Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

Here's mine.  I did most of my research online, and have never used marijuana, so FinShaggy, could you look over this?

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=marijuana

Thanks

"Marijuana, when consumed, has the immediate effect of relaxation and a feeling of joy."

Should say: Marijuana, when smoked, has the immediate effect of joy. While ingestion usually takes about 45 minutes to take effect, and is more "giggly".

And "respiratory problems" can be narrowed down to "Bronchitis".

And the part where you said "It is not recommended you should use it" is wrong. I personally have a Doctor recommendation if you would like to see it. So maybe say, "Unless advised by a doctor"

Sure.  Editing it now.

Other than that, pretty good unbiased article for anyone looking to learn something about weed.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:20:51 PM

How often do you use it?  Personally, though I tried to write an unbiased article, I stay away from it.  It's a more of a money-waster to me.  (Sorry if you are mad at me for that)  Maybe you could write an article about the advantages?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:26:25 PM

How often do you use it?  Personally, though I tried to write an unbiased article, I stay away from it.  It's a more of a money-waster to me.  (Sorry if you are mad at me for that)  Maybe you could write an article about the advantages?

I use it every day. When I was younger I used to say "The only time I'm sober, is when I'm in jail". As I lived in Texas, so anyone smoking weed everyday is playing a game with losing odds there.

I'm not mad at you, lol.

I don't smoke weed for "advantages". I smoke weed because the plant has been growing along side man since before history. It has been naturally selected to communicate with us, then we further selected it to purify that message.

I just feel like if you don't smoke weed, you really are missing out on an entire perspective of life. And that is fine for some people, but I like to share. Share my words with people. Share my experiences with people. Share my thoughts with plants (not just weed either, I have used many entheogens).
A good description can be found here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=first_bowl_of_the_day_first_post_of_the_round

Sometimes I feel like the plant chose me to represent it. Which is a feeling the Hindi's call "Shiva".

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:31:16 PM

Also, my dad was always drunk and never around when I was a kid (I can tell he tried though). Then when my mom got custody, my step dad was a prick.

So I was basically raised up by (separately, as she didn't smoke when I was a kid) my mom and marijuana (or at least by the experiences it gave me, and the people I met smoking it)

ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:32:04 PM

these are boring.
i dont care about instructionals unless its something like how to kill a dragon or how to gi back in time without screwing the space time continuum.
be more creative ppls
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:33:31 PM

these are boring.
i dont care about instructionals unless its something like how to kill a dragon or how to gi back in time without screwing the space time continuum.
be more creative ppls

Instructionals? What are you talking about?

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:39:40 PM

Dang, someone changed my page.

My second post is at a new link.

Please read about & Share your thoughts on the afterlife here
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=what_do_you_think_about_the_afterlife

meta.p02

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:55:26 PM

Just for clarification...

Does an essay need a minimum of 1,000 words to be credited? Also, if I write 1.6K on essay A and 1.7K on essay B, do I get 2, 3 or 3.3 shares?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:58:07 PM

Does an essay need a minimum of 1,000 words to be credited? Also, if I write 1.6K on essay A and 1.7K on essay B, do I get 2, 3 or 3.3 shares?

All words are counted. That would be 3.3 shares. But it rounds down (I think) to your nearest full 1k, so it would *count* as 3 shares. If you added 700 more words, it would be 4.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:02:57 PM

All words are counted. That would be 3.3 shares. But it rounds down (I think) to your nearest full 1k, so it would *count* as 3 shares. If you added 700 more words, it would be 4.

So if you wrote 3.9, only 3 would be counted and the .9 is lost forever?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:07:19 PM

It would probably round to 4. Unless I misunderstood what he said.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:07:31 PM

Words are always counted. ie if you wrote 500 words today and 500 in a year, you will complete that first share.

If you wrote 130k words today you would get 80 shares this round and the remaining 50 next round.

When the script is run, it calculates the *total* and subtracts your payments. Ie. if you got 50 shares this round, wrote 50 more next round but deleted 30 shares of your first round (paid) articles, you would only get paid for 50+50-50(paid)-30(deleted)=20 shares.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:29:45 PM

lol at the plant comment.. It kills braincells weed does when you smoke it. Ive only had a body stone once
but it was laced with something so bad experience.

I got alot of my unique perspectives on life through weed ie: The key to life is the idea of a mother and the difference between 0 and 1 (to be or not to be) sometimes when you think about something searching for truth logic takes you in circles until you come around to a point where you are so sure its the truth.

Those experiences i got from weed became my truths who knows if they are absolute.

But I also believe that too much of anything is bad. If you smoke everyday you are addicted and u will have sideaffects. Just like drinking etc.. Dont pull the plant thing on me. What about salvia? How about other drugs growing say im mexico abudantly known as devils drug renders you useless and imcapable of reason.

I do see its uses and its helped me clarify things about life and when im on it i seem to have an outside perspective on my self and am able to openly critisiZe the things i do wrong or can improve which helps alot. Alot of ppl wouldnt know what they are doing wrong or can improve without external influence and then half the time we dont agree. Yes try it a few times but keep it in check. Enjoy the ezperiemce with close friends or family.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

lol at the plant comment.. It kills braincells weed does when you smoke it. Ive only had a body stone once

Wrong. New studies have proven that the brain cells do slow down, but they are not killed. If you stop smoking they are revitalized. And further study has proven that there are Cannabinoids present in your brain that act to protect your memory and other functions, and adding to them doesn't hurt, except that your brain might think it is ok to stop producing them since you just put it there. Then if you stop smoking you could have less natural Cannabinoids in your brain than a regular person.

But Cannabinoids are actually at the FOREFRONT of Nuerogenesis research, at least in Israel.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:53:10 PM

Also, Cannabis wreaks havock on short term memory. But it has been proven that the reason is because Cannabis is working on your long term memory. So, it is basically helping you get rid of stuff you don't think is important.

And Cannabis is the only medicine known to man that can help reverse brain swelling. There is currently NO OTHER drug available for this. My little brother died from it while I pleaded with Doctors to do something.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 05:26:08 PM

Anyways, back to the topic of Devtome.

I ordered 30 books, so I will have plenty more research to help me with my history book, like early next week. So this round will probably be my most active for Devtome.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:11:15 AM

Also, Cannabis wreaks havock on short term memory. But it has been proven that the reason is because Cannabis is working on your long term memory. So, it is basically helping you get rid of stuff you don't think is important.

And Cannabis is the only medicine known to man that can help reverse brain swelling. There is currently NO OTHER drug available for this. My little brother died from it while I pleaded with Doctors to do something.
Proof that using canabis increases long term memory?? Link? Is it like those studies that keep changing stories like 1 beer a day makes u live longer and then retract that statment again lol. I would rather leave it as a seldom hobby as otherwise a mother would give it to her child to ease pain. Like i said mothers instincts know best thats evolution working infront of our eyes.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:20:28 AM

Proof that using canabis increases long term memory?? Link? Is it like those studies that keep changing stories like 1 beer a day makes u live longer and then retract that statment again lol. I would rather leave it as a seldom hobby as otherwise a mother would give it to her child to ease pain. Like i said mothers instincts know best thats evolution working infront of our eyes.

It's doesn't affect your memory, it's just that less educated people and males in particular, are more likely to be smoking weed. Which effects the results of any test that is based on weed.

"Rather, the case for marijuana “abuse” has always stemmed from its cognitive effects. While cigarettes are like caffeinated smoke — they increase attention and productivity, marijuana is the drug of choice for slackers, hippies and Seth Rogen characters. In popular culture, all it takes is one hit from a bong before people become ridiculously dumb, unable to solve the simplest problems or utter a coherent sentence. Potheads eat a lot and laugh at stupid jokes. The larger worry, of course, is that such damage is enduring and that “smoking dope” permanently impedes learning and memory.

That, at least, has been the collective stereotype for decades. There’s even been some science to back it up, especially when the marijuana use begins at an early age. But now a different answer is beginning to emerge, thanks to an authoritative new study led by Robert Tait at the Australian National University. The scientists looked at the long-term cognitive effects of marijuana use in nearly 2,000 subjects between the ages of 20 and 24. The subjects were divided (based on self-reports) into several different categories, from total abstainers (n = 420) to “current light users” (n = 71) to “former heavy users” (n = 60). Over the course of eight years, the scientists gave the subjects a battery of standard cognitive tests, most of which focused on working memory, verbal memory and intelligence. One of the important advantages of this study is that the scientists controlled for a number of relevant variables, such as education and gender. In Time, Maia Szalavitz explains why this statistical adjustment is necessary:

The lower education levels of the pot smokers — and their greater likelihood of being male — had made it look like marijuana had significantly affected their intelligence. In fact, men simply tend to do worse than women on tests of verbal intelligence, while women generally underperform on math tests. The relative weighting of the tests made the impact of pot look worse than it was.
The adverse impacts of cannabis use on cognitive functions either appear to be related to pre-existing factors or are reversible in this community cohort even after potentially extended periods of use. These findings may be useful in motivating individuals to lower cannabis use, even after an extensive history of heavy intake.

This study builds on previous work by Harvard researchers demonstrating that the learning and memory impairments of heavy marijuana users typically vanish within 28 days of “smoking cessation.” (The slight impairments still existed, however, one week after smoking.) While several days might sound like a long hippocampal hangover, heavy alcohol users typically experience deficits that persist for several months, if not years. In other words, heavy marijuana use appears to be a lot less damaging than alcoholism.
"
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/08/does-marijuana-make-you-stupid/

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:22:23 AM

Still looking for the increased long term memory study, but that proves it is non damaging.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:25:34 AM

I can't find the study, but I promise you. I remember MORE of my life since the day I started smoking, than I do anything before that (like, once I started smoking, everything became more memorable) and I did find something on wikipedia that said something about "Contextual Memory" which is where you remember things when you are in the same situation IE You remember it when you are high, because you were high when you did it.
But again, I can't find the study. Except for what I just said about wikipedia, and another page that says "Long term use can cause 'selective memory defects'." I have seen a study for this before though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: