Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:12:38 PM

I like the website as it's good for those who want to cash out. But at $1 cards for $1.95, and $2 cards for $2.95, the charges seem a bit excessive. Why not offer a $10 card for $10.95? That would be a more attractive option for cashing out, and you still get $0.95

Just asking

I changed it to $10 gift card for $11.95.
I got more $1 gift cards, I'll lower the price to $1 cards for $1.15

Edit: the $10 gift card image is $2, don't worry, I am changing it and you still will get a $10 GC

Thanks for boosting the card value, please make some still higher denominations. At:
http://giftcardbtc.com/

the denominations are 25$, 50$, and 100$. Those denominations bring the percentage cost down to a reasonable level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:26:57 PM

60 million DVC bought up today, price down to 34 sat. I have the feeling we're going to see a pump soon...

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

I like the website as it's good for those who want to cash out. But at $1 cards for $1.95, and $2 cards for $2.95, the charges seem a bit excessive. Why not offer a $10 card for $10.95? That would be a more attractive option for cashing out, and you still get $0.95

Just asking

Edit: the $10 gift card image is $2, don't worry, I am changing it and you still will get a $10 GC

Thanks for boosting the card value, please make some still higher denominations. At:
http://giftcardbtc.com/

the denominations are 25$, 50$, and 100$. Those denominations bring the percentage cost down to a reasonable level.

I don't have enough devtome earnings to exchange to bitcoin at the moment (I don't really feel like selling DVC either!) as I am a new writer, so I'll probably keep lower denominations, maybe going as high as 40$-50$.  I'll keep that in mind though!  For now I shall continue writing to get those denominations.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 06:47:15 PM

60 million DVC bought up today, price down to 34 sat. I have the feeling we're going to see a pump soon...

Yeah!  And with your newfound wealth you can stop by http://dvc4giftcards.us/!
 Wink Wink
Aegis (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 87

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:09:35 PM

EDIT:
dvc-amzn.us is being phased out.  You probably will be still able to access it for the next 12-14 hours or so.
I've registered dvc4giftcards.us which is the new site.

Check it out now!

Just asking

Going to be adding your site to the list within the next 24 hours.

- acs26/acs267
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:46:08 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 08:36:52 PM by acs267

Speaking of adding sites, I was thinking about making a store for DVC and BTC. (Probably LTC, too.)

Most likely a pantry like store. (Sweets, candy, etc.)

Would you guys shop there?
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:58:13 PM

Speaking of adding sites, I was thinking about making a store for DVC and BTC. (Probably LTC, too.)

Most likely a pantry like store. (Sweets, candy, pastries, packaged food, etc.)

Sounds like a great idea!
Will you carry sea salt caramels?  Smiley
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

I was checking out the web wallet, turns out it doesn't work anymore!

https://devda.ch/coins-wallet

It gives me an access denied error!
acs267

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:57:02 PM

Will you carry sea salt caramels?  Smiley
I don't know.

As soon as I get my Devcoin, I'm just going to buy a lot of candy and snakes. (Chips, cookies, etc.)

If I don't get sea salt caramels then, I'd get them when the site launches (Which would take some time to get the license.).
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

I don't know.

As soon as I get my Devcoin, I'm just going to buy a lot of candy and snakes. (Chips, cookies, etc.)

If I don't get sea salt caramels then, I'd get them when the site launches (Which would take some time to get the license.).

Business license?  Is devcoin income taxable?
acs267

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

I don't know.

Business license?  Is devcoin income taxable?

Good point. But the question is, will the state think Devcoin is taxable?
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:57:01 AM

I don't have enough devtome earnings to exchange to bitcoin at the moment (I don't really feel like selling DVC either!)

To start a devcoin business, it's ok to sell whatever devcoins you have to.

as I am a new writer, so I'll probably keep lower denominations, maybe going as high as 40$-50$.  I'll keep that in mind though!  For now I shall continue writing to get those denominations.

If you don't have enough money to buy high denomination cards, then to start the business, waive the fee for the first few customers, because people don't want to pay a fee of around twenty percent. Once you've sold a card, and someone writes a post that they bought one, then you'll get the bounty and will have enough money to buy big cards, and you can put reasonable fees on those cards.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:21:06 PM

I don't have enough devtome earnings to exchange to bitcoin at the moment (I don't really feel like selling DVC either!)

To start a devcoin business, it's ok to sell whatever devcoins you have to.

as I am a new writer, so I'll probably keep lower denominations, maybe going as high as 40$-50$.  I'll keep that in mind though!  For now I shall continue writing to get those denominations.

If you don't have enough money to buy high denomination cards, then to start the business, waive the fee for the first few customers, because people don't want to pay a fee of around twenty percent. Once you've sold a card, and someone writes a post that they bought one, then you'll get the bounty and will have enough money to buy big cards, and you can put reasonable fees on those cards.

All: If you aren't able to reach the site, my hosting provider is getting DDoSed  (apparently over 3 gigabytes of traffic, their firewall could not handle it).
It should be fine in about 6 hours or so.  Thank you!

Unthinkingbit: I will put up a coupon code page in which there is no extra fee once I can access the server.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:04:18 AM

Hey guys, Devcoin is past block 104000. My first devtome payment will be in this round 26 payments. When is the usual payout time for devtome?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

Hey guys, Devcoin is past block 104000. My first devtome payment will be in this round 26 payments. When is the usual payout time for devtome?

There is no "payout time". Each block sends out 90% of its minted coins to people on the recipients list. So where you are on the list determines which block will be one in which you are the recipient or one of the recipients that block, and it keeps looping through the list if there are not as many entries on the list as there are blocks in the 4000 block span of time the list is about.

Used to be you'd thus get some coins daily, but if there happen to be 4000 shares this month each would only get paid out once during the month.

Was nicer when there were way less than 4000 shares as, for example, if there are 400 shares each would end up being paid ten times in order to fill out the month of 4000 blocks of payouts to share out.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:43:23 AM

There is no "payout time". Each block sends out 90% of its minted coins to people on the recipients list. So where you are on the list determines which block will be one in which you are the recipient or one of the recipients that block, and it keeps looping through the list if there are not as many entries on the list as there are blocks in the 4000 block span of time the list is about.

Used to be you'd thus get some coins daily, but if there happen to be 4000 shares this month each would only get paid out once during the month.

Was nicer when there were way less than 4000 shares as, for example, if there are 400 shares each would end up being paid ten times in order to fill out the month of 4000 blocks of payouts to share out.

-MarkM-

Yeah, I view the system as kind of flawed in this perspective. For each new person we bring on board, our earnings decrease. It's counter-productive to recruit because of that. For example:

We each write 1k words. We have 10 people. Each share is then 10% of the total (18m).
We each write 1k words. We brought on 10 more people. Each share is then 5% of the total (9m).

The more people we bring on, the more work it takes each person in order to keep equal with their past earnings, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:59:57 AM

Yeah, I view the system as kind of flawed in this perspective. For each new person we bring on board, our earnings decrease. It's counter-productive to recruit because of that. For example:

We each write 1k words. We have 10 people. Each share is then 10% of the total (18m).
We each write 1k words. We brought on 10 more people. Each share is then 5% of the total (9m).

The more people we bring on, the more work it takes each person in order to keep equal with their past earnings, :p.

The more people we bring in, the more devcoin is worth, because the worth of a coin network increases in proportion to a power of the number of users. According to Metcalfe's Law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe%27s_law

it is according to the square of users. Although that's not a precise law, the power is certainly higher than one. In the case of devcoin, the more writers we have the higher our page rank, the more people know about the coin and the more businesses we have, which increases the coin value faster than the number of writers. Lately the value has been low, but that's from the whim of the market, if we had fewer writers, the price would be even lower.

In other words, more writers means more shares, but each share is worth more.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:08:26 AM

The more people we bring in, the more devcoin is worth, because the worth of a coin network increases in proportion to a power of the number of users. According to Metcalfe's Law:

it is according to the square of users. Although that's not a precise law, the power is certainly higher than one. In the case of devcoin, the more writers we have the higher our page rank, the more people know about the coin and the more businesses we have, which increases the coin value faster than the number of writers. Lately the value has been low, but that's from the whim of the market, if we had fewer writers, the price would be even lower.

I think that we should delay payouts even longer so they can be more valuable to writers, rather than just selling as soon as they land it the wallet.  The longer people have to wait, the more they will say, "savor" their payout and the less likely to sell!  Also recruiting is good too.  The smaller the share, the harder you need to work for the same payout.  As seen in this "quotable quote."

“The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become once you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for and worth fighting for.”
-Susan Gale
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:06:53 PM

Also its exponential as people have incentive to hold instead of dump. As more ppl come on price rises ppl hold it rises more.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 10:09:11 PM

-MarkM-

There's a flip side to that which unthkingbit touched on.  This is a fiat currency and if you look at the formula for valuing any fiat one very important variable is the velocity of money. This is the turnover rate.  That means the larger your user base the more devcoins are being turned over (over the same given timeframe) thus creating an effective higher demand and a higher value for that underlying fiat.

This phenomenon does take time but the model devcoin has in play is sound and we should see results.  There are no guarantees but this coin is very promising if you're looking out a couple years.  I plan to accumulate with actual cash and I feel confident once Bitcoin gets the ETF license we'll see a much bigger and vast global hype and massive sudden rise in awareness which will dwarf the spike in April of this year.

It's coming and it's gonna be a monster media blitzkrieg like we haven't seen since the Internet boom, only this will be much bigger, volatile and downright violent!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: