Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
DeroHodler

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

I hope that DERO will consider forking to v7 as soon as possible. DERO could fork again to their own custom POW once it is ready. The nethash is up over 100MH/s, one person, or at least a small group of ASIC owners are getting the lion share of mining rewards released. The ~37,000 DERO released daily is enough to completely annihilate the buy orders of both exchanges. ASIC owners will only be interested in recouping their investment costs as soon as possible. Whoever is getting all of the DERO released cannot sell all of their rewards as the price would plummet.

I would assume that a fair amount of DERO is being put aside from these miners for future sale at a more opportune time. This could significantly thwart DERO's future momentum in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:38:40 PM

I hope that DERO will consider forking to v7 as soon as possible. DERO could fork again to their own custom POW once it is ready. The nethash is up over 100MH/s, one person, or at least a small group of ASIC owners are getting the lion share of mining rewards released. The ~37,000 DERO released daily is enough to completely annihilate the buy orders of both exchanges. ASIC owners will only be interested in recouping their investment costs as soon as possible. Whoever is getting all of the DERO released cannot sell all of their rewards as the price would plummet.

I would assume that a fair amount of DERO is being put aside from these miners for future sale at a more opportune time. This could significantly thwart DERO's future momentum in the market.

Well said, well said. Someone give this guy a merit because I am all out!

korm

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

I have a feeling that DERO is not against repeating the ASIC path of the ELECTRONEUM (800+MH)
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:53:40 PM

I must agree. Or it could be worse. They could not dump it, and if the project succeeds (as I think it will), they'll become the biggest bag holders without so much efforts. Not much fair. It defeats the decentralization and anti ASIC principles that the project bases itself.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:12:35 PM

I must agree. Or it could be worse. They could not dump it, and if the project succeeds (as I think it will), they'll become the biggest bag holders without so much efforts. Not much fair. It defeats the decentralization and anti ASIC principles that the project bases itself.

I'm not sure I see a big problem.  Maybe you guys are right, but I need to be convinced.  There are two main issues as I see it.  The first is that the current supply of new coins isn't going to us anymore, those among us in this community who are miners, but are instead going to some other bunch of guys instead who don't really "care" about the coin.  But why does that matter?  If you still want to get the coins, mine some other coin instead and exchange for the Dero you want to accumulate.  If Dero hadn't been listed on any exchange, the ASIC phenomenon would have been a lot worse - but then of course if Dero hadn't been listed on any exchange, the ASIC guys wouldn't really be interested, would they?

The second problem is price.  There are two possibilities.  Either these guys start dumping their Dero, and price declines, or they don't, and price more or less continues as it has been, or they all hold, and price increases.  To me it seems most likely these guys will dump.  Aren't they all in it for short term profits so they can move onto the next thing (buy more ASICSs)?  So Dero price decreases for a while, and that's good for us believers, right?  We get to buy up a lot of Dero cheap!
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:22:19 PM

Hello everyone,

I just want you to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say. The Dero team knows that this level of network hash is not a positive thing. However, I don't think it's been pointed out yet how stable and resilient Dero's network has been.

It's easy to get caught up on the things that are troubling you. I believe this is where the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes from.

I think it's critically important to recognize that while others shifted their PoW algos, Dero fixed and continued to work on the issues that allowed so many networks to be attacked recently.

Please don't take that as we're ignoring the ASIC issue, what Dero is doing is looking at the issue from a different perspective and fixing the underlying problems before addressing what exacerbated them.
korm

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:35:35 PM

Hello everyone,

I just want you to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say.

Please don't take that as we're ignoring the ASIC issue, what Dero is doing is looking at the issue from a different perspective and fixing the underlying problems before addressing what exacerbated them.

--Serena-- place a DERO on the tradeogre.com
there is a very simple form on the site. this is basically an exchanger for miners. I would gladly change there sumo or monero to dero. Mine it now does not make any sense. Cheaper to buy.

I do not think that the asic is now the primary problem. But I'm for heavy algorithm like sumo.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:38:31 PM

Hello everyone,

I just want you to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say.

there is a very simple form on the site. this is basically an exchanger for miners. I would gladly change there sumo or monero to dero. Mine it now does not make any sense. Cheaper to buy.

I do not think that the asic is now the primary problem. But I'm for heavy algorithm like sumo.

I'll second this. TradeOgre has been very smooth for me when trading other coins. Instant order execution, no lags in deposits appearing, and zero withdrawal problems.

Mojo_LB

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:15:35 PM

I'll second this. TradeOgre has been very smooth for me when trading other coins. Instant order execution, no lags in deposits appearing, and zero withdrawal problems.

Smoothness is not the only factor we look at when choosing exchanges Smiley
miner.rocks

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

Been getting "Result rejected by the pool" across all my miners, and "SOCKET ERROR - your IP is banned" on one of them (but only one).  This has been going on a while - have endless screenfuls of these messages - seems I have been burning through electricity for nothing.

Have now stopped and restarted the miners, and the problem seems to have gone away, for now.  There have been no recent config or miner changes.  What could cause this to happen all of a sudden, and then go away as mysteriously as it came?
There is a detailed answer:
Why my IP is banned?

--
Sincerely yours,
https://dero.miner.rocks

https://miner.rocks pplns cryptonote pools with email alerts and workers stats
gnulinuxkernel

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:21:12 PM

Stop. Let's talk about it deeper. Developers make new POW it's first. Second asic's now eat each other (it's not one owner). Third - dero have only about 450blocks everyday, that mean in one day we have about 450*27.5= ? Coins. Fourth - it's not going to damage future investors and holders, because only one lucky asic owner (who was first in dero network) take many coins, but already sold almost all (it's my math, don't ask :-)) now it's only pure asic owners who take some cents from dero , and they can't take much of this, don't worry. Just few advices: to Holders - Hold your coins long as posible, for investors - be slowly, don't try to waste all pocket in 1minute, investors need take dero step by step (my price on april it's 40cents, if you see 50cents take half, if you see 60cents/dero take just a little, if you see 70cents, don't do that!. For miners i just want to say: earn some ETH type coins (music, pirl, ubiq) and then change to dogee/btc/dero, use exchange! Use two exchange if you need. Be smart, be quite and analise all information about project you want to join. Good luck!
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:37:59 PM

Hello everyone,

I just want you to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say. The Dero team knows that this level of network hash is not a positive thing. However, I don't think it's been pointed out yet how stable and resilient Dero's network has been.

It's easy to get caught up on the things that are troubling you. I believe this is where the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes from.

I think it's critically important to recognize that while others shifted their PoW algos, Dero fixed and continued to work on the issues that allowed so many networks to be attacked recently.

Serena, the robustness of the Dero daemon is a great sentiment, but telling people to focus on the good is not how business works. You have to keep your customers and shareholders happy which is a fickle thing. You can have the best product in the world but people will always want more. In my work I do not see that as a burden, but as a blessing. People are so interested in the project they’re willing to spend their own free time to communicate what they are hoping for/thinking about. What would be much worse is radio silence about the issues.

As for the ASIC issue, from a comparative perspective, deprioritising ASIC resistance is precisely what it looks from the outside. I’m not saying that’s a good or bad thing here, only that other coins set the bar in how rapidly that change can be implemented (Monero and Sumokoin within a handful of days of Baikal Giant Ns hitting the consumer market). So, given what we’ve seen in the market and the bar that’s been set, it’s hard not to arrive at that conclusion. Now, if you could help us understand why specifically DERO is choosing (it does appear this is a choice decision not a difficulty one) to not focus on ASIC resistance that may help allay people’s concerns.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
--Serena--

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:39:22 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 10:55:33 PM by --Serena--

How to start using Dero                Downloads                Whitepaper                Support      

About DERO  

The Dero Project has written a unique new blockchain technology that is based on the CryptoNote protocol. Dero's goal is to create a unique state of the art blockchain technology with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, usability, and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies like the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby allowing for the creation of truly private smart contracts.

The Dero development team has implemented complete SSL across the Dero network which is a first on any blockchain. This encrypts the entirety of our network traffic, which greatly reduces our attack surface, while simultaneously preventing ISPs or other users from analyzing Dero’s network traffic.

Dero's Key Features  

• DERO is a completely new and unique CryptoNote blockchain written in Golang
  • DERO is the first blockchain to have complete SSL in the P2P layer
  • DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 transactions per second on its native blockchain without any lightning networks, validators or off-blockchain solutions
  • DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains
  • CryptoNote privacy
  • Smart contracts
  • Atomic swaps
  • Mobile and offline wallets
  • Lightweight wallets
  • Subaddresses
  • Escrow services on the blockchain
  • Address signing and certifying
  • Voting on a private blockchain

About The Developers  

There are three developers working on the Dero Project who have been working in the field of cryptography and blockchain development as a team for more than a decade. Dero's research and development team are devoted full time to the project, and can often be found in our Slack channel. For now, the development team are choosing to retain their privacy until the Dero Project incorporates.

Coin Specifications  

• Proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm: CryptoNight
  • Max supply: 18.4 million for the first 8 years followed by an infinite emission rate after year 8 of ~157,000 DERO/year
  • Block reward: Smoothly varying
  • Block time: 120 seconds
  • Difficulty: Retargets at every block
  • Ticker: DERO

Dero's Roadmap  

• Q1/2018 - Dero's new unique blockchain written and full Activation. - Completed ahead of schedule with the extra addition of complete SSL across Dero's network
  • Q2/2018 - Record CryptoNote TX/sec, GUI wallets, sub addresses, atomic swaps, and smart contract testing.
  • Q3/2018 - Smart contract support on chain. Q3 2018.
  • Q4/2018 - Strategic market expansion, team growth, and more (coming soon).

Dero Related Links  

Resource Links  

FORUM: https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER: https://explorer.dero.io
OFFICIAL POOL: http://pool.dero.live/
BINARIES: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Exchanges & Stats:

EXCHANGE: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
EXCHANGE: https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
Stats: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/
Stats: https://www.difficultychart.com/dero
Stats: https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO

Articles and Media Content  

Dero: A new blockchain technology that brings CryptoNote privacy together with smart contracts.

Shifting from alpha to beta: CryptoNote with smart contracts

Support
--Serena--

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:54:33 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 11:06:29 PM by --Serena--

Serena, the robustness of the Dero daemon is a great sentiment, but telling people to focus on the good is not how business works. You have to keep your customers and shareholders happy which is a fickle thing. You can have the best product in the world but people will always want more. In my work I do not see that as a burden, but as a blessing. People are so interested in the project they’re willing to spend their own free time to communicate what they are hoping for/thinking about. What would be much worse is radio silence about the issues.

I can appreciate where you're coming from, and with respect, I think you misunderstood. I was giving people like yourself a greater insight to how Dero's team thinks and operates.

The actual issue you're talking about is not insignificant but on the grand scheme, there are more (critically) important issues to address first. An example would be the multiple large vulnerabilities still prevalent across a number of networks, not just CryptoNote based networks.

Changing the PoW is a quality of life issue, and one that is going to be addressed shortly.

Fixing network security and stability is a critical issue that had to be addressed first. Making sure that this is entirely resolved is a large part of what Dero-Atlantis is built for.

I felt (and still do) that pointing out a silver lining was appropriate for the circumstances.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:15:08 AM

I just want to call a time out here and pause for a moment to take something in.

What has just been announced, Dero-Atlantis, proposes a 3 second block time, 60 seconds for a fully confirmed transaction, and 500 transactions per second.

From where I am standing, this looks like huge news.

For comparison, transaction times per second:

Bitcoin:      3 to 4
Ethereum: 20
PayPal:      193
Visa:         ~1,667  (actual value; claim is up to 56,000 technically feasible)

This puts Dero somewhere between PayPal and Visa.

If this is technically feasible for Dero, this basically solves the transactions per second problem so often reported in the press for blockchain.  And furthermore, ON CHAIN (an important detail).  That is very big news.  And Dero is not even sold as having a payments system as its main feature.

A payments system that fast is capable of being used as a major payments system.  First off, transactions per second, nearly a third of Visa's actual value.  That puts it into the very big league indeed.  Second, confirmation time.  As has been pointed out elsewhere, for small transactions you don't need to wait for full confirmation.  Buying a coffee or some groceries would just take a few seconds; for major transactions, you'd have to wait up to a minute (which sometimes does happen for credit card payments, especially if verification is required).

Perhaps that is not technically feasible, I don't know, and I am nowhere near technically competent to judge (three second block time???).  But the technical team has delivered on its promises so far.  If Dero lives up to this promise, the issues this month with the hashrate are going to pale into absolute insignificance...

roberval123

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:15:51 AM

Hash Rate: 99.87 MH/sec

Dammmmnnnnnn  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
krypt0id

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:24:17 AM

I just want to call a time out here and pause for a moment to take something in.

What has just been announced, Dero-Atlantis, proposes a 3 second block time, 60 seconds for a fully confirmed transaction, and 500 transactions per second.

From where I am standing, this looks like huge news.

For comparison, transaction times per second:

Bitcoin:      3 to 4
Ethereum: 20
PayPal:      193
Visa:         ~1,667  (actual value; claim is up to 56,000 technically feasible)

This puts Dero somewhere between PayPal and Visa.

If this is technically feasible for Dero, this basically solves the transactions per second problem so often reported in the press for blockchain.  And furthermore, ON CHAIN (an important detail).  That is very big news.  And Dero is not even sold as having a payments system as its main feature.

A payments system that fast is capable of being used as a major payments system.  First off, transactions per second, nearly a third of Visa's actual value.  That puts it into the very big league indeed.  Second, confirmation time.  As has been pointed out elsewhere, for small transactions you don't need to wait for full confirmation.  Buying a coffee or some groceries would just take a few seconds; for major transactions, you'd have to wait up to a minute (which sometimes does happen for credit card payments, especially if verification is required).

Perhaps that is not technically feasible, I don't know, and I am nowhere near technically competent to judge (three second block time???).  But the technical team has delivered on its promises so far.  If Dero lives up to this promise, the issues this month with the hashrate are going to pale into absolute insignificance...

I agree and I think a good amount of people seem to be missing this (and other updates), as well as the fact that the network hashrate went to 100MH in a short period of time without a hiccup. I didn't even see a pool report issues about chain splits or anything.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
korm

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:32:26 AM

Hash Rate: 99.87 MH/sec

Dammmmnnnnnn  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

not all have switched to a new algorithm. Can still give X10  Grin
air133

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:38:45 AM

at now only asic can mining DEro!
thanks to the developers that give the opportunity to earn buyers asik.
Simple miners are not here now.
ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!
teerapz

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:47:06 AM

altcoin with smart contract feature is great idea
i'm waiting to see and use this feature
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: