Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
greatfariola

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:07:35 AM

I totally understand that Bitcoin can be used for both good or not so good intentions. Given that it provides anonymity, it's no secret that bad people are taking advantage of not only Bitcoin, but the entire crypto space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cloudbleron18

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:01:21 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet.begitu also with bitcoin which also used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
i dont think so but if it use by criminals its not good we need to be careful to all users dont use bitcoin to crime because karma is always there to revenge us just use bitcoin as a good influence say no to crime.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

Bitcoin can be used by criminals. But so does fiat currencies like the USD and other currencies.

People having the mindset that bitcoin is being used by criminals and should be banned is heavily flawed. Cooking knives are also being used by criminals, or specifically murderers to kill, but does it mean that knives should be banned? No. Because knives aren't made for that purpose. Same with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

It's been a stigma for quite some time - that bitcoin is used by criminals and therefore makes it illegal or bad. Bitcoin is simply a medium that may be used by criminals or anyone who have bad intentions. It's just a minority of the users yet people still think that it is prevalent.

There are a lot of other mediums used by criminals such as fiat and as said, 'cooking knives' but this does necessarily render these things as bad or illegal. It all comes done to the user and their morals.

W4terhouse

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:56:45 AM

Bitcoin can be used by criminals. But so does fiat currencies like the USD and other currencies.

People having the mindset that bitcoin is being used by criminals and should be banned is heavily flawed. Cooking knives are also being used by criminals, or specifically murderers to kill, but does it mean that knives should be banned? No. Because knives aren't made for that purpose. Same with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

It's been a stigma for quite some time - that bitcoin is used by criminals and therefore makes it illegal or bad. Bitcoin is simply a medium that may be used by criminals or anyone who have bad intentions. It's just a minority of the users yet people still think that it is prevalent.

There are a lot of other mediums used by criminals such as fiat and as said, 'cooking knives' but this does necessarily render these things as bad or illegal. It all comes done to the user and their morals.

Agree with you. And if the regulation for Bitcoin coming from governments makes it impossible to use it illegal (hypotheticaly), the criminals will find other ways to laundry money, and do illegal stuff. Cars are also used by criminals.

didoubk

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

Yes bitcoin as everything in this life is a double-edged weapon..So it is normal to find criminals in all over the world using it in a bad way because, as a virtual currency it helps a lot to do things out of the control of governments and to avoid lows.
W4terhouse

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:07:54 AM

Yes bitcoin as everything in this life is a double-edged weapon..So it is normal to find criminals in all over the world using it in a bad way because, as a virtual currency it helps a lot to do things out of the control of governments and to avoid lows.

Good word "double-edged weapon". Describes it very good.

k_kuchkarov

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:48:25 AM

Any electronic currency and,  the currency as a whole can be used and used in criminal ways.
The same bitcoin is the currency of the future, sooner or later when everyone starts moving into cryptocurrencies, the terrorists will not pay in kind)))
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:55:32 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used for any payment this may be bitcoin used for ransom payment or used for crime but bitcoin has very open technology so it will be difficult to criminal in bitcoin. because it will definitely be tracked through the bitcoin's address.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Aymen95

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:51:51 PM

Unfortunatelly, yes bitcoin is being used by criminals to fund their illegal activities. Being untraceable, paying with bitcoin is the safest payment way that criminals do to avoid getting traced down. These kind of activities had a negative effect on bitcoin. Using bitcoin is classed as a crime in several countries to avoid problems, while bitcoin could've been a good opportunity for many citizens of those countries, which banned bitcoin, to make money out of it.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:00:37 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

criminals will use anything liquid and valuable to carry on with their illegal activities. so it's not just bitcoin and the internet. let's say you're able to shutdown the internet. would criminality end? unfortunately, it won't. they'll find other means to continue illegal deeds and heftily profit from it.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

I think that's the one of disadvantages bitcoin.. we can't to know who use bitcoin and bitcoin used for what.. bitcoin has no regulation and it is possible if bitcoin used by criminals, but I hope the bitcoin users in here can use their bitcoin in a good way..
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:33:35 PM

I feel like the title is a bit misleading when you put it in the context of bitcoin been used by criminals...sounds like its the only payment method available to them but as far as i know, fiat is the number one culprit in terms of making it easy for criminals going about their daily business....and bitcoin is for everyone it does not have a barrier to stop anyone from using it.
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:35:58 PM

Yes, sadly, bitcoin was first used as the currency exchange on deep web based on the lecture of my proctor. Bitcoin was used to buy drugs, gun and also to hire killer.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:39:20 PM

I don't think so that criminals use it because they can easily get tracked once they've done a transaction it will be forever viewed in public but it is possible that bitcoin and other crypto currencies can be used by criminals. If some people say that bitcoin should be banned because they're used by criminals why, don't they ban flat first? Just a simple logic. Grin
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:45:03 PM

I guess so, I have heard the news that terrorists and some criminals are funded easily right now through bitcoin and cryptocurrency. And authorities cannot easily track them.
indeed evil things can happen, and done by someone using bitcoin, and that's each person's choice. in my opinion, many also use bitcoin for positive things.
Coins_Hiro

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:45:16 PM

Most probably. I've read about some articles too last year that it has been used for illegal activities so I guess it's just another currency that could be used in legal and illegal ways as long as you can spend it.
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:47:07 PM

Yes, like every currency in the world. But please, don't do anything bad with either bitcoin, Fiat money or gold. This will kill trust.
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:51:34 PM

Absolutely everything can be used and used by bad people for criminal purposes. Because of this, you should not question the common right of people to anonymity on the Internet. Some people and structures are constantly raising this topic with the aim of discrediting the crypto currency. However, the cryptovata itself has nothing to do with it. Criminality is a purely law enforcement issue, and customs help them to do this.

True. Criminals are human too so we all get equal rights but we don't have equal morality.  What we use criminals can use too. In addition bitcoin is open for everyone who has knowledge to use it. So even kids, old ones and criminals can use it as long as they want. This topic is obvious enough because looking at the history of bitcoin, primarily criminals are initially using it before our turn and up to now scammers are using it too.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
Hopeman1

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

How can bitcoin be used for crime when bitcoin is so easy to track? Most are now using anonymous tokens for illegal crime.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

If some people say that bitcoin should be banned because they're used by criminals why, don't they ban flat first? Just a simple logic. Grin

Because people are idiots. I can even abuse PayPal's platform to purchase drugs and whatnot, and that without being noticed by anyone. It doesn't cost me any effort to buy a prepaid bank card which I can use to top up my PayPal account created with fake information, and from there finance terrorism, buy drugs and weapons, etc. Does that mean PayPal should be blamed for that? Nope. It's the end user that should be blamed, and never the tool. In other words, if people want to ban Bitcoin, then they should ban literally anything that potentially allows itself to get abused. In that case there will be nothing left to pay with, and should we then disable the entire internet as well?  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: