Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
Hopebrignt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:09:11 AM

Why  hasn't the price gone down?

Because, Dero will be listed in Coinmarketcap.  Grin Grin
p/s: i have just seen Volume 24h is ~100k$
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:23:04 AM

On behalf of the Dero team, I want to let you know that making anyone feel this way is not the intention, and in fact what we're doing is exactly the opposite.

I feel it's important to step back for a moment to look at the larger situation as a whole. Many projects that had set fork dates for ASIC-resistance had to push their updates sooner because their networks were being attacked.

Dero has taken it's own approach since day 1. In this case, we feel it's critically important to protect the security, reliability, and robustness of Dero's network to protect everyone's efforts to date. What Dero is doing is looking at the issue from a different perspective and fixing the underlying problems before addressing what exacerbated them.

I strongly feel that when people look back through these posts in the future, they will see that Dero wants the most secure and safest network possible. We will always work very hard to protect our community but you're comparing a critical issue to one that is important, but less critical.

I have been mining Dero myself for 4 months, and so I can understand that ASICs are not ideal. People won't invest in something that is not secure, and they will remember security issues for a long time. It is the miners like you, and I who are effected in the short term, however, in the long term fixing critical issues and prioritizing properly is good for anyone who believes in the Dero Project.

this is bullshit, you are killing gpu mining, look at actual hashrate and what it was 2 weeks ago. Your community is gpu miners not chinese asics farms.Go ahead that way and DERO is dead

So have ascic killed this coin? Did they fork like everyone else?
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:15:24 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 04:47:33 AM by fellestreum

Killed?  Price just went to 0.000180 on stocks.exchange.  That's $1.60 at current prices.  A month ago it was at 0.000034.  That's a 5 fold increase against the price of bitcoin.  In a month.
segotiwul

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:24:48 AM

I strongly agree with the new system created by Dero, as it contains a new blockhain protocol that will have an edge in unique blockchain state art technology with increased reliability, privacy, security, usability and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies such as the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby enabling the creation of a completely private contract not to be deviated from the rules.
Hopebrignt

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:34:32 AM

Killed?  Price just went to 0.000180 on stocks.exchange.  That's $1.60 at current prices.  A month ago it was at 0.000034.  That's a 5 fold increase against the price of bitcoin.  In a month.

if Dero does not list in bigger exchange, i think the price can go back to 0.000034.  Smiley
XxXBigDickXxX

Activity: 25
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:04:16 AM

Finaly i did restore wallet , thanks Zeus))))))))))
fellestreum

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:15:01 AM

if Dero does not list in bigger exchange, i think the price can go back to 0.000034.  Smiley

Seems like an impossible game to predict prices in the short term... in the long term, we are all predicting higher prices (otherwise we wouldn't be here), but in the shorter term, seems like it is near impossible.
fellestreum

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:20:33 AM

Seems like an impossible game to predict prices in the short term... in the long term, we are all predicting higher prices (otherwise we wouldn't be here), but in the shorter term, seems like it is near impossible.

EDIT.  I do not agree with the sentiment of getting on the bigger exchanges as soon as possible.  If Dero is going to be successful, at some point it will emerge from these forum threads and start to be reviewed on sites that are catering to second-tier investors, I mean those who rely on others to do their research for them rather than doing it themselves (as we all have done otherwise we wouldn't be here).  It could start to get bigger coverage at that point, and it is not a good idea for that to happen too soon.  It should happen once the principal goals of the project have already been achieved, as opposed to being mere promises.  You don't want the thing flying up into the sky then coming crashing down in flames.  Much better to fly higher and higher slowly but steadily.

But maybe that smiley face means you are actually hoping the price comes back down to those levels ;-)
tradingbuddy101

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:22:35 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 09:36:20 AM by tradingbuddy101

Anyone who claims ASICS kill coins are out of their mind.

Look at bitcoin, the first ASIC PoW coin... Still going strong.

ASICs make any network safer at a higher cost efficiency. The fact that the companies that make them are unethical by selling them only after mining them for 3-6 months has nothing to do with ASICS, it has to do with those people. So instead of going after ASICs, which are only great, go after the companies that are doing unethical business.

The cryptonight ASICs (or many of them) were sold at discounts recently, this makes it highly likely that the hashpower coming from them is rather distributed

XxXBigDickXxX

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:24:24 AM

Guys and ladies, cant move my coins to stocks.exchange, in wallet it's show message checksum failed, what's wrong?Huh?  And how to insert stocks.exchange adress to wallet, or it's impossible and need do it char by char?  And maybe stocks.exchange gives me invalid Dero adress  stocks.exchange dERimZr1Af9CjQCCUTZQakNLqgDPQCnMfUdTH5fLWoBAg3JnU79jNkFarUVGqwJc6R5NW2qLE5iuocm SHgQWgHop47bTGQ9i61T8KhNy3hSux  
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:06:17 AM

What happened to bitcoin isn't applicable for a number of reasons. Firstly, we don't know the counterfactual; i.e. - what would have happened to BTC had ASICs not been developed for it. Secondly, BTC was the *only* cryptocurrency when ASICs became available, so there was nowhere else for GPU and CPU miners to go. Thirdly, ASICs were adopted very slowly for BTC because its price was quite low and no one knew if it would really ever take off. Plenty believed it would, sure, but it's not like recent history where price went to nearly $20k US and dragged almost every other crypto with it, so now it is more or less known that crypto can be successful. Fourthly, the even more recent crash in crypto prices shows that prices can, indeed, do just that: crash. Since ASICs tend to be very expensive, especially the first batch, those that buy them have a very strong incentive to dump their coins as fast as they mine them to try to recoup the cost, and for a small market cap coin like DERO that can push the price down so far the coin loses all momentum, especially since GPU/CPU miners have been all but pushed out by the ASICs.

Granted, DERO is holding up rather well in the face of the ASIC invasion, but I, and many other long time miners, stopped mining it completely, and if the recent positive price action reverses and DERO trades to new lows because of relentless selling pressure I suspect that many of us once staunch supporters will lose interest and drift off to other projects.

ASICs make any network safer at a higher cost efficiency. The fact that the companies that make them are unethical by selling them only after mining them for 3-6 months has nothing to do with ASICS, it has to do with those people. So instead of going after ASICs, which are only great, go after the companies that are doing unethical business.

The cryptonight ASICs (or many of them) were sold at discounts recently, this makes it highly likely that the hashpower coming from them is rather distributed

These points I mostly agree with, and have argued such before - ASICs can be a very good thing if for no other reason than they are usually much more energy efficient, it's just that the manufacturers are a bunch of sleazebags that are all but untouchable because they are located in countries where, shall we say, the rule of law is not paramount.

CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 01:07:06 PM

Why  hasn't the price gone down?

Because, Dero will be listed in Coinmarketcap.  Grin Grin
p/s: i have just seen Volume 24h is ~100k$

lol
Mezze

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:08:32 PM

Amazing promotion post about dero. But i not found any difference from prev page

We try to keep it visible at the top of each page  Smiley
Volume 100k, cmc

We applied!

Any idea when they'll add Dero?
XxXBigDickXxX

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:20:59 PM

So, how can i move my coins to stock ?? How to copy stock.exchange wallet adress and make transaction? And what does it mean @checksum failed@ Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
fellestreum

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:43:32 PM

What happened to bitcoin isn't applicable for a number of reasons. Firstly, we don't know the counterfactual; i.e. - what would have happened to BTC had ASICs not been developed for it. Secondly, BTC was the *only* cryptocurrency when ASICs became available, so there was nowhere else for GPU and CPU miners to go. Thirdly, ASICs were adopted very slowly for BTC because its price was quite low and no one knew if it would really ever take off. Plenty believed it would, sure, but it's not like recent history where price went to nearly $20k US and dragged almost every other crypto with it, so now it is more or less known that crypto can be successful. Fourthly, the even more recent crash in crypto prices shows that prices can, indeed, do just that: crash. Since ASICs tend to be very expensive, especially the first batch, those that buy them have a very strong incentive to dump their coins as fast as they mine them to try to recoup the cost, and for a small market cap coin like DERO that can push the price down so far the coin loses all momentum, especially since GPU/CPU miners have been all but pushed out by the ASICs.

Granted, DERO is holding up rather well in the face of the ASIC invasion, but I, and many other long time miners, stopped mining it completely, and if the recent positive price action reverses and DERO trades to new lows because of relentless selling pressure I suspect that many of us once staunch supporters will lose interest and drift off to other projects.

These points I mostly agree with, and have argued such before - ASICs can be a very good thing if for no other reason than they are usually much more energy efficient, it's just that the manufacturers are a bunch of sleazebags that are all but untouchable because they are located in countries where, shall we say, the rule of law is not paramount.

It would certainly be quite an interesting counterfactual world where bitcoin had been ASIC resistant from the start.  For one thing the energy consumption of the bitcoin network would be even greater, by an order of magnitude probably, than it is now.  Either that or it wouldn't have scaled up as much.  It might have ASICs to thank for that.

Does the fact the majority of ASICS are probably not being used to mine a specific Cryptonight coin, but are instead being rented out on nicehash, change the reasoning here at all?

And - on a different but related note - is anyone worried about the future of Dero vis-a-vis the fact that it is a POW coin?  The developers of Cardano and other "generation 3.0" coins, and for that matter the developers at Ethereum, seem to think the future is with POS.  If Dero scales up isn't the network energy consumption going to end up being a problem?
b9ron

Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:48:04 PM

So, how can i move my coins to stock ?? How to copy stock.exchange wallet adress and make transaction? And what does it mean @checksum failed@ Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Just use the right mouse button.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

Strong words...it is not so clever to use it in this case, and describe almost half of altcoin forum members as "out of their mind".
Maybe You do not see the whole picture, but only the fragments...
Comparision to BTC is impossible. Compare the network size. Do You know how big BTC network was prior of ASICs? ASICs kill decentralization, the basics of crypto movement. With ASICs the whole network was owned by few miners (solo). There is a big possibility of attacks and manipulations (51%) what is definitely not good for any coin.
Do not forget that GPU miners are "low cost marketing" for any coin developers, and support the coins in their early days, when it is most needed.
Regarding ASIC producers You are completely right, unfair business model. But, lot of users realize that, and avoid ASICs with such impossible ROI period. Specialy for altcoins.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:42:43 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 03:57:40 PM by MagicSmoker

It would certainly be quite an interesting counterfactual world where bitcoin had been ASIC resistant from the start.  For one thing the energy consumption of the bitcoin network would be even greater, by an order of magnitude probably, than it is now.  Either that or it wouldn't have scaled up as much.  It might have ASICs to thank for that.

One theory is that people deploy mining capacity until they reach the practical limit of the power available, so ASICs didn't really reduce the amount of power used to mine BTC, they just massively increased the difficulty (ie - it takes far more computational effort to solve each block, so, net-net, no real power is saved).

Does the fact the majority of ASICS are probably not being used to mine a specific Cryptonight coin, but are instead being rented out on nicehash, change the reasoning here at all?

I'm not really sure about the effect NH has, to be honest. Those that rent hashrate are effectively trading BTC to mine a specific coin, and presumably intend to hold said coin for some period. Those that rent out their hashrate are getting paid in BTC to provide their hardware to the NH marketplace so I suspect the net effect is a total wash.

And - on a different but related note - is anyone worried about the future of Dero vis-a-vis the fact that it is a POW coin?

I am holding a modest position in 2 PoS coins mostly as an experiment (ie - not because I have any particular love for either project), and after a few months of doing so I have found I am deeply reluctant to sell either of them, because I feel like I have to wait until I receive a block reward from staking to justify the time spent. I understand this is not entirely rational, but that's partly why I am doing the experiment, to see how I feel about PoS in general. Consequently, I would say that PoS is not appropriate for a coin intended for transactional purposes (rather than purely contractual, say) unless the effective annual interest rate is in the range of what fiat currency banks pay for a savings account or CD, because otherwise it appears to have a chilling effect on actually using the coin. At least it does for me.

Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

I am holding a modest position in 2 PoS coins mostly as an experiment (ie - not because I have any particular love for either project), and after a few months of doing so I have found I am deeply reluctant to sell either of them, because I feel like I have to wait until I receive a block reward from staking to justify the time spent. I understand this is not entirely rational, but that's partly why I am doing the experiment, to see how I feel about PoS in general. Consequently, I would say that PoS is not appropriate for a coin intended for transactional purposes (rather than purely contractual, say) unless the effective annual interest rate is in the range of what fiat currency banks pay for a savings account or CD, because otherwise it appears to have a chilling effect on actually using the coin. At least it does for me.

Correct. PoS in my opinion encourages hoarding of the coins rather than distribution, whether by outright sale on an exchange or in transactions for goods. It's part of the reason that raising interest rates generally cools down inflation (or at least so the Fed thinks). It encourages saving rather than spending.

krypt0id

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:58:07 PM

Correct. PoS in my opinion encourages hoarding of the coins rather than distribution, whether by outright sale on an exchange or in transactions for goods. It's part of the reason that raising interest rates generally cools down inflation (or at least so the Fed thinks). It encourages saving rather than spending.

Actually it's to slow down velocity of circulating supply (kind of like PoS). It's kind of used to hide inflation that has happened already, not really lower it. It's really just semantics at this point but I wanted to feel like I was part of the conversation.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: