Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2019, 02:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 84063 times)
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2009

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:27:59 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:03:05 PM by frodocooper

The problem is not that  he  did what he did. The problem is he drew erroneous conclusions about Company ID numbers .

Here is one example of why a company will not reveal it Tx ID

the  company is a sole proprietorship and the owner uses his social security number as the tx id.

My ebay business is filed with a schedule C  using my SSN  my sales here are on the same  schedule C.

I am a company  that will not give  its TX ID  out.

This is my ebay name same as here.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=philipma1957

Frankly  his research only proves he has no understanding of privacy rules  that may be followed  by a company.

And as I have stated I have not spent 1 dime  on 1 unit  at this time.  As for those that have sent a lot of BTC to this company they have far more

courage then I do.

I would advise krisgt30  to not state conclusions about a company based on misunderstanding of tax laws and privacy concerns.

here is his post that makes  the conclusions :

Several screenshots incoming after speaking to Scott and Yoshi directly. This backpedaling is really bad. This is sadly a 100% confirmed scam based on the contradictory speaking and refusal of simple business information. I sent an email to Yoshi asking for the address of the Colorado warehouse and for their state and federal tax ID for that location and the email is the response I got from Yoshi.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from krisgt30.)

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1223

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:42:12 PM

You are all ignoring a huge point my conversation made. Any company conducting business within the United States has to have a federal and state ID. It is common practice to request these ID numbers from prospective businesses that you wish to do business with. It is a way of establishing legitimacy by verifying with the government that they indeed exist. Bitmain warranty may exist at that location, but myrig certainly does not. They don’t have a location in America yet Halong claims they are their sole distributor to the US.

Yoshi told me I can order 4 to 5 of these via paypal or cc.

I can pay in late March for early April delivery. Until he fails me I have no worries.
The
I have no risk this way.  As to Yoshi refusing to give you id tags you gave out his number you would give that out to.

It is simple don’t buy a thing until they sell and deliver to me.

If they don’t sell to me and ship to me you don’t lose a thing.

I repeat I did business with him for years.  He has not done wrong to me.

my concern is YOU won't pay until it is prudent.

but for others on here planning to PAY NOW be aware of PayPal dispute dates

Be aware, Paypal is within 45 days for filing a dispute, from the date you pay for the stuff....and IF you want to extend that to 60 days,

make sure you file a dispute before the 45 days are up...thus it can be as much as 60 days...

this also goes for stuff on partial pay (like 30% down) etc

hope you won't have to use this, but something to be aware of...also use a credit card for more protections

*you probably know this* just tossing it out there for those who plan on paying with PAYPAL TODAY...in case this drags out a

couple of months...If you get these or any other items...thems the rules

anyway, thought it was a prudent reminder to others on here, that may not know about this stuff

brad

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:45:02 PM

Here is my annoyance more clearly shown
He asks the none owner of the business the question and makes a statement that is false.

Since Yoshi may be doing a schedule c with a social security number   which he will not reveal for security issues.

I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:47:54 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:05:00 PM by frodocooper

Here is my annoyance more clearly shown
He asks the none owner of the business the question and makes a statement that is false.

Since Yoshi may be doing a schedule c with a social security number   which he will not reveal for security issues.

is it possible yoshi is being correct..ie....they are just acting as a 'pass thru' on this pre-order equipment that they too have pre-ordered?

then the japanese company comment reads as true? (in other words, the yoshi group is under risk as well as any others on this product)

unclear, just tossing it out there as a possiblity...in that I'VE acted as pass thru on items...on group buys that I have not had a lot to do with on

how/who/what to pay... (not a full escrow thing...more of a shipping thing)

edit: I bring this up as an example of eastshore.xyz and bitmain ...vouching for bitmain...putting in a lot of $$$ on pre-order ...and getting shafted...

(but refunded) they were acting in a manner for bitmain..but had no control of bitmain actions. (they refunded us as well..as bitmain mined my miners

to stop LTC seg witness last summer)

anyway, that kinda of direction on this is what I am thinking (may) be some of this

brad

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from philipma1957.)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
TheYankeesWin!

Activity: 452
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:48:53 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:06:46 PM by frodocooper

Good advice.  Phil  is not a moron as he clearly has shown over the years.  The other people running to pay now  should realize  that  paypal gives 45 days.  So they should be ready to dispute on day 39 or day 40 just in case.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quotes.)
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:53:10 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 10:07:37 PM by frodocooper

is it possible yoshi is being correct..ie....they are just acting as a 'pass thru' on this pre-order equipment that they too have pre-ordered?

then the japanese company comment reads as true? (in other words, the yoshi group is under risk as well as any others on this product)

unclear, just tossing it out there as a possiblity...in that I'VE acted as pass thru on items...on group buys that I have not had a lot to do with on

how/who/what to pay... (not a full escrow thing...more of a shipping thing)

Could be Yoshi is at risk but I have dealt with him  a long time I would think he knows the gear is real.  As to how many get built has fast they ship he could be at risk as much as anyone else.   A big concern for me is  I send 5x via paypal  on March 25  and get gear on April 3  and freaking bitmain drops a 22th unit pulling  1400 watts.

I can mitigate it since I have the solar array but it would hurt.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from Searing.)

Searing
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:02:23 PM

my expectation is that bitmain will drop a decred miner next (or at least before BTC tanked, perhaps that has been put on the back burner as they fire sale stuff)

but my enthusiasm for equipment with price dumping EVEN BEFORE any scam is shown for Tether and the other FUD one way or another (other shoe to drop)

means, even if all these guys are legit..I'm kinda MEH! about the whole getting ANY equipment thing.

2 futures:

1) either scrypt-pow survives enough to be worth mining due to pump or sideways in price..I have equip..thus no need for more with that uncertainty and ride that with ROI'd equip

2) scrypt-pow mining was the good bet and price of crypto pumps again..and I missed out on equipment...my ROI'd equipment lives again!

right now, IMHO, I'd rather MISS the possibility of rmore profits...then dump crypto into equipment of any flavor... on the HOPE of profits..due to a price pump in crypto again soon.

but then again, I'm still in HODL mode, the whole cryptoverse could go full tulips....and I'll have more crypto than anybody in 20 years, on the USB drive on my belt, at the

old folks home.....not worth anything...but perhaps occasionally at that elder age..I'd forget and still think I'm crypto rich!......(still more tidy then collecting cats at that age also)

win/win

anyway,

chump or champ ....we will be the first to know! We will either be a Chump in all this...or a Champ...no frigging in between it seems.

brad

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 301

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:19:48 PM

Who in their right mind would conduct business under a sole proprietorship when they are the sole distributor of a major manufacturer? They would be personally held liable for any issues if it came to court and put all their personal possessions at risk. Your presumptions on my lack of knowledge hold no water here. I asked for a tax I’d state and federal under the presumption they were not dumb enough to operate under a sole proprietorship. Also if you look at my email I asked both Scott and Yoshi about the ids.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:11:01 AM

Who in their right mind would conduct business under a sole proprietorship when they are the sole distributor of a major manufacturer? They would be personally held liable for any issues if it came to court and put all their personal possessions at risk. Your presumptions on my lack of knowledge hold no water here. I asked for a tax I’d state and federal under the presumption they were not dumb enough to operate under a sole proprietorship. Also if you look at my email I asked both Scott and Yoshi about the ids.

Once again  here is a very large sole proprietorship

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/famous-sole-proprietors-eb31c3cfaaf62fe3

The problem is I do have an IRS background and I am certain that you do not know much  about what you are saying here.

While I do.  Just say Phil I might be right  but I have to say you could be correct and my conversation with them  does not mean for sure I am correct they are scamming.

I will say exactly  this I don't think they are scamming  and  I will find out in Late March/ early April what is true.

krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:24:03 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 05:52:53 AM by krisgt30

By listing exceptions you can claim you are right, I am wrong, fine.

I assumed that if someone was a major distributor for any Tech manufacturer and conducting business anywhere in the United States (i.e. synnex, Avnet, techdata, ingram micro) that they would protect themselves under a corporation and not a sole proprietorship when filing for state and federal ID’s. Every distributor, reseller, or client I have ever worked with required my tax ID’s on both the purchasing and sale side. I don’t get where you think me asking for them was from having no knowledge of taxation. Regardless, even if this was a sole proprietorship all either of them had to say was just that and say they didn’t want to divulge that information. They didn’t, they just did a lot of backpedaling.

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1510

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:57:30 AM

I'm less concerned about a well-established outfit with a several-years business record not sharing its tax ID than I am with it refuting the claim to be a distributor. He left it open that maybe they were a distributor and he just hadn't heard about it, but why is that potential huge lie less of a concern than whether or not BitmainWarranty/Myrig is real?

What am I missing?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
krisgt30

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:17:21 AM

I'm less concerned about a well-established outfit with a several-years business record not sharing its tax ID than I am with it refuting the claim to be a distributor. He left it open that maybe they were a distributor and he just hadn't heard about it, but why is that potential huge lie less of a concern than whether or not BitmainWarranty/Myrig is real?

What am I missing?

That is what I got from the conversation and what raised a red flag for me to call it a scam. The backpedaling itself was what set off the alarms for me. It wasn’t the lack of supplying ID’s that got me, it was the fact that these three parties are supposed to be working so closely together yet are so far off from each other in conversations.

This was a follow up email sent from Halong yesterday.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

"No resellers" and the product is listed for sale on myrig. All this shit is crazy.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1098

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:41:05 AM

To be fair, myrig also sell bitmain gear on their site, and bitmain don't have any official distributors either.

I think that myrig are just going to be resellers, buying and selling on equipment.

Mine at pools that pay transaction fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Selling - Bitmain Coupons :: Miners
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:44:18 AM

All this talk about myrig/bitmainwarranty having been in business for years and therefore lending credence to this miner....

For those who have been around a while, this reminds me of minersource, they too were in business a long time both as resellers and for hosting miners and had an excellent reputation, and then they went rogue.

I stick to my original assessment, the miniscule gains that this miner may offer over bitmain equipment, are not sufficient for the risk that it's not legit / delayed / made obsolete by a new Bitmain miner.

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:53:48 AM

All this talk about myrig/bitmainwarranty having been in business for years and therefore lending credence to this miner....

For those who have been around a while, this reminds me of minersource, they too were in business a long time both as resellers and for hosting miners and had an excellent reputation, and then they went rogue.

I stick to my original assessment, the miniscule gains that this miner may offer over bitmain equipment, are not sufficient for the risk that it's not legit / delayed / made obsolete by a new Bitmain miner.

It is why  I have always said wait do not open your wallets.

My birthday was lasr week I am 61  the single biggest thing I learned  by sticking around for a decent amount of years is don't rush to be first in line.

Somewhere I mentioned in this 60 page thread that by the time this drops  to ship bitmain may issue  a 22th 1400 watt miner.

I have purchased

5 s-9s
1 pangolian
35 1080tis
12 1070tis
8  moonlander usb sticks
and the 13 card beast miner from autominer.at

about 40000 in gear.  Since the Black Friday sale when this offered.

I sold ⅔ of that gear gor 30k and mined 15000 in coin. 

getting 45000 which is 5000 profit.

I have 1 ⅔ s-9s
18 1080tis
8 moonlander sticks

And the people that purchased  on black friday have zero.

I am going to sell 1 s-9  adding to the 5000 profit  and roll that into my late march purchase of this.

It is the major reason I kept an eye out on this thread. Since it is efficient  only once it mines for me.

vegascoinpool

Activity: 198
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:41:22 AM

What am I missing?

Yeah I second that. Halong announced MyRig as a distributor. If it wasn’t true, why didn’t MyRig refute immediately? Seems like it was announced, and then poof... the machine showed up on their newly polished website. How can you claim a week or two later you’re not a distributor, or that you might be and didn’t know for sure yet? That’s odd by any standard.

If he’s not a distributor... then under what circumstance did the product appear on his website?
vegascoinpool

Activity: 198
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:44:50 AM

...about 40000 in gear.  Since the Black Friday sale when this offered.

I sold ⅔ of that gear gor 30k and mined 15000 in coin. 

getting 45000 which is 5000 profit.

I have 1 ⅔ s-9s
18 1080tis
8 moonlander sticks

And the people that purchased  on black friday have zero.

I am going to sell 1 s-9  adding to the 5000 profit  and roll that into my late march purchase of this.

It is the major reason I kept an eye out on this thread. Since it is efficient  only once it mines for me.

I haven’t been around very long, so I’m just getting to know your style. I like how you think. Very strategic. And measured responses, I respect the way you conduct yourself, sir.
shellyfinest

Activity: 92
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:01:13 PM

Once again  here is a very large sole proprietorship

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/famous-sole-proprietors-eb31c3cfaaf62fe3

The problem is I do have an IRS background and I am certain that you do not know much  about what you are saying here.

While I do.  Just say Phil I might be right  but I have to say you could be correct and my conversation with them  does not mean for sure I am correct they are scamming.

I will say exactly  this I don't think they are scamming  and  I will find out in Late March/ early April what is true.

There's no doubt that one could operate as a sole proprietorship legally and not want to divulge their SSN in the US, but if they were making any kind of decent profits , would they not have to pay the additional 15% self employment tax on top of income taxes (fed and state) ?   Why would anyone do this and give up 15% of their profits?
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:15:34 PM

Once again  here is a very large sole proprietorship

The problem is I do have an IRS background and I am certain that you do not know much  about what you are saying here.

While I do.  Just say Phil I might be right  but I have to say you could be correct and my conversation with them  does not mean for sure I am correct they are scamming.

I will say exactly  this I don't think they are scamming  and  I will find out in Late March/ early April what is true.

There's no doubt that one could operate as a sole proprietorship legally and not want to divulge their SSN in the US, but if they were making any kind of decent profits , would they not have to pay the additional 15% self employment tax on top of income taxes (fed and state) ?   Why would anyone do this and give up 15% of their profits?

well  at one time  there was a cap  off the top of my head say 175,000  and  the 15%  is really 7.5 + 7.5

since you pay 7.5 with a salary.  So 84 lumber was paying  and extra 7.5 on  say 175,000 or 13,125  extra  which is partially deducted some times.

I think  he feels the total control is worth it.

Also  as a schedule c filer my self that  is primarily doing sales  you can shift tax burden forward.

Lets say it was Jan 1 2017  and I have 10,000 in ending inventory  when coins went mad last fall.  and I made more mining then selling for s short time Nov + Dec.  I can decide  to  push all profits into inventory  and I did purchase 40-50 k in gear in those 2 months.

So when my  tax year ended in dec 2017  my ending inventory  for jan 2018  was  close to 60 k.  vs 10 k   So I shifted profits legally from last year to this year.  I sold a lot of gear in January 2018  .  So the tax return will not be due until april 2019 rather then april 2018.

All legal.

Yoshi  is me at a bigger scale so I would imagine he could be doing this.  Also he does have a Japanese connection.  I do not know  enough about his  passport etc to say  what he does  about taxes and my  tax work  was collection for the IRS.  My wife did individual returns as did my mom.  My mom retired in 1987  my wife retired a few years ago.

Now does all this mean  this is not a scam  nope it could be.

This is why I lie in wait  for late March  to see if Yoshi does deliver what he promised to me.
I hope it is good gear.  As  bitmain has tired me out a lot.

I do more GPUS  by far then asics  as I get decent service. From them.

The only reason I still have any asics is Yoshi  more then any other reason.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.