Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:21:37 AM

1 customer now...

Review of ‘Amazon gift cards for Devcoins’:
http://dvc4giftcards.us/home.html

Bought a $1 gift card with DVC. Very quick and straightforward, with a choice of card denominations. Great to see another enterprise utilising Devcoin as a means of payment. Process was as simple as selecting value required, entering name and email address (and whether gift card code is required via email or bitcointalk pm under ‘note to seller’) then transferring the sum of DVC to the address provided and waiting for confirmations to complete (6 confirmations).

A preliminary email was also received prior to sending DVC, which adds a sense of certainty about the process before finally committing.  I only have positive things to say about the portal and the process. Good work.

For his successful Amazon Gift Card Business, Smeagol gets 12 shares, plus another 3 for a non mining business.

For his post, Weisoq gets 2 shares. All of these bounties are in round 27:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bounty_27.csv

To give more incentive for people to try out the business, I was going to sweeten the bounty for only the first post with two million devcoins. So I sent those to Weisoq. After I sent the devcoins to Weisoq, I realized that I sent roughly half as many as the bounty for actually making the business, which is much harder, so also I sent two million to Smeagol to balance everything.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:42:04 AM

sthis could be one heck of a venture.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 01:20:42 PM

60 million DVC bought up today, price down to 34 sat. I have the feeling we're going to see a pump soon...

looked to me like 60 million was dumped on about the 1st Sept driving price down to below 0.000000020 or am i wrong?

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:38:50 PM

For his successful Amazon Gift Card Business, Smeagol gets 12 shares, plus another 3 for a non mining business.

To give more incentive for people to try out the business, I was going to sweeten the bounty for only the first post with two million devcoins. So I sent those to Weisoq. After I sent the devcoins to Weisoq, I realized that I sent roughly half as many as the bounty for actually making the business, which is much harder, so also I sent two million to Smeagol to balance everything.
Thanks but could you put my 2 shares towards founding (or add to if one already exists) a bounty for completion of the Devcoin animation/video. There was an effort already underway - by marticps - which was looking pretty good so far but I don't know how it's left. When the video is done I will also pay 1 million dvc myself to the animator, who can decide for themselves if they want to split that with anyone else involved.

(Appreciate I could just do this myself, but there’s a risk I’ll just forget or be busy with other things so would like it to be administered like other bounties if possible – quite happy to also back up the incentive by sending you back one million dvc to hold in escrow).
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

I'm not finding

https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_99.csv

or 

https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_earnings_99.csv

on the charity git.
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:27:14 PM

They're just for testing, they don't affect earnings in any way. I don't know why I uploaded them in the past, or why they dropped out, but since they're unnecessary I won't put them back up.

eeh

Activity: 185

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:28:31 PM

OK. Thanks. I was getting concerned.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:39:29 PM

1 customer now...

Review of ‘Amazon gift cards for Devcoins’:
http://dvc4giftcards.us/home.html

Bought a $1 gift card with DVC. Very quick and straightforward, with a choice of card denominations. Great to see another enterprise utilising Devcoin as a means of payment. Process was as simple as selecting value required, entering name and email address (and whether gift card code is required via email or bitcointalk pm under ‘note to seller’) then transferring the sum of DVC to the address provided and waiting for confirmations to complete (6 confirmations).

A preliminary email was also received prior to sending DVC, which adds a sense of certainty about the process before finally committing.  I only have positive things to say about the portal and the process. Good work.

Thank you, I got the devcoins!   Smiley
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:41:55 PM

2 shares towards founding (or add to if one already exists) a bounty for completion of the Devcoin animation/video.

I agree with weisoq that an animation or video for devcoin, like the bitcoin video, would be a good publicity medium.  I would be willing to write a couple thousand words to contribute to the bounty as well, if needed  Smiley.
x^2

Activity: 73

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:55:10 PM

Hello, Devcoiners!

I am the founder of the Parabola Project!  We are aiming to create an innovative new coin with multiple services on launch, such as stores, faucets, exchanges, and more!  To support that, we are creating a 5% dev fund, in which every 94th block has six times the coins, but 5/6 of those coins go to the dev wallet.  I have noticed that devcoin has the same thing, though with a 90% dev fund.  I am interested in the mechanism of that fund and how we can implement it into parabolas!

Thanks
xsquared

I am still seeking assistance!  Smiley

I don't understand the problem. The source code explicitly explicates the mechanism by which the fund is funded.

So maybe you want somehow an explication of how it happens to be the case that very often when Unthinkingbit proposes an expenditure from the fund be scheduled he doesn't get shot down?

Or maybe you want an explication of how it happens to be the case that some addresses get added into the list of recipient addresses and some do not?

Or maybe an explication of how it happens that some get removed from the list?

Or what?

NOTE: Please be so kind as to continue this line of query in the thread you linked above, or create a thread specifically about "Who gets to be on DeVCoin's disbursements lists, what for, for how long" type of topic.

-MarkM-

How do receiver files work? is my base question.

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
Apheration

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:38:00 PM

Hello, Devcoiners!

I am the founder of the Parabola Project!  We are aiming to create an innovative new coin with multiple services on launch, such as stores, faucets, exchanges, and more!  To support that, we are creating a 5% dev fund, in which every 94th block has six times the coins, but 5/6 of those coins go to the dev wallet.  I have noticed that devcoin has the same thing, though with a 90% dev fund.  I am interested in the mechanism of that fund and how we can implement it into parabolas!

Thanks
xsquared

I am still seeking assistance!  Smiley

I don't understand the problem. The source code explicitly explicates the mechanism by which the fund is funded.

So maybe you want somehow an explication of how it happens to be the case that very often when Unthinkingbit proposes an expenditure from the fund be scheduled he doesn't get shot down?

Or maybe you want an explication of how it happens to be the case that some addresses get added into the list of recipient addresses and some do not?

Or maybe an explication of how it happens that some get removed from the list?

Or what?

NOTE: Please be so kind as to continue this line of query in the thread you linked above, or create a thread specifically about "Who gets to be on DeVCoin's disbursements lists, what for, for how long" type of topic.

-MarkM-

Have you read the devtome wiki?  There is a section on how the receiver files work
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#receiver_files
x^2

Activity: 73

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:12:02 AM

Have you read the devtome wiki?  There is a section on how the receiver files work
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#receiver_files

Thank you!  I'm taking a look right now.

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 07:48:27 PM

My brother died and I kinda fell off the face of the internet. But I'm back, and I posted a couple thousand words to Devtome.

I am writing a book that will have a good summary of Ancient History and I thought I would share the rough draft with Devtome as I wrote it.
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=ancient_history_by_finshaggy_aka_hannibalimhotep

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
weisoq

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:56:34 PM

I agree with weisoq that an animation or video for devcoin, like the bitcoin video, would be a good publicity medium.  I would be willing to write a couple thousand words to contribute to the bounty as well, if needed  Smiley.
In terms of the animation so far by marticps I wrote a simple shortish script and jasinlee was going to do a voiceover when complete. The project has stalled over the summer due to holidays - in fairness to marticps he was honest about time constraints and amount of time it takes to build - which is why I want to offer firm shares/payment from me to at least contribute something to the effort it takes. That doesn't preclude anyone else having a go though if it's of decent quality (there was some earlier discussion on the thread about a video with ideas/opinions if anybody's interested).

Unthinkingbit - can I assume then that you're ok with passing over my shares towards that bounty? Also, is your address on the receiver files the best one to send 1m dvc to?
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:19:09 AM

My brother died and I kinda fell off the face of the internet. But I'm back, and I posted a couple thousand words to Devtome.

I am writing a book that will have a good summary of Ancient History and I thought I would share the rough draft with Devtome as I wrote it.

FinShaggy!  I remember you!  How's it going?
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:55:48 AM

Unthinkingbit - can I assume then that you're ok with passing over my shares towards that bounty? Also, is your address on the receiver files the best one to send 1m dvc to?

Yup, I'll add it to the first person who makes an animation. My address on the receiver files is the best one, but I don't want the extra work of handling an escrow, so please send it directly to whoever makes it.

For the animation, I suggest a 48 share bounty for the first devcoin animation which is at least 3 minutes long, and 24 shares for the second. If there is a dispute over the quality of the animation, it would be voted on by three randomly chosen admins willing to rate stuff, a range vote of 50 or more on a scale of 0 to 99 would be enough to get the award.

I'm not sure about the three minute minimum length, is that about right? I don't want to make the minimum too long because people have a short attention span on the internet.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 06:41:56 AM

FinShaggy!  I remember you!  How's it going?

Good. I'm reading a lot. I've got a list of like 80+ books to get through, and I'm going to use them to help me write my own book.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 02:03:39 PM

I saw a "tome" about Alexander the Great and it only had like 4 sentences, lol. I'll be summarizing a few books about Alexander soon Smiley (and most of BC history)

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 03:44:46 PM

Can someone hook me up with a link to the page with the recent script runs, I haven't been on for a while and I totally don't know how to find it now.

weisoq

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:51:52 PM

Yup, I'll add it to the first person who makes an animation. My address on the receiver files is the best one, but I don't want the extra work of handling an escrow, so please send it directly to whoever makes it.

For the animation, I suggest a 48 share bounty for the first devcoin animation which is at least 3 minutes long, and 24 shares for the second. If there is a dispute over the quality of the animation, it would be voted on by three randomly chosen admins willing to rate stuff, a range vote of 50 or more on a scale of 0 to 99 would be enough to get the award.

I'm not sure about the three minute minimum length, is that about right? I don't want to make the minimum too long because people have a short attention span on the internet.
Ok thanks that's great, if others agree. Fair enough on the quality issue and on the escrow - I'll keep a look out for any progress re payout, but anyone can feel free to remind/msg me if I forget (to be clear any payment from me is for the animator not the scriptwriter - I'm looking to help getting it done not paying myself).

Timing - I think that's about right. From what I remember my script template was about 900 words, likely less if/when edited into a voiceover to an animation.

Fin: http://d.evco.in/charity/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: