Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:35:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283615 times)
nyktalgia

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:48:49 PM

Long story short: an insurance company for Bitcoin-based services.

That idea is really good. You never can be 100% safe. And all the banks and other exchanges have similar insurance-institutions.

It's kind of a start, but who is going to validate that the Exchange is using secure practices in their systems and their coding standards?  Who's gonna run a thorough PEN test to validate the Site is solid?  Who is going to make sure that theses exchanges actually treat transactions fairly, don't front run their clients, aren't getting paid off to let certain big traders aren't allowed to jump the orderbook, etc...

Insurance comes after there is a way to make sure the sites are secured and the consumers of these exchanges are being treated fairly in every way and not stolen from behind the scenes.

Put it this way... either do it right or don't do it at all.

Insurance is a scam, and it is... that is what you are saying in essence... I completely agree bro, you are smart man Smiley

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:50:19 PM

I have to agree, I haven't found a single "Exchange/ECN/Brokerage/??? whatever you want to call these sites that even comes close to what I can get for trading equities. I personally hate all of these web interfaces.  They're hard to program with any sophistication, they expose all sorts of interfaces directly to the hackers, there's absolutely no real charting or Statistical Analysis capabilities and the list goes on... I'm looking for a few people with a different view for this market that would be interested in doing it securely and doing it right!  Anybody have an interest in at least exploring this type of an opportunity?

IM me if you do!

I just started playing with cryptos, mostly for fun, like 2 months ago, so may not have tried all the exchanges yet. I did like the user interface for CoinEX, and they certainly seemed faster than Cryptsy. And they had an advantage of not listing an insane amount of coins for trading. I wasn't fond of the chat box though... and the scripts they ran (javascript? Not sure what it was) -- guessing that led to the exploit.

Anyway, I am curious what people think are the best exchanges. For me, the best is Cryptsy, even with its issues. These are the ones I have tried:

Cryptorush -- UI looks like it was put together by a 15 year old. Just stuff thrown up there, little coherence, weird buy/sell setup, and feels like it'll fall apart any second.

MintPal -- Nice UI, clean, easy to use. But no idea about security.

CoinedUP-  Terrible UI, low volume, extremely basic.

Atomic Exchange -- supposedly good security, but it sort of reminds me of Radio Shack. Odd layout, weird selection, not many popular items, and high prices. You end up making a small purchase, spending longer than it should to do so, then wonder why you bothered.

Bittrex -- low volume, so-so selection of coins. Iffy UI, at least so far -- missing some basic functions. They do seem to get some unique coins early though.

Poloniex -- okay-ish UI, some unique coins. I kind of like them, except for the fact that they lost a lot of people's bitcoins. And that is rather hard to overlook.
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:52:23 PM

have to remember too, bitcoin is based largely off USD, which is rapidly failing... What happens when USD crashes?? BTC crashes too?  We need to figure out a way to rationally exchange bitcoins without having it be an so reliant on electronic exchange.  There needs to be a real BTC that is based of gold that can be exchange for BTC electronically.  This is the best way to secure the currency as a valuable one.    The alt coins needs to do the same thing.....

This is the best insurance and the greatest future for bitcoin... I just am an idea man, but it is one that somebody needs to make happen.

nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:58:47 PM

I have to agree, I haven't found a single "Exchange/ECN/Brokerage/??? whatever you want to call these sites that even comes close to what I can get for trading equities. I personally hate all of these web interfaces.  They're hard to program with any sophistication, they expose all sorts of interfaces directly to the hackers, there's absolutely no real charting or Statistical Analysis capabilities and the list goes on... I'm looking for a few people with a different view for this market that would be interested in doing it securely and doing it right!  Anybody have an interest in at least exploring this type of an opportunity?

IM me if you do!

I just started playing with cryptos, mostly for fun, like 2 months ago, so may not have tried all the exchanges yet. I did like the user interface for CoinEX, and they certainly seemed faster than Cryptsy. And they had an advantage of not listing an insane amount of coins for trading. I wasn't fond of the chat box though... and the scripts they ran (javascript? Not sure what it was) -- guessing that led to the exploit.

Anyway, I am curious what people think are the best exchanges. For me, the best is Cryptsy, even with its issues. These are the ones I have tried:

Cryptorush -- UI looks like it was put together by a 15 year old. Just stuff thrown up there, little coherence, weird buy/sell setup, and feels like it'll fall apart any second.

MintPal -- Nice UI, clean, easy to use. But no idea about security.

CoinedUP-  Terrible UI, low volume, extremely basic.

Atomic Exchange -- supposedly good security, but it sort of reminds me of Radio Shack. Odd layout, weird selection, not many popular items, and high prices. You end up making a small purchase, spending longer than it should to do so, then wonder why you bothered.

Bittrex -- low volume, so-so selection of coins. Iffy UI, at least so far -- missing some basic functions. They do seem to get some unique coins early though.

Poloniex -- okay-ish UI, some unique coins. I kind of like them, except for the fact that they lost a lot of people's bitcoins. And that is rather hard to overlook.

hahah cryptorush, somebody said it was their fav to me before.... i have like 1000 satoshi on there.. fuck it .. h ecan have it Tongue hehe u make me laugh too, i like ur descriptions, honest man

atomic exchange made me laugh out my dick, i hate radio shcak so much, u described it perfectly hahahaha

rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:59:03 PM

Another update.

Initial 24h timeframe was a bit too optimistic, we need more time to catch up.
While we're waiting for an answer from a few investors, we came up to another idea which could bring much more trust into the bitcoin community.

More will come soon, keep calm & carry on.

Thanks!
- erundook

What has an insurance company for Bitcoin-based services got to do with Coinex as a trading platform and people getting their coins back?

I'm not getting the idea.

Also, can you give an idea how much was stolen, and whether it was just BTC. If there were other coins taken, which ones and how many?

Thanks, and good luck

PS: Before you got hacked, some of your wallets were not accepting deposits.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:01:45 PM

Another update.

While we're waiting for an answer from a few investors, we came up to another idea which could bring much more trust into the bitcoin community.

Thanks!
- erundook

What has an insurance company for Bitcoin-based services got to do with Coinex as a trading platform and people getting their coins back?

Also, can you give an idea how much was stolen, and whether it was just BTC. If there were other coins taken, which ones and how many?

Thanks, and good luck

PS: Before you got hacked, some of your wallets were not accepting deposits.

THe point is somebody fucked coinex (or coinex fucked us) and we are trying to figure out how to make shit more secure for the users regardless of the exchange.  You can be a part of it or you cant fuck off.......... i prefer the latter

anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:01:55 PM

It's going to be run like Obamacare. You sign up for insurance after you get hacked.  Grin
priestling75

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

That idea is really good. You never can be 100% safe. And all the banks and other exchanges have similar insurance-institutions.

It's kind of a start, but who is going to validate that the Exchange is using secure practices in their systems and their coding standards?  Who's gonna run a thorough PEN test to validate the Site is solid?  Who is going to make sure that theses exchanges actually treat transactions fairly, don't front run their clients, aren't getting paid off to let certain big traders aren't allowed to jump the orderbook, etc...

Insurance comes after there is a way to make sure the sites are secured and the consumers of these exchanges are being treated fairly in every way and not stolen from behind the scenes.

Put it this way... either do it right or don't do it at all.

Insurance is a scam, and it is... that is what you are saying in essence... I completely agree bro, you are smart man Smiley

The way I see it, cryptocurrency banks/exchanges are kinda like where most banks were during the 19th century.  Your bank got robbed by masked bandits, you were just outta luck.  Later the Fed came along and backed the banks using everybody else's money which spread the risk around but required everyone to pay into the system.  Also resulted in more centralized control over the banks for governments.  Good for them and supposedly good for us, but, as we have seen in recent times, maybe wasn't so good for us.

Personally, I prefer my crypto unbacked and uninsured.   I'll take that risk to keep some government entity's grubby fingers off my crypto.  It means I have to be more cautious about who I do business with and stick only with the people I trust.  And if I get shafted, yeah it sucks, but so does life.  In the end better than being a fiduciary slave to greedy governments and insurance companies.

dogecoin8

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:02:18 PM

Thx for the update!! Smiley

I would love to help finding this asshole(s)!
It should be able to track dem down by retracking the wallet address(s) used for all transactions to get the IP's, by comparing against known wallet addresses which were included during the transactions of all exchanges  (starting by coinex withdraw wallet addresses) ?!?! maybe another GOOD genius "hacker" could get it more closer.

NSA where are your fucking illegal tools to track this dude ^^

Wish you get it running soon it was a great exchange platform Smiley !!

Something like that needs to be done! We must counterattack and find the criminals who do this kind of theft!
Otherwise, the altcoin and bitcoin world is going to fall apart! Who will want to have unsafe coins?   Embarrassed

Damn now you guys are speaking my language, fuck the NSA tho, they are bigger scam than these hackers.... we need a legit network of anti hackers....  I would even give BTC to ppl who actually were able to stop these criminals succesfully.    I would join that group too and help them.

Thx Smiley,
I just want to help Smiley!!
And I think it should be able to do something similar!

Here is my brainstorming:
All Exchanges needs a blacklist service which is able to determinate the way of stolen BTC's.
This sevice has to look backwards along all transactions of this address and then block it if there is a withdraw address observed which is marked as hacked. then if thats the case the exchange should either block it or better move it to a safe place by doing automatic transaction between e.g. 10 offline wallets! That should be safe
Hacked withdraw addresses should be stored at one global service, having multiple backups on other servers and synchonizing mechanisn to ensure security.

So the asshole(s) who still got the BTC (if not already exchanged to real money..) will fail !!!!!!!?

Best for all, and me Smiley
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:04:00 PM

maybe i should just shut the rfuck up and make my own exchange.... i could do 20 times better than you so called hackers... the fack that you are an acclaimed hacker either thinks you made the site and boasted about how bad ass you are yourself... or you are full of shit.  SHouldn't a good acclaimed benevolent hacker such as vitaly or w/e the fuck ur name is know better than to be hacked?  Why i think you are just conning us all...

I could make an honest exchange, with good UI< good security, good support, and make good honest money, instead of your scamming ass.  You have lost all credibility regardless coinEX.

anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:04:57 PM

THe point is somebody fucked coinex (or coinex fucked us) and we are trying to figure out how to make shit more secure for the users regardless of the exchange.

So...give a bunch of money to some insurance companies so they can screw us over too?

It's not like any of the mainstream insurance providers are going to go for this sort of thing.

And realistically you don't want insurance anyway. What you need is cold storage and bonding of the employees who have access to the cold storage.
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

Thx for the update!! Smiley

I would love to help finding this asshole(s)!
It should be able to track dem down by retracking the wallet address(s) used for all transactions to get the IP's, by comparing against known wallet addresses which were included during the transactions of all exchanges  (starting by coinex withdraw wallet addresses) ?!?! maybe another GOOD genius "hacker" could get it more closer.

NSA where are your fucking illegal tools to track this dude ^^

Wish you get it running soon it was a great exchange platform Smiley !!

Something like that needs to be done! We must counterattack and find the criminals who do this kind of theft!
Otherwise, the altcoin and bitcoin world is going to fall apart! Who will want to have unsafe coins?   Embarrassed

Damn now you guys are speaking my language, fuck the NSA tho, they are bigger scam than these hackers.... we need a legit network of anti hackers....  I would even give BTC to ppl who actually were able to stop these criminals succesfully.    I would join that group too and help them.

Thx Smiley,
I just want to help Smiley!!
And I think it should be able to do something similar!

Here is my brainstorming:
All Exchanges needs a blacklist service which is able to determinate the way of stolen BTC's.
This sevice has to look backwards along all transactions of this address and then block it if there is a withdraw address observed which is marked as hacked. then if thats the case the exchange should either block it or better move it to a safe place by doing automatic transaction between e.g. 10 offline wallets! That should be safe
Hacked withdraw addresses should be stored at one global service, having multiple backups on other servers and synchonizing mechanisn to ensure security.

So the asshole(s) who still got the BTC (if not already exchanged to real money..) will fail !!!!!!!?

Best for all, and me Smiley

I like it man, just could be abused too... its kind of like wow abusing the right to ban ppl for saying obama sucks.... but I get what your saying.  BTC transactions can't rly be trolled I guess unless a hacker is involved Tongue but you could also make it look like it was somebody else and lock someone out... it would have to be a secure way of locking ppl out is all... the cell phone auth is a good way imo.  I just don't like being tract like that is my biggest problem.  Plus if something happens to ur phone gg...

bitcoinblog

Activity: 497
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:09:50 PM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

In the meantime, you guys should check out ATOMIC-TRADE

Here's a excerpt from an article about the site:

"Atomic-Trade is integrated with a high speed distributed cache and microsoft sql server enterprise which enables it to host a virtually unlimited user capacity. It also assures that users will have no interruption as changes and updates are made on a multi-tiered system. User capacity is virtually unlimited since servers can be deployed on demand within minutes. Having a multi tier redundant system also means changes and updates can be deployed with little or no user interruption. If a server goes offline more will spool up to take its place or scale back during times of low usage.

Security is tight on this exchange platform as it is hack proof. The password storage system does not store passwords, instead it utilizes a unique hash key that is generated for each user’s password.

In addition, with this extraordinary multi-tier system the actual coin wallets, database, and trade engine are only accessible by designated servers in the same private network. Only the final tier is accessible to the internet via a secure connection. A 2fa option will also be available provided by Authy ensuring users the utmost in security."

The owner also paid a web security firm to audit the site.

Here's the report:

Really sorry for your losses.  Give Atomic a chance if you are willing to trust another exchange.  They are as secure as it gets.

There are a lot of blabbers pops every second day. Anything which is not on your own PC/Server and in your home in front of you is not Safe. Coinex have done this deliberately or not we can say .. input.io name wallet also hacked and shutdown and many said they done it themself bcoz at that time BTC was around $1300 . So anything can happen.

And those who are crying should not get involved in such things which hurts them. Internet or Market all are always risky same like driving on a road, where u are right but who knows due to other's mistake u got accident. So cheer up move ahead and look forward.

** FREE SPACE **
CoinWorks

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

Dear CoinEx admins

Thank you for the quick update, however I would like to have more details.  I fully understand that you are likely fighting fires at the moment.  I don't think it is unreasonable after 4-5days for the public to want more clarification about what the wallet hack details. 

I think that after 4-5days CoinEx would likely have an idea when they might resume operations and the extent of the hack.  Just a ballpark idea at this point ok (6 months, 3 months, 1 month, 2 weeks, 5 days) just select one and give us an update as the date approaches.  It makes me nervous when it takes 72hrs for the basic details and then ask for trust.  Having been IT for a while I know it sometimes takes time to pick through the wreckage after an attack, which is why I am not asking for any more than your best guess at the moment.  It also troubles me that your pools are still running and yet we don't know if where the coins are going.  Do we keep mining or stop.  I am sure most users have stopped mining until more is known.

I like most of the cyrpto currency community would like to see CoinEx be successful and would like to help.  Please give us an idea about each of the different crypto-currencies on the exchange.  Please just post a small table naming each coin and whether or not it was affected in the hack you might want to use the following statuses (affected, not hacked, or unknown).  I think this would go a long way to help the community extend you the trust you are asking for and need.  You should be able to provide this detail in a few mins.

Again I understand you are fighting this fire and need to focus on that event, however if you want the support of the community its time to provide some level of detail.  You probably noticed that the tone of most of the postings have turned somewhat favorable since you gave some type of update.  There have even been some offers of assistance.  This is an active community and most of us would like help.  Keep in mind the success of CoinEx exists on the good will of your customers.

Please update the following information..........

1.  CoinEx down (until further notice)
2.  CoinEX pools still up but unknown if safe to mine

3.  CoinEX 256 currencies
     BTC -  Hacked
     alt coins - unknown

4.  Scrypt currencies
     LTC - unknown but believed hacked
     alt coins - unknown

5.  CoinEx states it will cover the losses (if investors agree) (not clear)

Did I miss anything?
nyktalgia

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:10:41 PM

THe point is somebody fucked coinex (or coinex fucked us) and we are trying to figure out how to make shit more secure for the users regardless of the exchange.

So...give a bunch of money to some insurance companies so they can screw us over too?

It's not like any of the mainstream insurance providers are going to go for this sort of thing.

And realistically you don't want insurance anyway. What you need is cold storage and bonding of the employees who have access to the cold storage.

If you read my previous post I said the same thing, so at least we agree on something hehe.......

cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

no big loss to me, your support sucked anyway. unresolved issues for months with useless replies to my support queries.
shawk08033

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

I dont know what nto think but one thing learned is trust is very hard to gain with crypto-currency. That why I am getting ssl for my pool asap.
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:54:37 PM

You fuckers held hundreds of thousands of my moon during the original pump and my support tickets went unresolved for over 2 months.  And now you've had your shit stolen. I don't feel bad at all about the fact you got fucking owned by your own ignorance.

You ignored support tickets, neglected security issues people brought up to you and now look.  Now you are the one fucked, and there are thousands of people holding you accountable.  Funny how I couldnt get any of you DEVs to release my balance that was stuck in a held position for months, but im sure whoever the fuck compromised your security was able to get it within seconds.  So if it means I will never get my .5 BTC back thats fine, Im just glad you are sitting in a position worse then I have been for two months trying to make ANY FORM of COMMUNICATION with you or ANYONE at coinex.  Maybe we should find out who did it and have them open an exchange as it seems they can get shit done in a timely fashion

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
superflypmp

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

Just as a followup to my earlier post a few posts back.  I reported my account hacked on 3/8 and have yet to receive a response (not expecting one now obviously).  However, the 8th was well before they acknowledged and started investigating a security issue on 3/16 as per their Twitter account.

gmaz

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

Another update.

Thanks!
- erundook
tks for the update, please take a look on my PVT message.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: