Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:28:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:25:31 PM

words

You're of course welcome to continue as you please. However, my position on this is final, and I hope that you're able to move on in your own time.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:32:47 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 10:31:03 PM by cpmcgrat

words

You're of course welcome to continue as you please. However, my position on this is final, and I hope that you're able to move on in your own time.

--Serena--, I do not know why you continue to be disdainful and disrespectful towards me. As a paid community manager I would expect you to be able to accept some constructive criticism, comport yourself with more professionalism and work with me; not hand out bans because you do not like or cannot handle what you are hearing. Especially over PM. In the public channels I was sure to explain my position and apologize for any affront or miscommunication of tone or otherwise that occurred. Despite what you and others may believe at this point, I do strongly believe in this project and do not want to harm it in any way.

I not once attacked you or Mojo as people, to the contrary, I’ve come to like both of you a great deal over the past months. I only offered my anecdotal opinion about how I believe the community could be improved based on the chain of feelings I experienced following the initial exchange. I did this in a PM because I have found you to be quite effective in the past, and have been vocal about that. However, at this point, out of principal I cannot and will not let this go if that is your final position.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:44:07 PM

...However, at this point, out of principal I cannot and will not let this go if that is your final position.

I know there are two sides to every story, but your side is looking worse and worse with every post you make. I've exchanged a few PMs with --Serena-- over the last few months and I have always found her to be honorable, truthful and professional; you, on the other hand, wrote this on April 22:

Honestly, this thread has been bumming me out, I’ve been a staunch supporter of Dero for months now and used to love the community’s helpful, synergistic vibe. I used to visit this thread and the Dero forum multiple times a day, but find myself coming less and less. The holier-than-thou approach of the team to an outpouring of disappointment from their early supporters and the toxicity that breeds has killed what I used to love coming to this community for.

I think I’m going to look for another project to join and back. Not sure I can keep going with this community in its current state.

That's not exactly what I would call "being supportive of DERO" as you have claimed to always be. And let's not forget your demand to audit the source code, which could be construed as quite alarming if viewed from the prism of competitive advantage. My advice - worth the price paid - is that you take a few days or weeks or whatever to cool off and quit posting knee-jerk responses to every slight, real or imagined.
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:57:30 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 11:28:28 PM by cpmcgrat

...However, at this point, out of principal I cannot and will not let this go if that is your final position.

I know there are two sides to every story, but your side is looking worse and worse with every post you make. I've exchanged a few PMs with --Serena-- over the last few months and I have always found her to be honorable, truthful and professional; you, on the other hand, wrote this on April 22:

Honestly, this thread has been bumming me out, I’ve been a staunch supporter of Dero for months now and used to love the community’s helpful, synergistic vibe. I used to visit this thread and the Dero forum multiple times a day, but find myself coming less and less. The holier-than-thou approach of the team to an outpouring of disappointment from their early supporters and the toxicity that breeds has killed what I used to love coming to this community for.

I think I’m going to look for another project to join and back. Not sure I can keep going with this community in its current state.

That's not exactly what I would call "being supportive of DERO" as you have claimed to always be. And let's not forget your demand to audit the source code, which could be construed as quite alarming if viewed from the prism of competitive advantage. My advice - worth the price paid - is that you take a few days or weeks or whatever to cool off and quit posting knee-jerk responses to every slight, real or imagined.

I have previously as well with other issues I have encountered (forking, payments, etc) found her to be friendly, helpful and professional. I am making sure to honor my previous assessments of character in every post I make because I am in as much disbelief as anyone over how this current situation has been handled.

Looking backwards at my history, I have been supportive. To your credit, there are posts about the ASICs and Auditing that I feel needed more attention and explanation as to why such an uncoventional path was being taken. Like I’ve said previously, my tone can be standoffish, which I’m well aware of, but I discuss that here because I care deeply about this project. If you remember the audit thread, I was not asking to personally audit it, I was asking to have it audited by any third party. It was not my intention to gain any competitive advantage, only to strengthen the project by addressing issues I’m certain other people were, and are continuing to, think about.

I desperately want this project to be successful, and am an opinionated person by nature. I would not be spending so much of my day on this point if I did not care deeply.

For this point I feel the issuance of bans based on non-publically available data (PMs) with no proof offered to the community other than I was rude is defeating to the vision of Dero to provide the world with a private, secure, decentralized platform. By definition blockchain, and especially private blockchain, is supposed to be among the most democratic and free systems of information flow there are. I wish this was all different from the beginning and never happened, but I cannot let it go for that reason alone.

ritmix

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:46:24 AM

I try to start test derod, but it have system time problem and not sync anything. Despite that my pc synced with time.windows.com.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:56:06 AM

I have previously as well with other issues I have encountered (forking, payments, etc) found her to be friendly, helpful and professional. I am making sure to honor my previous assessments of character in every post I make because I am in as much disbelief as anyone over how this current situation has been handled.

Looking backwards at my history, I have been supportive. To your credit, there are posts about the ASICs and Auditing that I feel needed more attention and explanation as to why such an uncoventional path was being taken. Like I’ve said previously, my tone can be standoffish, which I’m well aware of, but I discuss that here because I care deeply about this project. If you remember the audit thread, I was not asking to personally audit it, I was asking to have it audited by any third party. It was not my intention to gain any competitive advantage, only to strengthen the project by addressing issues I’m certain other people were, and are continuing to, think about.

I desperately want this project to be successful, and am an opinionated person by nature. I would not be spending so much of my day on this point if I did not care deeply.

For this point I feel the issuance of bans based on non-publically available data (PMs) with no proof offered to the community other than I was rude is defeating to the vision of Dero to provide the world with a private, secure, decentralized platform. By definition blockchain, and especially private blockchain, is supposed to be among the most democratic and free systems of information flow there are. I wish this was all different from the beginning and never happened, but I cannot let it go for that reason alone.

I was personally banned for things that happened in PMs and I totally deserved it, especially in hindsight. My advice to you would be to take it like a man and apologize instead of demanding an apology. You're only digging yourself a deeper grave as far as what's left of your dignity. Also, I didn't flood the ANN with my rebuttals and I would advise you to do the same if you intend to keep any respect from the community. You did something out of line and there was retribution. Deal with it.

Last note (just from a personal level) I'm sure you deserved it so, stop playing victim. Like I said, I was mad at first but later realized it was justified. The same realization will probably come to you.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:59:13 AM

I try to start test derod, but it have system time problem and not sync anything. Despite that my pc synced with time.windows.com.

If you aren't already on Slack or discord, join and ask there. Mojo, Serena or the community will help you troubleshoot.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
vampyrus

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:08:31 AM

try this:
in an elevated CMD (Run as adminitrator)

net stop w32time
net start w32time
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:pool.ntp.org
w32tm /resync
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:19:56 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 06:40:03 AM by cpmcgrat

I was personally banned for things that happened in PMs and I totally deserved it, especially in hindsight. My advice to you would be to take it like a man and apologize instead of demanding an apology. You're only digging yourself a deeper grave as far as what's left of your dignity. Also, I didn't flood the ANN with my rebuttals and I would advise you to do the same if you intend to keep any respect from the community. You did something out of line and there was retribution. Deal with it.

Last note (just from a personal level) I'm sure you deserved it so, stop playing victim. Like I said, I was mad at first but later realized it was justified. The same realization will probably come to you.

My point is that should not be happening in the first place. I have apologized to the team for any misunderstanding that may have occurred. It does not matter whether or not I deserve it, it is he-said-she-said at this point and I cannot prove or disprove what occurred in PMs without access to my account.

It is concerning that you got a ban as well. How many people has —Serena— banned because she didn’t like the contents of PMs? That does not seem right at all. I have seen you around here for a long time contributing to this community and are close to the project. It is my belief that blockchain projects should be egalitarian on all fronts.

However, I would like an apology. —Serena— is paid to manage the community. How many paid employees of a companies you have interacted with have banned you from communicating then slandered you? I know if I received treatment like this from a company, whether retail, corporate, or otherwise, I would be furious and make sure it was known how that organization treats people. I don’t know why the expectation should be any different here. I have invested a lot of time, money and energy in this project.

With all due respect, I'm not going to back down from standing up for what I believe is right simply because I'm expected to.

CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:59:25 AM

@cpmcgrat, Stop and finish this here.
Don't comment on any issues on which you don't have any info like whether Serena is paid or not to manage the community. It takes more than technical knowledge & pay for her efforts and support to the community.
Check my post last page or so. Already apologized for any doubts/errors/mis-understandings.
My team and their respect will be top most and above everything. Believe and follow what kryptoid said above.

Its just wrong time wrong place, nothing more.
Pm me here/slack if still any issues.
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:01:17 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 06:18:53 AM by cpmcgrat

@cpmcgrat, Stop and finish this here.
Don't comment on any issues on which you don't have any info like whether Serena is paid or not to manage the community. It takes more than technical knowledge & pay for her efforts and support to the community.
Check my post last page or so. Already apologized for any doubts/errors/mis-understandings.
My team and their respect will be top most and above everything. Believe and follow what kryptoid said above.

Its just wrong time wrong place, nothing more.
Pm me here/slack if still any issues.

Captain, I appreciate your apology and personal approach to the situation. However, I still feel --Serena--'s actions are wrong and unjustified and would like an apology from her.

I do know she is paid, she commented here back in February about how she was leaving as community manager because you were not paying her enough. Then came back when you reached a resolution.

Hello everyone!

I would like to enthusiastically announce that I've officially returned full time as the Community Manager with the Dero Project! Smiley

I've spent some time reviewing all of our official and many unofficial channels of communication to see what has been on your minds in my brief absence. I've compiled a list of requests, suggestions, and general feedback that I've added to my to do/to review lists. I will continue to be around all of our communication platforms as frequently as before to provide support and answer any questions you may have in an expeditious manner.

I can assure everyone that with negotiations settled I'm here for the long haul and I can't wait to be allowed to discuss all the remarkable progress the Dero team has been continuing to make when I'm permitted to do so.

Serena

Also, I would PM you via slack if my account was not permanently banned. That was the start of all of this.

CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:12:27 AM

@MagicSmoker, Your merits gonna explode  Smiley
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:12:32 AM

Hello everyone!

I would like to enthusiastically announce that I've officially returned full time as the Community Manager with the Dero Project! Smiley

I've spent some time reviewing all of our official and many unofficial channels of communication to see what has been on your minds in my brief absence. I've compiled a list of requests, suggestions, and general feedback that I've added to my to do/to review lists. I will continue to be around all of our communication platforms as frequently as before to provide support and answer any questions you may have in an expeditious manner.

I can assure everyone that with negotiations settled I'm here for the long haul and I can't wait to be allowed to discuss all the remarkable progress the Dero team has been continuing to make when I'm permitted to do so.

Serena

After negotiations settled about her pay

CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:17:24 AM

DERO Atlantis testnet live. DeroDAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + Complete SSL implemented successfully. 9 seconds of blocktime.
Everyone welcome to test, download pre-compiled binaries http://seeds.dero.io/testnet/  Atlantis Explorer: http://212.8.242.60:8081/

CryptoTrader178

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:04:52 AM

This is a pretty cool coin. Smart contracts on cryptonight. Even the test net is out.
CryptoTrader178

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:10:01 AM

Is this classic cryptonight that is ASIC mineable?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:24:30 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 03:07:47 PM by MagicSmoker

Quick Testnet How-To For Windows

Download the new wallet/daemon from: http://seeds.dero.io/testnet/ - choose the windows_amd64 binary - and unzip to a new folder.

Next create a new subfolder called "testnet" in the above folder.

Download the database.db snapshot from http://seeds.dero.io/testnet/blockchain/derod_database.db.zip - and unzip it to the testnet folder.

Right click on the derod executable and set to "Run as Administrator" in the compatibility options.

Run the command:
derod-windows-amd64.exe --testnet
to begin syncing with the testnet.

While the daemon is syncing you next need to generate a NEW wallet address specifically for the testnet - any coins mined on the testnet will not be valid once the mainnet goes live (ie - they aren't worth a damn thing). Later on when the official Atlantis wallet comes out [I think!] you'll want to use the "restore from seed" option to import the balance from your existing DERO wallet address to the new Atlantis wallet.

Run the command:
dero-wallet-cli-windows-amd64.exe --testnet
Then select option 2 from the menu - create new wallet
Enter a name for the testnet wallet
Enter a password for the wallet twice
Save the recovery seed
Display the wallet address - save address

Once the daemon has finished syncing enter the following command string at the daemon prompt to begin mining on the testnet:
start_mining <testnet address> <# of threads>
Replace <testnet address> with your address and <# of threads> to a maximum of the amount of L3 cache divided by 2; e.g. - a Ryzen 5 1600 has 16MB L3 cache so max number of threads is 8 (but to preserve desktop interactivity set to 1 or 2 less threads than maximum).

Et voilla, you are now mining completely worthless coins for the good of the DERO network!

EDIT - forgot to mention that Atlantis is exceptionally sensitive to time-sync errors; the easiest way to fix that should the daemon complain your clock is out of whack is to open up the time and date settings, uncheck "set time automatically" then re-check it. That will force an update with the M$ timeserver. Or you can be a masochist and attempt to change the timeserver to pool.ntp.org; good luck with that.

protoberans

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:19:57 PM

I am really exited about dero atlantis, had to register to say that Smiley

Testnet is working fine and even found a block!

DERO: 97140/97526 [97140/97526] P 11 TXp 0 NW 3.2 KH/s > TESTNET>> start_mining dEToixWwr2iR76Muf2rR3eAjmC65L6Bb25vvgGQqhEtfZtnDBugtJmEdYGcCUbXLa4B4r1gSTRYMTf2 GYqU8kPna4QpeV8ZrPm 1
DERO: 97140/97526 [97140/97526] P 11 TXp 0 NW 3.2 KH/s > TESTNET>>
INFO[0428] Block 9ffe6626a8e9c91529a8e7ce0687adbaafd3f90fcc25559ed6b6876c9cbcdabe successfully accepted
INFO[0733] Chain Height 97201                            blid=9f87b212c408543b39116533bd832b68c6f013e52be6ac3d05f112b7f524c94e com=BLKCHAIN
INFO[2632] Chain Height 97401                            blid=75d57c3ce430a9349074e64009aae5d39090ca4e222bbf6930cdcb6d7f3d1b33 com=BLKCHAIN
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

Thanks MagicSmoker for the guide, I think people will find that very useful.

Note that the Windows way of syncing to a timeserver could cause problems.  If you find that even after checking to make sure that Windows is set to update the clock, and has (it claims) updated the clock, you still get complaints about the clock being out of sync from the daemon, come back here and we will try to solve that problem.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:16:04 PM

Quick Testnet How-To For Windows

Replace <testnet address> with your address and <# of threads> to a maximum of the amount of L3 cache divided by 2; e.g. - a Ryzen 5 1600 has 16MB L3 cache so max number of threads is 8 (but to preserve desktop interactivity set to 1 or 2 less threads than maximum).

I'm not sure this is good advice for all cases.  I have a 44 core machine with 55 MB of L3 cache.  Mining with 27 threads (55 / 2) I get about 62% of the hashrate I get by mining with 44 threads.  (I have turned hyperthreading off, so have not tried with 88 threads, but I doubt that would see better performance, and it could well be worse.)
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: