Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:20:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:06:51 PM

Yes it was used a long time ago. By some means government bans bitcoin on their country because of it, they fear that bitcoin could be used by criminals, drug lords or some stuffs that is basically illegal. Up until now, there are some transactions happened illegaly they doing those things on deepweb and uses bitcoin as form their form medium of exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bayong

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:12:57 AM

maybe the criminals used bitcoin for bad doing.how about other thing they also doing it.it is not bitcoin only for criminals use there are a lot.Criminals are criminals.They have to find a way just to earn more, to gain more, to satisfy their wants.That is why some people don't believe in bitcoin,they think bad guys are behind of it.we don't know really,only bad guys know what they are doing.
acell101

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:24:33 AM

Bitcoin is use just like using other currency, So maybe criminals also used it, who knows?? but I believe that bitcoin has nothing to do with that.. They work as currency so thats it.. If others use it for criminal purposes then they know nothing about it and if they did.. then I believe that they will stop it.Bitcoin is one of the safest and least ‘bad’ ways to use money, it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use it. Just like normal money, maybe  they do. Terrorists, money launderers and drug smugglers use Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp to communicate and coordinate every single day, but the government try to ban internet? no. because its hard to do so, the positive outweighs the negative impact, same in Bitcoin if there were negative impact then there were also the positive effect.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:28:31 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

In my own opinion, yes it can be used by criminals since it was a digital currency. Bitcoins can be used to pay online even if it was an illegal transaction and that is the reason why some of the country are banning cryptocurrency because they are avoiding this kind of problems but it is just the same as fiat so i think that their intentions on bitcoins is wrong, they also want to hinder their people to use cyrptocurrency because some governments are afraid for their people to become wealthy and would not work at the corporate world anymore.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:36:33 AM

There are many internet tools criminals may used in their operation and one of them is coins. The best thing authorities can do is to catch those criminals than getting rid of bitcoin. Criminal is the culprit and not the coin.

elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:44:44 AM

it has the possibility of actually happening
because we know that Bitcoin is decentralized, without centralized authority, no regulation, anonymous and so many features not possessed by the FIAT currency

a person will not be taxed even will not be investigated his wealth if he holds 1000 BTC at this time, because it is decentralized and without central authority governing
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:55:56 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

In this vast world, there is always "good people and bad people". everything that created and used for and by the human being is good things, but these is always people used it for bad things. cars created for the transportation, but there is bad people who used it for bad thing as rob or kill, so does the internet or bitcoin, there is always people used for bad thing. as for what happen to bitcoin do people/government the same efforts to ban the cars?? i guess why the government used to ban bitcoin is because of less advantage for the government itself, if not why the government ban something usefull for the peoples..
I very much agree with your view, good people get bitcoin to do good, the bad guys take bitcoin to crime, bitcoin can be used by anyone, bitcoin is just a tool, I think the people who created bitcoin is good, we Bitcoin can not be misunderstood because Bitcoin is exploited by lawless elements.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:23:00 AM

Bitcoin is for all the people to avoid low class of processing of any kind of transaction that is the main goal of bitcoin. regarding to the news that bitcoin is used for a bad transaction like terrorism, it is possible because nobody can handle this, this is person to person transaction without third party so there is possibility to used Bitcoin in any illegal activities.   

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yuyuchain

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:26:06 AM

Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.
Yes, in particular, some people use the Bitcoin transactions directly to launder money because Bitcoin is fragmented and encrypted and the government can not find out where the money is coming from.
Fend Ning

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:45:51 AM

There are still many illegal criminal acts before bitcoin has existed, so here we should not see toward negative things because if anyone will try to do something negative then whatever is requirements, he will do. As long as you prove you have owned those bitcoins and those are of value to you it's still a crime. Without regulation or not,.
MoneyMotivatesMe

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:08:14 AM

Criminals will use anything that will give their some kind of advantage to when they commit crime. Guns and bladed weapons are always present so I think we need to talk about that first before magnifying bitcoin getting used by them.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

Everything is well-used, Bitcoin is nothing different from them. Every person can use bitcoin, even criminals.Bitcoin has no limitation that criminals can not use. A common man who has a meaning can also invest in bitcoin.The use of bitcoin is unanimous.
You are 100% right. Like any money (and it does not matter if it is fiat or virtual currency) Bitcoin can be easily used by criminals. However, it was statistically proved that only 1 % of all BTC coins are used for evil. Dollars rule still in the criminal world.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:22:21 PM

Yes, some criminals are using bitcoin to do their criminal activities. That is the main reason why some country is banning bitcoin and some people that saying bitcoin is a scam or fraud. But not all bitcoin user is criminal, most of them want to earn some money that they need or using bitcoin to buy the things that they want. 

Don't Forget To Hit The +MERIT Button! THANK YOU!!
JayT22

Activity: 168

Privacy is freedom!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:31:30 PM

For sure,bitcoin is used by criminals!I think the number of criminal bitcoin users is no longer likely to play a particular role for bitcoin today.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:59:23 PM

Not just Bitcoin, it's all used by criminals, obviously, most criminals use fiat. The more dangerous would be to use fiat. They are the highest positions of various international companies.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:48:15 AM

It could be, because I heard in news that maybe bitcoin used in criminal or illegal transaction to black market. And it also affect some of people are now doubting about bitcoin if it is real or not. And it was also alarming  to all bitcoin users that loses their money because to scammer. So we must have action of this anomaly.
The thing is that bitcoin is for sure real and people are after it because of its high tendency of generating huge profits. This capability of bitcoin is not just an imagination, rather it has been proven last year when it touched 20,000 dollars and made maximum number of bitcoin holder’s rich. Scammers are successful in their evil purposes because we are fool enough to get trapped by them easily. We should not trust them.

sfr2017

Activity: 286

Football Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:56:54 AM

it's possible that bitcoin is used by criminals and terrorists like all methods of payments but each country can control high volume of money circulated to reduce the disadvantages of using bitcoin.

sr32703

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:04:27 AM

Yes, it's true. it's easy to crime for criminals. there are many crime they are used payment bitcoin. Like murder, kidnep etc

mixelalex

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:08:54 AM

I think that this is real. But I do not see now anything positive from bitcoin except enrichment. It is not yet built into the economy and has only prospects for use. So let's see in a future what will happened with it.
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:11:23 AM

You have a good point. Yes, usually bitcoin is being used in different transactions that can be bad or good. Bitcoin is still a kind of money that can be used anywhere and anytime its holder want. So there is a time that bitcoin is being used in illegal transactions specifically in deepweb or darkweb.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: