Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058407 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ThinkI

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

Hi I am new to DevCoin and DevTome so forgive me if I am going over ground already covered. I do have a little marketing experience and from this point of view I think as follows:

If we want more visitors clicking adds then we need to encourage the type of writing that brings visitors to click adds.

We should be able to find out what is popular from the ad provider.

Regarding press releases in general:
With a bit of planning you could announce a collection of short stories on some seasonal or otherwise relevant theme.

Similarly, I noticed a collection of natural remedies (did not read them so may be wrong) was growing in DevTome. So again, with a little planning and some organization of the content you could announce this.

In this way we can package parts of DevTome into products that are of interest to particular groups of people.
At the same time you will be attracting people that wish to contribute on specific themes. If you choose themes that attract audiences that click on adds then you have a way of increasing revenue.

I am willing to have a go at this to see if it has any sticking power.

Earn DevCoins by doing stuff you enjoy! Cool
BTC: 1AxYGFDnnw1PUo8TbQ83PCrenjQJBYU41Z | DVC: 1HKK5tswf8mXGsQng5naNEeqY44ZTHD3MY
Is this the best way to mine BitCoin?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:01:12 PM

Novacadian told me that when he tried to write on Devtome about his game, he was told such writing did not qualify because the game was not a free open source game.

That was my misunderstanding, MarkM. My apologies for the misinformation.

On another note, it is great seeing the wonderful brainstorming going on with regard to share payments.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
Orgcoin.org

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

Was trying to go through some more recent / updated devcoin sources.
Stumbled on this.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/

Not positive but I don't think it's legit.  The first thing that caught my attention was the .jar packaging.
Figured I'd bring it to the attention of the DevCoin community.

Its the new official sources to devcoin it is the cross platform java installer.. will be a web installer on devcoin.org soon.. have a read of the code please read the android code too... code is on github/sidhujag... I used sourceforge just to distriubute my test releases since its not finalized.

Ok, sorry about that.  This project is remarkably hard to track in terms of the most recent code base.

Pardon if this has already been asked before, but do you happen to have a git repo on github or somewhere?  I'd like to look at the sources without running an external executable.  I've been working on a fork of the knotwork devcoin-qt and updating it to the latest bitcoin sources.  Don't want to duplicate work that's already done/being done.
ThinkI

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:35:40 PM

On the Marketing side the number of Forums counted for income seems a bit limited. Assuming I understand it correctly? Its hard to get BitCoinTalk members interested in 40s Music for example.

If you want more readers and ad clicks then expanding the Marketing possibilities may have an effect.

Earn DevCoins by doing stuff you enjoy! Cool
BTC: 1AxYGFDnnw1PUo8TbQ83PCrenjQJBYU41Z | DVC: 1HKK5tswf8mXGsQng5naNEeqY44ZTHD3MY
Is this the best way to mine BitCoin?
emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:37:42 PM

It's time for another DVC press release Smiley

Please PM me with any ideas you might have re what should be mentioned in the upcoming press release.

Is the new windows QT wallet up yet on the website? Can someone please give me the download link?

I was thinking of focussing this press release on the new windows QT wallet and the redesign of the Devcoin.org website Smiley

Have we got press releases earlier? a link please Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

I'd like to propose a bounty for a devcoin auction site.

How many shares would be appropriate, based on difficulty?

I'd propose 45 shares, because the animation was around that as well.

Any objections or changes?
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:19:50 PM

It's time for another DVC press release Smiley

Please PM me with any ideas you might have re what should be mentioned in the upcoming press release.

Is the new windows QT wallet up yet on the website? Can someone please give me the download link?

I was thinking of focussing this press release on the new windows QT wallet and the redesign of the Devcoin.org website Smiley

Have we got press releases earlier? a link please Smiley

The last one was in early December..

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/devcoin-dvc-value-increases-300-073504074.html

and also this one...

http://marketersmedia.com/devcoin-dvc-at-its-highest-dollar-value-yet-continues-to-make-the-world-a-better-place/29226

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:22:32 PM

If someone can pull that off they might also need an ongoing bounty for monthly upkeep and maintenance of the site.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:30:45 PM

Was trying to go through some more recent / updated devcoin sources.
Stumbled on this.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/

Not positive but I don't think it's legit.  The first thing that caught my attention was the .jar packaging.
Figured I'd bring it to the attention of the DevCoin community.

Its the new official sources to devcoin it is the cross platform java installer.. will be a web installer on devcoin.org soon.. have a read of the code please read the android code too... code is on github/sidhujag... I used sourceforge just to distriubute my test releases since its not finalized.

Ok, sorry about that.  This project is remarkably hard to track in terms of the most recent code base.

Pardon if this has already been asked before, but do you happen to have a git repo on github or somewhere?  I'd like to look at the sources without running an external executable.  I've been working on a fork of the knotwork devcoin-qt and updating it to the latest bitcoin sources.  Don't want to duplicate work that's already done/being done.

Did you read my post carefully? http://github.com/sidhujag/devcoin

its done but your welcome to try and we can compare or you can do 0.8.6.. should be a small update. Although we havent finalized this one yet.. thats why its hard to find.

If your going down that road you should look at rsnels fixes for i0coin which knotwork doesnt address.. these are changes related to auxpow memory vs disk that is ontop of any bitcoin+namecoin addon
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:46:49 PM

I have a question. Upon searching my name in devtome a few things come up, my page (the wiki) and then ratings on my work... I am wondering though does all work get rated? I have a lot of articles and only a few got rated. Is it just that we do not have enough admins to rate the work?  
Thanks,
-AM
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:49:39 PM

I have a question. Upon searching my name in devtome a few things come up, my page (the wiki) and then ratings on my work... I am wondering though does all work get rated? I have a lot of articles and only a few got rated. Is it just that we do not have enough admins to rate the work?  
Thanks,
-AM

Not everything gets rated.  Great question, Thanos!  A community thrives if all of its members are knowledgeable.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:25:51 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 06:45:19 PM by markm

If someone can pull that off they might also need an ongoing bounty for monthly upkeep and maintenance of the site.

The animation was an original work.

The new email stuff for a new forum is some original work placed on top of an existing off the shelf forum system.

An auction site is simply clicking install on an off the shelf auctions system and maybe entering some categories and maybe plugging in some kind of plugin or module that enables cryptocurrencies instead of fiat to be used.

Actually I don't know if the off the shelf auction systems even handle currency themselves directly at all as in automated payments automated commissions and so on, if they do not - if all the actual money is handled externally to the scripts that run the forum - then you are talking about just installing a web-app and hosting it. Then things like moderators or whatever as on-going expenses.

How hard can it be to just install an off the shelf web-app?

Seems to me maybe everything is getting wildly inflated.

Per the authors thing, consider that since wikipedia is free open source content, any existing wikipedia author who already does 10 hours per week of work on wikipedia could in principle be considered qualified as a developer thus get one share. If they were working on something specifically needed by the DeVCoin project - which for instance we could even claim Devtome qualifies as - then they could qualify with only ten hours per month.

So just with that much in place we could tell wikipedia authors they could get the same pay (one share every round) doing only ten hours per month of work for Devtome as they could get by doing forty hours per month for wikipedia or any other not directly DeVCoin-needed free open source writing.

A key thing here is the idea was to reward people who already without pay spend lots of hours creating free open source stuff.

A lot of why they don't tend to "dump" the coins is the coins are, to them, free extras, tips, something they never even need to think about because they already as a lifestyle always spent many hours creating free open source stuff. They basically go like oh cool, sure, a steady stream of tips that might some year turn out to be valuable, thanks a lot, but I am already making free open source stuff anyway so pardon me if I just leave those coins on a back burner for a few years until they add up to a nice reward for all my years of freely working on free open source stuff...

Nowadays instead it seems we have a bunch of professional author cum barracks-lawyers gobbling up all the money so the people originally intended to benefit - the people who already put in huge numbers of hours year after year freely creating free open source stuff - are finding their rewards are hardly even worth bothering to count up to see if the year has come yet to cash them in.

(Which is yet another reason they don't dump, it is like huh I got maybe $61 this month? Sheesh lets give it another few years to see if it ever becomes even worth the time it would take to set up a wallet to access the damn things...)

-MarkM-

EDIT: Is there a way to see your latest edits? I wrote some stuff a while back and did not link it to my user-page so was going to look at my last edits lists to find it but cannot find a list of the last edits that i did...

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:44:26 PM

I found nothing on the devcoin forum so: Is there an organigram of the board members somewhere ? Is there a log with all the descisions they took for devcoin/devtome ?

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:52:05 PM

Seems to me maybe everything is getting wildly inflated.

Per the authors thing, consider that since wikipedia is free open source content, any existing wikipedia author who already does 10 hours per week of work on wikipedia could in principle be considered qualified as a developer thus get one share. If they were working on something specifically needed by the DeVCoin project - which for instance we could even claim Devtome qualifies as - then they could qualify with only ten hours per month.

So just with that much in place we could tell wikipedia authors they could get the same pay (one share every round) doing only ten hours per month of work for Devtome as they could get by doing forty hours per month for wikipedia or any other not directly DeVCoin-needed free open source writing.

A key thing here is the idea was to reward people who already without pay spend lots of hours creating free open source stuff.

This is an important point.

If that still is the main goal of devcoins, you're absolutely right that wikipedia writers doing it for free are just as eligible as devtome writers.

So while I understand the attempt to focus on devtome (building interest/ad revenue/dvc price), is it worth it? What are we measuring its success by, and is it doing it? If not, is there a planned cut-our-losses date? We can't really use the actual price of dvc, because it's clearly affected by the greater cryptocurrency market at the moment.

A lot of my comments on competitive "creative mining" comes from the observation of how things are going, not necessarily what the actual goal of the devcoin project was. If it's not intended to run that way, then it might have lost its way.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:09:03 PM

Mark wrote:

We had that at the very beginning, and Caston was actually paid that way for his site for a while, however once devtome was working I decided that writers would only get paid for writing on devtome. Only programmers and hardware developers can go on the list now.

Hunterbunter wrote:

Wikipedia never paid authors, did it?

So I guess it ran out of content/authors?

Even in relatively early days when pretty much anyone could give themselves a link or few from Wikipedia just by picking a relevant page and editing it to give themselves a link the links alone were valuable, worth becoming and author to get.

I think wikipedia pretty much proves that not paying authors leads to no authors and/or bad content.

True, but it also had around 20-30,000 articles within the first year. Devtome has 2342.

When wikipedia started it was the first open source encyclopedia which anyone could edit, so most people who wanted to write open source articles went there. When wikipedia started deleting articles, other open source encyclopedias were made, but they went nowhere because wikipedia has a huge first mover advantage. To start a new wiki, you have to pay people. Once devtome gets really big, some people would probably we willing to write articles for free, but of course they'll be paid anyways.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:10:42 PM

To the extent that we have changed from rewarding people who naturally as a lifestyle create free open source stuff to trying to bribe people who have no interest in creating free open source stuff and no desire nor intent to make such stuff into begrudgingly making it anyway despite preferring not to then I guess we have lost our way...

We were not supposed to be rewarding artists for making art, authors for writing, programmers for programming.

We were supposed to be rewarding activists who pro-actively create free open source stuff for their pro-active, out of their own pocket creative activism / activistic creativity.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

Personally I like the DevTome shares. I think that the writing on there could be better in some cases, but in others it is really well done. I have started writing again, because it is worth it to me again due to the DevCoins. I have started creating a full D&D style world and writing short stories in it and starting to build it out (creating maps and descriptions to go along with the stories and the back stories.) It is fun to be doing that again and I hope to keep doing it, and DevTome is a great place to put it out rather then copyrighting it all and publishing it on Amazon or wherever.

Just my 2 cents

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:37:36 PM

I thought of a cool idea that maybe could count as a bounty, What if someone made a devcoin to paypal website or something like that. I think this would be a great idea and also possibly make devcoin more popular. 
-AM
dalamar96

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

The only problem that is holding me back from attempting to make these types of sites is the customer service portion and upkeep. There is just too much legally that could be an issue with exchanges, paypal to crypto, etc. sites. It may not be a thing for most people, but for me it just is a little too much.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:46:31 PM

Personally I like the DevTome shares. I think that the writing on there could be better in some cases, but in others it is really well done. I have started writing again, because it is worth it to me again due to the DevCoins. I have started creating a full D&D style world and writing short stories in it and starting to build it out (creating maps and descriptions to go along with the stories and the back stories.) It is fun to be doing that again and I hope to keep doing it, and DevTome is a great place to put it out rather then copyrighting it all and publishing it on Amazon or wherever.

Just my 2 cents

Could you make these maps in some machine-usable form?

Like maybe do Crossfire RPG maps and/or Battle for Wesnoth maps and/or maps for whatever that online tabletop roleplaying system Novacadian uses is?

Maybe also Freeciv-scale maps of each entire planet would be useful...

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: