Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 12:43:12 PM

I have just been added as an admin for ASCMDVCPT listing on cryptostocks.

As promised I have immediately paid out dividends more than 2x what it should have been to clear all the dividends missed.

I am transferring enough DVC into the account to buy back the shares at market value as calculated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196217.msg5710038#msg5710038

any questions or concerns please raise now

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:43:41 PM

guys

my .exe after being downloaded is nowhere to found

are the .exe compromised or am i missing something?

Look in your downloads folder; if you can't find it download again.  The .exe is not compromised.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

Hi,

To all, I'm new here and am now reading about writing for Devtome here:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing

I've already read that page before and I'm now going through it again just to be sure that I've got all of the needed info. From that page there are many links to other pages which continue giving advice about writing for Devtome that are recommended to also be read after reading that first intro page. I've already read through some of those pages too and will be going through all of them again and also read through the other ones that I haven't read yet a couple of times too.

I figure that this way I'll be able to get set up for writing better articles faster instead of having to go looking for the answers that are all lined up on those pages one after the other. After I go through all of those pages a couple or more times, than I will start writing some decent articles and hope that they are good enough that alot of people will enjoy reading them. That's all for now, I'll report back soon.

sedgwyck

Hi, and welcome!

Yep that's the best strategy to go for. Never be afraid to go back and make older articles "better", because when ratings come around they could be given any article (the raters may or may not look at more articles - it's up to them). Also, the way the modifiers work, a writer who is poorly rated and has no page views, will have to write 3 times the number of words of a good, interesting writer just to earn a share. Another tip is that raters don't like unfinished articles. Try and submit complete articles (you can work on them on the site, but don't link them to your invoice page until you're ready to be rated for them), and write the best you possibly can, with the mind that you want to draw readers in.
Papacrusher

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:20:36 AM

Purpose:
To encourage and support excellence in writing among Devtome writers and to give Devtome writers an opportunity to showcase their best work to the Devcoin Community.

Awards:

1st Place - 250,000DVC
2nd Place - 150,000DVC
3rd place - 100,000DVC

Theme: 

Why I write

Entries must be:

Based on the Theme
Not previously published
Published on Devtome
1000 to 1500 words in length
Original
Can be collaborative (joint works from multiple writers)
Collated works are not eligible.

Entries Close:

April 13th

Judging

We will use the forum polling system on the  Coinzen Forum to gather votes. I will set up the poll once we have all the entries. The poll will run for 14 days.

In the event of a draw, a decision will be made by the Sponsor(s)

How to Enter:

1) Reply to this post with the title of your article, a link to your article on Devtome and a link to your Devtome profile. The tip wallet on your Devtome profile will be used to pay the winner.

2) Send the same to melodiem (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=192892) in a private message

3) Not necessary, but helpful to create a profile on the Coinzen Forum to follow the contest and all things Devcoin and Devtome

Sponsors:

This is a sponsored award - More sponsors are welcome to add to the total of the award, please PM me. (Sponsors are not eligible to enter the award.)

Sponsored by:

Papacrusher - 250,000DVC
MelodieMuse - 150,000DVC
HunterBunter - 100,000DVC

melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:55:41 AM

Hi,

I've already read that page before and I'm now going through it again just to be sure that I've got all of the needed info. From that page there are many links to other pages which continue giving advice about writing for Devtome that are recommended to also be read after reading that first intro page. I've already read through some of those pages too and will be going through all of them again and also read through the other ones that I haven't read yet a couple of times too.

I figure that this way I'll be able to get set up for writing better articles faster instead of having to go looking for the answers that are all lined up on those pages one after the other. After I go through all of those pages a couple or more times, than I will start writing some decent articles and hope that they are good enough that a lot of people will enjoy reading them. That's all for now, I'll report back soon.

sedgwyck

I love your attitude!! Quality comes from consistency and consistency comes from us all starting on the same page(s).. there must be 1000 questions in this thread about how writers should get started. I think your first article should include your own post as a pointer to all new writers.

What is your writer name on Devtome?

Also, there is a Devtome Writers Award you could consider writing towards as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=517413.msg5720343#msg5720343

melodiem

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:59:42 AM

LMAO!

Sorry Papa I didnt see your post because I ignored that little warning that someone had posted! Nice to see so much positive encouragement... Devtome and Warm Fuzzies, there is a title for an article Tongue

news5656

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:00:59 AM

Nice coin Grin
melodiem

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:01:30 AM

What is this Huh

It looks like a grumpy little face with question marks above it but I could be wrong?

shdjf78er

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:02:09 AM

I will get it.
sdf56qre

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:03:04 AM

Looking forward this coin,good luck.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:33:50 AM

Any reason why a late investor should put some money into devcoin?

Price seems stable at the moment.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:02:42 AM

I think we are all very early adopters at this point.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:04:20 AM

This was launched in June. That's almost a century by crypto time.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sedgwyck

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:14:50 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:18:24 AM by sedgwyck

Hi,

I figure that this way I'll be able to get set up for writing better articles faster instead of having to go looking for the answers that are all lined up on those pages one after the other. After I go through all of those pages a couple or more times, than I will start writing some decent articles and hope that they are good enough that a lot of people will enjoy reading them. That's all for now, I'll report back soon.

sedgwyck

I love your attitude!! Quality comes from consistency and consistency comes from us all starting on the same page(s).. there must be 1000 questions in this thread about how writers should get started. I think your first article should include your own post as a pointer to all new writers.

What is your writer name on Devtome?

Also, there is a Devtome Writers Award you could consider writing towards as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=517413.msg5720343#msg5720343

It is sedgwyck,

Well my first article for Devtome is already being worked on and is partly done. Maybe after I write some regular articles I could write a Devtome article for new writers based on and including the comment quoted above that you liked.

That contest sounds very challenging and inviting all at the same time. I will be reading the details to see if I can write an article that has a chance to do well in the contest and maybe I'll enter it.

Thank you for your kind comments.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:21:12 AM

Devcoin is not so trivial it has many facets that are resolved over time by market forces.. I know memorycoin also gives 5% to development but there is no other coin like it... With 5% there is not enough coins to pay people for work and have them feel like they get their selves worth ... You need mofr coins especially once you have multiple avenues of projects fighting for shares... No other coin can do anything like it..

1) mining comes with bitcoin
2) shares are spendable not given to bitcoin devcoin miners.. This allows for distribution of currency in exchange for actual work.
3) Open source movement was a huge concept with unix linux and now has an economic avenue to push forward.
4) Static known inflation rate is needed for any crypto to be considered a currency and not commodity or garbage.

All of these points make dvc unique to any coins that will ever exist.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:38:09 PM

What was launched in June? Devcoins or Devtome?

Devcoins were launched in 2011. Price is stable because people are actually doing productive work and are getting paid for it by investors who realize it's incredible future value.
alex_b

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:06:58 PM

Sorry for hijacking the discussion with a newbie question but could anybody tell me how many blocks are there right now for the devcoin wallet?

I already have bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin clients on my laptop, these all look the same but the devcoin client looks different (doesn't show me "x of y blocks" but instead just "x blocks") and resulted in lots of antivirus popups (compared to other wallets that didn't...I downloaded the devcoin wallet from here).

With my question I pretty much just want to figure out if I finished downloading the whole blockchain or not. I'm at 130093 blocks right now.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:08:20 PM

Sorry for hijacking the discussion with a newbie question but could anybody tell me how many blocks are there right now for the devcoin wallet?

I already have bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin clients on my laptop, these all look the same but the devcoin client looks different (doesn't show me "x of y blocks" but instead just "x blocks") and resulted in lots of antivirus popups (compared to other wallets that didn't...I downloaded the devcoin wallet from here).

With my question I pretty much just want to figure out if I finished downloading the whole blockchain or not. I'm at 130093 blocks right now.

http://blockchain.devcoin.org/chain/DeVCoin

130102 atm

I think you've finished syncing.
nibyokwy

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:05:53 AM

this Devtome article on luajit appears to be plagiarized from this blog post. unless they are the same author of course. what can be done to prevent some things or verify they are the same author?
LarryBird

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:43:39 PM

Sorry to ask this, but I have noticed that the official dvc wallet for windows is showing as trojan in over 10 out of 40-50 different AV.
https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/19034cf328bb596529edcdc7b744b100027c9362a91ae69f84aa4e5e4bfc3eca/analysis/1395235783/
Any idea why?

Also is there a way to generate a paper wallet? I mean http://cryptolife.net/upwg/ I found that I can generate different wallets, only need to select the start symbol.
Will this work as some different wallets use the same start for address?

Also how can I import the private keys to a windows client wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: