Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Serena, did you ban me from the slack channel?

I despise Slack but I actually went ahead and signed up for DERO's workspace just to see what the commotion was about...

After Mojo’s response to my question I felt hurt and expressed my feelings to the team with apologies for any sort of miscommunications that may have surfaced.

...and, looks like there is plenty of blame to go around: Mojo was an ass; you were an ass; Serena lost her cool, while "Our Captain, O' Captain" is as icy as a dewar of liquid nitrogen, as per usual.

And now I can't wait to see how Slack abuses my privacy.

EDIT - don't bother replying to Jack Cparrow - he just got reported for plagiarism (post #45 in this thread)
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack Cparrow

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:39:38 PM

A large number of new coins appear on the cryptonite algorithm. And most of them do not achieve anything. Developers try to create something on the ready-made starting set. I hope this guys will gayn success
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

Serena lost her cool

I read everything again and I definitely did not  Smiley

The issue was in PMs as you may have read and you're definitely missing a good part of the story.

(Just making sure nobody gets the wrong idea) - much of the originally quoted post is unfortunately inaccurate.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:12:47 PM

Serena lost her cool

You just lost it again!  Grin

Good grief, --S--, haven't you figured out that I am the most insouciant yet obstreperous regular participant in this thread? I mean, I give ol' Cap'n a new name in every post...

On a slightly more serious note, all I can infer from the Slack contretemps is that @cpmcgrat must have pushed your buttons to the point you banned him. That is, indeed, losing your cool, even if it was justified. A more high-minded approach would be to ignore the provocations and only tell the provocateur that if he wants a response then he will have to apologize and rephrase his concerns in a more civil manner.

cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:22:44 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 07:15:02 PM by cpmcgrat

Serena lost her cool

The issue was in PMs as you may have read and you're definitely missing a good part of the story.

(Just making sure nobody gets the wrong idea) - much of the originally quoted post is unfortunately inaccurate.

Serena, with all due respect, I started that PM by complimenting you on how well you've been managing the community up to this point. I then went on to say that as head of community management you should have a discussion with Mojo about those sorts of responses. I expressed that following the exchange on general I was tempted to dump my Dero out of frustration (which is true). I then expressed that I will be holding onto it because I have great faith in the technology of this project, like I have since I started supporting Dero months ago. I then expressed that other community members may not have the same emotional resolve as me and responses such as Mojos may negatively affect the project as a whole.

After sending the aforementioned PM with contents similar to what is listed above. I received no response from you, was vilified over the general channel for being rude in PMs (there was no discussion only my initial PM) then banned. All this following me asking you to simply explain to me over the public channel, where you attacked me, why you felt I was being out of line.

I do not see how that is "rude" or "out of line". I am honestly trying my best to help the project by expressing my opinions. They may be blunt and sometimes negative, but truthful and hopefully helpful.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:26:00 PM

Serena, did you ban me from the slack channel?

I despise Slack but I actually went ahead and signed up for DERO's workspace just to see what the commotion was about...

After Mojo’s response to my question I felt hurt and expressed my feelings to the team with apologies for any sort of miscommunications that may have surfaced.

...and, looks like there is plenty of blame to go around: Mojo was an ass; you were an ass; Serena lost her cool, while "Our Captain, O' Captain" is as icy as a dewar of liquid nitrogen, as per usual.

And now I can't wait to see how Slack abuses my privacy.

EDIT - don't bother replying to Jack Cparrow - he just got reported for plagiarism (post #45 in this thread)

MagicSmoker, I am well aware that my tone may come off as standoffish, it generally does. I felt personally attacked for no reason and expressed that. Was I too harsh? Maybe. But I do not believe that warrants censorship.

CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:28:24 PM

@cpmcgrat , You are welcome. Sorry for all misunderstandings and errors.

cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:33:48 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 07:42:45 PM by cpmcgrat

@cpmcgrat , Sorry for all misunderstandings and errors.
You are welcome.

Captain, thank you very much. I have always appreciated you and the hard work you do here. You are without a doubt one of the best networking and security engineers I have encountered in a long time, and I do not give that compliment out lightly.

However, I cannot help but feel unwelcome. I have been vilified, banned from the slack channel and censored. That feels incredibly wrong to me. As a publicly supported project on a blockchain, the removal of censorship and centralization is a core tenant, especially for a privacy coin. It appears your project is becoming centralized and censored.

I know I may be overreacting, but at the moment I am not happy with how this was all handled. I'm sure I just need time to cool off, the rational engineer in me loves this project for its merits, but my emotional side is haywire right now.

Lcardenas08

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:39:46 PM

Dero testnet is going to be out later today!!! Finally!
--Serena--

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:43:29 PM

Hello everyone!

The entire Dero team is excited to announce that the Atlantis testnet is now available for public testing (http://seeds.dero.io/testnet/)

To start mining on the testnet you will need to create a new wallet
The command to start mining needs to be used in the daemon - start_mining <address> <# of threads >

C:\Users\robot\Desktop\dero_windows_amd64\dero_windows_amd64./derod-windows-amd64 --testnet

C:\Users\robot\Desktop\dero_windows_amd64\dero_windows_amd64./derod-wallet-cli-windows-amd64 --testnet (edited)

If you're getting notices about your system time please update using NTP (or if you're on windows, cycle the auto time sync on/off)
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

Hello everyone!

The entire Dero team is excited to announce that the Atlantis testnet is now available for public testing (http://seeds.dero.io/testnet/)

The command to start mining needs to be used in the daemon - start_mining <address> <# of threads >

C:\Users\robot\Desktop\dero_windows_amd64\dero_windows_amd64./derod-windows-amd64 --testnet

C:\Users\robot\Desktop\dero_windows_amd64\dero_windows_amd64./derod-wallet-cli-windows-amd64 --testnet (edited)

If you're getting notices about your system time please update using NTP (or if you're on windows, cycle the auto time sync on/off)

So exciting! Can’t wait to get this up on all my machines.

Criptocapitan

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:05:53 PM

Hello everyone!

More please describe. We will need create a new wallet, and with the old wallet what to do? Burn it?
--Serena--

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:08:20 PM

Hello everyone!

More please describe. We will need create a new wallet, and with the old wallet what to do? Burn it?

This is the testnet - no need to burn old wallets - just make a new wallet for Atlantis testing (no Dero on the testnet will be kept - it's 100% for tests ONLY)
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:10:21 PM

Hello everyone!

Any reward for testers?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
--Serena--

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:32:15 PM

Hello everyone!

(EXAMPLES)

cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:11:51 PM

[to delete]

cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 08:54:04 PM by cpmcgrat

You are welcome.

Captain, thank you very much. I have always appreciated you and the hard work you do here. You are without a doubt one of the best networking and security engineers I have encountered in a long time, and I do not give that compliment out lightly.

However, I cannot help but feel unwelcome. I have been vilified, banned from the slack channel and censored. That feels incredibly wrong to me. As a publicly supported project on a blockchain, the removal of censorship and centralization is a core tenant, especially for a privacy coin. It appears your project is becoming centralized and censored.

I know I may be overreacting, but at the moment I am not happy with how this was all handled. I'm sure I just need time to cool off, the rational engineer in me loves this project for its merits, but my emotional side is haywire right now.

To be honest, at this point for me to feel welcome, I would need my Slack account to be reinstated and a sincere public apology from —Serena— on the general channel where I was, and continue to be, slandered.

I’m willing to admit my tone may have been standoffish, I may have been a little harsh in my emotional state and I’m sorry for any pain that may have caused. That was not my intention in the slightest and I’d hope my history with this community would help attest to that.

The narrative in Slack being pushed is still being justified by telling the community that my PMs were rude enough to justify a ban without providing any evidence, despite people questioning yours and @Mojo's behavior @--Serena--.

Lcardenas08

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

You are welcome.

To be honest, at this point for me to feel welcome, I would need my Slack account to be reinstated and a sincere public apology from —Serena— on the general channel where I was, and continue to be, slandered.

I’m willing to admit my tone may have been standoffish, I may have been a little harsh in my emotional state and I’m sorry for any pain that may have caused. That was not my intention in the slightest and I’d hope my history with this community would help attest to that.

The narrative in Slack being pushed is still being justified by telling the community that my PMs were rude enough to justify a ban without providing any evidence, despite people questioning yours and @Mojo's behavior @--Serena--.

Can you go cry somewhere else? This forum is for Dero, it's technology, and what it is bringing to the world. Not people banned for being rude and then crying for attention. Thanks,  much appreciated.
Lcardenas08

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:15:10 PM

Hello everyone!

Any reward for testers?

Would be nice.
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:20:39 PM

You are welcome.

Can you go cry somewhere else? This forum is for Dero, it's technology, and what it is bringing to the world. Not people banned for being rude and then crying for attention. Thanks,  much appreciated.

I understand, and for months I have been active supporting this project both technically (through mining and technical support here and over slack) and my promoting Dero over other channels. If you look back through the post history you will find I’ve been around here since February supporting this project.

I believe in this project and have quite a large amount of the publically available supply of DERO, and I intend to keep it that way moving forward. However, I feel personally affronted by the team and will use whatever platforms I can to get my message out there until I feel —Serena— and the team has made it right.

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: