Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:00:18 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
The world's number one virtual currency is never going to escape the controversy. Although its existence began to be widely acknowledged to be able to help various sectors, there are certain parties who still feel the sanctity of Bitcoin security. Many call that this digital currency could be a source of cyber crime that makes the perpetrators are not traced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

The government in my country which is the philippines say that bitcoin is being used by terrorist,druglords and criminals in thier illegal transactions but I wont believe on that because what I really believe is that the government hates bitcoin because it has no tax and they cant earn on it but to those people who work hard in joining signature campaign like me find bitcoin really helpful specially to my financial problem so I really hop that bitcoin will continue to rise and will never end.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:06:45 PM

How can bitcoin be used for crime when bitcoin is so easy to track? Most are now using anonymous tokens for illegal crime.

Sure you can see the details of the transactions in the blockchain, so what? That doesn't mean you know exactly who sent/received it and the purpose of it.
You asking that question means you still need to do more research, because yes, bitcoin was used by criminals in the deepweb.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:07:46 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
You have said it all. There is industry where you don't find bad people. Even in Arms industry while manufacturing weapons, the terrorist,criminals and their likes were not considered. But these weapons find their to the hands of these terrorists. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have come to stay

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:09:47 PM

Because of a feature of cryptocurrencies and that is being Decentralized. I think that all sorts of people can use it and its not impossible to use it with crime after all government does not control its flow and cannot track transactions made through it.

rolls89

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:11:45 PM

While Bitcoin might actually turn out to be one of the safest and least ‘bad’ ways to use money, it doesn’t mean that criminals don’t use it. Just like normal money, they do. But there are two important things to note - firstly, that as more data becomes available in the industry, the more it is becoming clear the number of bad uses is very, very minute - if the entire Bitcoin ecosystem is represented by a big mountain, the size of the bad parts is a couple of rocks. Second, that in any financial system, this is a risk that can never be eliminated, merely mitigated, and Bitcoin has some of the best tools in the world for that.
genology

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

There have been a few issues regarding using bitcoin into illegal purposes. The one I'm most aware of is selling of drugs. However, we should have a solution in this since it may affect Bitcoin's growth.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:12:22 PM

Money became the "root of all evil" because the people use it in a bad way. The same principle applies to Bitcoin. There are now illegal transactions where Bitcoins are involved that's why some countries won't still allow their people to use it. But does that not mean that Bitcoin is bad in general. The people who use it in a bad way are the one who is to blame.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SparkSun

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:16:17 PM

Ya.... 
Bitcoin don't have any rules to protect spam user.
so many spam users are coming everyday in our personal massenger and saying I have bitcoin for selling.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

Indeed, bitcoin can be used by "bad guys" as you say it..

In fact, the principle of development of the crypto-currency itself make it really suitable for illegal transactions...

And then? Dollars, euros, yens and so on are also used by criminal organizations. Does it make such currencies unacceptable? I don't think so! A tool, generally speaking is completely neutral in itself. It is up to the users to use it for "good" or "bad" purpose! Wink

sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:19:14 PM

Of course yes bitcoin can be use by any kind of people even criminals because this crypto currency do not have any limitations it is anonymous that no one can trace the person behind each transactions. I think many illegal activities are present which involve crypro currencies and it is really alarming that because of this legality issue of bitcoin is hold on risk

eatfaith

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:21:24 PM

Bitcoin just a technology. It can used for good things as well as bad things. Just like a knife, it can be use as tool to kill people as well as a tool to do good things.
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:24:03 PM

I'm sure that they are using bitcoin. Because transactions is anonymous and you can't say who send it.
Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:25:59 PM

Is money used by criminals ?

Fixed it for you
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:33:59 PM

Bitcoin being used by criminals or they're using somebody else who's innocent to launder their money from BTC is entirely possible. The underworld have so many ways to clean their dirty money. The abuse of the technology behind bitcoin is the negativity that's pulling down bitcoin's development to its full potential.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:38:38 PM

i aggree with you , because "something" will have 2 side , bad side and good side , it all depends on us how we use it
and cant banned with the bad thing , because the good thing give  more benefit
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:44:42 PM

Bitcoin is considered as a currency so in that sense, everyone including the criminals have the freedom to use it. But indeed, the world we live in is not totally screwed up so many people still use it for good.
LordCarps

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:47:55 PM

Bitcoin has actually been used by criminals for a pretty long time, considering it's just really hard to trace, if you go really hard into the deep dark web, you'll see a lotta drug dealers who prefer bitcoin as their mode of payment haha  Grin
xsudo23

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:51:46 PM

It is quite true that Bitcoins can be used for criminal activities. Many people use it to avoid tax. It's easier to convert black money and save it in bitcoins and you don't have to pay tax on it. But then everything if misused can iturn out to be bad.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:54:20 PM

bitcoin is a decentralized currency, so bitcoin user is anonymous to all people, it can not be traced by governments, however this factor has been used by many criminals to hide their appearence on the internet and from their activities without any intervention from laws.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: