Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
copatel

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:56:10 AM

Baikal Giant N: 20 KH/s @ 60 W - $3600.
Bitmain X3: 220 KH/s @ 550 W - $12000 in may, then $7600 in june.

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/issues/91

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:59:38 AM

(repost) I just want you all to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say. The Dero team knows that what's going on is not a positive thing, but it's not going to harm the network.

It's easy to get caught up on the things that are troubling you. I believe this is where the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes from.

I think it's critically important to recognize that while others shifted their PoW algos, Dero fixed and continued to work on the issues that allowed so many networks to be attacked recently.

Please don't take that as we're ignoring the ASIC issue, what Dero is doing is looking at the issue from a different perspective and fixing the underlying problems before addressing what exacerbated them.

For full info please see: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-monthly-update/446

If you have any questions please send --Serena-- a message
copatel

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:07:23 AM

(repost) I just want you all to know that we're still going over all of your feedback and our team is carefully considering everything you say. The Dero team knows that what's going on is not a positive thing, but it's not going to harm the network.

It's easy to get caught up on the things that are troubling you. I believe this is where the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" comes from.

I think it's critically important to recognize that while others shifted their PoW algos, Dero fixed and continued to work on the issues that allowed so many networks to be attacked recently.

Please don't take that as we're ignoring the ASIC issue, what Dero is doing is looking at the issue from a different perspective and fixing the underlying problems before addressing what exacerbated them.

For full info please see: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-monthly-update/446

If you have any questions please send --Serena-- a message
This POW is broken. How about switch only CPU minning ? Decentralized and no dump.
korm

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

This POW is broken. How about switch only CPU minning ? Decentralized and no dump.
this is also not a solution to the problem. begin to use cloud mining
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710248.0;topicseen
copatel

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

this is also not a solution to the problem. begin to use cloud mining
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710248.0;topicseen
This is not alternative for dero
Bitmain X3: 220 KH/s = 100% dump
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:27:00 AM

at now only asic can mining DEro!
thanks to the developers that give the opportunity to earn buyers asik.
Simple miners are not here now.
ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!

OH NO! SELL ALL YOUR DERO! RUN!!!

Seriously guys, this is starting to sound like a witch hunt led by cry babies. Mine something else and buy dero or, wait until the POW change happens (as planned). Crying out isn't going to make the change come any faster. I'm just as angry about the ASICs as everyone else but I have something that I like to call "patience". The devs are working on it, calm down. Yes, they could be addressing it sooner and (insert other complaints here) but they have implemented more tech into this coin than you seem to be grasping.

Good things come to those that wait.

KEYWORD: wait.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
copatel

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!

Seriously guys, this is starting to sound like a witch hunt led by cry babies. Mine something else and buy dero or, wait until the POW change happens (as planned). Crying out isn't going to make the change come any faster. I'm just as angry about the ASICs as everyone else but I have something that I like to call "patience". The devs are working on it, calm down. Yes, they could be addressing it sooner and (insert other complaints here) but they have implemented more tech into this coin than you seem to be grasping.

I sell and wait when this POW fixed
This is not monero and eth for now, so ASIC it problem, couple guys will have 50+% all coins and may dump to zero any time.
ph1102

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:13:52 AM

ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!

I sell and wait when this POW fixed
This is not monero and eth for now, so ASIC it problem, couple guys will have 50+% all coins and may dump to zero any time.

On the other side... it is also truth that with these difficulty ASIC miners can't get that much coins as earlier... I hope that there will be no big price drop as you say..
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:04:40 AM

ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!

I agree with this except for the crybabies part.  For success Dero needs healthy criticism from the community, and I wager that the developers and Serena agree.  If you feel you have a legitimate concern, you should not be afraid to voice it here for fear of being labelled a crybaby or worse.  Serena has already emphasised that they are taking everyone's comments and criticisms into account, and as long as they are voiced in a considerate manner, I think they should be welcomed.  At the same time, we do need to take a balanced view and keep in mind all of the technical advances that have been made so far, as air133 says.  And also I think we should appreciate that the developers are taking a long term view rather than diverting precious resources into short-term fixes.  I don't like this situation of high hashrate and ASIC monopoly and more than anyone else here, but I can see the reasoning behind having to live with it for another month or two (at the most).
fellestreum

Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:38:56 AM

I've been waiting over 3 days for my test deposit of 10 DERO to post on stocks.exchange. And yeah, that site is obviously a low-rent operation but theoretically all transfers are recorded to the blockchain so it can't be lost... theoretically.

I thought Stocks.Exchange was working well now?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:48:02 AM
Merited by Speedie (1)

Don't bother replying to tonthattung238 - he made the supremely stupid mistake of copying one of my posts so I reported him/her/it for plagiarism.

I just recently diverted some of my CN-optimized hardware to mining Monero, which I will then use to buy DERO because I can make 6-10x more DERO that way. That said, it tickles me to no end to see that the Baikal Giant-N now makes 6 DERO per day, which is what my 1.9kH/s CN rig used to do. So the ASICs have already been dealt with, in a way.

However, I have allocated just as much hashrate to IntenseCoin because it drastically moved up its hard fork date to deal with the ASIC invasion when their network hit a "mere" 35MH/s. Yes, there were some hiccups from this hasty forking, but overall I feel ITNS did much more than pay lip-service to preserving the decentralization that only GPU/CPU miners can bring to a coin, and I am even more happy to support that project with mining.

I point my hashpower where it is loved and appreciated and I am definitely not getting the loving vibe from the DERO network these days. On a purely intellectual level I realize that even another month's worth of ASICs hammering the network with 100MH/s or more shouldn't affect decentralization too much, but it still burns me to see Bitmain X3 make in 7-10 days what it took me 4+ months to amass.
Aris_Eng

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:15:42 PM

Don't bother replying to tonthattung238 - he made the supremely stupid mistake of copying one of my posts so I reported him/her/it for plagiarism.

I just recently diverted some of my CN-optimized hardware to mining Monero, which I will then use to buy DERO because I can make 6-10x more DERO that way. That said, it tickles me to no end to see that the Baikal Giant-N now makes 6 DERO per day, which is what my 1.9kH/s CN rig used to do. So the ASICs have already been dealt with, in a way.

However, I have allocated just as much hashrate to IntenseCoin because it drastically moved up its hard fork date to deal with the ASIC invasion when their network hit a "mere" 35MH/s. Yes, there were some hiccups from this hasty forking, but overall I feel ITNS did much more than pay lip-service to preserving the decentralization that only GPU/CPU miners can bring to a coin, and I am even more happy to support that project with mining.

I point my hashpower where it is loved and appreciated and I am definitely not getting the loving vibe from the DERO network these days. On a purely intellectual level I realize that even another month's worth of ASICs hammering the network with 100MH/s or more shouldn't affect decentralization too much, but it still burns me to see Bitmain X3 make in 7-10 days what it took me 4+ months to amass.

Exactly what he said!

The longer you wait to fork, the more community members you'll lose in the long run.

+1
CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:12:13 PM

How to start using Dero                Downloads                Whitepaper                Support      

About DERO  

The Dero Project has written a unique new blockchain technology that is based on the CryptoNote protocol. Dero's goal is to create a unique state of the art blockchain technology with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, usability, and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies like the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby allowing for the creation of truly private smart contracts.

The Dero development team has implemented complete SSL across the Dero network which is a first on any blockchain. This encrypts the entirety of our network traffic, which greatly reduces our attack surface, while simultaneously preventing ISPs or other users from analyzing Dero’s network traffic.

Dero's Key Features  

• DERO is a completely new and unique CryptoNote blockchain written in Golang
  • DERO is the first blockchain to have complete SSL in the P2P layer
  • DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 transactions per second on its native blockchain without any lightning networks, validators or off-blockchain solutions
  • DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains
  • CryptoNote privacy
  • Smart contracts
  • Atomic swaps
  • Mobile and offline wallets
  • Lightweight wallets
  • Shadow address
  • Escrow services on the blockchain
  • Address signing and certifying
  • Voting on a private blockchain

DERO-Atlantis update 20 APRIL 2018

About The Developers  

There are three developers working on the Dero Project who have been working the field of cryptography and blockchain development as a team for more than a decade. Dero's research and development team are devoted full time to the project, and can often be found in our Slack channel. For now, the development team are choosing to retain their privacy until the Dero Project incorporates.

Dero Specifications  

• Proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm: CryptoNight
  • Max supply: 18.4 million for the first 8 years followed by an infinite emission rate after year 8 of ~157,000 DERO/year
  • Block reward: Smoothly varying
  • Block time: 120 seconds
  • Difficulty: Retargets at every block
  • Ticker: DERO

Dero's Roadmap  

• Q1/2018 - Dero's new unique blockchain written and full Activation. - Completed ahead of schedule with the extra addition of complete SSL across Dero's network
  • Q2/2018 - Record CryptoNote TX/sec, GUI wallets, sub addresses, atomic swaps, and smart contract testing.
  • Q3/2018 - Smart contract support on chain. Q3 2018.
  • Q4/2018 - Strategic market expansion, team growth, and more (coming soon).

Dero Related Links  

Resource Links  

FORUM: https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER: https://explorer.dero.io
POOL LIST: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-mining-pool-list/147
OFFICIAL POOL: http://pool.dero.live/
BINARIES: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Exchanges & Stats:
EXCHANGE: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
EXCHANGE: https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
Stats: https://coinlib.io/coin/DERO/DERO
Stats: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/
Stats: https://www.difficultychart.com/dero
Stats: https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO

Articles and Media Content  

Dero: A new blockchain technology that brings CryptoNote privacy together with smart contracts.

Shifting from alpha to beta: CryptoNote with smart contracts
b9ron

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 02:37:16 PM by b9ron

Exactly what he said!

The longer you wait to fork, the more community members you'll lose in the long run.

+1

They promise to follow CryptoNight community into PoW change, I bought a GPU miner not for mine Monero or Sumo or another CryptoNote coin, but just for mining Dero... and now they change their mind, again...

At this point you should make the conclusion : they don't care, about us.

MATTX

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:00:39 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 04:57:50 PM by MATTX

Exactly what he said!

+1

They promise to follow CryptoNight community into PoW change, I bought a GPU miner not for mine Monero or Sumo or another CryptoNote coin, but just for mining Dero... and now they change their mind, again...

At this point you should make the conclusion : they don't care, about us.

latest update is one of the best update after long time in blockchain industry. 500 TPS even 200 TPS will be revolutionary on private chain. Ethereum has 20-30 TPS on public chain.
  Would have considered 3 secs block time a joke if announced by someone else other than dero developers.
3 seconds block time with 500 TPS is much bigger achievement to everyone in industry not just for dero.

DERO: CryptoNote Privacy + Smart Contracts   (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508)
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:10:27 PM

Would have considered 3 secs block time a joke if announced by someone else other than dero developers.
3 seconds block time with 500 TPS is much bigger achievement to everyone in industry not just for dero.
BitShares has 2 secs block time and proven 3k TPS with 100k TPS theoretical.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:12:18 PM

ASIC FRIENDLY COIN!

I agree with this except for the crybabies part.  For success Dero needs healthy criticism from the community, and I wager that the developers and Serena agree.  If you feel you have a legitimate concern, you should not be afraid to voice it here for fear of being labelled a crybaby or worse.  Serena has already emphasised that they are taking everyone's comments and criticisms into account, and as long as they are voiced in a considerate manner, I think they should be welcomed.  At the same time, we do need to take a balanced view and keep in mind all of the technical advances that have been made so far, as air133 says.  And also I think we should appreciate that the developers are taking a long term view rather than diverting precious resources into short-term fixes.  I don't like this situation of high hashrate and ASIC monopoly and more than anyone else here, but I can see the reasoning behind having to live with it for another month or two (at the most).

I just used the term crybabies because it is NOT healthy criticism to bring it up in the fashion that they do. Healthy criticism is welcome, FUD is not.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
MATTX

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:30:36 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 04:53:26 PM by MATTX

Dero is POW and on private CryotoNote chain. Bitshare is DPOS and public chain.

DERO: CryptoNote Privacy + Smart Contracts   (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508)
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Dero is POW and on private CryotoNote chain. Bitshare is DPOS and public chain.
Yes, 2 sec block time with 3k TPS was announced by someone else other than dero developers 3 years ago. Is it still a joke for you ?

PS. Dero is DPOW what means delegated to ASICs miners. For other ''members of community'' the only way is to buy Dero on exchange (same as BitShares).
--Serena--

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:33:02 PM

That's comparing a PoS system vs PoW (apples and oranges)
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: