Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:31:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Apheration

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:29:36 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 01:10:43 AM by Apheration

New round!

There's one writer whose articles are in limbo because an article admin flagged them, then didn't follow up. So I won't run devtome.py until that's resolved or Friday, whichever comes first.

Almost New round!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:52:11 AM

New round!

Round 28 goes to 109,300.  Correct?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:01:54 AM

New round!

Round 28 goes to 109,300.  Correct?

You got it!

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

New round!

There's one writer whose articles are in limbo because an article admin flagged them, then didn't follow up. So I won't run devtome.py until that's resolved or Friday, whichever comes first.

FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:15:55 AM

New round!

If it's me, I want to let you know there are tons of trolls who stalk me all over the internet, so if the articles are mine and the admin is new since my brother died, it is probably just a troll, as I have noticed them follow me to gaiaonline, as well as this website and in the past even Facebook, one troll made a fake account and masturbated on a pic of my sister and sent it to her, and tried to have cycber sex with my friends list. He just made a profile with my real name, and uploaded an old picture that people from my home state would recognize.

If it's not about me, then I guess all this was pointless. But, if it is me, then this can probably help it get resolved. I didn't do anything wrong, it's most likely just a stalker if it's my articles.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:30:53 AM

Back to the subject of Devcoin.

I have 2 textbooks coming in the mail, one was pretty expensive and covers what most of my ancient history page is about, but in extreme detail, and from further before and further after.

Right now I've got 30 books total coming in the mail, and if I can get enough Devcoins over the next few months, I want to start traveling and take pictures of the places I am writing about. That would just be awesome. Then I could add the pictures to the writing.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:45:21 AM

If it's me, I want to let you know there are tons of trolls who stalk me all over the internet...

That was WAY too much information!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 01:47:19 AM

New round!

If it's me, I want to let you know there are tons of trolls who stalk me all over the internet...

Well, it's all out there on the internet, so no point in trying to keep it secret. And if it is me, that is the quickest way to resolve it.

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:40:02 AM

New round!

If it's me, I want to let you know there are tons of trolls who stalk me all over the internet, so if the articles are mine and the admin is new since my brother died, it is probably just a troll, as I have noticed them follow me to gaiaonline, as well as this website and in the past even Facebook, one troll made a fake account and masturbated on a pic of my sister and sent it to her, and tried to have cycber sex with my friends list. He just made a profile with my real name, and uploaded an old picture that people from my home state would recognize.

If it's not about me, then I guess all this was pointless. But, if it is me, then this can probably help it get resolved. I didn't do anything wrong, it's most likely just a stalker if it's my articles.

I'm not sure but I think it might be me as I have not been showing up on the receiver files.  I cannot guess why I would be flagged though...
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 02:18:09 PM

New round!

I'm not sure but I think it might be me as I have not been showing up on the receiver files.  I cannot guess why I would be flagged though...

I was reading your article on how to start your own religion, and I know it's a joke, but since it IS labeled "How to start your own Religion", I just thought maybe I could point you in the direction of some deeper reading material, as what you wrote seemed to be formed by pop culture.

There are many pamphlets/books/etc by Timothy Leary (and others) in the 60s, a notable one is "Start Your Own Religion".
There are also books such as "The New Testament" (Mainly the letters to the Philistines) and "The Mormon Bible" which cover this topic pretty well too.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 02:51:33 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 03:26:16 PM by FinShaggy

Alright, I started this before I left the internet. But I am going to start it up again.

Last time didn't go so good, I found a video of a girl talking about Devcoin, and everyone decided to hate on it. Then I posted about ideas I had for my coins (I made $2000) and instead of support, I got criticism and pure pessimism, so I just bought video games for my living brother and myself, as well as sun glasses for my sister and some memory for everyone's computer.

But this time, I have a plan whether or not I have support.

My YouTube videos did fine, and each has 100+ views and growing, sharing news about what Devcoin is.
Devcoin Girl's video did good too, it is actually working to let more people know that Devcoin exists.

So, what I plan to do is this.

Write a book, by buying over 200 other books and summarizing them (Already through 3, and have 30 in the mail), review those books on Amazon as I finish reading them. Also post reviews to forums.
As my own book is written break it into smaller e-books to publish on Amazon for Kindle readers.
As I get to a large number of books read, I will turn around and make a website where I can then use my own reviews and list the books I have read for sale in exchange for DVC/BTC & USD.
Then eventually I want to turn that into a website where people can get paid to post reviews on books and movies they have seen, probably in Devcoins since I should have a good number by this point.
Then I plan on buying more modern books, reviewing and selling those.

All while making videos for YouTube.

And as a result, more writers will come to Devtome, which people may not like at first. But the more writers there are on Devtome, the more people there are who want Devcoins, which also leads to the possibility of them sharing the idea of Devcoins with another new person. And on and on.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:28:31 PM

Whats the verdict on the flagged writer? I'm dying to know what the results of this round are...
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:34:42 PM

Alright, I started this before I left the internet. But I am going to start it up again.

Last time didn't go so good, I found a video of a girl talking about Devcoin, and everyone decided to hate on it. Then I posted about ideas I had for my coins (I made $2000) and instead of support, I got criticism and pure pessimism, so I just bought video games for my living brother and myself, as well as sun glasses for my sister and some memory for everyone's computer.

My YouTube videos did fine, and each has 100+ views and growing, sharing news about what Devcoin is.
Devcoin Girl's video did good too, it is actually working to let more people know that Devcoin exists.

Write a book, by buying over 200 other books and summarizing them (Already through 3, and have 30 in the mail), review those books on Amazon as I finish reading them. Also post reviews to forums.
As my own book is written break it into smaller e-books to publish on Amazon for Kindle readers.
As I get to a large number of books read, I will turn around and make a website where I can then use my own reviews and list the books I have read for sale in exchange for DVC/BTC & USD.
Then eventually I want to turn that into a website where people can get paid to post reviews on books and movies they have seen, probably in Devcoins since I should have a good number by this point.

And as a result, more writers will come to Devtome, which people may not like at first. But the more writers there are on Devtome, the more people there are who want Devcoins, which also leads to the possibility of them sharing the idea of Devcoins with another new person. And on and on.

I like what you said about getting paid about doing reviews on books/movies thats gold! Wow why not open it up to them, lets create a movie review/book review website and offer money to those giving star rating to books etc, and ANYONE can offer their opinion for DVC? Ofcourse this probably won't drive in Ebert but I don't usually care what the big critics think anyways, most of the time I want a review from an average person because no one has time to watch a million movies in their lifetime anyway.

Thinking some more, of course the con's of having anyone offer insight into books/movies is that it won't be a good review. Language and grammer etc might be an issue, well we can have reviewers for this which get paid as a fraction of writing makes. Also we can layout a template for books/movies reviews by setting up basic questions that are asked by most people about the movie like what did you like most about it? What did you hate most about it? Would you watch it again? What movie's do you recommend that are like this one? This way it gives structure to the reviews and information is easy to find. As more people review the same movie an average rating can emerge and you get a good idea about the book/movie reviewed, similar to the IMDB rating.

You can have an open forum for each book/movie and people can write unstructured here talking about it like IMDB offers, but because people get paid they will offer better insight. Obviously quality must be reviewed and those reviewers/spell and grammer checkers would also be paid for doing work.

Sounds pretty cool to me.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 06:50:18 PM

I like what you said about getting paid about doing reviews on books/movies thats gold! Wow why not open it up to them, lets create a movie review/book review website and offer money to those giving star rating to books etc, and ANYONE can offer their opinion for DVC? Ofcourse this probably won't drive in Ebert but I don't usually care what the big critics think anyways, most of the time I want a review from an average person because no one has time to watch a million movies in their lifetime anyway.

Thinking some more, of course the con's of having anyone offer insight into books/movies is that it won't be a good review. Language and grammer etc might be an issue, well we can have reviewers for this which get paid as a fraction of writing makes. Also we can layout a template for books/movies reviews by setting up basic questions that are asked by most people about the movie like what did you like most about it? What did you hate most about it? Would you watch it again? What movie's do you recommend that are like this one? This way it gives structure to the reviews and information is easy to find. As more people review the same movie an average rating can emerge and you get a good idea about the book/movie reviewed, similar to the IMDB rating.

You can have an open forum for each book/movie and people can write unstructured here talking about it like IMDB offers, but because people get paid they will offer better insight. Obviously quality must be reviewed and those reviewers/spell and grammer checkers would also be paid for doing work.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

That would be a good idea, have a few questions to answer so it's not just like "Good Movie". lol

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

New round!

Well, it's all out there on the internet, so no point in trying to keep it secret. And if it is me, that is the quickest way to resolve it.

It was not on any website I visited and I don't believe it was appropriate for this forum.  Thanks for understanding.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:56:54 PM

New round!

It was not on any website I visited and I don't believe it was appropriate for this forum.  Thanks for understanding.

Well it was on Facebook. I'm not worried about it though, was just trying to help out.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:13:18 PM

In addition to the post below, I have been playing around with the idea of buy some silver just in case, and I had a pretty good idea.

I'm going to buy some silver, and start selling silver for BTC & DVC. That way Devcoin will have a good solid use, then the bookstore (As explained below) can start sooner also.

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:01:01 PM

Whats the verdict on the flagged writer? I'm dying to know what the results of this round are...

That was me!  (some collated vs. original stuff)  I only got about 5 shares or so, so you'll still get a lot.  Smiley
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:52:09 PM

That was me!  (some collated vs. original stuff)  I only got about 5 shares or so, so you'll still get a lot.  Smiley

Sweet, I have an .exe in the works for you too Cheesy
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:45:49 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 03:03:44 AM by Unthinkingbit

The round 27 devtome word earnings are pasted below and at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_earnings_27.csv

Acs26,1pK5e7YxixmERU617STiXgiGdnactBQrT,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Acs26)
BitcoinAlchemist,1JBmwfJ4HmxTDDYwZY1rC63xR9h8Usqtat,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:BitcoinAlchemist)
CryptoAddicto,1DKhy7jj8oB53iGZYrWzDSfcVoKHjsuxaa,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:CryptoAddicto)
Cryptopi,16wwpo6sJeFFWMnSy7ySa62mZLTAWohyP7,13-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Cryptopi)
DeadSea33,1A9qwtctYmYrCKSegy7RrNCUJxuohwFQmD,4-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:DeadSea33)
Devguy,1QAZtw4SYaMfceg55uL2yarTnDtjySSyXz,15-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Devguy)
Eeharris,1CfWWyDNUeioJc7TBnqDBDyQKJUYwT7S2Z,55-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Eeharris)
Fheenix,1JvdsgxiJQYAJSE4Tjs3BWbXZk6Kw9mxnB,69-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Fheenix)
FinShaggy,1Cz5aivRFToakTozfch7iZXSY2YBwd9qQZ,15-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:FinShaggy)
Ftgcoin,1BjhhLoE7mJdy8Mw1mNAgceJ7tP2tPnySF,16-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Ftgcoin)
FuzzyBear,18xskifRMWUtMzbHSzQi7rEWF5upmktgF2,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:FuzzyBear)
Grantbills,1Dz6fEZma7bUwnGo44yRjgduP71cWtkgS4,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Grantbills)
Hellinoos,1GnJic1ATC7R7cbzBR6Q7Yqziv7bwj8aQY,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Hellinoos)
JackRussell,1CcWpm9HSqZwE96H3SeB7V1QGUhGHfxJh,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:JackRussell)
Jessiewaterfield,1BjvzSbfC2MhAVG2xvhkjuXZxApB8CgCnn,5-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Jessiewaterfield)
Jungle_dave,14itNE5APTMtXzNZteDeZNkNH2AUJQY1Zh,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Jungle_dave)
Knotwork,121Pb2BBrU7C61vBdWCKVuFFmaEZr6xFAX,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Knotwork)
Matt2416,19wkReFDngXWYvqrC7g96SD3uuqR5P8ahX,4-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Matt2416)
Metallicsoul92,1MZbzzaLJfZb6tkwgBbGX5ayeCbQJaYDwc,2-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Metallicsoul92)
Mistercoin,1PxUC79jXvZRbewCeRLPm9gtUbzWGdC2h8,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Mistercoin)
Mosinnagant,17vec4jQGCzMEsTnivizHPaowE715tu2CB,13-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Mosinnagant)
Nsddev,1F5uDaCF8ZP6kiLHvDhWsSNPHP6kwt7udi,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Nsddev)
Pb321go,1BCLJDtMgucGgFE9GxKpeBZ2r1Ho5kuBso,8-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Pb321go)
Penguinwriter,1LNL1Zrg5h2z8m9c48fgdMx2uXmN3S5Kch,8-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Penguinwriter)
Physicalartcoin,1CPQPfVT9KLsYWpbBhq7sraL9XyxCJ16yB,28-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Physicalartcoin)
Raptorak,1ASdsZ1JUwtVXDfYBx7MRNMeHQ8J51pSRw,48-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Raptorak)
Shakezula,1AyjX2QpTYFnmMFnzD3A2sqosfrrMuKbcz,49-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Shakezula)
Shortstain,1NNRTWBA5PLVUwHsgCwQ6XTerak59VQCjL,53-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Shortstain)
Smeagol,16gyrVWagSBN77hGMtQDSJNU3hrPGGRfVq,5-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Smeagol)
Thedischarger,1KZKMYixw4PDtu5ZbKqrahRWeAgputuVoc,3-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Thedischarger)
Veruminnumeris,1KZZaLCMPTh9tiNZ7JDXeZUjr6yPYYwtGD,12-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Veruminnumeris)
Vilmanoella,14wvMyGUXvJpdW2GbKWCEsMDw5s5Ay2F4r,5-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Vilmanoella)
Wiser,1LpoMowMPEVWk2LaJUdAUNaK7gBDRA1r7F,22-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Wiser)
Wolf,1PrXnipPcdfNxANzxX1MTy6ko4RM8VNukm,1-Word Count(http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:Wolf)

They are generated by devtome.py:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome.py

The word counts for each writer are at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_27.csv

The word earnings were generated on 2013-09-13, and the total word counts follow below.

Collated Word Count: 655,615
Collated Weighted Word Count: 196,677
Original Word Count: 3,054,571
Total Word Count: 3,710,186
Total Weighted Word Count: 3,262,298

Alexa no longer shows page views publicly. The devtome rank is 436,630:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/devtome.com#

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: