Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
xiaowu55

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:08:59 AM

We can't assume that bitcoin is being used by criminals because a small number of criminals are paying for it.
We can see the proportion of the bitcoin used by criminals, it is a very small proportion of the forehead, then criminals use fiat money crime, whether fiat money is being used by criminals, the answer is no, now because of the bitcoin payment, now more and more criminals use bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poppbets

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:13:03 AM

black market they sell shits and all illegal stuffs and they only accept btc. saw it on the news.
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:13:36 AM

I guess so, I have heard the news that terrorists and some criminals are funded easily right now through bitcoin and cryptocurrency. And authorities cannot easily track them.
You are right because the address of the bitcoin address is anonymous, and because of the decentralized nature of bitcoin, global law enforcement can neither find out the owner of a bitcoin address nor can it sequester funds that freeze a bitcoin address . So authorities can not easily track them.
Bitcoin can really used by different kinds of person even the most wanted person may used bitcoin because bitcoin is just an instrument that anyone can use without any restriction i believe that bitcoin can also be use by criminals and others bitcoin is really helpful to everyone .

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:16:33 AM

Why not. there's no way to tell on the internet what large, slush funds over the internet are meant for. If ordinary, good people use it then the terrorist also use it.
However, the wise terrorist avoids the internet and its uses.

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:22:03 AM

I feel that if money and internet is being used by criminals, I see no reason why bitcoin won't be used by criminals. How much more that Bitcoin transaction is decentralized and can't be traced to a particular persons. It avails criminals more leverage to store up their wealth.
Keihell

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

Probably... but I know there are also using regular currencies.
This is a way to push through regulation of the whole crypto world.
All I hear is how the governments are trying to protect us mortals from the dangers of crypto.
This is just one of them "reasons".
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:18 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Yes, as you say, the internet and bitcoin are just devices that everyone can use, including bad guys and good people.
it is not fair if there is an attempt to ban internet and bitcoin. though, the internet and bitcoin are often used as tools for crime.

as an example; when a robber commits a murder with a knife as a tool to kill his victim. who is wrong!? who is to blame and punished is the robber, not his knife. because, the knife is just a tool. knife is very useful for everyday life. knives are often used as a tool for cooking activities. certainly unfair not when a knife is banned
EvieeHist

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:33:18 PM

everything may happen in this world, every thing there is only possibility that is positive or negative, good or evil. let alone bitcoin is a very complex and sensitive issue because it deals with money. money seems to be everything in this world, then criminals will always be there and look for opportunities to do the action with selfish without thinking about the safety, loss, suffering and fate of others.
as a solution to minimize the occurrence of crime, we must be careful and careful in the transactions do not get careless. follow legitimate rules and policies.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:56:51 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:04:36 AM by farhaan

Just like USD, bitcoin is also used by criminals but not only criminals.Even the internet is used both for good and bad.Its true that in early days of bitcoin,mostly bitcoin was used in dark markets for buying illegal products.But now it has vast usage like trading,payments and as a valuable investment.Also since bitcoin is pseudo anonymous,it could not remain as the best choice for the criminals for a longer time.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:35:59 AM

a lot of researcher right now are interested to study bitcoin as a currency of criminal. We know that bitcoin is decentralized currency so its easy to transfer from one wallet to other wallet. Bitcoin possible to use as ransom, drug payment revolutionary tax and etc. it really hard to identify not only bitcoin as payment but all altcoins and token.
JayB435

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:38:09 AM

All the time, it's one of the only downsides (presumably) of bitcoin
Aris novianto

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:45:24 AM

If I think a bitcoin forum that I think is good and not in use for bad guys, hopefully using bitcoin forums is a good person.

CCN    CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN   
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰     Service Thread    Whitepaper
laracastvue

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:48:30 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Yes there are a lot of people telling that bitcoins is bad because of this kind of problems. Bitcoins and fiat is almost the same, we can both use it for different transaction either it is good or bad so they should not ban bitcoins because it helps other people to get out of poverty.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:50:53 AM

Yes it is, because bitcoin we access or have an communication to anyone or have a transaction between us. Most i think it uses for selling drugs online through btc payment and uses by scammer or hacker. This things cant be stop. Bitcoin will be a way to criminals to gain money.
But it best if used in good ways and no one will down

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
PinkCrypto

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:54:12 AM

The most criminal currency out there is USD dollar in cash...Want to stop criminals? Ban US dollar in cash!! Grin
mharz

Merit: 260

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:30:07 AM

The most criminal currency out there is USD dollar in cash...Want to stop criminals? Ban US dollar in cash!! Grin
Why do we need to ban USD dollar? Yes there were possible that bitcoin abused and used for some criminal acts, in reality people are being much smarter in terms of illegality. Even bitcoin or USD there are no differences if the persons wants to make evil they can used all their resources. No matter what should they do, they cannot eliminate the peoples who make wrong things.
winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:35:34 AM

It is a very simple question. Any tools could be good or evil. There is no way to prevent such things. If someone really want to take down Bitcoin, they only have to "educate" the public these kind of information. It is happening for a while already. Because the blockchain is hurt the people who control the people and the world.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:39:16 AM

background bitcoin in the past will continue to be attached to the present,the purchase of weapons, drugs, and hackers is part of bitcoin in the past.
the internet and bitcoin will not be separated, regardless of which part has a higher positivity and negative but if there is no internet there will be no bitcoin.
and I agree with you currently those who think bitcoin is bad now they think bitcoin is a lucrative investment.
but it can not be denied that bitcoin is still used as an illegal transaction tool.
last year some hospitals in my country were attacked by malware, and they asked for bitcoin as a redemption for all data on the hospital.

Dani33

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:47:54 AM

We can't never know what people do with own money and with Bitcoin is the same thing, but media could tell this just for bring down the price of Bitcoin.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:53:02 AM

BTC is a currency just like any other else out there. And these currencies are accessible by felons, and BTC is not an exception.
I'm not even surprised if they have more assets than anybody else into BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: