Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:45:44 AM

It's hard to say no, we all know that anonymous features are the most profitable thing for anyone to use bitcoin, so they only take 3 minutes to create and use bitcoins without the need for identity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:49:19 AM

It is highly likely the case, that some people involved with crimes concerning FIATs, also see the potential of the BTC being used in crimes. A perfect example is in the UK were a hacker infiltrated the central network for the Health Department, and due to this infiltration, the system could not be used for several hours to a day, and the hacker was asking for 300BTC.

Then I guess that hacker is not really that smart. Bitcoin is not really anonymous and yes, Criminals are using bitcoin the reason they are now in their own prison cells. Don't you wonder why the Silk Road of the deep web was caught even if they are using Bitcoin as a payment? Bitcoin is not really anonymous, it can still be tracked.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/why-criminals-cant-hide-behind-bitcoin
Saddam Bin Delowar
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:19:23 AM

May be, bitcoin used by criminals. Where is the problem of bitcoin? Who is using Bitcoin for good work, Or who is using Bitcoin to do bad work,

Bitcoin can not identify anyone here.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:19:45 AM

May be, bitcoin utilized by hoodlums. Where is the issue of bitcoin? Who is utilizing Bitcoin for good work, Or who is utilizing Bitcoin to do terrible work,
Bitcoin can not recognize anybody here.
venkateshbk9535

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:01:59 PM

yes obviously most of gambling purposes or gambling payments and all payed in bitcoin only because it is decentralized currency government can't be able to capture the transaction of bitcoin. so the most of governments are try to ban the bitcoin in their country's
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:10:04 PM

Yes it is used, but it does not mean that it is something terrible, or other forms of payment are also used. But in case of bitcoin the anonymity helps, but on the other hand it is main reason of its popularity and value.

haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:15:09 PM

Indeed a few people are utilizing Btc as front for an investment plot that is the reason our government cautions the general population from these con artists. Despite the fact that its not by any stretch of the imagination a wrongdoing like medications and killings however for me its extremely disturbing on the grounds that numerous individuals turned into a casualty and lost their cash. These criminals are putting a terrible name to Btc motivation behind why a few people are distrustful about it.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:39:16 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Yes they can use bitcoin for their transaction anytime because we did not know them,terrorists are always bad at all the time,they always find ways just to pursue their mission.
      If they will use btc to purchase firearm or ammunition, then it is very possible.
ThatICOguy

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Coin Radar

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 01:45:53 PM

Part of Bitcoins success will always be attributed to markets like Silk Road. It's a negative point in Bitcoins history that it will always find hard to shake.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:47:55 PM

There is no harm in bitcoin in use by criminals. Because bitcoin e-money that can be used by everyone. Including criminals. I think bitcoin is mostly used by criminals to buy weapon supplies or can be used by terrorists.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:49:58 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
I think it is one of the disadvantage of the bitcoin, few people are using bitcoin in bad way. I believe there are many terrorist and criminals who are using bitcoin. The image of the bitcoin becoming worse because of the people who are using in a bad way.

cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

It is true that criminals and other anti-social elements have been using bitcoin as a means for their financial transactions. There are a lot of good people also using bitcoin. So, it is not the fault of bitcoin.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:58:48 PM

yes, bitcoin would be ideal if it were not used for mercenary purposes. For example "bitcoin mixer". But after starting to track all the translations before replenishing the fiat on the card, one can come to total control

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
dangwapo311

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:06:34 PM

Yes sad to say but bitcoin is used by criminals around the world. That is the negative side of a currency that is decentralized. Being decentralized the government is having a hard time tracking transactions that is made by criminals. I think that is why people stay away from bitcoin because of the bad reputation it has receive. But that doesn't mean bitcoin is to blame. I mean anything good can be exploited and used in bad ways.
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:31:13 PM

anyone has internet and an own wallet, they can use BTC for payment or do anything they want. no one can ban them even the Government. So, this is one of the big reason why there are some countries ban BTC transaction. I think there is nothing can control this problem

anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:42:50 PM

Although the tools themselves are not guilty, we can still argue that there are some things that are more easily exploited than others. For example, they are all cut vegetables, and the kitchen knife is easier to become a criminal tool than the board. The instrument of its own innocence, if it facilitates the criminal, is to a certain extent greater than his utility, and it is also to be managed and controlled.

Anonymous attribute of the COINS is that "for the convenience degree of the crime is greater than he." a property of ordinary people to buy things most of the time don't need to remain anonymous, generally only the pursuit of the pursuit of illegal trading on condition of anonymity.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:46:00 PM

Although the tools themselves are not guilty, we can still argue that there are some things that are more easily exploited than others. For example, they are all cut vegetables, and the kitchen knife is easier to become a criminal tool than the board. The instrument of its own innocence, if it facilitates the criminal, is to a certain extent greater than his utility, and it is also to be managed and controlled.

Anonymous attribute of the COINS is that "for the convenience degree of the crime is greater than he." a property of ordinary people to buy things most of the time don't need to remain anonymous, generally only the pursuit of the pursuit of illegal trading on condition of anonymity.
Since we already know that criminals are everywhere and now they have the chance to do their crimes by using bitcoin as their way or illegally transmitting money as their illegal transactions, criminals no matter what will do anything for the sake of the success of their operation whether there is bitcoin or not.
tamarindbleu

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:51:46 PM

BTC is one of the many ways of dealing with criminals. By using BTC as a means of payment, you can avoid the supervision of many government departments.

Right now i dont think that the there are many criminals is using bitcoin, because bitcoin is required a wide knowledge before criminals can totally used it and make money from it and i think criminals is  we will just used bitcoin when they have enough knowledge on it.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:11:44 PM

That's why we need rules and regulation. Bitcoin can be dangerous cause no one can control it. Saying positive and negative, that's not even help. It actually depends on the people. Some did for the good, and the others did for the bad. If the rules are truly exist, crime that used bitcoin would slowly go down. But it doesn't mean they disappear. Then again, if bitcoin is being controlled, it's not bitcoin anymore, I guess. Things become complicated.

Rockyz

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:13:25 PM

This is what i heard before that bitcoins where being used my hackers i dont know if it true though. But i think today all kind of people are using it be it criminals or hackers. I think the main concern here is the safety because a lot of people are investing in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: