Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274751 times)
PaperClip

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:10:56 AM

These are the settings  I am using.  No trades since Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Yep, everything is right. With these settings bot would sell everything on 5th. As the price had huge drop after that - you actually should be glad that this happened Smiley
Also, with current trend and these settings bot will buy all BTC back within few hours
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

These are the settings  I am using.  No trades since Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Yep, everything is right. With these settings bot would sell everything on 5th. As the price had huge drop after that - you actually should be glad that this happened Smiley
Also, with current trend and these settings bot will buy all BTC back within few hours

yea I noticed the huge drop but I figured it should have bought back by now.... thanks PaperClip I will give it more time ...

Naelr

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
Naelr

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 09:36:42 AM

These are the settings  I am using.  No trades since Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

yea I noticed the huge drop but I figured it should have bought back by now.... thanks PaperClip I will give it more time ...

Naelr

OK I just received the "A buy order is imminent!" email... hahah just got scared I guess.  But shouldn't it have bought somewhere between $665 and now at what $780?

CEX.IO hosting mining
NginUS

Activity: 190

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:51:32 PM

Hi everyone,

I have my bot setup on BTC-e with 7/15 EMA, and I like where it tends to cross nearby to the peak of the up or low swings when it's set to 2 hours sample rate.

My problem is that when the lines cross, the bot doesn't immediately take action, but rather waits until the next time it looks up to sample, which could be 1.5 hours away- and by then the good price is gone.

So my question is how can I keep the EMA cross points happening in the good places like they do now, while lessening the time it takes between the cross & the transaction?
tralala33

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I have my bot setup on BTC-e with 7/15 EMA, and I like where it tends to cross nearby to the peak of the up or low swings when it's set to 2 hours sample rate.

My problem is that when the lines cross, the bot doesn't immediately take action, but rather waits until the next time it looks up to sample, which could be 1.5 hours away- and by then the good price is gone.

So my question is how can I keep the EMA cross points happening in the good places like they do now, while lessening the time it takes between the cross & the transaction?

To make it trade on the crossings you have to set the "1" thresholds to something high negative so that they are always met (e.g. -50) and the "2" thresholds to 0.
NginUS

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:45:49 PM

Hi everyone,

To make it trade on the crossings you have to set the "1" thresholds to something high negative so that they are always met (e.g. -50) and the "2" thresholds to 0.

Thank you very much. I didn't know.
Naelr

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:31:40 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 05:02:39 AM by Naelr

There are alot of back pages to read in this thread and I am not 1/2 through yet.. is there anyway to remove the MtGox graph and put in BTC-e on the main page?

And is the bot ok on trading on multiple sites anyone have any problems with this?

Naelr

CEX.IO hosting mining
NginUS

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:13:05 AM

No, you can't change that graph. And yes you can trade on multiple exchanges- with different settings for each if you wamt, too. Use the checkbox to override the global settings.
NginUS

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:39:29 AM

I have a feature request.

I'd like the bot to generate a chart of the exchange(s) it's actively trading on with EMA lines based on each exchanges' settings in the bot, and make them available on the local network, each on different addresses.

This so that I can monitor exactly what the bot sees from all different places around the house. I can have a display in the bedroom on an old desktop PC with a monitor, on a tablet in the kitchen, on my main PC in the office, & on a tablet in the family room.

Currently I use bitcoinwisdom for this purpose, but you can't set the tick offset there, so you don't see _exactly_ what the bot sees. Plus, they have a big ad taking up 1/3 of the screen, and even with AdBlock Plus, there's still wasted screen space with their order book being displayed, too.

If this feature were to be implemented with the hosted bot, it could be better, since each chart could have its own page/link accessible from anywhere providing you're logged in.

Right now the tiny little chart in the icon when you press the button is too small to be of much use, it needs to be full screen in my opinion. And the chart should have its own tab, taking up the whole space.

So that's my 2 cents. Hope it gains traction & gets implemented someday.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:35:06 PM

I'd like the bot to generate a chart of the exchange(s) it's actively trading on with EMA lines based on each exchanges' settings in the bot, and make them available on the local network, each on different addresses.

This so that I can monitor exactly what the bot sees from all different places around the house. I can have a display in the bedroom on an old desktop PC with a monitor, on a tablet in the kitchen, on my main PC in the office, & on a tablet in the family room.

Currently I use bitcoinwisdom for this purpose, but you can't set the tick offset there, so you don't see _exactly_ what the bot sees. Plus, they have a big ad taking up 1/3 of the screen, and even with AdBlock Plus, there's still wasted screen space with their order book being displayed, too.

If this feature were to be implemented with the hosted bot, it could be better, since each chart could have its own page/link accessible from anywhere providing you're logged in.

Right now the tiny little chart in the icon when you press the button is too small to be of much use, it needs to be full screen in my opinion. And the chart should have its own tab, taking up the whole space.

That's somewhat beyond the scope of a simple Google-script plugin, specifically the multiple address part--if I understood it correctly to be network addresses. They could code it so it writes hard graphic files to a shared file resource though, which would be easy.

Much easier to just use a lightweight VNC server/client solution in the time being.

NginUS

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:36:11 PM

That's somewhat beyond the scope of a simple Google-script plugin, specifically the multiple address part--if I understood it correctly to be network addresses. They could code it so it writes hard graphic files to a shared file resource though, which would be easy.

Much easier to just use a lightweight VNC server/client solution in the time being.

Hey, however. Just so I can distribute graphs around the house on browsers somehow. That's just my first thought, I'm not opposed to better ways to do it.

I wouldn't want to have to install extra software to view them though.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:02:28 AM

Took me awhile to get back to this, the past few days have been busy focused on house work, real work, and my gpu farm lol.

In answering a few posts back, this is the setting I had which helped me get some earnings. I took some losses on BTCe with it recently, but then it gained back. Not perfect, but again, is another example of finding something which fits the situation. Butterbot is /long term/. These are just for education, can't say they'll do anything for you, but report back if they do!

Short/Long: 3/16
Frequency: 15min
Buy/Sell1: -0.01/-0.01
Buy/Sell2: -1/3.8

cool007zqw

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:39:17 AM

You are wrong,

its not designed to increase your fiat and decrease your bitcoins, its designed to decrease your fiat and also your bitcoins.

becuase just holding your 49 bitcoins would return you more fiat in exchange than using the bot.

to increase your fiat you dont need any bot, you need just wait...

49.88 btc * 938 = 46787,44$
vs
42675$

I already said several times the bot is dumb, the buy triggered by EMA cross is no sense, bot is always
selling low and buying high to cut off loses, it just buy low when the drop is veryyy huge, strong and long,
and this just DON'T HAPPEN with bitcoin

Its slowly wasting your bitcoins bit a bit, trying to catch the perfect scenario, instead of jut buy lower than you sell at. Its that easy...
just put buy at 2-5% market drop price and butter bot result would change dramatically instead of wait to EMA lines cross back as they need the price to go very high until that happen, then it buy high and sold cheap,

i already lose 60% of my bitcoins with the bot,
i gave a lot of easy tips for make this bot much more wise into buy and sell decisions but i guess it takes time to implement them...
and i still have a lot of them to perfect the bot,
meanwhile i am making manual decisions, i success to recovery half of my money that way, butter would keep throwing my bitcoins otherwise.

Value column represents the atual amount of dollars you have at that point.

You are wrong. Some parameter can bring more than 10000% profit for the past 1 year during which BTC rises 6500%.
WebCanvas.in

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 01:28:34 PM

Iw want to buy this bot. Just wondering if the demo is a working one with real trading?
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:01:08 PM

Iw want to buy this bot. Just wondering if the demo is a working one with real trading?

Yes it is, there are (to my knowledge) no limited features, but the demo license will expire.

If you're interested, you can use my referral link for purchase, it will give you an additional month free, on top of whatever you buy.

jimmut

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:20:56 AM

I like the idea of the trailing stop to help protect you in a crash. Say I have my bot set to trade frequency of two hours...Lets say it started crashing within that hour and dropped 50%. I have my trailing lose set to 40%. Would it sell instantly when it hit 40% within that 2 hour time frame or would it wait till the next check-in that it does every two hours? Also is their a way to see what the trailing loss is at. That would be a cool thing to display. What its current high number is and what number it would have to hit according to your percentage to trigger the stop loss.

Any new features scheduled to be coming to the bot soon?
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:33:49 AM

Hello to Pablo and everyone on this thread. Thanks for all your comments, still reading and still learning Smiley

I'm new to the Butter Bot and have to say I quite like it. The few times I have contacted support, they have been fast, friendly and very helpful. I'm now a week or so using the bot, I'm trading only on the Bitstamp exchange and only with a small amount of money to get started, to learn how to tweak the bot to the market conditions and generally get my head around automated trading.

What I'm noticing is that using the default starter settings for Bitstamp that in this recent volatile market, I'm getting chopped up quite a lot and the bot is taking losses, I'm probably down about 40% in the last week or so which isn't a big deal as I'd factored in some type of learning curve to tailor the bot to my risk profile and the prevailing conditions of the market. I've messed with the time frequency and I don't think that has helped much, shorter periods of time (like 15 mins) the bot is trading too frequently and I'm needlessly going in and out of the market responding to noise. With longer periods (I've tried an hour) I seem to be missing trading opportunities and/or not taking profits where profits seem to be able to be taken. I know that there's a world of difference between personal trading and automated trading and there's no doubt that I'm having difficulty just leaving the bot alone although I'm pretty sure once I see it make some profit, I'll be done with the tweaking.

Is anyone willing to share any Bitstamp settings that they feel are working quite well in the last week or so please?

Thanks very much.

Smiley

Naelr

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 06:22:49 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 06:38:45 AM by Naelr

I am looking for a little incite as well..   Going with the suggested settings on BTC-e my bot bought several times at about $777 So right now I am up quite a bit.  If I sold despite the bot sitting there doing what appears to be nothing what will it do?  rebuy?  nothing waiting on the downturn?  it is so temping to turn the bot off and sell it is killing me!  Currently BTC-e is at $923 and the lines crossed at $936 so why hasn't the bot sold?

Naelr

CEX.IO hosting mining
NginUS

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:42:49 AM

Hi OleOle & Naeir.

I'm relatively new to the bot- I've been using it since I think October. I used to use the 'suggested' settings for BTC-e, until one day the bot sold low & bought high because of them, and then I went looking for new settings, and someome on the forums here suggested that I dial down my EMA numbers. Doing so was the best thing I've ever done, because now in backtesting, depending on the day,  I can sometimes get over 16,000% profit from my new settings.

So I'll share them with you, and will suggest that you slowly tweak the buy/sell threshold numbers, testing them with backtesting every day or so to see how different numbers affect the settings. Go slow with the adjustments. And try tiny negative numbers in place of the zeros on them.

Short EMA: 7
Long EMA: 15
Frequency: 2 Hours
Buy Thresholds: 0/0.25
Sell Thresholds: 0/0.1
Tick Offset: Anything

I also use bitcoinwisdom.com and enter these EMA numbers into it and set it to display EMA lines so I can watch & see what the bot sees, I find it helps to visualize what's happening. It also helps to visualize new strategies before I test them in the bot by punching the numbers into bitcoinwisdom first, too & seeing where the EMA lines would cross.

So good luck, hopefully these settings will either help or inspire you.
5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

With such silly volatility, I'm guessing this bot won't be at its best. I was kinda hoping that it wouldn't sell around half an hour ago, but now It seems it might have been an OK decision.

Would I be better off using manual buys in conjunction with BBot's trailing stop?

If so, how can I disable all of the bot's functionality with the exception of trailing stop?

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: