Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:43:23 PM

Is Dero now closed-source with the Golang rewrite?

Anonymous devs and location and closed-source?  No thanks.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:51:14 PM

When will we see the GoLang source? It is quite overdue against original expectations set.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

Good afternoon, I'm interested in your project. Tell me what types of purses have now and planned in the near future?

GUI wallet and mobile wallet (Android/IOS) development is starting very shortly
--Serena--

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:58:37 PM

When will we see the GoLang source? It is quite overdue against original expectations set.

Yes, I'm sorry about that, and it is definitely my personal error. I misinterpreted a conversation and I'm making a strong effort to be very careful about the the deadlines I talk about.

It should not be long but no firm ETA at this time.
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:03:05 PM

Yes, I'm sorry about that, and it is definitely my personal error. I misinterpreted a conversation and I'm making a strong effort to be very careful about the the deadlines I talk about.

If the code is complete as you guys have been claiming (complete enough to have a production daemon in use by stakeholders), what is the holdup?

If expectations are going to be missed and disregarded, I’d appreciate knowing why specifically instead of vague answers.

krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:13:22 PM

If the code is complete as you guys have been claiming (complete enough to have a production daemon in use by stakeholders), what is the holdup?

If expectations are going to be missed and disregarded, I’d appreciate knowing why specifically instead of vague answers.

Probably because it's not ready. This isn't exactly an easy (or copy/paste) project here.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:15:40 PM

Is Dero now closed-source with the Golang rewrite?

Anonymous devs and location and closed-source?  No thanks.

I prefer my devs anonymous. The code will be available for public audit after the golang version is ready. The only reason the network rushed over to golang early was to mitigate attacks. The current golang software is all still technically in alpha.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
--Serena--

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:34:32 PM

Again, I will do better to not make firm dates, my apologies. The team has already said that we will push the code to github when we are ready.

I don't think any actual expectations have been missed though. The source code could technically be pushed but the push was never really set as a firm date to the best of my knowledge, perhaps I'm wrong.

The code for the exchanges went out with more than enough time to fix them on the exchange end.
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

Probably because it's not ready. This isn't exactly an easy (or copy/paste) project here.

Of course not, and I’m not expecting it to be. I just feel if it is ready enough to be asking stakeholders to run it (I’m running a golang daemon myself) it should also be ready enough to have the source released.

I’m willing to extend a certain amount of trust to developers like CaptDero who I have known to release quality products/code. However, I do like to audit long running processes I have on my system and every day I’m running un-audited code makes me more and more anxious.

Serena or CaptDero, would it be viable to setup a core alpha group of community members to audit the existing codebase and report back to the community? I’d feel much better if I knew an outsider validated the underlying system.

--Serena--

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:59:25 PM

Serena or CaptDero, would it be viable to setup a core alpha group of community members to audit the existing codebase and report back to the community? I’d feel much better if I knew an outsider validated the underlying system.

We will discuss this with our team
danktron

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:07:19 PM

We will discuss this with our team

I'd prefer just waiting the extra days/weeks for the focus of code to be released, rather than diverting attention to setup an alpha auditing group to appease a handful of community members, when the code will be changing post audit.  Seems pointless.

https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-rpc-command-api/409

• get_transfer_by_txid (Only Incoming transactions supported)

Some features are still being added.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:50:16 PM

I'd prefer just waiting the extra days/weeks for the focus of code to be released, rather than diverting attention to setup an alpha auditing group to appease a handful of community members, when the code will be changing post audit.  Seems pointless.

Yeah, I totally agree. @cpmcgrat has posted some good stuff in this thread, and overall I agree with his position that the code should be audited* but I also think his panties are too tightly wadded, so to speak. I also can't help but point out that this sort of complaining only tends to happen when a market is in a bear trend; everyone loved Facebook and saw no problem with its egregious data collection practices until Cambridge Analytica came along and used that data to influence much of the US to vote for The Donald (don't blame me - I always vote for the Libertarian candidate).

* -  but for very different reasons, I suspect - I'm way more concerned about bugs like the kind that enabled a hacker to take over the entire Verge network and mine 20M coins.
itslukebenz

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:20:07 AM

Regarding the ASIC problem... After watching another cryptonight coin's nethash skyrocket from 5-7 MH to 35-40 MH I think CaptDero might have been right saying the current 10-12 MH is natural growth. We'll never know for sure but damn, bitmain could mine the shit out of any cc coin that haven't got a low lag diff algo.
--Serena--

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:27:14 AM

https://twitter.com/Serena_fox_dero/status/984587590417313792
cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:48:59 AM

Yeah, I totally agree. @cpmcgrat has posted some good stuff in this thread, and overall I agree with his position that the code should be audited* but I also think his panties are too tightly wadded, so to speak. I also can't help but point out that this sort of complaining only tends to happen when a market is in a bear trend; everyone loved Facebook and saw no problem with its egregious data collection practices until Cambridge Analytica came along and used that data to influence much of the US to vote for The Donald (don't blame me - I always vote for the Libertarian candidate).

* -  but for very different reasons, I suspect - I'm way more concerned about bugs like the kind that enabled a hacker to take over the entire Verge network and mine 20M coins.

I work in network security 9-5, which has hammered concerns into my head regarding any long running process with an internet connection.

I’d personally like to have an outsider audit the existing codebase because I believe I’m not the only one concerned with the delay of code release (seen numerous threads regarding this previously). I believe it could be a solid way to assure the community of the team’s intregrety, allow them to take their time with release, and overall be a net positive for the coin and it’s stakeholders

itslukebenz

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:05:22 AM

Stocks.exchange deposits/withdrawals seems to be back online. Are we now safe to withdraw larger amounts?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:56:38 AM

I work in network security 9-5, which has hammered concerns into my head regarding any long running process with an internet connection.

I’d personally like to have an outsider audit the existing codebase because I believe I’m not the only one concerned with the delay of code release (seen numerous threads regarding this previously). I believe it could be a solid way to assure the community of the team’s intregrety, allow them to take their time with release, and overall be a net positive for the coin and it’s stakeholders

You make a compelling argument, and in principle I don't disagree with it, or the desire to have the audit done before proceeding further with development, but on a practical level there are two issues that make this somewhat difficult: the DERO team has to believe the external audit team is both competent (ie - capable of auditing their golang code) and trustworthy (ie - not likely to run off with said code and make their own insta-fork).

I'm not saying you aren't trustworthy... but I'm not saying you are, either.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

In other news, the spikes in hashrate on the DERO network pale in comparsion to what Intensecoin is seeing: from ~4MH/s to >35MH/s. Their fork is scheduled to happen in about a month, so this ought to be interesting to watch.

danktron

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:37:10 PM

Yeah, a lot of us have technical backgrounds. Why don't you audit the code that is already posted?  Since the code will be changing until release (still in alpha right now) what will the audit accomplish?  You want to audit every release moving forward as well?

cpmcgrat

DCAB

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:22:31 PM

Yeah, a lot of us have technical backgrounds. Why don't you audit the code that is already posted?  Since the code will be changing until release (still in alpha right now) what will the audit accomplish?  You want to audit every release moving forward as well?

The audit will accomplish being able to tell people who are concerned about the code release (of which there have been numerous) that an outsider audit has occurred and code will be released when it's ready. That buys the Dero team a longer runway to develop in private without community blowback.

As for auditing new releases, if the community thinks that would be beneficial I'd be willing to.

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: