Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
william1135

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:00:06 AM

It is used in illegal transactions because transactions in bitcoin are all untracable. They are remaining anonymous which is perfect for some criminal activities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:08:53 AM

It sure is getting used by some criminals after all bitcoin was popular on the underground market in the internet.
I watch some documentary about bitcoin and found out that it was once used in the black market called SilkRoad where you could buy some stuff using bitcoin.
And I think it is also one of the reason why bitcoin is so popular,Because anybody could use it without having a trace or without having their information.

buhuchain

Activity: 100
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

This is why many countries still prohibit bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital transaction and can easily be used by criminals to commit crimes.
Turboeend

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:39:50 AM

Here in the netherlands you sometimes see some news items on criminal orginisations
Which got busted. They see they think they dealt in BTC too but who knows whats through on the whole
media. It’s mostly on organisations which are hard to catch. Those people who do get arrested are put in a jiffy
anyway. Mostly not more then a week or 2.

But on the other hand. Everything where money is involed there will be scams and crimes.
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:41:26 AM

it seems criminals are always looking for opportunities to be able to commit crime and they find it in bitcoin and they start doing some crime here as I've heard they use bitcoin for crime
cryptobd86

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:42:44 AM

Bitcoin is quite popular. It works as a lot of payment processor. So, gambling, dark web is used. But, because the information is hidden, criminals are getting many opportunities.

◌◯◌◌   SLATE.io   ●   THE ENTERTAINMENT CURRENCY   ◌◌◯◌
A BLOCKCHAIN MEDIA DELIVERY AND STORAGE PROTOCOL
bablu10

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:47:01 AM

now bitcoin is the worldest best coin many people lead his life by earning it. but its unbelievable that bitcoin used by criminals.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:47:45 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Sure Bitcoin is used by criminals, but so is cash and so are cellphones. This argument doesnt work.

Are you going to ban all cellphones because some terrorists use it to call each other and coordinate an attack? I didnt think so.
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:48:59 AM

so the criminals are using the bitcoin to get mad at other people especially those who are easy to hack and share information about their private life.
Eterbank

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:52:19 AM

Bitcoin gives freedom to people. And that freedom sometimes means doing illegal activities. But for criminals if there is a way they will find it

eterbankPay anywhere, buy anything with Cryptoeterbank
ANN THREADWHITEPAPERBOUNTY THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬FacebookTwitter▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 339

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:54:29 AM

There is no chance that the criminals will not use bitcoin because bitcoin is anonymous and fast and can be also a gateway for them to launder money which is one of the easiest way to wash their dirty money. Criminals are for sure using bitcoin to do transaction and to make some payment for their illegal stuffs.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:58:27 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Sure Bitcoin is used by criminals, but so is cash and so are cellphones. This argument doesnt work.

Are you going to ban all cellphones because some terrorists use it to call each other and coordinate an attack? I didnt think so.
Yes, every thing can be use by criminals if they want to and that is not a new story of every government who force to give a bad image about bitcoin.
Money is hot that is why it is the root of some criminality, but to think that not bitcoin alone, how about the fiat? even though bitcoin is having no central control but still there is no enough basis to say that it was used by crime.

ucingucingan

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:00:45 AM

Not only is bitcoin used for criminal acts, but also cash is often used for criminal acts, I think bitcoin is just a medium to easily transfer money from one person to another without the large fees charged, yet many people commit crimes choose bitcoin because of the anonymous nature of bitcoin so the identity of the receiver and the recipient can not be known, this makes it difficult for the authorities to investigate.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:15:11 AM

I think some of them maybe we can said to be irresponsible and have more capability in the digital field to commit criminals, because the nature of bitcoin is so anonymous, and ain't protected by the government in a some country, I think it will makes easy for them to access data that they'll be looking to commit a criminals.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:20:22 AM

Unfortunately, yes, it is used. Since one of the properties of Bitcoin is anonymity in the production of a transaction, which gives free in actions for criminal schemes
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:23:18 AM

I think some of them maybe we can said to be irresponsible and have more capability in the digital field to commit criminals, because the nature of bitcoin is so anonymous, and ain't protected by the government in a some country, I think it will makes easy for them to access data that they'll be looking to commit a criminals.
Well, as said by mate that it may be possible to use by criminal also because bitcoin is a currency and any one who have idea about bitcoin and have experience can earn bitcoin while also anyone can buy bitcoin from its own currency so if criminal can get bitcoin from some place and then used it illegally then there is no mistake of bitcoin but its mistake of bitcoin user. I think everyone need to used there money for some best purposes and try to avoid their money in using some bad places.
George P.

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:38:07 AM

Not necessarily!! yes there has been some incidents but now bitcoin can be used also for store of value!!
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:46:26 AM

An item is always produced in good and bad, just like a nuclear, it can be made into a power station or an atomic bomb. We can not see the bad side and reject the good side. Bitcoin is used by criminals, not bit The wrong coin, but the criminal.
janah

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:50:28 AM

Yes of course, criminals are also using bitcoin and there are also criminals that scamming bitcoin. Scammers are not new to crypto world example they want to buy some bitcoins peer to peer and then after sending the bitcoin they will not pay for it. Hackers there are many hackers to the bitcoin industry like sending link and then they might open your wallet in instant way by clicking the link.
htmcoin

Activity: 114
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

I guess so, I have heard the news that terrorists and some criminals are funded easily right now through bitcoin and cryptocurrency. And authorities cannot easily track them.
You are right because the address of the bitcoin address is anonymous, and because of the decentralized nature of bitcoin, global law enforcement can neither find out the owner of a bitcoin address nor can it sequester funds that freeze a bitcoin address . So authorities can not easily track them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: