Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

I think Some concerns arise regarding the chances of Bitcoin being used by criminals because of its nature which can be spent on personal payments and can not be canceled. However, this opportunity has actually existed with cash payments and bank transfers, which have been used for a long time. The use of Bitcoin will certainly follow the same rules that already exist in the current financial system, and Bitcoin will not hinder criminal investigations. In general, breakthroughs are usually considered controversial before the benefits are fully understood by the public. The internet is a good case example to illustrate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:51:03 PM

I think using bitcoin in illegal transactions such as drug sales uses bitcoin payouts because they will not be able to meet up for exchangers or payouts

So basically, bitcoin can be used by criminals and it became a perfect tool for them for their unlawful activities. Sending digital currency to another party is quite safer than bringing a briefcase full of money.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:59:09 PM

Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

I think you are referring to corrupt politicians who are no less than criminals. I agree to this, such people had always been using ways to save taxes on the illegal money they have accumulated.

Corrupt politicians is totally different from criminals that uses bitcoin as a form of medium in order to do their illegal activities because those politicians do only steal the tax that they collected from the people but the criminals do always steal every money that they wanted to steal. however both of them are still bad shoudnt be tolerated if caught on the act. bitcoin is use by criminals because of its privacy and no one can trace them if they use it , that is why many hackers has been reported ever since bitcoin and cryptos became popular.

Agreed on what you have said about the difference between a criminal and a corrupt politician. Smiley I think Bitcoin and other forms of crypto currency will give you privacy and anonymity as long as you do not trade your Bitcoins to paper money because according to my research and personal knowledge you can only trade your Bitcoins to real cash if you can provide and Identification Card which means you need to do a KYC(Know Your Customer) to be able to trade your bitcoins for real money and withdraw it. This mean that if a criminal uses Bitcoin as a medium to their illegal transactions they could be easily caught by the authorities if they check its blockchain record. Smiley
Sar elok

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

I agree with you. Bitcoin and the internet cloud not be said to be the 'bad guys' or 'good people'. They belong to the community in general. Don't be convicting bitcoin and internet according to the groups or people who abuse them.
marites

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:08:35 PM

There is possible that criminals may involved into bitcoin industry.
When you say bitcoin the first thing that can figure out to your mind is money. Right?
I truly believe that money is one of the most essential form in crime because all people interested to it even if you are the wealthiest man in the world.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 03:30:10 PM

Every person has right to invest into bitcoin and many peoples invest into bitcoin but no way to identify are they honest or criminal,so it is not impossible that bitcoin used by criminals.
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:33:59 PM

If you say bitcoin is used by criminals, you may injustice of bitcoin when giving such a misleading title. You know, for cash, criminals find ways to print fake money. Any financial sector that criminals use to operate for their purposes. For bitcoin it also has many benefits for the user, but hackers exploit bitcoin by tricking users into bitcoin investment programs, money laundering services.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
All popular currencies are used by criminals all over the world. USD, EURO, Rupee all are used by criminals settling their trades. Bitcoin is currently the most valuable asset. Its unique features like decentralised nature, peer to peer exchange system is making its users more and more secured. Its quite difficult to trace bitcoin`s buyer and seller. That why criminals, money launders, drug trafficking business and even terrorists are using bitcoins. By knowing these riske countries like China, Indonesia, Australia banned bitcoin currency from their economy. I hope this will reduce use of bitcoin in criminal activities.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:45:13 PM

I think Some concerns arise regarding the chances of Bitcoin being used by criminals because of its nature which can be spent on personal payments and can not be canceled. However, this opportunity has actually existed with cash payments and bank transfers, which have been used for a long time. The use of Bitcoin will certainly follow the same rules that already exist in the current financial system, and Bitcoin will not hinder criminal investigations. In general, breakthroughs are usually considered controversial before the benefits are fully understood by the public. The internet is a good case example to illustrate.

I also heard about bitcoin being used in illegal transactions and such and i think it really can be used as a way of making money that all criminals wanted. This idea really creates a perception that bitcoin is an illegal system of transactions and investment. People who tend to use bitcoin should also check everything they do here so that they will not encounter those people who have bad intentions.
kukuli

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

Yes it's authentic that bitcoin can be used for bad guys and it all depends re each person's direct, I think subsequent to that place there will always be evil in the authentic world as competently as cyberspace, as quickly as bitcoin, because everyone from various circles can resign yourself to and use bitcoin hence that evil opportunities are always there.   
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:20:07 PM

Bitcoin is becoming the focal point of fame. That is good for us and the crypto market. However, the characteristics considered optimal in blockchain technology are at risk from the impact of organized crime or tax evasion. It will be difficult and sensitive. In fact, this has happened and there are almost no measures to eliminate it. That is also the weakness of bitcoin.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:21:24 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
  It's possible that criminals use bitcoin for their transactions and the like, but we can not know for sure. Everything is very confessional. It is possible that there are some disadvantages in privacy, but there are more positive people. So we will be calm.
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

We dont know , but theres a possiblity that bitcoin is use to perform illegal activities.  And because of this illegal activities a senator in my country files a bill penalizing the use of cryptocurrency.

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

It's possible that criminals use bitcoin for their transactions and the like, but we can not know for sure. Everything is very confessional. It is possible that there are some disadvantages in privacy, but there are more positive people. So we will be calm.
They are free to use it and it is not the obligation of bitcoin, or cannot control by someone, well, sad to say that it will become one of the disadvantage but without bitcoin criminals can still do whatever they want, they can use something else so it is not the fault of bitcoin.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:13:19 PM

First of all - every currency in the world is used by criminals and the most used currency by in the world is FIAT!

Secondly I believe that nowadays first chioice for crimnals in crypto space is Monero since it is a lot more anonymous than BTC.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:34:38 PM

What you've said can not be avoided. Everything can be used by people with bad intentions. Specially with bitcoins features of anonimity. I think regulation of it could lower the risk of it to be used in bad purposes and I  would prefer that rather than to completely destroy bitcoin's image.
alenahype

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:37:09 PM

I think bitcoin will take advantage of both ordinary people and people who pump up the atmosphere and house around and it's personality. Not what currency is not protected from criminal activity
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:38:11 PM

Every person has right to invest into bitcoin and many peoples invest into bitcoin but no way to identify are they honest or criminal,so it is not impossible that bitcoin used by criminals.
well it is actually, there's a lot of criminal activity in the dark web where illegal goods has been purchase through bitcoin, this is probably the dark bad side about cryptocurrency, criminals can easily use it to conceal their identity while doing illegal activities.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

We cannot actually say that they are used by criminals but yes we can not even deny the fact that it was used in the silk road website as a mode of payment which use to sell drugs online  .

Every currency had been used in funding illegal stuffs , it's just that BTC has an anonymous nature so we cannot find the transaction , so people blame everything on BTC .
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:15:14 AM

Good ways to think, I agree with you and we have to spread the word about bitcoin in a positive ways because there are a lot of peoples think bitcoin in a bad ways. Bitcoin were considered as a bad things because many bad peoples use it to scam and fraud peoples.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: