Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
ImTotya

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

I agree but there is a fine line between censorship and snuffing out the lowlifes that live to ruin other peoples day. Moderation is a better term than censorship in these circumstances.
Such problem exists in all social networks, at places where going discourses about politics, religion, or history there always will be individuals who will try to hook up and provoke another by imposing their version of the truth.

yep happens everywhere. it's up to the moderation team to discuss and implement a cohesive policy.
Sure, there should be a kind of censorship in this network. However, the devs have to be cautious in terms of not being out of line in this stuff.
Sphere is certainly the kind of project that requires continuous work, in all stages of Ico and after it, Team seems to me aware of realizing a platform that covers the failures of today's networks, surely it is necessary to include ways to inhibit harmful behavior to other

Of course, censorship will have to be dealt with even in such a decentralized social network as the Sphere. Perhaps they could impose it on users. For example, a kind of dislike from the information, when a certain limit is reached, this information marked with dislike should be checked for compliance with the rules. Although this scheme also has drawbacks.
I also think that moderation is better than cersorship. I think censorship should only be in the most extreme cases.
Of course, but as for me, moderation is just a particular case of censorship in this case. Moreover, the latter can be done automatically, and for moderation we need people who will perform it.
You are right. I think we will need a system, where a content will be blocked, if 51 % of the users voted to block it. So you can avoid censorship from only a few privileged members.
Very interesting idea! A kind of controlling body that will monitor the information flow will be the users themselves! It's just brilliant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

I agree but there is a fine line between censorship and snuffing out the lowlifes that live to ruin other peoples day. Moderation is a better term than censorship in these circumstances.
Such problem exists in all social networks, at places where going discourses about politics, religion, or history there always will be individuals who will try to hook up and provoke another by imposing their version of the truth.

yep happens everywhere. it's up to the moderation team to discuss and implement a cohesive policy.
Sure, there should be a kind of censorship in this network. However, the devs have to be cautious in terms of not being out of line in this stuff.
Sphere is certainly the kind of project that requires continuous work, in all stages of Ico and after it, Team seems to me aware of realizing a platform that covers the failures of today's networks, surely it is necessary to include ways to inhibit harmful behavior to other

Of course, censorship will have to be dealt with even in such a decentralized social network as the Sphere. Perhaps they could impose it on users. For example, a kind of dislike from the information, when a certain limit is reached, this information marked with dislike should be checked for compliance with the rules. Although this scheme also has drawbacks.
I also think that moderation is better than cersorship. I think censorship should only be in the most extreme cases.
Of course, but as for me, moderation is just a particular case of censorship in this case. Moreover, the latter can be done automatically, and for moderation we need people who will perform it.
You are right. I think we will need a system, where a content will be blocked, if 51 % of the users voted to block it. So you can avoid censorship from only a few privileged members.
Very interesting idea! A kind of controlling body that will monitor the information flow will be the users themselves! It's just brilliant.

But this can also lead to censorship of things the majority doesn't like. I think they should not concentrate that much on it.

tudor_simion

Activity: 349
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

But this can also lead to censorship of things the majority doesn't like. I think they should not concentrate that much on it.

I do not think it's a good idea that 51% of the users can vote to block content.
Everyone has his ideas, his principles, different characters.
Maybe some like something, others do not like it.
There is also the fact that someone has an altercation with someone else, and may want to block all their content.

CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:03:51 PM

Now you can use Sphere from the desktop! 😎
Try it here https://sphere.social/hello

More info on the blog
https://medium.com/@sphereofficial/website-version-of-sphere-app-available-bae380e548a9
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:12:11 PM

More info on the blog
https://medium.com/@sphereofficial/website-version-of-sphere-app-available-bae380e548a9

Pretty slick looking. Great that they already have so much of the development done in this early stage, so after the ICO the focus can be on marketing and growing the platform.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

More info on the blog

Pretty slick looking. Great that they already have so much of the development done in this early stage, so after the ICO the focus can be on marketing and growing the platform.
Nice interface! Who knows in Sphere will be snap to mobile number like it's now in twitter or just email? Version for android is currently running and functioning?
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:11:43 PM

More info on the blog
Wow, this is a solid news! I'm definitely going to test it out!
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:35:25 PM

Nice the web version is going to attract more people, so you can try it without installing anything

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Warfare

Activity: 1010
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:50:46 PM

The plain truth is that moderation is a form of censorship. ie. you are still censoring what you deem inappropriate. There are certain things that should be censored (eg. Sexually explicit things, excessive gore), but what should never be censored is ideas. Unfortunately, the latter has been censored by the ideologically left by labelling it has hatespeech.
Regarding explicit content, a "Sensitive Content" warning would be adequate, just like Twitter has.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:25:21 PM

The plain truth is that moderation is a form of censorship. ie. you are still censoring what you deem inappropriate. There are certain things that should be censored (eg. Sexually explicit things, excessive gore), but what should never be censored is ideas. Unfortunately, the latter has been censored by the ideologically left by labelling it has hatespeech.
Regarding explicit content, a "Sensitive Content" warning would be adequate, just like Twitter has.
Exactly NSFW content flagging is a must for platform like this
saintkamei

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:45:17 PM

Just look on this forum. It was pretty laissez-faire, but only up to the point where the amount of spam got unmanageable. Even with the merit system 99% of the posts are mindless drivel.

Everything is good in moderation.

Sad but true. With the merit system, it only stops people from ranking up fairly and gradually. I can predict people trading merits, if it hasn't been done already. The best way to do away with mindless drivel and spam would have been to do away with the ranking system itself except for moderators and admins with moderators flagging spam/users on their threads. They then can open the avatar and signature feature to all. I don't think merit system will dent the spamming contingent. Sorry...this sounds totally unrelated to sphere but the social network will also have to be vigilant. I saw hi5 and myspace become irrelevant because they couldn't manage spams.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:54:18 PM

Just look on this forum. It was pretty laissez-faire, but only up to the point where the amount of spam got unmanageable. Even with the merit system 99% of the posts are mindless drivel.

Sad but true. With the merit system, it only stops people from ranking up fairly and gradually. I can predict people trading merits, if it hasn't been done already. The best way to do away with mindless drivel and spam would have been to do away with the ranking system itself except for moderators and admins with moderators flagging spam/users on their threads. They then can open the avatar and signature feature to all. I don't think merit system will dent the spamming contingent. Sorry...this sounds totally unrelated to sphere but the social network will also have to be vigilant. I saw hi5 and myspace become irrelevant because they couldn't manage spams.
Projects like Sphere and its vision really deserve the continued community support, and the current system really keeps us from sketching what we feel in ratings, nevertheless the platform gets more and more adepts, and I have good feelings about the future of ICO
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:54:52 PM

I also think that spam is a problem in social media. No one want to get into your profile and see a lot of advertising instead or you colleges messages.
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:17:12 AM

They released yestarday Web App. Anyone tried this already? What inplession? This is a full version or beta only?

I didn't try it yet but from the caption on the images that being provide on the article, it stated beta web app.
This is a nice beta version.
Actually the interface design isnt really different from facebook, and there are around 200 online users.

Great. This release is a major milestone for SPHERE. I'm impressed by them being sensitive to community request such as this web app. Keep it up. Smiley
Yes, this is getting exciting.
And there are many ways to help them to attract more people, maybe like exclusivity of something, maybe a game.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:44:38 AM

Oh has some one already tried the web app so far? How is it?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:07:05 AM

ICO ends on 26th February or this is ends of 1st round only?
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:06:58 AM

More info on the blog
Wow, this is a solid news! I'm definitely going to test it out!

UI look good, and fast load for new social media platform

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:44:12 AM

Make screens of platform inside please. How many users registered on decstop version already? Is there any statistics?
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:36:12 AM

Make screens of platform inside please. How many users registered on decstop version already? Is there any statistics?

So far, I can see only how many members are online. And when I try to search for how many members already registered, I still can find it. Maybe such feature doesn't exist yet.
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:43:06 AM

ICO ends on 26th February or this is ends of 1st round only?
1st round only, its written on their site.
And Period of Sale: 12 February 2018 UTC 21:00 to 9 April 2018 UTC 21:00 
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: