Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:34:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
clip123

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:00:23 PM

Is there a reason to fall in price? trying to understand what is going on here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:22:00 PM

Enough with the sig campaign shitposts.

And enough with the hostility.

Since the Atlantis release on June 23, DERO's price is down >40% while network hashrate has plummeted by >90%, and all because of self-inflicted wounds.

Not surprising given that the DERO team made some boneheaded moves during a brutal bear market for crypto as a whole. I'd say there are some valuable lessons to be learned from all of this, except there aren't: if you need an example of why it is bad to lie to your community then you are a sociopath and beyond being helped in the first place.

No worries, I didn't meant to
There were 4 users posting with signatures for the same coin in short succession. Had literally nothing to do with anything you're talking about, Magic. I was just tired of seeing their posts.

If anything your response was far more hostile than me complaining about posts.

I beleive that you talking about priv signatures. Yes i have One as well. But if you read my posts and my activity in discord i give nothing but support to dero. I love the dero project, i already buy some coins, i dont care if the price its low now. I believe in long term and not dump coins.
My only wish is to have more Money to buy dero.
In some terms i am an noobie, but on another i believe i choose well the projects to follow. DERO its One off them.
Please This is no atack to you, only to explain.

No worries, I didn't mean to offend anyone either. It was more about users that were posting 1 word responses or not adding to the conversation with their responses. That, to me, looks like people just posting for a signature campaign.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:19:18 AM

I, too, ended up coming around on the reasoning behind sticking with original Cryptonight, but after thinking on it some more I identified a few other potential problems:

You know that this tech is literally the best of its kind around, you know what the potential is for Dero, even if they disappointed you with they way they handled things, and it's not like I wasn't disappointed, but I can easily look past it because I use many things and support many things in life that I don't necessary get along with or agree on everything with the people who made it..  At the end of the day, the tech wins, even if you're currently upset about it and some of the earlier supporters are too, the tech and subsequent success will move on with or without you.  I think people are making way too big of a deal about this because in reality it doesn't change their lives in any way, and Dero is still the best tech around, and was never meant to be some community coin that the community makes all the decision on.

Actually, I don't know how good DERO's tech is because the source code hasn't been released, there haven't been any public comments from the "experienced" cryptographers that were asked to evaluate it, nor have there been any updates to the (closed source) binaries since June 29 (implying no one found even a minor bug in the code after weeks of feverish work and a testnet that saw updates being released on an hourly basis at times).

MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

No worries, I didn't mean to offend anyone either. It was more about users that were posting 1 word responses or not adding to the conversation with their responses. That, to me, looks like people just posting for a signature campaign.

Sorry, I guess I misread your motives as well. Fighting spam is always a worthy cause.

CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:50:26 PM

Hello @Everyone,
Since the time the DERO Project started weʼve had the opportunity to grow in many wonderful ways that have helped us bring some of the best technology available to the blockchain. We feel itʼs time to grow in another extremely valuable way by helping with the formation of & “DERO Community Advisory Board” (DCAB). The purpose of this board would be to advise the DERO team on behalf of the collective community, oversee DERO Project development and the community in & manner seen fit for DERO by the community.  All long term DERO supporters and DERO technology believers, pls drop a mail on [support ATT dero.io].

Thanks.

Regards.
Captain
CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:17:21 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 04:29:25 PM by CaptDero

I, too, ended up coming around on the reasoning behind sticking with original Cryptonight, but after thinking on it some more I identified a few other potential problems:

You know that this tech is literally the best of its kind around, you know what the potential is for Dero, even if they disappointed you with they way they handled things, and it's not like I wasn't disappointed, but I can easily look past it because I use many things and support many things in life that I don't necessary get along with or agree on everything with the people who made it..  At the end of the day, the tech wins, even if you're currently upset about it and some of the earlier supporters are too, the tech and subsequent success will move on with or without you.  I think people are making way too big of a deal about this because in reality it doesn't change their lives in any way, and Dero is still the best tech around, and was never meant to be some community coin that the community makes all the decision on.

Actually, I don't know how good DERO's tech is because the source code hasn't been released, there haven't been any public comments from the "experienced" cryptographers that were asked to evaluate it, nor have there been any updates to the (closed source) binaries since June 29 (implying no one found even a minor bug in the code after weeks of feverish work and a testnet that saw updates being released on an hourly basis at times).

There are two options to check out how good is DERO's tech.
1] First Dont wait for others , start  DYOR, Go through the already released source code https://github.com/deroproject/derosuite , let me know if you are capable to figure out something good.
2] Else see below and start believing on others:
 DERO find place in blockchains build from scratch Smiley  https://twitter.com/cryptic_monk/status/999227961059528704

Pls feel free if you still have any doubts.

Rd.
Captain.

RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:10:32 PM

Enough with the sig campaign shitposts.

And enough with the hostility.

Since the Atlantis release on June 23, DERO's price is down >40% while network hashrate has plummeted by >90%, and all because of self-inflicted wounds.

Not surprising given that the DERO team made some boneheaded moves during a brutal bear market for crypto as a whole. I'd say there are some valuable lessons to be learned from all of this, except there aren't: if you need an example of why it is bad to lie to your community then you are a sociopath and beyond being helped in the first place.

No worries, I didn't meant to
There were 4 users posting with signatures for the same coin in short succession. Had literally nothing to do with anything you're talking about, Magic. I was just tired of seeing their posts.

If anything your response was far more hostile than me complaining about posts.

I beleive that you talking about priv signatures. Yes i have One as well. But if you read my posts and my activity in discord i give nothing but support to dero. I love the dero project, i already buy some coins, i dont care if the price its low now. I believe in long term and not dump coins.
My only wish is to have more Money to buy dero.
In some terms i am an noobie, but on another i believe i choose well the projects to follow. DERO its One off them.
Please This is no atack to you, only to explain.

If they do one word posts for signature campaigns they are probably losing their time, since sig campaign's posts need some content to be valid.
If you were referring to my post where I was replying to the "do you own a shitcoin" funny post, it took me 10 minutes to make that post, that's not usually what you0d do for spam. I thought it was funny, if it wasn't, sorry. I'm here because DERO seems to be one of the really cool new coins around, with some new tech finally vs all the cut and paste coins.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
valgandar

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

You know that this tech is literally the best of its kind around, you know what the potential is for Dero, even if they disappointed you with they way they handled things, and it's not like I wasn't disappointed, but I can easily look past it because I use many things and support many things in life that I don't necessary get along with or agree on everything with the people who made it..  At the end of the day, the tech wins, even if you're currently upset about it and some of the earlier supporters are too, the tech and subsequent success will move on with or without you.  I think people are making way too big of a deal about this because in reality it doesn't change their lives in any way, and Dero is still the best tech around, and was never meant to be some community coin that the community makes all the decision on.

1] First Dont wait for others , start  DYOR, Go through the already released source code https://github.com/deroproject/derosuite , let me know if you are capable to figure out something good.
 DERO find place in blockchains build from scratch Smiley  https://twitter.com/cryptic_monk/status/999227961059528704

https://i.imgur.com/t71KA5K.png
https://i.imgur.com/6hZfLhH.png

Rd.
Captain.

The last commit was in April 12th. I think he's talking about all the big changes made in the last months in Atlantis.
krypt0id

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 06:53:36 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 10:01:18 PM by krypt0id

The last commit was in April 12th. I think he's talking about all the big changes made in the last months in Atlantis.

Even if you remove the DAG, it is a port of cryptonote in Go, not a fork.

scott d

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:12:42 AM

Congrat CaptDero, Dero is a long hodl  Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/dArQapw.jpg

Hello @Everyone,
Since the time the DERO Project started weʼve had the opportunity to grow in many wonderful ways that have helped us bring some of the best technology available to the blockchain. We feel itʼs time to grow in another extremely valuable way by helping with the formation of & “DERO Community Advisory Board” (DCAB). The purpose of this board would be to advise the DERO team on behalf of the collective community, oversee DERO Project development and the community in & manner seen fit for DERO by the community.  All long term DERO supporters and DERO technology believers, pls drop a mail on [support ATT dero.io].

Thanks.

Regards.
Captain
MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:53:02 PM

Welp, it appears that --Serena-- has abruptly left the DERO team with no public explanation given. File under: the beatings will continue until morale improves.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

[images deleted]

Rd.
Captain.

All @cryptic_monk said in the tweet/google doc spreadsheet was a repeat of what you have said about DERO Atlantis - that it's a rewrite of CryptoNote in Go.

Furthermore, it isn't even clear if he was referring to the latest Atlantis code - i.e., he met your onerous requirements of either having a MSc/PhD or 6+ years experience in cryptography - or is commenting on the outdated and incomplete code that is available on github (as @valgandar points out).

krypt0id

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:52:06 PM

[images deleted]

Rd.
Captain.

All @cryptic_monk said in the tweet/google doc spreadsheet was a repeat of what you have said about DERO Atlantis - that it's a rewrite of CryptoNote in Go.

Furthermore, it isn't even clear if he was referring to the latest Atlantis code - i.e., he met your onerous requirements of either having a MSc/PhD or 6+ years experience in cryptography - or is commenting on the outdated and incomplete code that is available on github (as @valgandar points out).

The code on Github is still a rewrite of cryptonote in a new language. Before you dismiss that, I think you should take into consideration how hard that is. It requires a deep understanding of cryptography and blockchain. If anybody that can even understand that piece would like to come forward with bugs/security flaws in the Github code, I will allow them to cast a shadow of doubt on the years of experience required to write it (or read it properly).

Until then, I'm on capt's side and I can wait a month.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 08:57:13 PM by MagicSmoker

The code on Github is still a rewrite of cryptonote in a new language. Before you dismiss that, I think you should take into consideration how hard that is. It requires a deep understanding of cryptography and blockchain. If anybody that can even understand that piece would like to come forward with bugs/security flaws in the Github code, I will allow them to cast a shadow of doubt on the years of experience required to write it (or read it properly).

Until then, I'm on capt's side and I can wait a month.

I'm not dismissing anything, and I don't have the programming skill or knowledge of cryptography to make even a cursory evaluation of a blockchain*, but I did start actively trading in my personal brokerage account in the late 90's so I've seen a massively hyped technology cycle play out before...

And just so you know, I haven't sold any of my DERO since the disastrous announcement of June 23rd, so I still believe in the project overall, but that belief is much reduced in strength and I am basically just one negative issue away from dumping my bags for good.

* - which CaptDero alluded to with the snarky, "let me know if you are capable to figure out something good," comment.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:43:37 AM

* - which CaptDero alluded to with the snarky, "let me know if you are capable to figure out something good," comment.

I wouldn't interpret that as snarky.  I don't think Capt is a native speaker of English.  Substitute "able" for "capable" and there is no tone of snarikiness IMO.  No reason for him to be snarky, either.  It's unmotivated.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:14:30 AM

I wouldn't interpret that as snarky.  I don't think Capt is a native speaker of English.  Substitute "able" for "capable" and there is no tone of snarikiness IMO.  No reason for him to be snarky, either.  It's unmotivated.

Meh, it doesn't matter either way because I didn't take the comment personally.
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:42:53 AM

dero.fairhash.org

Transparent Dero pool with 24/7 support

Features:

- Mining to exchange

- Workers

- Adjustable instant payout levels

- Email and telegram notifications

- SSL
Azzi

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:37:32 AM

What Dero devs accomplished so far was a really hard task done very quickly and it seems with rather few bugs they needed to patch. It tells you they are very talented and hard working. There are very few developers in the whole crypto space who can be compared to them. They must have their reasons for the secrecy surrounding the project and we should respect this.
CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:07:21 AM

Full Premine intact as of 12 JULY 2018.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:13:35 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 12:42:46 PM by MagicSmoker

What Dero devs accomplished so far was a really hard task done very quickly and it seems with rather few bugs they needed to patch. It tells you they are very talented and hard working. There are very few developers in the whole crypto space who can be compared to them. They must have their reasons for the secrecy surrounding the project and we should respect this.

Since the source code hasn't actually been released - and now there is some question as to whether "experienced cryptographers" were even allowed to look at it in private - we don't really know what the "devs" have accomplished (put in quotes because I'm not convinced there is more than one).

Frankly, all I can see is a drop in price from $1.70US to <$0.70US ever since the Atlantis announcement on June 23rd; everything else is hearsay.

Whether their reasons for secrecy are legit isn't the question, it's whether their reasons for lying are legit. So far the community, in the form of the market*, calls bullshit on their antics.

* - something devs ought to always keep in mind; once your coin is mineable and tradeable you need to behave more like a public company with shareholders, than a private fiefdom with serfs.

Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: