Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 03:32:32 PM

As we have a new thread I would like to suggest that we keep it civil (as we do) even when silly ol' trolls come along.

Also if the Devcoiners could not reply to other threads that silly ol' trolls are on, they won't rise and get read by others.

Obviously some one is threatened by Devcoin or wants to replace it. Seeing as how the last silly ol' troll had advertising saying he'd promote new coins, maybe he was hired. Whatever. I think we should take it as a compliment that Devcoin and Devtome have something unique, as all can contribute and all can benefit.

I do agree with being civil.

However, it seemed more like a attack on Fin Shaggy, though both reasons seem valid. He was talking about DevCoin and competition, so that's also valid.

People are against finshaggy due to the whole "bitcoin town" idea. Unrelated to DVC.

Posting here so I can watch the thread!

And they are only against Bitcoin town because they are trolls.

Have you seen the people posting on the Bitcoin town thread? They are no better than owlsy

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 03:44:37 PM

And markm, have you ever thought of looking for a solution, then posting that theorized solution instead of just explaining why something is so terrible ? This is a think tank not a whine tank.

Okay I just happened upon this video capture from OpenSimulator so checked to see whether it would actually work, and it did:

http://worldoflittlefield.wordpress.com/

It is just a video imbedded into a blog page, yet it actually managed to work.

They seem however to have blocked "view source" somehow so maybe if wordpress doesn't do that itself normally and it isn't just something they got, possibly without even realising it, as part of some template they used for their blog, possibly it might be the work of someone quite sophisticated who knows what they are doing.

Hovering it and rightclicking it and so on it seems that it is HTML5.

Someone said earlier HTML5 is actually not widely viewable though so maybe i have one of the few browser brands that happens to support it (Firefox)?

I think though my other browser, that I almost never actually use (Google's browser) also supposedly supports it. So I am not sure what doesn't support it?

Maybe Windows only supports some in-house variant of it? Or doesn't support it at all?

I don't usually even try to view videos because historically they almost never worked, even on machines that did have some old version of flash installed.

I don't have flash installed at all and that blog video works fine.

it is even on youtube, i just noticed! Though, again, maybe someone sophisticated had to force youtube to do it this way instead of some other format.

(Or maybe youtube detects the browser and pushes a version it knows the browser can use?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:04:09 PM

Anyone able to write the script as a template for us as a guide that we can modify into the 15 minutes requested?
sent a msg
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:15:49 PM

Anyone able to write the script as a template for us as a guide that we can modify into the 15 minutes requested?
sent a msg

Ok replied, lets get this rolling.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:25:53 PM

Question for the experts:

I was wondering what is the safest way to store your dvc.

Is it a pc wallet?
Is it vircurex? (?!?) with all its ups and downs
Is it devda? (?!?) if a few days ago you were not at home checking your wallet, you would come back without wallet at all.

The security issue is still a major mental obstacle for everyone approaching this world.

I have this same question.  I am still reading this thread so it may already be answered.  I just wanted to not have to look for this post again.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:27:55 PM

Is it a pc wallet?
Is it devda? (?!?) if a few days ago you were not at home checking your wallet, you would come back without wallet at all.

The security issue is still a major mental obstacle for everyone approaching this world.

I have this same question.  I am still reading this thread so it may already be answered.  I just wanted to not have to look for this post again.

Share bounty for a valid, stable online wallet?

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:42:19 PM

Is it a pc wallet?

Share bounty for a valid, stable online wallet?
Same as bitcoin, offline cold storage on a paper wallet (engraved on diamond and stored in a nuclear bunker etc etc). The same security methods apply as the bitcoin client so there's a fair amount of info available.

I don't understand that shit.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:43:37 PM

How about the equivalent of Coinbase for Devcoins?  I would totally use it!
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:48:08 PM

I don't understand the technical security stuff either right now, which is why I am willing to pay some in the way of reasonable fees to have that taken care of for me.
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

I recommend trying to stop double posting. just a recommendation. But coinbase for devcoin would be awesome. If I could figure out what kind of payment gateway they have, and the transfer process from Bitcoin to USD in bank, I'd set one up for devcoin.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:50:08 PM

I don't understand the technical security stuff either right now, which is why I am willing to pay some in the way of reasonable fees to have that taken care of for me.

I don't understand any of it.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:05:07 PM

I recommend trying to stop double posting. just a recommendation. But coinbase for devcoin would be awesome. If I could figure out what kind of payment gateway they have, and the transfer process from Bitcoin to USD in bank, I'd set one up for devcoin.

How was I double posting?  I apologize if I did something wrong. It wasn't intentional.
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:15:32 PM

How was I double posting?  I apologize if I did something wrong. It wasn't intentional.

I understand you didn't understand. Simply, wait for a response before posting again. Scroll up to your last post, there are two of your posts side by side. Try to avoid that.

marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 05:31:27 PM

(Or maybe youtube detects the browser and pushes a version it knows the browser can use?)

Since few months ago that youtube is using HTML5 video on his webpage, and just changes to Flash (less powerful) in case of not supported by the browser (IE8 and behind).

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:43:46 PM

I understand you didn't understand. Simply, wait for a response before posting again. Scroll up to your last post, there are two of your posts side by side. Try to avoid that.

OK, I see what you mean. 
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:01:31 PM

Cheers.

quote from the Faucet thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191553.msg1983573#msg1983573

NEW! I have added a feature requested from Unthinkingbit, that anyone has a bitcointalk.org forum id could get more devcoins. the details:
1.Your forum account is not Newbie (at least Jr. Member)
2. You promote devtome.com by adding the following line to your signature:
Code:
[url=http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing]Earn Devcoins by Writing[/url]
3. You add the same Devcoin address to your signature too, no matter what format, we just make sure the account is really yours.
4. Fill your member id into the textbox and submit.

After submiting, we first send 50DVCs to you immediately, after about one week, we will check again if you keep the signature, if ok, another 100 DVCs will be sent.

How to find your Member ID of bitcointalk.org: Click PROFILE on the title line, then click "Summary" Under "Profile Info" at the left panel, then you will see several digits in the URL, the digits is your member ID.

Please report any bug direct to me or to the faucet thread, thanks.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Cheers.

quote from the Faucet thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191553.msg1983573#msg1983573

NEW! I have added a feature requested from Unthinkingbit, that anyone has a bitcointalk.org forum id could get more devcoins. the details:
1.Your forum account is not Newbie (at least Jr. Member)
2. You promote devtome.com by adding the following line to your signature:
Code:
[url=http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing]Earn Devcoins by Writing[/url]
3. You add the same Devcoin address to your signature too, no matter what format, we just make sure the account is really yours.
4. Fill your member id into the textbox and submit.

After submiting, we first send 50DVCs to you immediately, after about one week, we will check again if you keep the signature, if ok, another 100 DVCs will be sent.

How to find your Member ID of bitcointalk.org: Click PROFILE on the title line, then click "Summary" Under "Profile Info" at the left panel, then you will see several digits in the URL, the digits is your member ID.

Please report any bug direct to me or to the faucet thread, thanks.

I will go for this.  I got the signature line. Now I just have to wait for a new round to start on the faucet before I can officially apply  Wink
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

I will go for this.  I got the signature line. Now I just have to wait for a new round to start on the faucet before I can officially apply  Wink

You need not wait, just apply now. The bitcointalk check logic is running right before the IP/Address check logic.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:26:34 PM

Just need one more person before round 97 starts! GOGOGO!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:37:50 PM

You need not wait, just apply now. The bitcointalk check logic is running right before the IP/Address check logic.

It's just that I already added my address in this round.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: