Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Leanna44

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:20:29 PM

There is no way for governments to go after the criminal since it's not yet regulated in some countries.
true there are some use bitcoins in their badly

What does regulation have to do with robbery , theft and scamming?
Are rims regulated in your country? Are they considered legal tender?
If not I assume I can go in the middle of the day, steal your wheel rims and walk away humming since nobody can arrest me or sedn me to jail.

As long as you prove you have owned those bitcoins and those are of value to you it's still a crime.
Regulation or not.
  there are some who used bitcoins in their negative ways, they doesnt even think how bitcoin really help us to be more prosperous and assist our needs, and they just used bitcoin as their bad doings, i think that is a criminal already.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kivalar

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:23:10 PM

It can be used by crimes. But Bitcoin is just a currency...Like any other. So, I think nothing to worry
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:27:50 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Your right, Bitcoin is very easy to use, you can send bitcoin around the world instantly so, its easy to use even the terrorist in their  own transaction without knowing of other, because there some country does not regulating the use of bitcoin so is very difficult to monitor the  transaction of bitcoin there so, that the criminals are free to do what they want, like buying a drugs and etc.

Aneuk cabang

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:31:05 PM

i curious too about this. i often hear it in some articles and this became one of several reason that makes some countries ban bitcoin. but i never hear bitcoin used by criminal. is anyone hear or know about some criminal or terrorist using bitcoin as payment method or using bitcoin for money laundering? or this just the reason some countries makes to ban bitcoin?
pokerjet

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:19 PM

I had already read a report on money laundering over Bitcoin and the rate for Bitcoin was around 1%. So there are no exaggerated crime rates as about Bitcoin is told about. I believe,  this is only a bad exaggeration.
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:50:30 PM

Btc is not popular anymore in the underground but those with criminal mindset are switching to more obscure currencies like monero. Btc went mainstream in 2017 and therefore became risky for criminals. On the other side monero is well accepted on darkweb markets and provides high level of privacy.
shloma82

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:51:15 PM

Of course it is used, this is the best method of money laundering for them, getting ransoms and so on, because no one can track it.
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:13:33 PM

My take on this is, Bitcoin can be used by anyone regardless if they are good or bad people. Some news says it's being used for drugs or illegal doings, yes it's possible but that doesn't make Bitcoin entirely bad because more people are using it for good purposes like making financial freedom possible for many all around the world.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:37:58 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Internet and bitcoin are two of the most powerful thing created here on earth. Bitcoin and internet is probably connected to each other for they support each other. Internet connects everything around the world wirelessly, an exchange of message or information can be done in a second from the different parts of the world, and bitcoin, which is created on the internet is one of the best medium for transactions worldwide. Bitcoin by its nature is anonymous and protects the identity of its user which makes it the ideal mode of payment for those who wants to use bitcoin for illegal and criminal activities.

Yes it is used by criminals like any other currencies are used for it, especially dollars. However, statistically less than 1% of BTC goes for these purposes. Therefore there is nothing horrifying in this information.
flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:48:48 PM

Yes. I read lot of news regarding using btc for criminals. Specially drug dealers using btc for their frauds.
That's why I like legalizing of bitcoin and crypto.
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:54:03 PM

I havent heard it but it may be used by criminals. Since it's not a trackable business, it is easy to abuse the platform. You shouldnt think that its not our concern if we feel safe and use this for a better world.
Well I think theres is no impossible that those criminals wouldn't hesitate to use bitcoin in some illegal matters because it is true that it is not a trackable business and since it is convenient and easy to transact than using fiat in transaction so it isn't impossible right. Hence, internet today is only an ordinary means and anyone who knows how to use it I guess those criminals are too smart to use it in their bad intentions.

Actually none of us know it really but our common sense says that is very probable that blockchain is being used by criminals heavily. the reason when I think so is bitcoin's anonymous structure that allows them to be almost invisible.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:56:50 PM

I heard the news too. Imagine that Bitcoin and crypto currencies overall were created to remove the centralized component out of the equation. This way, even bad guys can get some benefits, everything has a good side and a bad side. Crypto is not spared of it.
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:00:45 PM

Bitcoin can be used for dirty deeds, including for tormenting narcotics and terorism. Unfortunately, this descredits the very idea of ​​bitcoin. But bitcoin is not the best solution for such cases. Bitcoin does not have complete anonymity and all transactions are stored in an open locker. There are coins more anonymous, for example Zcash, Monero, Deepcoin
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

Yes. I read lot of news regarding using btc for criminals. Specially drug dealers using btc for their frauds.
That's why I like legalizing of bitcoin and crypto.

Obviously, cryptocurrency is the best way for criminals to move their funds because it is convenient to be used on transactions (not traceable, user anonymous, large funds transfer is not suspicious and more convenient.) So, I guess cryptocurrency is the safest way for them because it saves them time, avoids them from being followed and secure for them to do. It's quite sad that crypto as we know it (profitable and convenient), is used in an illegal way.
moli1

Activity: 182
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:19:08 PM

South Korea this week announced new bitcoin regulations that will affect traders.
The Prime Minister said that action against cryptocurrencies may be required “precisely because of the way they are used, particularly by criminals”.
From 30 January, everyone trading digital currencies in South Korea will have do so using their real names.
The measure, which will help authorities trace digital currency transactions, is designed to prevent bitcoin being used for criminal activities.
South Korea will also prevent people younger than 19-years-old from buying or selling bitcoin and other digital currencies.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:37:35 PM

I read some to , I do some research about it but some are , they used bitcoin just to buy stuffs illegal stuffs to be precise , the internet is vast so many people even the criminals just one click away from the illegal things. Some say it called the black market where you can buy anything using the bitcoin. It have a bad effect on the image of bitcoin industry.
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:38:34 PM

The real  criminals are the one's printing fiat, collecting taxes and sellings weapons around the world.

From one point of view you are right here. That's why we need crypto currencies and bitcoin in the first place, to get rid of these "criminals.
newb-dev

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:40:55 PM

Criminals and terrorists also use US Dollars so this doesn't make the dollar less trusted. I think they use bitcoin because bitcoin is something that everyone who owns it can use it
Neglected Person

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:41:28 PM

Everything is well-used, Bitcoin is nothing different from them. Every person can use bitcoin, even criminals.Bitcoin has no limitation that criminals can not use. A common man who has a meaning can also invest in bitcoin.The use of bitcoin is unanimous.
Meandros555

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:55:58 PM

Ive read an article a few weeks ago, about other altcoins been preferred due to them being "more" anonymous (harder to crack and follow transactions). its a shame that while developers struggle for anonymity and freedom, this may be used for illicit activities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: