Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:44:26 AM

Contrary to the common belief that smoking the drug destroys memory, researchers have found that it could actually keep the brain young.
The team at Ohio State University found that specific elements of marijuana can be good for the ageing brain by reducing inflammation there and possibly even stimulating the formation of new brain cells.
The research suggests that the development of a legal drug that contains certain properties similar to those in marijuana might help prevent or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease.

The research, which was presented to the Society for Neuroscience, involved giving rats a constant dose of a cannabis derivative for three weeks.
A control group of rats received no intervention. In follow-up memory tests, in which rats were placed in a small swimming pool to determine how well they use visual cues to find a platform hidden under the surface of the water, the treated rats did better than the control rats in learning and remembering how to find the hidden platform.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3485163/Marijuana-may-improve-memory-and-help-fight-Alzheimers.html
-------------------------------------

Alzheimer's disease is the leading cause of dementia among the elderly, and with the ever-increasing size of this population, cases of Alzheimer's disease are expected to triple over the next 50 years. Consequently, the development of treatments that slow or halt the disease progression have become imperative to both improve the quality of life for patients as well as reduce the health care costs attributable to Alzheimer's disease. Here, we demonstrate that the active component of marijuana, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), competitively inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE) as well as prevents AChE-induced amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) aggregation, the key pathological marker of Alzheimer's disease. Computational modeling of the THC-AChE interaction revealed that THC binds in the peripheral anionic site of AChE, the critical region involved in amyloidgenesis. Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is a considerably superior inhibitor of Aβ aggregation, and this study provides a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may directly impact the progression of this debilitating disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/
A 2008 study even demonstrated that a THC-like substance reduced brain inflammation and improved memory in older rats.

The latest review, published in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, suggests that activating the brain’s cannabinoid system may trigger a sort of anti-oxidant cleanse, removing damaged cells and improving the efficiency of the mitochrondria, the energy source that powers cells, ultimately leading to a more robustly functioning brain.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/29/how-cannabinoids-may-slow-brain-aging/#ixzz2evvWbbhu

Prof. Yosef Sarne in the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology at Tel Aviv University says that [cannabis] … has neuroprotective qualities. He has found that extremely low doses of THC — the psychoactive component of marijuana — protects the brain from long-term cognitive damage in the wake of injury from hypoxia (lack of oxygen), seizures, or toxic drugs.

Previous studies focused on injecting high doses of THC within a very short time frame – approximately 30 minutes – before or after injury. Sarne’s papers in Behavioural Brain Research and Experimental Brain Research say that even extremely low doses of THC – around 1,000 to 10,000 times less than that in a conventional marijuana cigarette – administered over a wide window of 1 to 7 days before or 1 to 3 days after injury can jump-start biochemical processes which protect brain cells and preserve cognitive function over time.

… In the lab, the researchers injected mice with a single low dose of THC either before or after exposing them to brain trauma. A control group of mice sustained brain injury but did not receive the THC treatment. When the mice were examined 3 to 7 weeks after initial injury, recipients of the THC treatment performed better in behavioral tests measuring learning and memory. Additionally, biochemical studies showed heightened amounts of neuroprotective chemicals in the treatment group compared to the control group.

… This treatment, especially in light of the long time frame for administration and the low dosage, could be applicable to many cases of brain injury and be safer over time, Sarne says.

http://blog.norml.org/2013/06/06/studies-cannabinoids-protect-the-brain-and-heart-from-injury/#sthash.UhsBuBuT.dpuf

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:50:08 AM

I have no opinion one way or the other and respect everyone's right to free speech, but how about we get this thread back to devcoin/devtome related topics please.

The MJ talk would be better on a Devtome page or PM, and doesn't represent this thread very well. 

I tried to change the topic.

I have 30 books in the mail, waiting on those so I can write more history. And I am  currently writing a life story. I have over 10,000 words on it.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:53:20 AM

k how about this Im talking to the guy who got devcoim girl to make videos and I can get her to make more with a script we provide... so what kimd of share allocation does this provide? I think it cam be beneficial to her to do it since any youtube hits might also drive in profit.

Also if she does get paid im sure I can find more ppl to make vids about dvc talking about anythig we want... a spokesperson per say or random vids its up to us. We can judge quality length etc etc like writing.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:02:14 AM

k how about this Im talking to the guy who got devcoim girl to make videos and I can get her to make more with a script we provide... so what kimd of share allocation does this provide? I think it cam be beneficial to her to do it since any youtube hits might also drive in profit.

Also if she does get paid im sure I can find more ppl to make vids about dvc talking about anythig we want... a spokesperson per say or random vids its up to us. We can judge quality length etc etc like writing.

There is no way to get paid for videos with Devcoins yet. And if you get her to make a video, everyone is just going to say that all you were doing was getting a girl to make videos so guys would watch it. I didn't even give her a script, just encouraged her to make videos and got all kinds of hate.

meta.p02

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:08:52 AM

FinShaggy:

Would it be possible to set up a passthrough system such that people can get their essays posted to Devtome and receive payment directly in the currency of their choice (after selling DVC for BTC then buying their preferred currency)?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:51:49 AM

FinShaggy:

Would it be possible to set up a passthrough system such that people can get their essays posted to Devtome and receive payment directly in the currency of their choice (after selling DVC for BTC then buying their preferred currency)?

Maybe... But someone would have to be willing to not write their own articles, and just post other peoples. AND those people would have to be trustworthy.

Devcoin is exchangeable for a few coins on Vircurex I'm pretty sure too.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:04:58 AM

FinShaggy:

Part of paying people for writing for devtome and getting paid in devcoins is to propagate the Devcoin protocol; the Devcoin name and Currency.  It greatly undermines this goal and purpose of the devtome protocol if a system to bypass devcoin or to automatically dump devcoin is put into place. 

I realize many already sell their devcoins but some do not and changing the system to make it easier to sell devcoins or to never even get paid in devcoins would only accelerate the current drop in Devcoin's price while greatly mitigating the desired increase in currency uptake and velocity.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:41:31 AM

... It greatly undermines this goal and purpose ...
I agree. It’s already counter-productive to be paying uncapped dvc for existing publicly available blog posts and texts that have/would have written anyway and thus already been compensated for - just so they may be sold on. To then facilitate a direct pass-through not in dvc would make zero sense and simply maintain a constant net short dvc position. However whatever happens the decisions are and will be reflected in the price and flow, which in my opinion offer pretty self-evident guages of efficacy.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 03:25:36 PM

FinShaggy:

Part of paying people for writing for devtome and getting paid in devcoins is to propagate the Devcoin protocol; the Devcoin name and Currency.  It greatly undermines this goal and purpose of the devtome protocol if a system to bypass devcoin or to automatically dump devcoin is put into place.  

I realize many already sell their devcoins but some do not and changing the system to make it easier to sell devcoins or to never even get paid in devcoins would only accelerate the current drop in Devcoin's price while greatly mitigating the desired increase in currency uptake and velocity.

It's a good idea, don't attack him for it or anything, we just gotta wait for the video coin, or Devtome video section.

If we had more ways to get devcoin, there would be more devcoin supporters, and since their friends might hear about it there would be even more coming. And eventually, when there are more supporters, it will make your stock of coins more valuable individually.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 03:35:31 PM

What we honestly need to be doing is making Devcoin shops. (I am going to make a silver store and a book store when I can).

If you make a PURPOSE for Devcoin it makes people want to BUY devcoin AND earn devcoin. So really it is the BEST way to support the coin. Rather than hating on video making, or talking to Devcoin girl. You could make a page offering your own devcoins for video bounties too though.

eeh

Activity: 185

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:37:25 PM

FinShaggy,

I would love to help you with a silver store. Domain. Hosting. Whatever I can.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 03:38:04 PM

FinShaggy,

I would love to help you with a silver store. Domain. Hosting. Whatever I can.

How would I know everything would always be mine (or at least shared) if you were hosting? I'm not against this idea, just being cautious.

eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:41:53 PM

Hmm. Good point. You wouldn't I guess. I just like the idea of a silver store for DVC. I've been buying on amigametals and love the concept, but we definitely need the visibility on DVC. Just an idea.

Wanting to be helpful doesn't really translate into a valid offer of help considering trust *is* a major issue in the crypto world. I understand.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 03:45:50 PM

Hmm. Good point. You wouldn't I guess. I just like the idea of a silver store for DVC. I've been buying on amigametals and love the concept, but we definitely need the visibility on DVC. Just an idea.

Wanting to be helpful doesn't really translate into a valid offer of help considering trust *is* a major issue in the crypto world. I understand.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be just kicked out of my own company one day. And I don't see how we could go about drawing up contracts from a distance.

Maybe I can figure all that out eventually, but I'll probably just start in the forums anyhow. I made a forum with someone once, and he always says he'll backup my stuff, then it always disappears whenever he can't afford internet. We haven't had a website in months now.

eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:47:17 PM

Sounds good. I would love to help if you ever think of a way I can.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 03:48:38 PM

Sounds good. I would love to help if you ever think of a way I can.

Will do. I will probably be announcing all big changes, news and updates to the silver shop on this thread since it will be a DVC shop.

eeh

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:51:46 PM

Are you in Texas? I'm in San Antonio!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:01:00 PM

Are you in Texas? I'm in San Antonio!

No, Colorado.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:49:08 PM

And I don't see how we could go about drawing up contracts from a distance.

Uh, the same way you would draft a contract if you were sitting next to each other:

1) Write contract
2) Sign contract
3) Let other person sign contract
4) Done

I deal with inter-state (and inter-country) contracts on a regular basis. That's what the post office is for.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:01:23 PM

And I don't see how we could go about drawing up contracts from a distance.

Uh, the same way you would draft a contract if you were sitting next to each other:

1) Write contract
2) Sign contract
3) Let other person sign contract
4) Done

I deal with inter-state (and inter-country) contracts on a regular basis. That's what the post office is for.
That's not how contracts work. Don't you have to get it notarized, and the notary has to witness the signature?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: