Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:00:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:38:45 PM

No one can control Bitcoin usage and neither can Bitcoin discriminate who uses it, its free for everyone and just like fiat, anyone can use it, the fact that people with bad morals use it is just an excuse as crime and terrorism existed long before BTC and they havent been stopped before, Bitcoin is just a means of pay and cannot be held responsible for criminal activities
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darkschneider78

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

.. sad part about this..  i had some kid thinking he could use btc to make some purchases off the dark web for who knows what.. was asking dumb questions about this crap... some people giving crypto a bad rep...... the media and  society feeding the wrong info the new people.........
okour999

Activity: 393

Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:41:04 PM

I think using bitcoin in illegal transactions such as drug sales uses bitcoin payouts because they will not be able to meet up for exchangers or payouts

jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:47:16 PM

I think, Yes it is, because bitcoin is a money in the internet which is the same as our physical money so as what our physical transactions made, either good or bad can also be done in bitcoin transactions, but criminals made good option to choose bitcoin because the transactions cannot traced by the government. Just my opinion

Frisianhug

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:50:59 PM

Internet and bitcoin, it all depends on your purpose to use it. So not everyone thinks the internet and bitcoin are just for crime, because of the facts I see in everyday life, how bitcoin brings goodness and benefits to the lives of many people.
AGAVE

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

Unfortunately, yes, because it is a difficult way to track money.
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

Who cares about it? Criminals using everything because they also people. If criminals drinking water we should not do the same or what? Strange things guys...
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:17:29 PM

Yes. As what the documentary says about Bitcoin, I think it is true. That Bitcoin was used before in the black market as payment. Is there any method that we can use to track if that Bitcoin we have has been used in the black market?. I hope there would be. I favor anonymity, but I do not favor using it in bad things.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:20:36 PM

bitcoin is used in transactions and uses it and knowing that criminals are buying guns and drug hide because bitcoins can not track your area

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

I think so, and if criminals used bitcoin we can't prevent, I'm sure that bitcoin is made not for criminals but to improve and help many people for transactions and investments in order to get great benefits.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

It is possible that the rumors are from goverment that deliberately say so to ban bitcoins. Bitcoins are for everyone, not criminals

Shuvrofpro

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:25:11 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. Everybody can use bitcoin easily. So naturally a criminal can a use  bitcoin too. There is no any restrictions to use bitcoin in certain people. Anyone can buy, sell, invest or trade with bitcoin. Criminals are everywhere and they can use everything. I think its not a fault of bitcoin. So not only Bitcoin everything is used in good or bad purpose.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:31:24 PM

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and other law enforcement agencies disagree with the allegations of Bitcoin's anonymity. In October 2013, American businessman Ross Ulbricht was arrested, the founder of the illegal online market "Silk Road" (Silk Road) promoting the distribution and sale of drugs, where trade was solely for bitcoins. In February 2015, Ulbricht was sentenced by a New York court to two life sentences. He was found guilty on most of the charges: drug trafficking, participation in the criminal community, money laundering, forgery of documents and computer hacking.
On the site you could buy drugs and other illegal drugs, payment was carried out with the help of bitcoins. All purchases were made anonymously. The total turnover of the site during its existence exceeded $ 200 million, and its owner received on the commissions a net profit of about $ 18 million.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:34:58 PM

Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.
Yeah thats why some country dont legalized bitcoin becauase they see something problems if they use it. And it is also used in bad or illegal transactions because it is not traceable.
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:33:55 AM

Yes, different criminal groups used to pay with bitcoin because it couldn't be traced. And nowadays ordinary people are interested in it too.
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:44:27 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Yes, when I say what you mean by criminals or evil people, the bitcoin for hackers is easy for them to hack into bitcoin if they know the criminals know they are victims especially in banks when they have to hack They are accountable to the bank as a way of dealing with them, just knowing.
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:07:04 PM

Yes, different criminal groups used to pay with bitcoin because it couldn't be traced. And nowadays ordinary people are interested in it too.
This is the reason for this market development. And to hide money, criminals have bought BTC. as a form of hidden money that the government can not find.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
loginov

Activity: 36
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

I think you are referring to corrupt politicians who are no less than criminals. I agree to this, such people had always been using ways to save taxes on the illegal money they have accumulated.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:28:02 PM

Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

I think you are referring to corrupt politicians who are no less than criminals. I agree to this, such people had always been using ways to save taxes on the illegal money they have accumulated.

Corrupt politicians is totally different from criminals that uses bitcoin as a form of medium in order to do their illegal activities because those politicians do only steal the tax that they collected from the people but the criminals do always steal every money that they wanted to steal. however both of them are still bad shoudnt be tolerated if caught on the act. bitcoin is use by criminals because of its privacy and no one can trace them if they use it , that is why many hackers has been reported ever since bitcoin and cryptos became popular.
claydeey

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:39:33 PM

Bitcoin functions like fiat money, it could be used as a medium of exchange and other uses that a money could be used because Bitcoin has all the fundamental function of a fiat money and money is used by some criminals in their illegal transactions. Therefore Bitcoin could also be by criminals in their illegal transactions.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: