Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy  (Read 355551 times)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:50:26 AM

Guys, can I ask how much you tend to be making from this over say, 2 days?   I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all Smiley

If I'd stayed with my previous pool I'd be up about 0.7BTC right now.

I do have 0.68 (estimated) sitting in bloody's right now, but of course as it's going to take them a few weeks to solve a block, as soon as that hits 43% it'll erode down to most likely nothing, so it doesn't really count.   Perhaps I'm better off just getting rid of that pool altogether and the spare cycles can go to one of the PPS backups...
varies.

but it's well over my calculated/expected payout.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:54:07 AM

Guys, can I ask how much you tend to be making from this over say, 2 days?   I've been at it two days now and I've made approximately 2 tenths of bugger all Smiley

If I'd stayed with my previous pool I'd be up about 0.7BTC right now.

There is luck in hopping just like everything else.  The last two days may not have had a ton of blocks being solved, and it REALLY depends on which pools you use.  If you are using MtRed, Bitclockers, bitcoins.lc and polmine, then you should have made a fair bit over the last two days.  Smaller pools take longer to solve blocks but sometimes give massive rewards.  

I made 0.7283375 over the last two days at those 4 pools combined, and I have shares at like 7 other pools waiting for them to find a block.  And that is not to mention the payout from the backup pools which I don't really keep track of but was at LEAST .2 btc over the last two days.  Running around 690mhash/s just for reference.

Side note:  If bitclockers would stop their nonsense, I would have made a lot more than what I listed there.  They were really lucky over the last couple days and since they started messing with hoppers they have probably cut my payouts in half.

Hmm.  I did start to mine at bitclockers, but I found that none of my shares were being counted on their site so I promptly sacked them off.

From MtRed over the last two days I've made:  0.12
Bitcoins.lc: 0.008
Pol: 0.07

This is with 880Mhash.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:55:14 AM

one minor issue ED with your fork...

if you change the status of one of the miners with slices.. it just goes to back up until you change it back.

I was having issues with bloody again..and just decided to turn them off for a while.. well they had 300 of my slice shares.

the hopper decided to mine arsbitcoin for a good while, despite bitclockers had 6%.. if i disabled ars it just went to a different backup.. it was only when i reenabled bloody and let it finish did it reslice.

this makes it kinda hard to disable a bad server without having to actually restart.

mooo for rent
simonk83

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:00:03 AM

What causes a server to turn red in the info page?  I started on Bitclockers again and almost immediately it turned red and kicked me off.   It tried again just now and lasted about a minute before it went red again and switched.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:02:13 AM

bloody's
ozcoin
Slush
BitcoinPool
Bitcoins.lc
MtRed
PolMine
RFC
Triple
Backups are:
Eligius
Ars

turn off eligius if you are slow like me.. takes forever to get the auto payout for me. I do well with just ars, sometimes i back up to bitpit instead.

slush is mine at your own risk

sometimes the hopper can have slow days especially when you add a small tiny pool like bloodys and you mine there all freaken day long cause it is taking us forever to get to 43%... which is one of the reasons we added slicing. I put bloody on info.

you probably mined at bloodies all day like me the other day.. it might pay out ok when they find a block.. but it is a big waste of time if they go long.

What causes a server to turn red in the info page?
server turns red if it cant connect.
if you just started the server it could be a bad user or pass..if it starts off the right color and then turns red it is site issues. Bitclockers hates us and has been known to screw with us. That one goes red on me all the time. I still mine there but yeah that is annoying.

mooo for rent
simonk83

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:09:00 AM

bloody's
ozcoin
Slush
BitcoinPool
Bitcoins.lc
MtRed
PolMine
RFC
Triple
Backups are:
Eligius
Ars

turn off eligius if you are slow like me.. takes forever to get the auto payout for me. I do well with just ars, sometimes i back up to bitpit instead.

slush is mine at your own risk

sometimes the hopper can have slow days especially when you add a small tiny pool like bloodys and you mine there all freaken day long cause it is taking us forever to get to 43%... which is one of the reasons we added slicing. I put bloody on info.

you probably mined at bloodies all day like me the other day.. it might pay out ok when they find a block.. but it is a big waste of time if they go long.

What causes a server to turn red in the info page?
server turns red if it cant connect.
if you just started the server it could be a bad user or pass..if it starts off the right color and then turns red it is site issues. Bitclockers hates us and has been known to screw with us. That one goes red on me all the time. I still mine there but yeah that is annoying.

Ok, thanks mate, much appreciated.   I'm expecting to double my hash rate if my damn risers ever arrive (grrrr), so I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now Smiley

Is there any benefit changing the Bitclockers server to pool2 or pool3 in the pools.cfg?
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:18:42 AM

I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now
you can quit eligius if you want, they also pay off after a week of inactivity, or stay, it doesnt matter. personal choice. And i put bloody on "info" i want to see me get paid first with that site, before i trust them too much, plus i keep losing connection anyways, but slicing fixes the all day at bloodys problem.. or should, but definitely probably part of some peoples less than stellar averages. so turn them on if you want, i have them on info.. or leave it disabled and you will hear from us when they pay out.

Is there any benefit changing the Bitclockers server to pool2 or pool3 in the pools.cfg?

mixed results.. personally I have about the same amount of luck with all of them.

he came in here once talking about how we were causing him problems with his site, best to search bitclockers and read some of it. he talked about messing with our connections cause of the problems he was having. And well we were causing problems, his bitching got us to looking into our stales, well c00w and gnaget anyways, and we saw that we were submitting bad data when switching pools and now it is all fixed.

so i dont really know the end to this story, we shouldnt be screwing up his site much anymore, but i still have connection issues all the time.

mooo for rent
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:24:10 AM

I might leave eligius for the time being until I get the first payout, then I'll get rid of it.    I've disabled bloody's as you suggested, and I guess I'll just put up with Bitclockers hardly ever working for now
you can quit eligius if you want, they also pay off after a week of inactivity, or stay, it doesnt matter. personal choice.

mixed results.. personally I have about the same amount of luck with all of them.

he came in here once talking about how we were causing him problems with his site, best to search bitclockers and read some of it. he talked about messing with our connections cause of the problems he was having. And well we were causing problems, his bitching got us to looking into our stales, well c00w and gnaget anyways, and we saw that we were submitting bad data when switching pools and now it is all fixed.

so i dont really know the end to this story, we shouldnt be screwing up his site much anymore, but i still have connection issues all the time.

Has anyone grabbed a new account from bitclockers since the useragent and stales were fixed? It might be worth a try.
muyoso

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:26:49 AM

Has anyone grabbed a new account from bitclockers since the useragent and stales were fixed? It might be worth a try.

I would have to guess he is doing it through ip, but seriously if anyone has a solution please pm me it.

I drink it up!
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:29:42 AM

I would have to guess he is doing it through ip, but seriously if anyone has a solution please pm me it.

Probably the best bet would be to recontact him. He was upset for sure but he was also communicative. He sounded like he is someone who could be reasoned with. If one of you dont contact him I might.I'll tell him we have fixed our shit and if he fixes his, he can have 1% of my reward.

mooo for rent
muyoso

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:33:29 AM

Probably the best bet would be to recontact him. He was upset for sure but he was also communicative. He sounded like he is someone who could be reasoned with. If one of you dont contact him I might.I'll tell him we have fixed our shit and if he fixes his, he can have 1% of my reward.

I would gladly donate 1% for him to disable the antihopper things, but I doubt he would ever do it.  Go back and read what he wrote.  If I remember correctly it was quite hostile.  

No matter what, I would love to get bitclockers working fully again because they pay out so well.

Ps, if you do contact him I would recommend doing so through pm, because his uers might not respond well to the pool op working with pool hoppers in exchange for a donation.

I drink it up!
simonk83

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:36:32 AM

I would gladly donate 1% for him to disable the antihopper things, but I doubt he would ever do it.  Go back and read what he wrote.  If I remember correctly it was quite hostile.  

No matter what, I would love to get bitclockers working fully again because they pay out so well.

Yep, I'd be happy to donate 1% as well.  I'm sure we all would.  
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 05:40:43 AM

re: penalty option, this is where the dynamic penalty option of ryo worked so well.

Ha, I guess I don't trust anything I don't understand... I found for non-prop pools or delayed pools, dynamic penalty would push those quite low and I felt like I was mining unprofitable pools quite often. Oh well, in anycase, hopefully I'll have time to port it over, but not sure how well I can test it.

I think I'm secretly hoping Ryouiki or someone else will take the plunge, I just set the stage by extracting out most of the "scheduling" code Wink

I just added a new LP system and a slice scheduler similar to flowers. New lp is on by default. Scheduler uses --scheduler SliceScheduler

Oh and ryou's dynamic penalty doesn't conflict with my code. Its just another item that needs to get added.

From a project management perspective, I'd recommend letting ryo finish integrating slicing into his fork (which he's working on now, I believe) and then merge it all in together. He's doing time based, multi-threshold with dynamic penalty now and it will be all that including slicing when complete. Seems like merging the complete package would be easier than making it fit into another slicing implementation. Just my two bits.

After the last day of slicing eating everyone's lunch I would just reiterate that Ryo is working on getting slicing integrated into his fork. Let him do the work and then merge commit it.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 05:44:27 AM

Regarding BitClockers, I don't think it's IP based.

I've been testing Cherry Picker for the last day and a half and it's been heavily picking on BitClockers - to great profit, I'd add.

There is some fingerprint left through the proxy - maybe the UA is still wrong and giving away. Cherry Picker just controls poclbm directly and poclbm does the mining directly. BitClockers hasn't messed with any of my mining activities while using Cherry Picker.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
muyoso

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:45:25 AM

Just checked out bitclockers thread on here, and in the second post he refers to us as "cheaters", so I doubt he will work with us.  Need to find a way to get around bitclockers nonsense.

I drink it up!
muyoso

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:46:15 AM

Regarding BitClockers, I don't think it's IP based.

I've been testing Cherry Picker for the last day and a half and it's been heavily picking on BitClockers - to great profit, I'd add.

There is some fingerprint left through the proxy - maybe the UA is still wrong and giving away. Cherry Picker just controls poclbm directly and poclbm does the mining directly. BitClockers hasn't messed with any of my mining activities while using Cherry Picker.

New account or same account you used with bithopper?

I drink it up!
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:59:58 AM

I sent him a pm

anyways this is the part that gave me hope. bolding mine.

Sorry, proportional is the only fair mining method. A share is a share, no matter when it is submitted.
TBH, I really don't mind hopping that much. But as i said before, when it starts wreaking havoc on the pools you're hopping on the problem must be addressed. Hoppers are hundreds of thousands of work requests all hopping together to the same pool; might as well be a "DDoS".

his whole reason for coming in here was the high stale problem, as we were submitting bad data and he wanted to tell us to quit. That's the wreaking havoc. That is fixed. Also with the slice now, if we all use different numbers, we wont be hopping simultaneously onto the pools. Their hash rate with rise a bit less drastically. SO that pretty much addresses all the issues he has as a pool OP. ADD 1% of a few gigahashes...well i think the PM might have a chance.

mooo for rent
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:01:33 AM

index.html is fracked Sad
Red on dark gray? Seriously?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
muyoso

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:02:20 AM

I sent him a pm

anyways this is the part that gave me hope. bolding mine.

Sorry, proportional is the only fair mining method. A share is a share, no matter when it is submitted.
TBH, I really don't mind hopping that much. But as i said before, when it starts wreaking havoc on the pools you're hopping on the problem must be addressed. Hoppers are hundreds of thousands of work requests all hopping together to the same pool; might as well be a "DDoS".

his whole reason for coming in here was the high stale problem, as we were submitting bad data and he wanted to tell us to quit. That's the wreaking havoc. That is fixed. Also with the slice now, if we all use different numbers, we wont be hopping simultaneously onto the pools. Their hash rate with rise a bit less drastically. SO that pretty much addresses all the issues he has as a pool OP. ADD 1% of a few gigahashes...well i think the PM might have a chance.

I hope it works.  His pool is very valuable among the few we have to hop, and I would love to be able to use it effectively.

I drink it up!
simonk83

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:08:36 AM

From what I could figure out it seems like bitclockers is limiting the getwork requests per worker which makes it a pain in the ass to use reliably.

Ive setup multiple workers and holding stable connection now but as soon as I push all my gpus through one worker the crapshoot starts to happen.

How do you go about referencing multiple workers in the BH config files?
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: