Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 04:21:02 AM

Video recap on my recent earnings and not so positive projections on the future of x11 mining O_o /for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBZzuBcfMk

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:54:12 AM

Video recap on my recent earnings and not so positive projections on the future of x11 mining O_o /for anyone interested

You raise some fair points in the video regarding cost vs. return. Good luck with your sale I would take it off your hands but at this point buying a d3 is like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets in the chamber and gets worse each batch. The L3+ was solid but this machine thus far is not a good investment nor would I advise anyone to purchase unless you really like gambling.
iulius99

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:52:04 AM

You can not generalize ... it depends a lot on each one, from his point of view ...

In these times, for example, if one has invested in photovoltaic panels or even another regenerative energy source (water, wind) ... the return with direct energy sales is even lower. So this is the last chance to consume it with the mining to earn more, compared to direct selling ... where they give a poor value of 2-3 cents per kw ...
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:10:04 AM

Rusian roulette with 2 bullets in the chamber  Grin Grin

About Paypal, they suck. I experinced a dispute with a scammer. They advertise with customer buyers protection and all that marketing. But in the end its only a policy for them that they cant be responsible. Worst case ever was for my little brother. He sold his car to a Polish guy who payed on Paypal. My brother had the money transfered to his bankaccount. Every thing was good untill paypall redrawn the money from his bankaccount. They buyer reclaimed his money. Its a while ago so dont know what the direct argument was. It was something that he bought a car that not work or like that. Joker, my brother is a car repairman and verry onest. Its hard that the strong leiers win if its about money. And Paypal are very lazy poeple who dont care.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:36:17 AM

As always i enjoy your video's. Its nice that your girlfriend is also involved and understands what your doing. Wow, did you mine that car or hard laybor  Tongue

You are very handy in making the video's intresting especially with the understatement screenschots. You said to have to like more viewers. Brockers react on google search hit on bitcoin and etheruem. Bet pretty soon your youtube hits are also gone involve there speculations  Cheesy  Wink

Thanks bro and ofcourse CEO Tails who keeps the hole crypto running.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 10:39:05 AM

Maybe you can f*** with ebay with the old trick that you sell the contact to you and not the product.
I did that with my browsergame-accounts, because the game-developer did not permit selling accounts.
But gifting them and selling me works Wink
I guess this will not work with high-value-things like D3 - but i am not sure.

@VoskCoin  i recommend you not to use ebay. I had opened another thread to determine the risk.
The things people reported (things happening to them) were awful. You can expect someone to buy it, mine it 1 month and then return it.
You will never get the same price again in a month. Plus you pay the 10% fee for ebay.
Paypal/ebay will pretty much always side with the buyer and not the seller.
Here is theThread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2215455.0
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:40:47 AM

Maybe you can f*** with ebay with the old trick that you sell the contact to you and not the product.
I did that with my browsergame-accounts, because the game-developer did not permit selling accounts.

@VoskCoin  i recommend you not to use ebay. I had opened another thread to determine the risk.
The things people reported (things happening to them) were awful. You can expect someone to buy it, mine it 1 month and then return it.
You will never get the same price again in a month. Plus you pay the 10% fee for ebay.

What kind of laws do you have in America (i assume you all are Americans)?

In Europe, you can't be held accountable as a private seller. You obviously need to state that you are privately selling and without return or warranty, but once the contract is "signed" by purchasing on eBay you are safe by law (because T&C were written down in the description).  They would need to prove you send them bricks and in that case, they would need to go to court first which would take years.

I sold over 5 digits on eBay the last years and not once had problems with PayPal/eBay.  But I prefer a SEPA transfer.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:44:31 PM

I think the cryptoworld attracts a lot of mean people. There's a higher chance of bumping in the scammers than in normal life. I've been burnt a few times on ebay too, but mostly it goes well, unless you're selling miners.
isukabtc

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:51:46 PM

Hello guys, Im curious about D3
1. What chip series antminer use ?
2. What is D3 default core clock speed ? (not mining speed)

Thanks..
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:56:12 PM

I think the cryptoworld attracts a lot of mean people. There's a higher chance of bumping in the scammers than in normal life. I've been burnt a few times on ebay too, but mostly it goes well, unless you're selling miners.

fuck ebay paypal , they banned my paypal account for the fact they claimed i was selling digital currency which they claim is
against thier TOS. but you can sell from coinbase direct to paypal? the fuck?

The real reason I was banned is one of of every 10 sellers attemted chargebacks on me , fucking croocks they. recive the bitcoin then open a dispute a few weeks later claiming they were hacked etc, happend a few times too with ebays sales

its not worth the hassle to sell gear anymore or btc just keep it
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:34:18 PM

In Europe, you can't be held accountable as a private seller.

I'm from Germany. However i heard about such things happening even if you are a private seller. They will cling to the term "not as described" and return it, because its too loud or
the color is not matching their skirt or whatever. With an antminer D3 Batch1 it is highly profitable to keep it a week or two and then just ship it back. Maybe overclock it until it breaks.
Might be some fud in the mix but i also saw that Paypal ruined companies by freezing their chrismas-funds for no reason for months.
Since ebay and paypal are some close friends, it made me assume that not using pp will not keep me totally safe.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:57:35 PM

In Europe, you can't be held accountable as a private seller.

I'm from Germany. However i heard about such things happening even if you are a private seller. They will cling to the term "not as described" and return it, because its too loud or
the color is not matching their skirt or whatever. With an antminer D3 Batch1 it is highly profitable to keep it a week or two and then just ship it back. Maybe overclock it until it breaks.
Might be some fud in the mix but i also saw that Paypal ruined companies by freezing their chrismas-funds for no reason for months.
Since ebay and paypal are some close friends, it made me assume that not using pp will not keep me totally safe.

There are a number of trustworthy people here in the forum who can perform escrow for private sales.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dashdash

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:56:46 PM

Hi everybody,

I have two prepaid BITMAIN D3 orders for shipping 1st half of november - will sell for a very small negotiable premium, I paid 1499 USD a piece plus 210 USD per power supply and 373.92 USD for shipping with UPS (am sure we can change delivery address).

Pls PM me if interested  Smiley
You paid 210 for a PSU that costs 105 and you paid UPS shipping of 373.92 when it only costs 71.00? Man bud, you got butt slammed.

apparently i paid 105 a piece, bitmains invoice is not very clear...

UPS shipping is to EU, not to the USA, hence the high cost...  Wink

as for me scalping - I actually intended on keeping them and mining them myself, but the laws changed in my country, and they banned mining...  Cry

And a small premium as opposed to your recent horrorstorries of 1 boy paying 8500 in borrowed funds for a machine is hardly worth the comparison or??

am open to any serious escrow service BTW... or meet, sign over accounts and pay cash/LTC/ETH or similar (maybe even BTC if the transaction speed improves... LOL). Am based in EU as i mentioned.

cheers...
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:27:20 AM

Hi everybody,

I have two prepaid BITMAIN D3 orders for shipping 1st half of november - will sell for a very small negotiable premium, I paid 1499 USD a piece plus 210 USD per power supply and 373.92 USD for shipping with UPS (am sure we can change delivery address).

Pls PM me if interested  Smiley
You paid 210 for a PSU that costs 105 and you paid UPS shipping of 373.92 when it only costs 71.00? Man bud, you got butt slammed.

apparently i paid 105 a piece, bitmains invoice is not very clear...

UPS shipping is to EU, not to the USA, hence the high cost...  Wink

as for me scalping - I actually intended on keeping them and mining them myself, but the laws changed in my country, and they banned mining...  Cry

And a small premium as opposed to your recent horrorstorries of 1 boy paying 8500 in borrowed funds for a machine is hardly worth the comparison or??

am open to any serious escrow service BTW... or meet, sign over accounts and pay cash/LTC/ETH or similar (maybe even BTC if the transaction speed improves... LOL). Am based in EU as i mentioned.

cheers...
what country are you in and do you have a link to them banning mining?

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:28:31 AM

You raise some fair points in the video regarding cost vs. return. Good luck with your sale I would take it off your hands but at this point buying a d3 is like playing Russian roulette with 2 bullets in the chamber and gets worse each batch. The L3+ was solid but this machine thus far is not a good investment nor would I advise anyone to purchase unless you really like gambling.
haha thats a good way to put it! xD // sold it

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:51:04 AM

As always i enjoy your video's. Its nice that your girlfriend is also involved and understands what your doing. Wow, did you mine that car or hard laybor  Tongue

You are very handy in making the video's intresting especially with the understatement screenschots. You said to have to like more viewers. Brockers react on google search hit on bitcoin and etheruem. Bet pretty soon your youtube hits are also gone involve there speculations  Cheesy  Wink

Thanks bro and ofcourse CEO Tails who keeps the hole crypto running.
Cheers man I appreciate that thank you Cheesy / yeah I'm glad I was able to get her into it as it makes everything less stressful / I talk crypto to my gf more than anyone else --- its sort of consumed my life lol only thing I really ever want to talk about ..  is crypto

I'm glad you like it I try to make it as interesting as I can, I'm no magician with editing and sometimes I feel like I have to talk a lot to get my point across but I'm happy some people like the content xD

haha absolutely I'll send this up the chain of command to Lt tails

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:54:49 AM

appreciate the link . . pretty disheartening reading a lot of those testimonials, wish some people weren't total shits

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:47:37 AM

Maybe almost every  pre paid miner that people are waiting  for to be delivered  is mining right now, hence the difficulty increase more then expected not saying all but some would definitely be doing this to milk maximum profit before shipping. If this is true it may be a good thing as future batch shipments won't impact the difficulty as much. Also new x11 coins like helium will hopefully spread the hash rate around. Maybe digibyte will add x11 to its list of supported algos , who knows. It's still possible that some people may regret selling their d3s too soon or selling them now at ever decreasing prices. The evolution  dash updates due soon,  that should help with the dash price.

Sorry for taking your hopes
BUT
according hardware dates on this miners (I had some in Sept. batch) this machines were never running.
Its not like S7, S9, L3...yes this guys runs for 3-6 month before they reach public. D3 did NOT.
Im pretty sure with this so...sorry...Oct. 15-25 batch makes the diff doubled again, early Nov. again and late Nov. again (not because of the network hashpower but cos of estimated sold miner counts).
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:00:49 AM

I'm from Germany.

One question regarding that? Have you ordered any miner from Bitmain? I am asking that because i got supplier from Germany. And she wants to sell me for Regular Bitmain price + PSU(Bitmains) around 1500$(S9) she can order D3 as well at any time(she says she has direct contact from Bitmain, and that shipment arrives around 3-4 days with DHL. IS / HOW is that possible? Asking because i understand how Bitmain works... Order > 2-3 months later you get your order. Is there some kind of advantage because you are in Germany in therms of mentioned shipment time(3-4 days)
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:18:37 AM

I'm from Germany.

One question regarding that? Have you ordered any miner from Bitmain? I am asking that because i got supplier from Germany. And she wants to sell me for Regular Bitmain price + PSU(Bitmains) around 1500$(S9) she can order D3 as well at any time(she says she has direct contact from Bitmain, and that shipment arrives around 3-4 days with DHL. IS / HOW is that possible? Asking because i understand how Bitmain works... Order > 2-3 months later you get your order. Is there some kind of advantage because you are in Germany in therms of mentioned shipment time(3-4 days)

give her a chance.  maybe she says the truth.  Are you also living in germany?  If not please contact me if it not so far i will check it out for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: