Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:02:18 PM

I don't want to start a fight. Smiley

I just want to help. I love the idea of minting and working with metal. I'm also a huge fan of alts for metals.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:03:11 PM

I just had another bad ass idea for the book store:
Books
Movies
VIDEO GAMES. I totally forgot, people can review video games!!

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:04:30 PM

I just want to help. I love the idea of minting and working with metal. I'm also a huge fan of alts for metals.

If you actually want to work with metal, maybe we can start in 2 places at once, and you buy what you can, while I buy what we can. And we sell our stuff under one "brand".

What we would do is make videos of EVERY silver test we ever do, then we add our stamp (brand). And that way we can honestly say we sell .999+ silver (and have all semi-failed tests sell at a discount). And people will come to know that anything with our symbol on it, is not only automatically trustworthy, but can be looked up on YouTube and verified.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:04:41 PM

And I don't see how we could go about drawing up contracts from a distance.

Uh, the same way you would draft a contract if you were sitting next to each other:

1) Write contract
2) Sign contract
3) Let other person sign contract
4) Done

I deal with inter-state (and inter-country) contracts on a regular basis. That's what the post office is for.
That's not how contracts work. Don't you have to get it notarized, and the notary has to witness the signature?

You have to get it notarized if you want it verified, sure. Local colleges, banks, etc. should all be able to do it. If you want to use a notary:

1) Write contract
2) Sign contract in front of notary
3) Let other person sign contract in front of notary
4) Done

Doesn't change anything other than having to go find a notary. Most are free as well.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:05:29 PM

I added DVC to my (very limited) ebook offers at www.7thcav.us.

Would love to do a Smashwords for DVC. Or even formatted Devtome entries for DVC and give a portion back to the contributor.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:07:35 PM

I added DVC to my (very limited) ebook offers at www.7thcav.us.

Would love to do a Smashwords for DVC. Or even formatted Devtome entries for DVC and give a portion back to the contributor.

I'm kinda confused about what you are saying in most of this post... I know what an ebook is... What is smashwords, and formatted entries?

eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:10:50 PM

If you actually want to work with metal, maybe we can start in 2 places at once, and you buy what you can, while I buy what we can. And we sell our stuff under one "brand".

Sounds good to me. One of the places I buy even had an offer to mint custom coins for $1400 including dies. Provident Metals or Copper Cave or something. Now I forget the details...

Smashwords is a site where people submit their works for free. It's formatted and then distributed to all the major ebook outlets (Apple, GBooks, Amazon, etc.). We could, with community support, format some of the Devtome entries into Kindle or PDF and post them for sale on each entries page.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:13:14 PM

Sounds good to me. One of the places I buy even had an offer to mint custom coins for $1400 including dies. Provident Metals or Copper Cave or something. Now I forget the details...

Smashwords is a site where people submit their works for free. It's formatted and then distributed to all the major ebook outlets (Apple, GBooks, Amazon, etc.). We could, with community support, format some of the Devtome entries into Kindle or PDF and post them for sale on each entries page.

Oh shit, I've actually had an idea like smashwords. I was saying we should make a brick and mortar Devtome, with books to inspire people to write, as well as updated volumes of the Devtome every year.

And about silver:
What we would do is make videos of EVERY silver test we ever do, then we add our stamp (brand). And that way we can honestly say we sell .999+ silver (and have all semi-failed tests sell at a discount). And people will come to know that anything with our symbol on it, is not only automatically trustworthy, but can be looked up on YouTube and verified.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:23:57 PM

Unthinkingbit, have you seen the "why is there no coin for artists" thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=293692.0 Huh

What happened to your projects we went and got all those new domains for? is there some problem securing all the domains required so that the announcements can be made?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:37:51 PM

Not all were available. iirc devtome was to be fleshed out first.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:19:44 PM

What we honestly need to be doing is making Devcoin shops. (I am going to make a silver store and a book store when I can).

If you make a PURPOSE for Devcoin it makes people want to BUY devcoin AND earn devcoin. So really it is the BEST way to support the coin. Rather than hating on video making, or talking to Devcoin girl. You could make a page offering your own devcoins for video bounties too though.

Yup so obviously there are two sides that directly relate to each other.

1. Ways to earn devcoins
2. Ways to spend devcoins

So by doing 1 we can increase the amount of hands dvc are in to avoid big dumps as some will save others will dump.. but you will decrease the amount of big dumps by people who earn alot right now... the more hands the better for dvc price in my mind. But dvc is worthless unless 2 takes place.

As of now only ways to spend dvc is to convert back to btc thus sell dvc but if a marketplace existed then you would have incentive to start holding as a market would force upwards pressure on a coin that is essentially at rock bottom.

As a summary as more ppl earn devcoins they all earn less instead of a few earning alot.. as you earn less you value the coin higher as you put in more work for less reward.. as more ppl earn also the higher chance of more coins being held. The more ways to spend then the more pressure upwards on the price as some will buy coins to use the marketplace which is the way that the price will rise.. as of now there is no incentive for the price to rise as it cant stand up on its own 2 feet yet.

This is why I brought up devcoin girl.. its the reason i invested in devcoin as it sparked my interest.. without it I may have overlooked the coin and just held ltc instead.

If we have more vids like a general crypto fan doing updates but wears a devcoin rocks tshirt paid with sole devcoin through an advertising campaign it would fo wonders if at the same time we had a marketplace to spend dvc.

So I think there should be ppl working on 1. ways to earn and 2. ways to spend they go hand in hand.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:25:40 PM

What we honestly need to be doing is making Devcoin shops. (I am going to make a silver store and a book store when I can).

If you make a PURPOSE for Devcoin it makes people want to BUY devcoin AND earn devcoin. So really it is the BEST way to support the coin. Rather than hating on video making, or talking to Devcoin girl. You could make a page offering your own devcoins for video bounties too though.

Yup so obviously there are two sides that directly relate to each other.

1. Ways to earn devcoins
2. Ways to spend devcoins

So by doing 1 we can increase the amount of hands dvc are in to avoid big dumps as some will save others will dump.. but you will decrease the amount of big dumps by people who earn alot right now... the more hands the better for dvc price in my mind. But dvc is worthless unless 2 takes place.

As of now only ways to spend dvc is to convert back to btc thus sell dvc but if a marketplace existed then you would have incentive to start holding as a market would force upwards pressure on a coin that is essentially at rock bottom.

As a summary as more ppl earn devcoins they all earn less instead of a few earning alot.. as you earn less you value the coin higher as you put in more work for less reward.. as more ppl earn also the higher chance of more coins being held. The more ways to spend then the more pressure upwards on the price as some will buy coins to use the marketplace which is the way that the price will rise.. as of now there is no incentive for the price to rise as it cant stand up on its own 2 feet yet.

This is why I brought up devcoin girl.. its the reason i invested in devcoin as it sparked my interest.. without it I may have overlooked the coin and just held ltc instead.

If we have more vids like a general crypto fan doing updates but wears a devcoin rocks tshirt paid with sole devcoin through an advertising campaign it would fo wonders if at the same time we had a marketplace to spend dvc.

So I think there should be ppl working on 1. ways to earn and 2. ways to spend they go hand in hand.

I'm down for making videos and having people make videos too, I'm just saying that no one is going to support it. I tried literally EXACTLY what you are talking about, I just didn't give her a script (and I didn't pay her if you plan on paying her) and I still got hated on like crazy for it.

I think the best way to do it right now, is just make videos yourself. Tell her that she should make videos (help her if you want, but don't expect other people to be happy about it, I don't know why, they just freak out. People even said I must have hired her on Fiverr. She was making Devcoin videos before I ever asked her to, and I still got hate for it.)

And even BETTER than making videos yourself, sell something for Devcoins. Then make videos of that company.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

Of course you could just sell your art directly for DeVCoins, if it is good enough that people will buy it why wouldn't people who have DeVCoins buy it?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:32:53 PM

Of course you could just sell your art directly for DeVCoins, if it is good enough that people will buy it why wouldn't people who have DeVCoins buy it?

-MarkM-

I'm not just looking to benefit myself. I would like this to turn into an opensource artbook, beatbook and maybe even eventually facebook.

And I'm going to add a review section to Devtome soon, we can have one, even if it's not official. And EVERYONE watches TV, or netflix or reads books or plays video games.

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:37:49 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 08:57:48 PM by smeagol

I've compiled a list of places that you can buy stuff with devcoin, though I'm not sure if all of them are active.

Devcoin Stores:

*may not be active

My plan:  Smiley
Devcoin hasn't been updated in a while, right?  I'm thinking about a "relaunch" in which we catch the devcoin client up to the new bitcoin-qt's code (with receiver files, etc.), and keep the blockchain.  I am just not sure if that is possible without a hardfork.  With the sleek new client, we could start offering bounties for stores, more exchanges, etc.  The publicity will bring in more writers, thus diluting the value of the share.  Since the new writers will have so little, they will sell for high prices (they want to make the most $$$), making the buyers go higher!

Improvements to devcoin:
I think the block reward should get cut every couple of months (maybe a gradual scale down to manageable values).  The number of coins is too high, so people sell for low!  For example, we are now at 45k foundation, 5k miners.  After a couple months, 40.5k foundation, 4.5k miners, decreasing the total block reward by 5k each split.  (The Megacoin block halving really killed the coin, gradual reduction is best).

I am no expert on cryptocurrencies so please do not be too harsh on me, but give some thought to my suggestions!
eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:41:05 PM

Thanks for the promotion, smeagol!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:43:26 PM

Devcoin Stores:

Nice. DVC is a growing Industry. I wonder if: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189317.0;topicseen Still exists

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:44:47 PM

Who would currently be the best person to direct people to when they are looking to join Devtome, I am going to make a new thread to promote this page:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=category:reviews

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:03:22 PM

Smeagol,16gyrVWagSBN77hGMtQDSJNU3hrPGGRfVq,2/5-Marketing(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Smeagol)

I have a leaderboard on my site (dvc4giftcards.us) as well as a link to devtome.  Factoring in the signature and the post, wouldn't that be 1+2+3+1=7/5?

(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_marketing#link)

Sorry for bringing this up again, I am trying the clarify!  Smiley
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 09:08:18 PM

Made a Devcoin review thread Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294953

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: