Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416407 times)
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:11:13 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 11:37:31 AM by KS

I can also tell that its sure possible to use this indicator stand-alone. But to make that work you need to expand the scope of the time-span the RSI watches. To make this work you can choose to increase the update timer to 2 minutes (or longer, i use normally 4min) or you could extend the length. By default 30 prices are used, but if you double this the scope will become lager too. By the end both solutions will just expand the time-span, giving a better relative position both in there own way.

My bad... I thought it was set to 30 days, so I set it back to 14  Embarrassed (<INSERT RTFM COMMENTS HERE>). Now you tell me it's really 30 prices (trades?), so I should probably set it much higher than 14.

What' s the max value the length can be set to? (60 or 90 are indicated in the help, but can it do moar?).

Thx.

edit: with RSI 40/60 with length at 90 and 2 min timer, and overcome fees insurance, I got 1 sell at 477 (no buys). What the Huh We haven't seen that price for much longer than 1 or 6 hours. Is there a way to check my bots are running with current data? (the server was restarted yesterday morning)

edit2: the timer I was previously running was also 2 mins. I tried 1/2/4/10mins and settled for 2mins.

edit3: starting from a bought position I get a sell at 477, run it again (from a sold position, with or without clearing the stats, with or without adding 120-480 mins of data to the indicator chart), I get 3 buys and 2 sells in the 560-590 range (but it could be the dataset from 2 days ago).

Do you plan on setting the "historical" time/price in the backtest log so we can manually check the trades against historical data from other sources? (instead of having the backtest time shown for every trade)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 11:46:36 AM

I can also tell that its sure possible to use this indicator stand-alone. But to make that work you need to expand the scope of the time-span the RSI watches. To make this work you can choose to increase the update timer to 2 minutes (or longer, i use normally 4min) or you could extend the length. By default 30 prices are used, but if you double this the scope will become lager too. By the end both solutions will just expand the time-span, giving a better relative position both in there own way.

My bad... I thought it was set to 30 days, so I set it back to 14  Embarrassed (<INSERT RTFM COMMENTS HERE>). Now you tell me it's really 30 prices (trades?), so I should probably set it much higher than 14.

What' s the max value the length can be set to? (60 or 90 are indicated in the help, but can it do moar?).

Thx.

edit: with RSI 40/60 with length at 90 and 2 min timer, and overcome fees insurance, I got 1 sell at 477 (no buys). What the Huh We haven't seen that price for much longer than 1 or 6 hours. Is there a way to check my bots are running with current data? (the server was restarted yesterday morning)

edit2: the timer I was previously running was also 2 mins. I tried 1/2/4/10mins and settled for 2mins.

It looks like you have read the documentation well, normally the RSI is expressed in days instead of smaller timer. And normally the RSI would also work better based on days, but for the crypto coins you do not want to analyse on this high level. It just changes to fast, so that why a timer is used instead.

Setting it to 14 would give it a really fast response, personally i do not recommend this kind of low values unless you have adjusted the update timer of course. 30 is the default value and 60 and 90 are some good suggestions to try. But of course you are free to enter any length you want, is all (dynamically) supported.

It is also sure possible that you did only get a buy or a sell and nothing else. I can not be sure for 100% but i think this was caused by the fee-overcome insurance and the prices themselves. If the bot can not make any profit then it just halts trading to avoid losses. I mentioned the prices already and they are most likely the cause of this, i just guess a downtrend is going on. the the the most known cause of the fee-overcome to halt the trading.

Just to tell: In case we go into a downtrend you can choose to do 2 things, try to trade on it (disrecommended) or leave it up to the drop-loss safety to protect you. Personally i recommend to stop trading and sell all until the bottom is found. From here i restore trading (of the dynamic drop-loss does this for me) and using the uptrend (or stable trend) is becomes possible earn coins again.

BTW this might be usefull to read to, it explains (and shows) the effect of using a different update speeds. (https://www.haasbot.com/update-speed-and-trading/)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
KS

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:20:46 PM

Right now I'm testing the backtest, which is doing fine (when starting from the right position) in this uptrend within the general downtrend (the latest pennant should break soon, we'll see how it goes).

I don't understand how I get the values I get though, I shouldn't have a 477 sell, the price is being held by USD/BTC walls between 550 and 580 ATM and it hasn't dropped that far since 2 days ago. So here I'm wondering what data is really used by the backtest and how I can be certain it's the correct one.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 12:55:14 PM

At this moment the backtest will go back for 26-27 hours in time. The source of the prices are my own server, i have a own cache server that reads/polls the prices and that information is send to you if you start the software. Once started the software will begin to collect prices on its own. (this way every user stay unique) You can fully trust the prices collected, those are solid and double checked. At the first sign of trouble the cache system will go down to avoid problems at your software (at the start). (it only happened to Cryptsy a few times before, the the software did its work back then to correct the situation)

I can not explain the exact situation you describe when a buy or sell signal is produced. But keep in mind, you are looking into the future at the charts, the bot can not do this. It uses plain math to find out the situation and based on this it responds. At the backtest this goes step by step meaning it will really reproduce the real-time situation. But the bot does no know the future, it just estimates it.

I would like to remind everybody who read this that this problem of finding a good strategy is really soon a part of the past. There is improvement at ready inside the update of version 0.9.8.0 to make this entire problem go away (for as far as possible). Most beta testers have reported this new feature works very good. Even people who where totally unable to make profit are now making profit thanks to this. Once i got the approval of all the beta testers i will proceed to launch this update. (i hope this will be today, i have high expectations of this feature)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
xpumpa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:31:30 PM

i made slight modification template for list trading bots. Reorganized and added some buttons.
i hope i did not break any rules...

Just unpack and replace this file in folder Interface (BACKUP OLD FILE!)
It is not necessary to restart server.

http://t.imgbox.com/YvWWww7T.jpg

http://imgbox.com/YvWWww7T
http://www.filedropper.com/runningtradebots
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:22:13 PM

i made slight modification template for list trading bots. Reorganized and added some buttons.
i hope i did not break any rules...

Just unpack and replace this file in folder Interface (BACKUP OLD FILE!)
It is not necessary to restart server.

http://imgbox.com/YvWWww7T
http://www.filedropper.com/runningtradebots

Great! Thanks

█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 04:48:55 PM

@xpumpa:
Thank you very much for this! I fully support this kind of initiatives.

--------------------------

Alright people, i have got the new update prepared and its launched. If you restart your software the update form will popup and if you agree the update will be executed.

Before i have done this release i have confirmed Cryptsy is stable again in this build. For as far as possible again, the last part depends a little on the API of Cryptsy itself. (i have been told this is caused by a server overload)

At this moment it seems Bitstamp throws an error inside the log, we are keeping close track to the events around this. If needed an small update will be pushed. But is does not yet look like its related to the software of API. All older versions show this message too at this moment.

Because this a quit a big update i have prepared some common questions and answers. I hope they will cover the most things.

How do i get Cex.IO in?
This is done exactly the same way as you setup any other exchange.

How to get to the Windows Classic interface?
Its described here: (https://www.haasbot.com/change-interface/)

Please note, some interface error messages are known to appear. It does not affect the software itself, so do not be afraid of them. We are on this to solve it better. (it happens due the multi-threaded setup of the software)

How to auto-tune an trade-bot?
Please follow the next steps to make optimal use of the auto-tunig of a trade-bot.

1. Add a new trade-bot
2. Setup the exchange, currency and the trade-amount
3. Add the indicators that you want to use to the trade-bot
4. Make sure the indicators run at the update speed you want have.
5. Go to the edit trade-bot -page and next to "Backtest" you will see a new button called "Auto-tune". Click on this one.
-> As you can see it is recommended to not add the Safeties and Insurances yet. (but its supported!)
6. Press the "Auto-tune" and give your computer a minute or 2 to progress it all (normally this goes faster of course)
-> If everything has gone well the chart will show the trade momentum. If it does you can review your trade-bot like you do if you do a backtest or like it has ran the pas hours.

You might want to make some changes to your strategy. But simply adding new or different indicators is not recommended. In general i recommend to remove ALL the trade indicators and repeat the steps 4, 5 and 6.

By default the auto-tune will fail if a safety responds, therefore again the recommendation to just add them later or to make them temporary inactive.

Please understand this kind of technology is impressive, but it has its limits. Sometimes a strategy is just impossible due the nature of the indicators. But do not give up yet and retry it in a day or 2 and then i might work.

BTW Within the logger the tuning information can be traced. You can see the engine really at work there.

How does the new safties work?
Its described here: (https://www.haasbot.com/roof-in-safties/)

How does the new MA-histogram work?
Let me first avoid confusion, this is a MACD-Histogram but it is SMA based instead of EMA. Therefore this name.

Some extra info about all the moving average based indicators can be found here (https://www.haasbot.com/moving-average-based-indicators/) (it is a work in progress this page)

How does the Dynamic High/Low work?
First of all, this indicator is the first and only exclusive indicator for the Advanced license. Users with the Donation and Simple license do not have this indicator.

This indicator can be compared to the price high/low indicator but there is a small benchmark build-in to set the prices dynamicly. Making it an very interesting indicator.

How does the new insurances work?
Its described here: (https://www.haasbot.com/fee-insurances/)
and here (https://www.haasbot.com/price-insurances/)
and here (https://www.haasbot.com/remaining-insurances/)

Want to be a little proud too?
This software, this update contains the auto-tune ability for trade-bots. This is the first time this feature is recorded for the crypto coins. You as a user are one of the few world-wide to be able to have access this kind of technology.  Cool

KS

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:37:28 PM

OK, so the auto-tune for RSI gives me 52/52 buy/sell levels. No losing money on this one! Grin
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:52:19 PM

OK, so the auto-tune for RSI gives me 52/52 buy/sell levels. No losing money on this one! Grin

Yes, tuning till profit is confirmed. But this sounds like a lazy RSI here. Cheesy Tuning is advised.

KS

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Yes, tuning till profit is confirmed. But this sounds like a lazy RSI here. Cheesy Tuning is advised.

Yes, manual tuning incoming! Smiley

The good news is: the auto-tune check passed. (It didn't do anything for me in the previous beta).
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:57:57 PM

Cryptsy is still DOA for me. Sad
silverston

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:09:13 PM

@ Stephan
I want ask, how Insurance Never sell below last buy price and Safety Dynamic adjusted drop-loss safety working together?

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:26:49 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 06:51:23 PM by Stephan224

@solarion:
Is your IP not blocked of something like that? Both the method of 0.9.7 and the 2 new other methods are in this build.  Huh (please contact me per PM if possible, i want to have a look to the logbook you have with the DEBUG information inside it. I should be able to explain it whats happening)

@ Stephan
I want ask, how Insurance Never sell below last buy price and Safety Dynamic adjusted drop-loss safety working together?

By design they can. Smiley

@xpumpa:
Outdated, but useful: https://www.haasbot.com/wp-content/uploads/API.txt

xpumpa

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:31:58 PM

Update: color button improvement (for me Smiley

http://www.filedropper.com/runningtradebots_1

Green is bot running (and can be deactivated)
Orange, bot is not running (and can be activated)

it's little bit inverse, but green is for me running Smiley
silverston

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:47:48 PM

@xpumpa
thanks again

@Stephan
BTW not working for me autostart with windows Huh

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
trubar

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:50:41 PM

Auto-tune:

RSI Indicator (RSI length 30, Buy level: < 76, Sell level: > 76) (Cryptsy DogeLtc 3min)   Stay   Edit   Delete
MACD Indicator (Trend type: EMA, Short -10551, Long -10537, MA Cross-over) (Cryptsy DogeLtc 3min)   Stay   Edit   Delete

I was playing around with indicators and its update interval. I am getting vary odd settings (mostly similar as shown on upper rows). Any suggestion?
Can update interval be included in auto-tune?
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:09:53 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 07:35:15 PM by g0re79

And same for me - trades loged by haasbot as completed never hit Cryptsy at all. F*ck this..

EDIT:

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:48:20 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 09:38:50 PM by g0re79

Also, WTF is this? I don´t need to spend any more time with this SW to be sure that something is BADLY broken..

EDIT: I ran some tests and suppose that negative trade fees are Cryptsy issue, but it did not change anything - Cryptsy simply does not work with haasbot as it should (so not at all). You can prove I am wrong by PM me with me FULLY working Cryptsy bot for ANY market (does not matter if its not profitable, just working).

And I want to appologize - I did not wanted to be rude, I just was looking forward for this update to get back to old clear and all one place GUI (nicelly done) and to fully working Cryptsy (sucks badly). I don´t need nor want other exchanges, because there are lots of other and free bots doing that same (even not that simple and nice way).

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:26:23 AM

Still not working

2014-28-02 11:24:45.786   |TRACKER_INFO|   Reading of Cryptsy failed, retrying....

2014-28-02 11:24:48.996   |TRACKER_INFO|   Reading of Cryptsy failed, retrying again....
2014-28-02 11:24:51.872   |TRACKER_INFO|   Reading of Cryptsy failed, next retry on next update.
2014-28-02 11:24:51.875   |ERROR|   The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF
2014-28-02 11:24:51.878   |TRACKER_INFO|   The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF
2014-28-02 11:24:51.881   |BOT_INFO|   Checking trade-bot: DogeBot
2014-28-02 11:24:51.884   |BOT_INFO|   Bot: DogeBot Message: Polling failed, no prices are availible for Cryptsy at DogeBtc.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:53:46 AM

And same for me - trades loged by haasbot as completed never hit Cryptsy at all. F*ck this..

My problem is different. I cannot get cryptsy to connect at all since updating. The api tokens are refused.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: