Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87605 times)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:40:01 PM

No need to believe,

just see this advice which Scott also agreed on:

Amen!! Preach that old time religion, brotha!

That's why my advice is to wait until March, when first customers are scheduled to get their miners delivered.

After they have proven themself, it is more safe to buy from them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:52:46 PM

@Searing

I give up...

calling it a scam is just telling lies. Nobody has a proof that its scam!
You are scamming, by telling the people its a scam.
Maybe a little yellow submarine from Bitmain? They are paying a lot for shitstorm on miners Wink
I have no proof for it like you. So from now on the scam screamers are little yellow terrorists for me until they proofed they are not (and I will not accept any proof).
ID cards can be a fake Wink
Your fu... face is just a copy Wink
The facebook is maybe overtaken ... etc.

For Halong:
There are enough proofs from legit people, demonstrations from known big players and comments from bloggers which are 100% confirmed as real.

People who still call it a scam just are those kind of people the world always had.

The earth is flat.
Burn her, she is a witch.
Battles in the believe of god.
Nobody was on the moon.

and my favorites ...

A black cat or friday the 13th are bad signs.

But anyways: The DRAGONMINT 16T is real and its not a scam. 100% proofed.
If something will go wrong on the first mass production batch ... delivery ... whatever ... we will see.

But its not an initial scam like some others in the past.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

^ In which part of my post did you see the word "scam"?

You are a really difficult person to have reasonable conversation with.

QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

^ In which part of my post did you see the word "scam"?

You are a really difficult person to have reasonable conversation with.

Did I quote you? No. Your post was fine.

Edit: its @Searing not @HagssFIN

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:59:31 PM

You can think what you want to,

but I'm just being realistic here.

I think we must agree to disagree.

End of story.

offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

WTF are you smoking?!

but again, still calling it a scam..thou I too would like to believe in fairies...hope for those who have ordered I am incorrect...but just can't see this as not a scam....

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:03:34 PM

Edit: its @Searing not @HagssFIN

Ah, okay then.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:43:09 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 03:08:33 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

<snip>
If something will go wrong on the first mass production batch ... delivery ... whatever ... we will see.

Finally *something* with at least a little meat on it has been presented to us here so yes, I for one am dropping the scam tag for now.

Now as to if the design is ready for mass production -- as you said, that remains to be seen. That point is where BFL, AMT/Bitmine.ch, and others blew up. What turned them from just a design gone bad into scammers is the fact that long after their design and production issues were known not only to the companies but their customers as well they continued the pre-orders to suck in mega$$$ instead of stopping further 'sales' until they actually had a viable product.

I am still baffled as to why Halong took such a totally wrong approach to this release. An unknown company putting up a website, pushing out a bunch of PR's to web sites known for embracing pay-for-placement, giving virtually zero information about the design and then asking for >3month out pre-orders? Given the history of the failed miner makers here what the hell did they think would be the result?.

If they feel they need to be so secretive about their company & design and have no need for pre-order financing then they should have remained in stealth mode until they are ready to do a full release with the 1st batch from stock. Once seen in the wild, sure, then go to the pre-order model if they insist.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:04:22 PM

<snip>

Finally *something* with meat on it has been presented to us here so yes, I for one am dropping the scam tag for now.
Now as to if the design is ready for mass production -- as you said, that remains to be seen. That point is where BFL and AMT/Bitmine.ch blew up.

I am still baffled as to why Halong took such a totally wrong approach to this release. An unknown company putting up a website, pushing out a bunch of PR's to web sites known for embracing pay-for-placement, giving virtually zero information about the design and then asking for >3month out pre-orders? Given the history of miner failed miner makers here what the hell did they think would be the result?.

If they feel they need to be so secretive about the design and have no need for pre-order financing they they should have remained in stealth mode until they are ready to do a full release....

I hope I got it WHY they did it like this.

You see them in problems on selling? No. Why they should make more proof? Proof is money and time. Time they dont have right now.
Nobody is telling you that its safe and maybe the owner cannot sleep for the last weeks/month! I was present on big projects of world leading companies. Its not FUN. Only at the end with success it can maybe turn into fun.

The information was delivered to insider sites, people, communities, blogger whatever. For insiders to insiders.
People who are deep inside crypto and the scene and not just know 2 names (Bitcoin - Satoshi). And those "Insider-Users" or "Old-Guys" know that BtcDrak was called a scammer so many times before (VIAcoin, Core Code, etc.)
And at the end? He always fullfilled his words to 100%. Yes we dont know the real name of him. But ... hey ... we are stakeholder and miners on a coin nobody even knows if its one person, a group or whatever stands for Satoshi Nakamoto Wink

Back to roots. Back to basic. Back to decentralization. Back to the people and the believers in a new system to the people for the people and with the people.
Not back to mass commercial ads. I really hope and have the feeling that Halong will be an important name soon.
And I hope that they will benefit the believers who bought the first batches until delivery of Batch1 is done. (maybe with x%-off-codes for evey miner bought or whatever)
Not because they sell what they have. Because WHY they decided to sell it. To get back to more different nodes and people. They could do it like Bitfury. Just big customers for the container solution or selling the chips to assemblers.
They decided to give it to all people - who believe in them of course.

I myself missed the first Batch order and was crying whole december about that after I read some names on this DragonMint and I found the official statements in some tweets, posts and whatever I am connected to today.

You said:
If they feel they need to be so secretive about the design and have no need for pre-order financing they they should have remained in stealth mode until they are ready to do a full release....

They waited as long as possible. Its NOW the first release.
Offer. Payment. Manufacturing. Testing. Shipping. This is a process of 4-5 month in normal.

Like you can see with Bitmain its possible to get it in 2-3 month once the system is running and I am still have an open mouth on it sometimes. I know which ways and processes have to run and its fast.

No chip will ever be produced by Bitmain if the pre-selling is not full. No risk on producing = no risk on money = cheaper product
Maybe today they pre-assemble more chips and/or have a little stock on parts to be faster. I have no idea.

Halong and all other Asic-Manufactures need the same advantage, but they are not as trustfull.
Once Bitmain started this system of a non ready product, but you can pre-buy it, they took over a lot of market power and nobody saw it.
Because try to think of you are starting your own ASIC. Everything is ready (after 30Mio. USD) and now you want to produce 30.000 pieces for 1000 USD each.
Another 3Mio USD?! (just a sample price!)
Now its time to get money in. Say Hello to the world. Show the product.

Halong did, but in a nice way. That is what I hope to see between the lines.

offordscott
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

You have it all wrong. Halong did no PR. Syan Technologies did a bunch of self-published press releases about their liquid-cooled Vega Home miner series. They pumped out their own promotional propaganda.

Halong Mining, on the otherhand, was interviewed by a reputable third party. Bitcoin Magazine chose to publish a valid piece on the topic. There is a big difference in pushing your agenda (via online press release distribution services) and getting interviewed by a real, objective writer.
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:46:10 PM

Warning* ITT: HalongMining Blowhards, no need to look here for information any longer until people actually get these in their hands.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:02:00 PM

You have it all wrong. Halong did no PR. Syan Technologies did a bunch of self-published press releases about their liquid-cooled Vega Home miner series. They pumped out their own promotional propaganda.

Halong Mining, on the otherhand, was interviewed by a reputable third party. Bitcoin Magazine chose to publish a valid piece on the topic. There is a big difference in pushing your agenda (via online press release distribution services) and getting interviewed by a real, objective writer.

Yeah. No official PR. Just insiders got an information. That is what I understand right now, too.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:07:16 PM

@Searing

I give up...

Maybe a little yellow submarine from Bitmain? They are paying a lot for shitstorm on miners Wink
I have no proof for it like you. So from now on the scam screamers are little yellow terrorists for me until they proofed they are not (and I will not accept any proof).

For Halong:
There are enough proofs from legit people, demonstrations from known big players and comments from bloggers which are 100% confirmed as real.

People who still call it a scam just are those kind of people the world always had.

The earth is flat.
Nobody was on the moon.

and my favorites ...

I call it as I see it....you seem to have faith it is true...me....NOT so much...

time will tell....

but to be clear...as an example BFL had units...in 2013 and 2014...BFL gave out units month in advance of launch to news organizations they worked great
they had millions pour in.....and they never delivered in mass and in the end the corporation took the hit...the folk doing the scam paid a meager fine..
(The three main folk, pointed out by SEC...the highest fine they paid each, was only 1 person and I think was 33k)

This was a USA company with 'supposed' consumer protection laws.....

so all that you say may be true...but the way they are playing this seems like an old BFL play/Gaw Miner/Alpha-Tech..the long con and mine themselves at best

if the product exists....most likely will never exist in the masses they claim to ship....

again, I am just not buying it.......too many red flags....of the above scam's of the past....too easy to just fix those issues with the proper launch/demo/review

nope....maybe I'm wrong..maybe I'm not...but SCAM is how it looks to me

(hopefully, I am wrong and won't rain on your parade) but how I call it

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuestionQuest

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

@Searing

I give up...

For Halong:

The earth is flat.
Nobody was on the moon.

and my favorites ...

I call it as I see it....you seem to have faith it is true...me....NOT so much...

time will tell....

but to be clear...as an example BFL had units...in 2013 and 2014...BFL gave out units month in advance of launch to news organizations they worked great
they had millions pour in.....and they never delivered in mass and in the end the corporation took the hit...the folk doing the scam paid a meager fine..
(The three main folk, pointed out by SEC...the highest fine they paid each, was only 1 person and I think was 33k)

so all that you say may be true...but the way they are playing this seems like an old BFL play/Gaw Miner/Alpha-Tech..the long con and mine themselves at best

if the product exists....most likely will never exist in the masses they claim to ship....

again, I am just not buying it.......too many red flags....of the above scam's of the past....too easy to just fix those issues with the proper launch/demo/review

You are a chinese guy from bitmain and payed for beeing a liar.
Spying the people and telling lies to manipulate the market.
I see the scam in here now. It is "Searing". He is not real and a criminal stealing the money of people.
Better block him and never pay attention on his words.

Beware of this user he is a liar and trying to scam you.

Got it what you are doing?  Roll Eyes Shocked
Normally with little children its working to face them with their own behavior.
And if not ... the level can be raised.

At least "got milk?"  Tongue

ron1103

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:34:35 PM

They were available for a day. Now they're sold out and you can't order anymore. If this was a scam and they didn't exist, wouldn't they just keep it open and make as much money as possible before disappearing? Understand the mind of a scammer.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2425

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:38:38 PM

With those high profile names like Adam Back backing up their story at this state I don't think they are complete scam yet I still don't understand why can't they provide a full youtube demo or some detailed photos of the actual product.

Can people really hack/reverse engineer a miner just by looking at its photos?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:53:17 PM

@Searing

I give up...

For Halong:

The earth is flat.
Nobody was on the moon.

and my favorites ...

time will tell....

You are a chinese guy from bitmain and payed for beeing a liar.
Spying the people and telling lies to manipulate the market.
I see the scam in here now. It is "Searing". He is not real and a criminal stealing the money of people.
Better block him and never pay attention on his words.

Beware of this user he is a liar and trying to scam you.

Got it what you are doing?  Roll Eyes Shocked
Normally with little children its working to face them with their own behavior.
And if not ... the level can be raised.

At least "got milk?"  Tongue

bye bye on /ignore

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:56:36 PM

I am still baffled as to why Halong took such a totally wrong approach to this release. An unknown company putting up a website, pushing out a bunch of PR's to web sites known for embracing pay-for-placement, giving virtually zero information about the design and then asking for >3month out pre-orders? Given the history of the failed miner makers here what the hell did they think would be the result?.

Because they know there are enough people out there who will ignore all that stuff and order anyway, they have all sold out after all.

I don't think the miner is a scam, but I suspect it's not going to work out well for those that have bought them*, but kudos if it does I've bought lots of pre-order stuff and managed to avoid all of the scammy companies so have been lucky.

* It could be late (lost revenue)
* it could be unreliable (are those who have the demo's going to post when they partially or completely die in a couple of weeks, given the NDA they are under it seems unlikely)

* But most importantly of all, Bitmain are not going to give up their crown, they will either release large batches of cheap miners, or they will come up with a new miner say with an extra board and down clocked so as to achieve the speed and power usage to beat it, that's if they haven't got a completely new miner up their sleeves already.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:02:06 PM

They were available for a day. Now they're sold out and you can't order anymore. If this was a scam and they didn't exist, wouldn't they just keep it open and make as much money as possible before disappearing? Understand the mind of a scammer.

IF I am correct and it is a scam...( I hope it is not a scam..I will happily eat CROW....and you can merrily mock me, but for a chance at equipment other than Bitmain....the CROW  will taste fine)

But that is how it works (IF a scam) these things work...they take a mess of $$$. Say they are sold out.....then fade away in the 2 weeks after....erasing all traces with Inet providers etc...

or so has happened on other such scam threads we have seen on bitcointalk ( I suspect I've seen at least 1 dozen or more since 2013) ...thus a reason for my skepticism

again hope I am incorrect...will happily dine on CROW...but alas, it will be quite the coincidence in how closely this seems to follow the pattern of the above dozen..almost to the letter...

or so scams on here that I have witnessed...so if they are legit it is one hell of a weird way to inspire confidence in their product...we will see if I dine on 'well-done crow" or not Smiley

So no, the sold out in a day thing, may not be a good sign...but again, it is up to the ASIC gods now I guess Smiley

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

@QuestionQuest Would you mind explaining what your affiliation with HalongMining is? Scott already disclosed that but I didn't see you doing it (maybe I missed it).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: