Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:36:38 PM

it think there is a possibility that criminals is also aiming bitcoin for their transaction to be safe and easy because with bitcoin money can be transfered fast and less hustle with out worrying that it might be lost, just input it the right address and poof in minutes the payment will be there its too convenient for them to transact with illegal goods like drugs weapons and other items that can be found in the black market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514
Merit: 10

●●

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:46:20 PM

Possible. Because transactions are anonymous and no one can see what is your identity. So possible transactions made with illegal activities can be done easy without revealing identity of both parties.

There is no exact and accurate identity if the transaction is done so it seems illegal transactions can be done here.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
More and more criminal organizations use Altcoin to trade, instead of cash because cash is easy to detect and difficult to trade. Using Altcoin makes it easy for them not to be caught by the law.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:22:06 PM

Possible. Because transactions are anonymous and no one can see what is your identity. So possible transactions made with illegal activities can be done easy without revealing identity of both parties.

I agree with your opinion, officials will use bitcoin to place transactions such as bribes and buying drugs.
besides officials also invest in bitcoin from their corruption.
so, all that is done by officials will not be in the know by anyone if they do transactions with bitcoin.

Ochakemaput

Activity: 483

terra-credit.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:27:18 PM

possible, because anonymous transactions can lead to money laundry, bad people can gather in bitcoin, this reason also causes some countries do not legalize bitcoin, maybe anonymous transactions can be a positive or a negative thing, the positive our identity is not dispersed and not complicated

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:31:48 PM

Every channel possible can be used by criminals to perform their illegal deeds. In this world, we cannot fully eliminate people and instances like this to happen. It is true that Bitcoin had history of being used by scammers and other kinds of bad people but now that Bitcoin is not as anonymous as it is before, the transactions made by the users are recorded on the blockchain even though their identities were hidden. It is possible that the reason why rule offenders use Bitcoin as a gateway for their transactions is because their identities are hidden and faster transactions especially without the knowledge of the government.
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:32:48 PM

Yes it is used by criminals and that is not interesting. But as you can see there is no exchange and almost no people  allowing usd withdrawal & cash out without identity verification.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:36:36 PM

Naturally, in the underworld, bitcoin is used because of its anonymity, but it does not make bitcoin a bad currency, and the speech that it is used ONLY in crime is spread by the government in order to have an excuse  their attempts to adjust this currency

Bitcoin is not bad currency, the way of using it by the user will be. Using bitcoin in transacting illegally was hard to track which push to government to ban bitcoin from their country to reduce the rate of criminality.
Well bitcoin is for everyone  i believe that bitcoin cna also be use d by criminals in crime because bitcoin is for all who wanted to used it .But it is not a  bad coin bitcoin is only depending on a person who use it or maybe in what kind of porpuse they do upon using bitcoin. The important thing there is that we know that bitcoin is really not that bad even if criminals will also used it but it is  not about bitcoin is it about how  people use it.
Yeah nothing can affect the worth of bitcoin because all people can take benefit from bitcoin. if criminal are found bitcoin reliable and easy to sue then they will use it and no one can know who sued bitcoin and who received it but still on other hand bitcoin is being use for a lot for good acts so bitcoin is for all and nothing can take bitcoin down at any cost just go for holding bitcoin and put all of your bitcoin in your wallet so you will enjoy benefit from bitcoin.
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:41:46 PM

The absence of a centralized governing body means no one can tell you what you can or cannot do with your digital cash at any time.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:44:28 PM

I really think that it is possible that big criminal groups might be using crypto currency for their transactions. Just imagine if they would transact through crypto currency. Big amount of transactions are not suspicious and not traceable. It's safer and convenient for them to move their money.
kingcoiner001

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:45:53 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
well i believe everything has it's pros and cons and you are the one who uses things for bad or good purposes
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:46:34 PM

Pyramid scams, illegal weapons and drugs and more.
I was once invited with this kind of flow but I refused. I will not really be a part of them but they will just buy the bitcoin for me plus 10 percent more of how much the bitcoin is that day.
I think they where into illegal weapons. There will always be a black market and bitcoin is one way they could transact safely.
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

Must be, everything is also used criminals, this includes bitcoin or any other crypto currency. And with crypto you have anonimity so ofcourse it gets used by criminals, currently this being monero.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:49:10 PM

Bitcoin is a currency used in transaction and not detected or guided by banks or government. They take this as an advantage so that no one will be a hindrance on their transactions such as selling animals, buying slaves, drugs and others.
it's a great venue to deal with illegal transactions indeed, but we are already seeing market adoptions and may countries right now are already
getting knowledge about this industry so unlike before where criminals can do easily their illegal acts now some jurisdictions are already being
implemented.

We may never know the truth as most of us not criminals but it seems like very highly being used by criminals for drug trafficking, gun trade and money laundering. it is the sad and dark side of crypto currencies.
Zunaid

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:54:39 PM

Obviously,because there is no limitations on using bitcoin. So criminal can easily use it.
I think there should be some restriction on using bitcoin.
Janine012

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:57:40 PM

Bitcoins has its advantages and disadvantages. Fraudulent acts and scams are spreading over the market because of its massive demands. And because of Bitcoin powerful characteristics such as immutability and freedom to exchange fiat or money to peer to peer. Yes!it is great but others abusively used it illegally to transact different crimes. It might be used to purchase illegal drugs,illegal arms  and guns, used for prostitution and many other crimes because government has limited access to its user. But this is the reality, Bitcoin was just used as an instrument for certain persons to commit crimes, but even without it, Others continuously to do such things.
razvangake

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:02:59 PM

The crypto currencies have a lot of usage also on the evil side of the world: crimes, drugs, ..... Even ordinary people can do a lot of bad things with it. For example, transforming everything you have in crypto currencies before a divorce to share nothing with the other part. An also there is the corruption, but I see this as a guarantee that the crypto currencies will not be banned soon because there is a lot of corruption on the countries governments. For example I don't see crypto currencies banned in countries like China, Russia and so on... Also a Swedish, American or German politician can became much easy corrupt because of not detectable currencies... Somehow, this market will be in the future under authorities control but not banned at all!
Electro_wiz

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:04:41 PM

Yes Bitcoin is used by criminals. Because it's safe for them. Nobody Can locate you if you use bitcoin. You can hide your identity. That's why criminals use this as their payment method.

Varanida.com ◉ ↾ Building A Better Internet ⇃ ◉ Varanida.com
Mystery Companion

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:45:51 PM

because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet.
I'm absolutelly agree with you Wink
Each technology can be used in different ways - honest or not. We just has to try to find possibilities that's making unhonest usage very difficult.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:49:50 PM

yes of course .Cash is use by criminals as well what your point ?Everything is use by criminals Cheesy

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: