Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:50:31 AM

Is it not at the bottom yet? Normally, when something bounces on the bottom, it can only go higher.  Smiley

It's hard to say.  Bitcoin keeps going up but there's no hype so it's not taking the other coins with it yet.  And at the same time devcoin keeps diluting which means plenty of devs who need the money will keep selling as will many pools.  This combination means Devcoin's price can keep going lower until something changes.

I'm hoping Bitcoin gets its ETF license which would change everything and bring in lots of new miners and millions of speculative investors.

Isn't it already only at 44 satoishi's, it can't go lower than 0 here or am I missing something. Is there another digits it goes to because on vircurex looks like we are at almost absolute 0.

Absolute zero doesn't exist in this entire very finite and material universe so yes, Devcoin, like any other coin can keep going lower. There's an infinite decimal places after the current one. 

So your saying price can go below 0 satoishi's? There are no other coins that have ever done so, so theres no example of this? After it hits 0 sat's, there cannot be a buy limit below this so I don't understand what you mean.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:41:09 AM

Is it not at the bottom yet? Normally, when something bounces on the bottom, it can only go higher.  Smiley

It's hard to say.  Bitcoin keeps going up but there's no hype so it's not taking the other coins with it yet.  And at the same time devcoin keeps diluting which means plenty of devs who need the money will keep selling as will many pools.  This combination means Devcoin's price can keep going lower until something changes.

I'm hoping Bitcoin gets its ETF license which would change everything and bring in lots of new miners and millions of speculative investors.

Isn't it already only at 44 satoishi's, it can't go lower than 0 here or am I missing something. Is there another digits it goes to because on vircurex looks like we are at almost absolute 0.

Absolute zero doesn't exist in this entire very finite and material universe so yes, Devcoin, like any other coin can keep going lower. There's an infinite decimal places after the current one.  

So your saying price can go below 0 satoishi's? There are no other coins that have ever done so, so theres no example of this? After it hits 0 sat's, there cannot be a buy limit below this so I don't understand what you mean.

There's always a buy as long as it's alive.  Short of a Bankruptcy nothing makes a stock go to absolute zero and there's ZERO risk or BK for devcoin.

1) Right now devcoin is only at the 6th or 7th decimal place which means it can go down more, to the eighth.  It's a long ways from there, right now so I wouldn't worry.

2) What would happen  if Bitcoin dissapeared tonight but devcoin stayed alive?  You can always buy and sell Devcoin for USD which can go infinitely lower.

I'm definitely a "buy hand over fist" from this point and lower and I just need to get my mining rigs so I can get more Bitcoins.  I've invested enough actual dollars for now in alt coins.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:45:58 AM

Agree with Vlad regarding value. My sell bids on vircurex start at 200 and go up. Although price/value may not be high now, I see no reason  those who hold so little regard to devcoin or are so desparate that they have to run out of coins or motivation at some point. If someone was buying them to dump and crash price is also possible. Work and time have more value than this.

I hear ya bro.

When I first got here some 4 months ago I actually paid $400 per 1 million devcoin and at that time I bought 2 million and then when it got cut in half I bought quite a bit more.

Right now you can get 2.2 million devcoin for 1 BTC which means $120.  So that's nearly what cost $1,000 just 4 months ago. 

I'm a buyer at this point if I can get my mining rigs soon. 

Can somebody point me to that website which allows you to buy Bitcoin with your debit card? 

I just got the urge to buy some Devcoin at this ridiculous price.  Writing is great but I'd have to work hard to earn 2.2 million devcoins - it's simply getting to the point where my time ain't worth it but paying cash is.

Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 07:40:10 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 08:04:36 AM by Icoin

Twobits messaged me around August 1. that he has made Icoin (namecoin clone) and requested a payout. I told him that he has to deliver the source code first, unfortunatly he never delivered, so the Bounty for the namecoin clone code is obsolete, since the deadline was not met..

What you posted is not correct.   I never requested a payout.   I told you I had made the code, yes.   You then requested a change in the phrase,  to something in a language I do not know.   I messaged you back saying I needed to use ASCII only and a transliteration attempt which I thought would be ok, as it only changed quote types.  I asked you if that would be ok, including the example in quotes.  You have yet to get back to me about that being ok or not.

Seems that we had a serious missunderstanding
I have not a problem to pay you, when you deliver, the code is realy needed. I agreed that you wanna add some english phrase in to it.  Since it should have a Swiss reference i wrote you to please add a article header of the NZZ http://www.nzz.ch/ of the particular day of august 1. I was the meaning everyhting is clear with that. Im sorry when this error was caused trough me.

Edit: What about this actual article (its about a very old helvetic tradition) from the NZZ: http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/sport/eidg-schwingfest/der-kampf-des-koenigs-1.18140686#
The headline is saying: Der Kampf des Koenigs
means
The fight of the King

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:27:15 PM

I am opening an Amazon Gift Card Store for Devcoin.  At the moment, I am thinking about selling $1 gift card demoninations for a pilot program.  Would you guys still be interested in this.

Thanks

Also, I haven't been checking for a while.  What's the current DVC price? (In sats)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:56:00 PM

Is it not at the bottom yet? Normally, when something bounces on the bottom, it can only go higher.  Smiley

It's hard to say.  Bitcoin keeps going up but there's no hype so it's not taking the other coins with it yet.  And at the same time devcoin keeps diluting which means plenty of devs who need the money will keep selling as will many pools.  This combination means Devcoin's price can keep going lower until something changes.

There's always a buy as long as it's alive.  Short of a Bankruptcy nothing makes a stock go to absolute zero and there's ZERO risk or BK for devcoin.

1) Right now devcoin is only at the 6th or 7th decimal place which means it can go down more, to the eighth.  It's a long ways from there, right now so I wouldn't worry.

2) What would happen  if Bitcoin dissapeared tonight but devcoin stayed alive?  You can always buy and sell Devcoin for USD which can go infinitely lower.

I'm definitely a "buy hand over fist" from this point and lower and I just need to get my mining rigs so I can get more Bitcoins.  I've invested enough actual dollars for now in alt coins.

So in other words at 44 satoishi's above 0 which is the low and it cant to below that? Its realy simple not that complicated lol unless you are saying that at 0 another decimal place
(9th dec place) appears and price is allowed to fall further vs btc.

Yea im looking to buy btc aswell but waiting for
the correction to one of my targets it failed to test on the breakout.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:37:45 PM

I am opening an Amazon Gift Card Store for Devcoin.  At the moment, I am thinking about selling $1 gift card demoninations for a pilot program.  Would you guys still be interested in this?

Update! I have purchased the domain dvc-amzn.us and am using CoinPayments, accepting ONLY devcoins.

Should be up in 24-48 hours, stay tuned!
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:04:04 PM

Twobits messaged me around August 1. that he has made Icoin (namecoin clone) and requested a payout. I told him that he has to deliver the source code first, unfortunatly he never delivered, so the Bounty for the namecoin clone code is obsolete, since the deadline was not met..

What you posted is not correct.   I never requested a payout.   I told you I had made the code, yes.   You then requested a change in the phrase,  to something in a language I do not know.   I messaged you back saying I needed to use ASCII only and a transliteration attempt which I thought would be ok, as it only changed quote types.  I asked you if that would be ok, including the example in quotes.  You have yet to get back to me about that being ok or not.

Seems that we had a serious missunderstanding
I have not a problem to pay you, when you deliver, the code is realy needed. I agreed that you wanna add some english phrase in to it.  Since it should have a Swiss reference i wrote you to please add a article header of the NZZ http://www.nzz.ch/ of the particular day of august 1. I was the meaning everyhting is clear with that. Im sorry when this error was caused trough me.

Edit: What about this actual article (its about a very old helvetic tradition) from the NZZ: http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/sport/eidg-schwingfest/der-kampf-des-koenigs-1.18140686#
The headline is saying: Der Kampf des Koenigs
means
The fight of the King

twobits: like you said, we need a clear basis, for the namecoin clone since each chain will develop individualy. I made a new thread for Icoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283798.msg3037089#msg3037089 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:09:29 PM

I am opening an Amazon Gift Card Store for Devcoin.  At the moment, I am thinking about selling $1 gift card demoninations for a pilot program.  Would you guys still be interested in this?

Update! I have purchased the domain dvc-amzn.us and am using CoinPayments, accepting ONLY devcoins.

I wonder how long it will take for you to get a cease and desist letter.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:08:57 AM

For copyright infringement?
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:47:30 AM

My two cents, try not to get domains similar to that of major brands and selling similar things, it is a good way to start a collection of legal letters.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:04:29 AM

My two cents, try not to get domains similar to that of major brands and selling similar things, it is a good way to start a collection of legal letters.
How do other btc-amazon sites work?  (I saw a visa4crypto.com site)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 04:14:31 AM

That site is selling a visa product so it's no big deal for them to use the name "visa" in their domain name.

If you're using "amzn" in your title then you're poaching amazon customers.  Amzn is actually amazon's stock ticker symbol as well so I really don't see how anyone would get away with this for more than a week or two.

Why spend time and money on a site that's gonna get shut down? 

best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:37:53 AM

Keep requesting everyday from Mtgox to add DVC! they are going to actually, but lets keep them not forget it. Write them now!
https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:15:49 PM

That site is selling a visa product so it's no big deal for them to use the name "visa" in their domain name.

If you're using "amzn" in your title then you're poaching amazon customers.  Amzn is actually amazon's stock ticker symbol as well so I really don't see how anyone would get away with this for more than a week or two.

Why spend time and money on a site that's gonna get shut down? 

Any other site suggestions then?  Such as dvc4amazon?  Would that work?

Thanks for the info
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

Amazon is the most popular gift card, but there are many others. If you sell one brand of gift cards, it's worthwhile to eventually sell other brands. You could combine dvc or dev with gift or buy for the domain name.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:04:43 PM

Thanks for the info

The word amazon is trademarked. In fact, here's a huge list of terms that amazon has trademarked and which you cannot use in a domain name:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200952730

Use a generic domain like dvc4giftcards

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Aegis (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 87

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:51:52 PM

Thanks for the info

The word amazon is trademarked. In fact, here's a huge list of terms that amazon has trademarked and which you cannot use in a domain name:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200952730

Use a generic domain like dvc4giftcards

'Tis correct. I won't be able to add your website to the links list, if it could get taken down for copyright claims. (Such things could easily be called a scam.)

- acs26/acs267
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:29:08 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 02:59:54 AM by smeagol

EDIT:
dvc-amzn.us is being phased out.  You probably will be still able to access it for the next 12-14 hours or so.
I've registered dvc4giftcards.us which is the new site.

Check it out now!
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:50:07 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 06:25:36 PM by smeagol

EDIT:
dvc-amzn.us is being phased out.  You probably will be still able to access it for the next 12-14 hours or so.
I've registered dvc4giftcards.us which is the new site.

Check it out now!

I like the website as it's good for those who want to cash out. But at $1 cards for $1.95, and $2 cards for $2.95, the charges seem a bit excessive. Why not offer a $10 card for $10.95? That would be a more attractive option for cashing out, and you still get $0.95

Just asking

I changed it to $10 gift card for $11.95.
I got more $1 gift cards, I'll lower the price to $1 cards for $1.15

Edit: the $10 gift card image is $2, don't worry, I am changing it and you still will get a $10 GC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: