Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:39:55 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

To be honest actually bitcoin can either use for a good and bad , and still depend on the person or the beholder if he/she wanted to use it for a cause. This is the reason that giving a bad image through bitcoin industry , many criminals , hackers , and terrorist using bitcoin to transact at the what so called the deep web where they transact anonymously. Bitcoin can use at any cost , and any where so obviously it's still depend on the person on how he/she will use it.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cyanics

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:02:56 PM

I didnt heard that before but thats not a thing to be surprised because we even use internets that are also used by terrorists for their outlawful works.
Jabba the Bit

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:14:50 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 12:36:03 PM by Jabba the Bit

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Bitcoin was to be used by criminals before it became more mainstream. They could be sent rather anonymously and were used as the primary currency of .onion black markets. I think bitcoin is still used in illegal ways but there are other coins now which are more anonymous like monaro.

At the end of the day bitcoin is just a secure way of transferring and keeping wealth that doesn't rely on a bank to keep your funds.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:22:45 PM

I didnt heard that before but thats not a thing to be surprised because we even use internets that are also used by terrorists for their outlawful works.

I think OP was not referring to terrorists here. There can be different perceptions regarding criminal. I know some people buying illegal things like stealth paypal accounts as it is not allowed to open one in their country. Will you call it a crime ?
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:33:17 PM

There is a posibility that it can be used by criminals. But come to think of it, a criminal not only use bitcoin but also use bank account in their illegal doings.  Bitcoin is good. Criminals do bad. It will always be their choice. Meaning a criminal will always do bad even if the thing is good. So we should not blame bitcoin if it is used in bad.
Simplyield

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:53:18 PM

I dont know about bitcoin ecosystem too much as  i am not interested in it too much...they are not so reliable.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:24:04 PM

Bitcoin is can be used by criminals, because it have anonymous transactions. That's why I think cryptocurrency must be non-anonymous.
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

Everyone can use bitcoin and when we talking about criminals ... Roll Eyes bitcoin is the most popular currency there nowadays and it's obvious and clear.
krimzon1321$$

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:16:57 AM

I'm positive bitcoin is being used by criminals but who cares. They use banks, fiat so no difference.
I like the idea of privacy coins. Not for the fact of being able to do something dodgy but in the end why should authorities be able to have track me and what i do.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:20:29 AM

Bitcoin is sure being use by criminals that deals with weapon purschase,drug baron and terrorist,because Bitcoin allow private transaction,its make it easier to transact and do illegal deals without government agency interferance
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:22:41 AM

Easy and difficult to track bitcoin users will make it easier for their users to maintain the privacy of their data. This is what causes them (criminals) to commit criminal acts, they take advantage of the advantages possessed by bitcoin for criminal acts. I think this is a negative action that someone did in using bitcoin, the fact on the ground that nowadays increasing cyber crime action because of cryptocurrency.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:24:29 AM

Everything is used by criminals, not just Bitcoin. For sure, the great majority of the criminals are using fiat. The more dangerous ones are definitely using fiat. They are the ones who are wearing suits and are occupying high positions in the governments of different countries and in the top executive positions of various international companies. In the low level, even scissors and frying pans and pins are used by criminals as well.

Right. Not only bitcoins they are using, but if they are using almost is fiat. There are many people who are using bitcoin for illegal doings, most of them are hackers, because if you are a hacker and want to pay something, you will be needed bitcoin because in bitcoin, you can receive or send money without providing your personal information.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:34:14 AM

i never saw by my self so who am i to answer,but in my own opinion this. Is not impossible because this is anonymous and decentralization can protect the peosonality of every individuals to send and receive so the thing is maybe theyre using this community to capitalized illegal activities such as criminality
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:49:36 AM

Could be yes and may not be ...
because in the world of crypto and bitcoin we can not know who the actual holder of the coin is currently circulating.
we also have to track its existence so it is difficult to guess whether all this is actually in the control of criminals or not.
The important thing is we take positive effects and use for things that are useful and good.

YeOldeMiner

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:36 AM

All currency is used by criminals.
2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:55:12 AM

everybody is a user of bitcoin. it depends on what to be used for, criminals are using to perpetrate their evil deed therefore it can be used by criminals
Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:24:01 AM

I've read an article in which hitmans, trackers, and hackers are payed with Bitcoins, and is also used for illegal transactions especially underneath the surface web. But do keep in mind that this also happens in all types of currencies.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
xDsoGood

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:24:59 AM

I think yes. Bitcoin is a global currency everyone can use it. So we don't know how people use it. Is it good or is it for bad. In bitcoin it's hard to determine who are the criminals. Maybe they are using this to buy illegal drugs and smuggled weapons and many more.
abhishek273b

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

Smiley  Everything is used by criminals, not just Bitcoin. For sure, the great majority of the criminals are using fiat. The more dangerous ones are definitely using fiat. They are the ones who are wearing suits and are occupying high positions in the governments of different countries and in the top executive positions of various international companies. In the low level, even scissors and frying pans and pins are used by criminals as well.
Smiley
Latorre9

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

I think that even the most moral thing in the world can be used for criminal purposes, this does not make bitcoins a fraudulent payment method. Everything if placed in the hands of the wrong person can be used with illegal intent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: