Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5044 times)
biascoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:33:42 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
YES IT IS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liamlion4945

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:48:37 AM

Nowadays many people know and use bitcoin. Some people say that bitcoin is not legal for some countries. So is it used by criminals? Bitcoin is like other currency, it's used for specific purpose. Can use it to trade quickly. Or you can use bitcoin to pay for the fees.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:49:45 AM

Probably most of the criminals are doing this as they say but i hope it will not happen that illegal activities can do here in crypto currency because criminals have no place here in crypto currency only for the poor people wanted to rich in bitcoin.
Have you ever thought that the creator of Bitcoin was meant to serve criminals? I think we should not think so negatively, Bitcoin has many benefits in life. Anything has 2 sides of it, negative and convenient. But I believe Bitcoin will be stricter in every country. Bitcoin is not an anonymous place for criminals.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 01:52:21 AM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
it can be very easy to happen because the transaction using bitcoin is very easy and not necessarily through the bank, bitcoin transactions are also private. so people can freely buy anything and everywhere using bitcoins.
Jupeter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:56:05 AM

I think that Bitcoin is digital currency and anyone can buy Bitcoin and can transfered Bitcoin anywhere and everyone can used Bitcoin. There is no mistake of Bitcoin, the mistake are the criminals.
I agree with you that everyone can buy bitcoin, so i believe that there are some criminals are using bitcoin for there own purposes, and i think only rich and knowledgeable criminals are using bitcoin, because if they are not knowledgeable enough it will be hard for them to use bitcoin.

PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:03:56 AM

Bitcoin is operated under decentralized blockchain technology. Because of this system, everyone can involve in this business easly.There is no control from the government or monetary authority officially.That is why  btc business can be misused by criminals like buying drugs,weapon , money laundry and terrorist funding. These negative impacts should be discussed and overcome together for better future development of bitcoin.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:37:18 AM

YES IT IS.

Criminals or not is always finding ways to keep their money safe that cannot trace by the government, through bitcoin the criminals can easily hide without worrying their financial because the can easily exchange bitcoin into cash in any currency.
tprabash

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:51:09 AM

yes i think BTC can used by criminals and terrorists that why BTC is dangerous.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:59:17 AM

I also hear that bitcoin is used for in money laundering and tax evasion. This may cause to decrease income tax so that some countries aren't welcomed it.

This is not the only problem the reason why the government ban bitcoin in their country, bitcoin is also volatile so if bitcoin is accepted in their country, their economy might be affected by the movements. Yes, bitcoin may be used by criminals but they need to be careful since it is proven that bitcoin transaction can still be tracked.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
russella31

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:22:35 AM

Because of bitcoin's anonymity it is easy for criminals to steal or do fraudulent transactions online. And also government can't regulate bitcoin. Regardless of this, criminals can still do crimes without bitcoin or not. They have been doing this even before bitcoin existed.
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

Criminals have used almost everywhere around the world.Just not Bitcoin. To say that the majority of the criminals are using the greater number. The most dangerous is that they are clearly using fiat. According to my knowledge, some terrorists are still using Bitcoin. Bitcoin authorities can not track them easily. But Bitcoin is not just using criminals.
As far as we know that all of us both have opportunity to use bitcoin,not exept for criminals. Even criminals are really good at this field, they maybe have a significant asset in bitcoin market. Moreover, bitcoin or cryptocurrency is anonymous, even though how criminala do in bitcoin, bad or good impact ,nobody knows it. Cryptocurrency open for all people, there is no doubt that  it cointains lots of risks that criminals bring to us, all we need to do is reducing the risks and watching for the criminals.

Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:12:52 PM

We are alert how bitcoin is used by an anonymous person which means nobody distinguishes what you have been doing. We don’t know if some of us use the bitcoin on the criminal’s activities like money laundering or use the bitcoin on the drug transaction because bitcoin dealings are transparent. People might not be able to link the identity of the person. But in the end, it depended on the person how they use the bitcoin in a right way or a wrong.
binghope

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:19:45 PM

Because of bitcoin's anonymity it is easy for criminals to steal or do fraudulent transactions online. And also government can't regulate bitcoin. Regardless of this, criminals can still do crimes without bitcoin or not. They have been doing this even before bitcoin existed.

I think we should not blame Bitcoin. Anything has two sides of it. I think if Bitcoin does not exist, criminals will also have many ways to support them. Bitcoin today thrives, in the future will verify the identity of the BTC sender. BTC will no longer be anonymous.
J Sykes

Activity: 60
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:24:28 PM

Yes crypto is used by criminals. Cocain is used by criminals too, but it's also used as a numbing agent so that you don't need to feel the pain during an operation. My point being bitcoin is a tool. The crime comes from the user
athiftammam2018

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:12:31 PM

I think bitcoin can also be used for bad things like money laundering. Because the transparent and free nature of the bitcoin allows it to escape the control of the state government or private banks it is used by rogue elements to engage in some kind of illegal transaction.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:26:38 PM

Anybody can use Bitcoin, good people, bad people, atheists, Buddhist, Muslims, Jews, Christians etc.
It's fact that because of anonymity we can't know true identity of btc users.
Yes, bitcoin can also be used for criminal activity.
Because of it, many governments can't accept bitcoin easily.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:27:30 PM

People who do not know about bitcoin certainly think that bitcoin is only used for criminals, with anonymous features of course it is reasonable, but I think without the bitcoin the criminals are already there, so with or without the criminal bitcoin will continue to exist.
nesis67

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

There are many things that can be used for crime tools, including conventional money you already use or others. It all depends on how you use what you have and for what purpose you use it.
Internet and bitcoin as well, as long as you use them wisely and carefully, will definitely bring many benefits and will give goodness to your life.
rokergila01

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:34:56 PM

When Bitcoin is just starting it is widely used in illegal activities especially in deep web but Bitcoin is just another currency (digital) that can be used by anyone, but even fiat currency is also used by criminals, drug lords, terrorist or used in any different kinds of illegal things. But the thing is Bitcoin is more on the positive side right now because it is possible to trace Bitcoin and possibly get caught if you use it on inappropriate way, and there are already altcoins that can give fully anonymity to its users when transacting, like Monero and Verge and I think criminals are now switching to those altcoins.
Many call that this digital currency could be a source of cyber crime that makes the perpetrators are not traced. Now, Bitcoin, crypto currency most loved by computer maniacs and cybercriminals is no longer as immune as 4 years ago. In the past, many people who sell and buy on the internet by using Bitcoin can not be traced. An internet user has even written a comment on the Bitcoin forum in 2013, "Even with the help of prayers, the FBI will not be able to discover who and to whom Bitcoin is transacted.
Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:37:03 PM

Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: