork in the block chain will occur.  So all anyone has to do is implement the open source bitcoin protocol ‘in code’ and analyze the last 2048 blocks vs time to get the next difficulty.  So http://bitcoinwatch.com/ is never ‘wrong’ or ‘off’ less it’s down or just malfunctioning is some odd way.  Quick rule of thumb is if you see block per hour over 6 then the difficulty is going up.  Another interesting site is https://blockchain.info/address/<PUT YOUR WALLET ADDER HERE>.  Put your wallet address in, trust me it’s safe (or pick a real address to test with).

PS - this last 2 weeks difficulty jump is over 20,000,000.  When I purchased in batch 1 the total difficulty of the network was less than 20,000,000 

PPS all this info is google'able' and is outside the scope of this tread ~sorry rest~
Also  http://bitcoinclock.com/  - our ROI time is finite.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:34:57 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 03:50:07 AM by chsados

The service fee has been reduced to 5%, which seems fair.  Thanks for the update.

Still curious to hear about assembly, parts and shipping.

Seems fair?  This is absolute bullshit.  Steamboat already made 10% on each chip order.  Why does he deserve another 5% for essentially filling out a refund form from Yifu.  Granted he will have to deal with all the paperwork but that was what he signed up for when he organized this group buy - total control.

Why was every other group buy organizer able to provide a 100% chip refund?

This is absolutely outrageous.
Bakal

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:39:36 AM

One question(for clarity and no time to read the Incoming Avalon Series - Season 1 thread) : I'm on batch 4, I paid for assembly as well, if Batch 1 to early Batch 4 refunds, to other group buy refunds as well, does it mean, the ones who did not opt for a refund will be queued/moved to the front(Avalon queue and Steam's queue)? The real question now is when will BitShtCom / Avalon send the ever valuable/priceless chips.

sorry for the post if its kind of nonsense. Just want to know so i can update my portfolio.

Thanks thanks.
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:43:59 AM

We need info on when Avalon will ship these chips as well, any news on this? Also I don't want to refund my chips without knowing if we can get partial refunds on assembly.  With all the chip refunds I think the hash rate will end up being lower than anticipated as well since less chips will be hashing. 
ik2013

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 04:06:04 AM

Now more then ever I would like to know klondike preformance and overlocking capabillities. That would help me with my decision and if I decide that I want the boards and want to be prepared, so better now then later,lol

Last I heard, there was still not a 100% completed design, as there's never been a fully populated klondike design, and I believe BKKcoins has abandoned the project, due to the clusterfuck. Seems like it's still a gamble whether or not your klondike will even hash reliably at stock clock speeds. I don't think firmware development was even completed...

So there's a pretty good chance that Steamboat's not even going to be able to deliver working units anyway, even if you do stick it out...

From the official Klondike thread:

Another problem I  noticed, is that when I setup cgminer with the API options for K16, cgminer would have a Segmentation Fault when trying to access the API to get stats.

Has anyone else had SegFaults when trying to access the K16 API ?

kosta

Yes I just compiled and got a segmentation fault. I was assuming that it was due to a graphics driver issue, because my cgminer (with gpu) does the same thing, while my cgminer-nogpu does not do this when I compile it under Linux Mint 14.

How do you get cgminer to compile with no gpu support, but with klondike support and icarus support?

I wanna test Klondike compiled version actually runs, but I don't have a Klondike, so I want to compile it for icarus as well.

I can't find the flags list anywhere (having a mental moment)...

Hi guys,

I've got cgminer compiled and it's working quite good on x64 and RPi. API working as well.

Things I've done:
Cloned repo here https://github.com/bkkcoins/cgminer-klondike
Then in the folder:
./automake.sh
./configure --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-klondike
make

Just one problem - when I connect more than one K16, it wont start, just freezes where it says CGMiner version ...
With one it's hashing OK. Anyone had success with this?

Thanks.

So if you could kindly STFU about boards not working...yes it appears there are still issues but there are people working out the kinks as we speak.

Single board ATX power supply interface for Raspberry Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.msg2815917#msg2815917    Like my work? Donations accepted here: 1FXYreNr35PzZVimEQkSzR68EdNutqefYh   I sell on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/stores/KD8SSF/     Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264089.0
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:18:21 AM

I'm sure the K16 will be working just fine. There are lots of people working on this, and the hardware errors are no worse than an overheated block erupter, like 1-3%.

I've managed to compile a unix version of a cgminer 3.3.1 with klondike enabled, as per Bkkcoins instructions, and it seems to be working just fine, I just need a K16 or Fusion 16 to test it out.

Yes there will be bumps in the road, but that's just the way it is. With Steamboat and a bunch of other people working on this, I'm confident these units will be hashing before my BFL order gets here ...hahahahaha

Now that people are happy with their refund processing, that will leave more chips for those of use who stuck it out.  Tongue

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:23:43 AM

Hmmmm... Sounds like a great offer to have chips refunded.

Hopefully Mine 20 BTC starting mid-sept... or get refunded 22 BTC...

Does anyone know what happens if lets say it gets up to only 2000 of the 10,000 chips for a certain batch that would be refunded and no more people are willing to request a refund? Would that mean that I will never get my refund? Or would it just mean that Ill just have to take the chips because it didnt reach the 10,000 after a long period of waiting for the big 10k?

As I read it, a refund can only be provided for 10,000 chips at a time.  So the first 10,000 chips requested to refund will be refunded, followed by the next 10,000 requested, etc.  So the last 1-9999 chips requested for refunds will not get a refund, but will be forced to take their chips.  It's like a group buy in reverse.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
powpow

Activity: 84

Developer

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:27:24 AM

If I had to speculate, I would say because steamboat was offering a one stop shop.  Meaning, he took his profit from the beginning and spent it on building the infrastructure to assemble miners.  Which, implies steamboat is not liquid and probably wasn't able to refund his original fee because he no longer has it.

To me, the deal is fine.  His time is worth compensation.
ik2013

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 04:42:24 AM

The service fee has been reduced to 5%, which seems fair.  Thanks for the update.

Seems fair?  This is absolute bullshit.  Steamboat already made 10% on each chip order.  Why does he deserve another 5% for essentially filling out a refund form from Yifu.  Granted he will have to deal with all the paperwork but that was what he signed up for when he organized this group buy - total control.

Not sure where the additional 5% talk is coming from...it's quite clearly spelled out in the update. It reads like half of the 10% markup is being refunded, so does this still sound like a bad deal when he is trying to operate a business in the real world and has put in unknown quantities of time and money into arranging the hosting and assembly? None of us really have a good idea of the financials on this, there quite possibly are costs that cannot be recovered at this point. So steamboat and crew should all go to the poor house because you want to recover 100% of your Investment. For god's sake there were people a few pages back saying we should get an injunction on his funds because he hasn't posted in the thread for a few days. As well as the (baseless) attacks on his character and intentions, trolls were all up in here talking about how there was a deadline from Yifu for Wednesday, when this was not the case at all. I feel like he deserves the 5% just for putting up with you twats. /rant off

Single board ATX power supply interface for Raspberry Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.msg2815917#msg2815917    Like my work? Donations accepted here: 1FXYreNr35PzZVimEQkSzR68EdNutqefYh   I sell on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/stores/KD8SSF/     Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264089.0
chsados

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:07:06 AM

Not sure where the additional 5% talk is coming from...it's quite clearly spelled out in the update. It reads like half of the 10% markup is being refunded, so does this still sound like a bad deal when he is trying to operate a business in the real world and has put in unknown quantities of time and money into arranging the hosting and assembly? None of us really have a good idea of the financials on this, there quite possibly are costs that cannot be recovered at this point. So steamboat and crew should all go to the poor house because you want to recover 100% of your Investment. For god's sake there were people a few pages back saying we should get an injunction on his funds because he hasn't posted in the thread for a few days. As well as the (baseless) attacks on his character and intentions, trolls were all up in here talking about how there was a deadline from Yifu for Wednesday, when this was not the case at all. I feel like he deserves the 5% just for putting up with you twats. /rant off

Good point, didn't think about it in terms of getting 5% of the markup back.  As for the rest of your post, please don't associate me with being unreasonable/troll of others.  I have literally said zilch about any of this other than gather lists of people wanting a refund when steamboat was not talking.  But then again, didn't each other group buy organizer also refund their markup (not sure if they had a markup)?
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:29:26 AM

Totally not fair, in the first place you shouldn't mark up 10% and add another 5% if other group buy can give 100% refund. Next time you know who to sign up for group buy.
megvon

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:34:51 AM

disgusting way of ripping us of another 10% on top of the 5%
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:36:07 AM

Totally not fair, in the first place you shouldn't mark up 10% and add another 5% if other group buy can give 100% refund. Next time you know who to sign up for group buy.

He's not adding another 5%.  He's giving 95% refund of the original price.  .0817/.086 = .95

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
chsados

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:37:04 AM

Zefir has shown some extreme professionalism, that will definitely stick with me.

Anyone know if Zefir had a markup?

EDIT: confirmed, he had a 9.9% markup and refunded it 100% - I would like to know why steamboat is unwilling to do a 100% refund.
intense

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:41:05 AM

Can anyone elaborate on how to go about this bit of the form?

Code:
Verification signature *
Please sign the following message with the sending address, and paste the output below. Do not include the quotes in the message. "I am hereby requesting refund of payment for my purchase of Avalon ASIC chips from forum member Steamboat"
chsados

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:44:05 AM

Can anyone elaborate on how to go about this bit of the form?

Code:
Verification signature *
Please sign the following message with the sending address, and paste the output below. Do not include the quotes in the message. "I am hereby requesting refund of payment for my purchase of Avalon ASIC chips from forum member Steamboat"

Remember when you used your address to sign a message to steamboat?  You do the same thing.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3898/how-does-sign-message-work

ik2013

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 05:46:51 AM

Good point, didn't think about it in terms of getting 5% of the markup back.  As for the rest of your post, please don't associate me with being unreasonable/troll of others.  I have literally said zilch about any of this other than gather lists of people wanting a refund when steamboat was not talking.  But then again, didn't each other group buy organizer also refund their markup (not sure if they had a markup)?

I'm sorry that was probably a little heavy handed, the FUD/trolling is getting thick in here...

LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:04:13 AM

[…] I would like to know why steamboat is unwilling to do a 100% refund.

An explanation was included in the last update, relevant excerpt below:

The situation as it stands is far from optimal, and while we realize a 100% refund is desired by most of those who have purchased chips through us, we have invested considerable resources in order to  facilitate our offer of Avalon ASIC chips to the community, and cannot offer a full refund. We have done everything in our power to educate potential customers of the risks involved when considering placing an order, and have stated explicitly we assume no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside our control; including but not limited to Avalon failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc.

While we are not bound in any way to do so, we know it is unethical to retain the profits made from chip purchases, and have chosen to refund all profits which remain after administrative, logistical, and material expenses have been taken into consideration.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
andrewsg

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:06:03 AM

I'm comfortable with the 5% for steamboat's effort in processing the group buy and now processing the refunds - hoping that it will be reflected in the quality and quantity of future communication on the status of refunds - how far we are in completing batches, when refunds are requested from Yifu and when these are fulfilled.

Bitcoin can be bad for your chi. Improve yours and mine by sending BTC to: 1N1zRYSwKQbZ8Kx1bKvTskrjGMNynVFEr1
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: